• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you listed dtilit (which can also be a strong option at times) but not jab

jab is faster and harder to punish than ftilt if they are deep inside your tilt range. and can be used OOS four frames slower than shield grab but with a little extra range.
to put that into perspective its comparable to nair OOS in terms of speed and range.

At those higher percents jab becomes much more rewarding than ftilt. you can jab into dsmash on reaction but without the huge risk of the dsmash being shielded or whiffed, or opt for a dash grab tilt or even nair at those higher percents when dsmash won't work connect because of DI.

Ftilt is definitely a better option between 30-70/80 range if both are guaranteed.

TLDR:
It has its moments too.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, I admit that shield-jab has its uses, and I'll probably add that if I ever compile everything into a final guide, but when I listed dtilt and ftilt I wrote them in as attacks that are done without shielding.

Dnyce

Smash Master
jab is faster and harder to punish than ftilt if they are deep inside your tilt range. and can be used OOS four frames slower than shield grab but with a little extra range.
to put that into perspective its comparable to nair OOS in terms of speed and range.
Nair comes out one frame later than grab OoS and Jab is 3 frames slower, not 4.

//goes back to working ^^;

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Jab>Jab>Nair works a lot for killing from my experiences. Running around throwing out usmashes is probably one of the worst things you can do.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm pretty sure that if you're worse than a retired player then the goal is to be better than your predecessor, not just be okay with defaulting to first place of a meaningless title (lol best Sheik in a state).

sheikamaru

jive
I'm pretty sure that if you're worse than a retired player then the goal is to be better than your predecessor, not just be okay with defaulting to first place of a meaningless title (lol best Sheik in a state).
my mission, has now been adjusted and set.

onwards to glory.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm the best Sheik in Ohio. Whoo.

Next stop best Sheik in the Midwest. After that, best Sheik in the country.

Honestly though, I want to become a high/top level player before I move to another game.

:phone:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
^I'm honored you think I can do that. Doing my best but I'm no San or Reflex. Either we all going or none of us at all!

Billy! I'm doing my best! DRN's been telling me about that revitalized Sheik! Hope I can see it at Apex or even before then.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Double sheik is always rough cuz you don't have any strong aerial kill moves or grounded kill moves that warrant the duration in relation to sheik's weight.

In my experience MK isn't really a big issue because you shouldn't be leaving your self vulnerable to dair dsmash and stuff, shouldn't every really be getting hit off stage as sheik in teams much. I ussually stock tank even with characters that have better surviveability on my team because I have much more mobility.

I think of sheik as a very strong support and damage builder. she does have very many "safe" kill options for team play.

Zelda's air kill game is crazy. uair fair bair. it goes without saying.
And while usmash and fsmash have huge durations they are very strong and at the very least lead to team follow ups.

I think double zelda works well because of Dins fire.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Double Sheik is a terrible team. Sheik in teams in general is not a good idea.

harder to avoid broken KO moves, hard to KO, less gimping opportunities, your light, your recovery sucks, can't help your partner much offstage etc.

If you say anything otherwise it's pretty much blind character loyalty.

I mean I still do it for the most part, unless I actually have a chance of making money in doubles......but you gotta be amazing to make her work in teams.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've had great success with sheik in teams.

I mean yeah she has those glaring weaknesses, but she has one of the best projectiles in the game. very fast and very high damage. And that mobility is huge as well.

I've needle saved more people than I can count.

sheik's recovery isn't bad... it really really isn't. And it is better in teams.

you don't kill well granted, but because of that mobility you can set up for kills and (more importantly IMO) prevent them. There are heavy hitters that just don't bring that utility to teams matches.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't remember "best projectile" being very useful in doubles, considering how comparatively weak Falco is in doubles.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
it's helped me lots...
IDK.

You don't need kill power to be a viable teams partner.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I think Sheik is awesome in teams! You just have to make sure you have the right partner and are playing the right role in teams.

Must I post the vid of me and Polt beating up on Nick Riddle and Shaky again (even though they came back and beat us :()? She can do the teams thing!

Top Bottom