• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

tedeth

Smash Master
By "what they don't do" I mean you shouldn't just be looking at at how people are doing damage and getting themselves into advantageous situations, you should be looking at how they avoid damage and keep thmselves out of a disadvantageous situation.

As an example, Luke says the way snake should play against diddy is to not use grenades too much. This is a good example because it's a good idea for snake to spam grenades in almost every matchup, however against diddy it's something you shouldn't do.

Or like something I've learned is that I approach marth with a full hop bair when he's on the ground. Even though it's something I can do in just about every other matchup.

Just look for character specific things like that.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the snake boards have a motto, "if you cant handle banana's, dont add pineapples"

meaning if you dont have the whole, use bananas against diddy thing down pat, spamming nades is going to make things worse, its quite hard to do, but I'd imagine tibs that since the snake you play most is your brother, his nades do good against you because he knows how to work with bananas.

however when I say using grenades makes things worse and shouldnt be used much, you should still always use them for nade counters and stuff.

scabe, baiting a nade counter can be good, but remember that snakes love to trade damage (ie you both get hurt at the same time) because snake lives forever, and is really vulnerable below 50%.

as for the going up high, you just need to be quicker or try to gimp me at lower percentages, but I know about it and know that snakes best defense is to go up as fast as possible.

watching for things not to do would be for example, using fox's shine to reflect samus homing missiles, they wont hit samus, and samus can zair you everytime guaranteed.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol ted.
yeahh a' can handle them pretty well, which makes it so much harder to approach....i actually think that snake has the advantage there coz well its like versing DK. doesnt die and kills early, difference is though, snake has some madt projectile that can be handled real well depending on how good the player is.

luke watch gnes vs razer @hobo17. razer is all grenades and yeah ***** gnes.

Throwback

Smash Lord
Uh oh...Just realised my parents-in-law are here for the weekend, plus I gotta do a job application in my spare time.

That means no smash meet at my house this weekend guys.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok tibs I'll look it up sometime, isaac (insert in-law chains joke here) get *****, we'll do it at my house then (twss)

so no friday meet because I've been ****ed all week (worked some 14 hour **** shift) and I'll be asleep zzz just like that, its gonna be awesome

but on saturday we'll have a meet at mine so everyone come along, isaac I guess you cant make it?

being tired sucks though, me and scabe were playing today and I was ripping it up and then by the end of the night he was beating my snake with ganon.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
haha, canberrains are the masters of bad jokes, tedeth even pointed out one time that canberra is only good for politicians and **** jokes, or he said something like that anyway.

ok so smash at mine saturday night guys, 7pm till whenever

its looking like it'll be me, silfa, scabe, zier (coming abit later), and probably rein
also havnt heard from jambo or bogo?

if you wanna come bogo I cant give you a lift this time sorry

if your out there lost and all alone luffy, come back to us! (overdramtic always does the trick)
the barracks is **** anyway, askelgirl is better, and a smashmeet is even better.

isaac. break free and come join us!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok well we'll see you both then eh? ;)

also I bought a new car today, its a Mitsubishi magna, and its nice.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so guys, options for a meet this weekend are friday at mine, or saturday at isaacs?

if you guys go with the sat, I wont be there as I have mum's birthday to attend to.
or maybe sunday? not sure, anyways what do you guys want?

Throwback

Smash Lord
daz's gf having her 21st on saturday too. Make it friday at yours luke. Also what do you think about 2 stocks 5 minutes for tourney matches?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok I'll check and get back to you guys on that, friday at mine should be good though.

and thats too short imo, matchs have alot of turnaround and being short like that rewards people who become predictable over a longer period of time.

Throwback

Smash Lord
SF4 argues that 5 minutes is more than enough time to adapt. Also campy matches (eg samus vs link) would be less painful to watch, and matches would be more exciting in general.

If you decrease the time per match, you would increase the number of sets played to compensate.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well the extra matches would make it take just as long anyway so it wouldnt matter too much, except that having only 5 minutes makes it even easier to camp and stall out the timer.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I could pick you up :)... I don't know about dropping back off though. :urg:

I'm at Southside in school at the moment and once it's 6 I'm heading over to Lukes, so on my way I can come and pick you up. So PM me your address/phone so I can pick you up.. Do it quickly though since I'm bad with directions. :embarrass

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Crap I must have copied the link wrong because when I got it off a site I cut a bit of the URL to make it look neater.

Thanks Jon for posting it again, I don't know why your link works even though it's the same URL as mine... Hacker :mad::mad::mad::mad088:

So meet at Jon's 6:30pm - 9:30pm on Wednesday?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Eh, might not come due to busyness at school, but we'll see. I'll give a TXT if I plan on coming. So I suppose no TXT will be not coming. :(

Has Luke already left for Melbourne? He's been pretty quiet here although I did see that introduction he gave Jon and I on that Boost thread :laugh:

Top Bottom