• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with SuSa.

I also think Zelda and Sheik should have three different placements on the tier list, together and separately.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
^me neither. I'll assume he tried to use insight as a verb and meant that tier lists give people insight on amazing gameplay but give terrible strategies? idk.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sheik sure as HELL isn't worse than sonic.... I don't really care about teir lists. I believe in myself way more than metasnakes when it comes to sheiks (and most characters) viability.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Sheik will never be higher than Lucario, the day Lucario is higher than Marth (which I believe will never come)is the day Sheik is A tier (which I think wont come to be)

iLight

Smash Lord
lol i meant to say i think tier lists insight incite amazing gameplay and terrible strategies

incite - –verb (used with object), -cit⋅ed, -cit⋅ing.
to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot.

i basically am saying that tier lists, make the people who play characters who arn't considered the best try harder and come up with amazing things, but it also makes people who play top tier characters spam their 3 most broken strategies, non stop.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao, yeah, forsure

concerning the general level of play, at least

the higher echelon of players should always be trying to bring out the limits of their respective characters anyway

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can't DI ftilt :/ you can DI ftilt -> usmash, it is hard to do on reaction though she has other guaranteed kill set ups so that isn't huge.

If I still cared about Brawl teir lists (sorry, that last one was horrible) I'd say something like "Sheik is easily A teir. An amazing air, ground, and long range game make her highly adaptable to different characters and different play style. That a very good matches up against the most frequently placing characters should at least net her some where in A."
I won't say that though.

It's up to players to prove how good their character is. I don't play sheik because I think she is almost good enough to win.

Charoo

Smash Champion
our name tag above sheik should be ****t

also, there's a tourney in socal at a circus!!! We should all attend it yay

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahahahh i wonder if u can ledge hop b-reverse needle cancel fair edge guard OFF A TIGHTROPE AND ONTO A TRAPEZE

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really should put some of my ftilt data online so I can at least work on it while I'm in Information Literacy. Like I'm taking Upgrading and Maintaining PC Hardware. , Networking concepts(***** hard class), not to mention AC DC 1 and here this guy is being like.

"Printers use ink, the ink come from cartridges."

edit: I mean at the start of class I go though all the lecture slides and then I start surfing the net. The class is only a hour long but even so in 30 minutes I can completely organize one characters complete data of 884 numbers.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea i'm taking information literacy as well and i'm about to take the final................easiest class of my life lmao.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL

ease of a class pretty much always depends on the teacher

and sometimes ur passion for the subject

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
i wouldn't believe you

edit: today is my birthday!!

LOL

apparently snake has a grab release cg on sheik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upk2A42cCRQ&feature=sub

u gotta be FRAME PERFECT

rofl
happy b-day
How old are you BTW?

I found that back in June.
I tested it some and found Sheik can get out of it.
Out of like 10 minutes I was unable to regrab the Sheik before she jabbed me in the face. :)
I dunno what Innocentroads point was, but we can get out of it.

Snake can however, follow up with Dash Attack or DACUS. :(
Screw ustream... won't let me say anything in chat
lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You've gotta frame perfect boost grab. grab I think comes out the same frame as dash attack, maybe faster.

Okay, here we go:

Things sheiks should know but don't because they don't read <3's posts:
Utilt is disjointed.
utilt hits behind you.

bair is disjointed.
Bair always hits the opposite direction you are facing
Bair on shield gives you a slight advantage on everything spare shield canceling options (you should never be in front of your opponent within range for one of these moves though.)
Bair has three distinct knock backs.
the front of bair hits people.

fair is disjointed.
you can hit people with fair so that they go behind you.

Nair has 4 diffrent knockbacks.

dtilt is disjointed.

needles can be smash DIed and used to punish you. Or DIed by your recovering partner.
You can full hop needles with no landing lag
You can glide off stage with a needle charges for increase horizontal movement speed.
instant needle cancel only looks cool, it impractile and only lowers your options.
b reversed needles are cool, you can use them to change momentum much faster than normal making them a great mix up when landing from high up or when approaching out of a short hop.

Fsmash isn't horrible. there are two different hitboxes for the move. the tip which keeps them still for the second hit, and the leg which moves them forward a set distance. the move is actually a great way to punish air dodges at high percent when you are unsure of their exact landing position. (fsmash has a much longer active/practice range in front of sheik than dsmash)

jab is safe on shield from behind.
jab-short isn't a true combo into anything until significatly high percents.
jabshort does combo into grab aginst most characters at like 50% (meaning characters without invul frame 3 or less than a frame three jab.) and true into downsmash around 180%. if you are hitting people before these percents they just DIed wrong. try it against marth.
jab should be your panic move, not dsmash. it leads to more options, it is safer on block (grab and other sheild cancels being the only real punish) and on connect it doesn't decay.

ftilt is safe on sheild from behind.

sheik -> Zelda -> sheik is an even better than just zelda verus a lot of charatcers. You refresh all your moves so you turn fair and bair back, your main spacers, into kill moves. much much safer and harder to camp than zelda.........

I'm Ankoku's alt account. lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Utilt is one of Sheiks better moves imo.

<3 I always listen to what you say.

I still think fsmash is terrible though<3 <3 <3

Top Bottom