• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nice... actually go ahead and send me one when you read this. I lost your number when my phone died...

I prob won't be attending any tourneys or fest or events anytime soon (unless I host them) until I am a little more financially stable. I'm also esentially married with two kids now as well so yeah...

But I'll definitely keep in touch, I still wanna be a part of the brawl (and smash in general) comunity

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm picking up sheik again. next time I see judo I plan on learning everything from him.

btw how does sheik do in teams exactly?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It depends on how you play, Ripple.

I manage to do pretty well in teams, but I find it hard to be able to worry about your partner. Ed is the best man to ask about that though IMO.

Clowsui, Judo, Tutu or I could help you, but yeah. I think Judo would be able to help the most of us four.

:phone:

iLight

Smash Lord
Isn't D3 like ROB's worse MU minus ZSS and MK?
Fogo switched his main to Snake

I'm picking up sheik again. next time I see judo I plan on learning everything from him.

btw how does sheik do in teams exactly?
Sheik can do ok in teams if teamed with a heavy hitter who can tank for her, though she can get knocked around pretty hard as well as die fast if you chain when one of the 3 other people grab the ledge lol. But really though you can poke people back into your heavy hitter over and over again and make them eat a ton of damage/kill them.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm going to try her out at a tournament this saturday. I'll keep you guys posted

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Good luck Ripple! Post vids if/when you get them. Sheik can be very solid in teams if you look to play safe and always giving support. Very unlikely for her to be a lead but she can get early kills with gimps. Otherwise, send opponents to the heavy hitter. Needles disrupts people badly so always be ready to throw, especially when your partner gets into trouble.

GREAT WORK JUDO!!!!!! Great stuff on netting a win man. I really hope to see some vids from you!!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Went over this on the Zelda boards because Killik tried to create something. More or less, it's because everything would be driven by Sheik players I think the reason was. Find the thread in there, can't link since I'm posting from my phone lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Nice, you play Billy yet???
Not since I've had that argument with Red. :-/ No tournies since then.

Forreal though, I need mad help. I got some vids that will be up later but my sheik was getting *****. I was playing vs. Hero's Marth. I'll just assume that MU is bad LOL, but um it really feels like I need to learn her options and what she can do for zoning. There were way too many times when I knew Hero was going to do something and I couldn't think of a proper response to it, to make it worse there were times when I PS'd Fairs and I thought to myself "now what?". Oh and most importantly I need to learn how to camp...it's nothing like Fox and it feels really stiff atm.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Man oh man, I'll definitely take a look at these vids when you get them up. Marth is a terribly annoying MU but we can definitely win. It just takes some serious work. Wavebounced or Pivot needles will help greatly when it comes to needle camping. Just get comfy with her moveset and it'll help you be more fluent.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ahh okay, because whenever I felt like I was doing anything remotely to how the MU is supposed to be played it felt like the biggest game of footsies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ahh okay, because whenever I felt like I was doing anything remotely to how the MU is supposed to be played it felt like the biggest game of footsies.
Every matchup with Sheik is the biggest game of footsies. Her great horizontal and vertical (but not diagonal) mobility and general moveset really contribute to this.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Idea.

You're playing an Olimar, they don't know the MU. He's in Usmash KO range, and you manage to grab him. Throw some pummels to up the damage, and get ready to air release him. Some time before you air release him, shout "TROLOLOL DAT AIR RELEASE USMASH." When the air release occurs, proceed to run towards them, and bait an airdodge. Pivot grab would be sufficient, unless you want to do something else. This time, when you grab release, proceed with your DACUS for your semi free stock. If you know they're going to airdodge again, you take your pick. I managed to do this. Just thoguht I'd toss it out there for use.

Judo777

Smash Master
Idea.

You're playing an Olimar, they don't know the MU. He's in Usmash KO range, and you manage to grab him. Throw some pummels to up the damage, and get ready to air release him. Some time before you air release him, shout "TROLOLOL DAT AIR RELEASE USMASH." When the air release occurs, proceed to run towards them, and bait an airdodge. Pivot grab would be sufficient, unless you want to do something else. This time, when you grab release, proceed with your DACUS for your semi free stock. If you know they're going to airdodge again, you take your pick. I managed to do this. Just thoguht I'd toss it out there for use.

I do that crap all the time lol. I'll was playin a kirby and I grabbed him and yelled "Sweet GR Usmash time!" and the kirby player was like *to himself* "I can just DI away that doesn't even work" then I ran forward and faired him...... lol

I also do that crap on people that don't know it doesn't work I just charge it til their airdodge finishes.......

Idea.

I do this when I'm recovering. Like when I know that I'll just barely make it on the stage, I just go, "I'm dead" once they grab the ledge. Against anyone that doesn't really know Sheik's recovery range... they just sit on the ledge for too long and i get away scott free.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
got some videos of my sheik against fino and some other, they'll be up eventually. I ended up getting 5th at the tournament mainly going sheik

Top Bottom