• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
That was a good night of Smash. :D

So fun to get back into it after such a long gap of not playing. T__T

Anyways, I'll be free mostly this Monday (besides jam session 1-3pm), and Friday if you want to get together. ^__^

Throwback

Smash Lord
Luke I've been thinking about the next ACT tourney. You need something special in the ruleset so that players W.A.N.T to travel down & play. Could be low tiers only, no MK, a tourney using the items rules, w/e.

The key is that it needs something different so that people have a reason to travel. Imo ofc.

edit: Getting a few of the best players to come is another good way to make everyone else travel. Will post more ideas as I have them.

2: Weird rules like you can't play w/ a character you have won as (per set)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Other ideas:

Random - Everyone picks random (character) for the whole tourney.
A best of - So like best of Links, Best of Samus, Best of Snake, Best of Mario etc.
Clan/Crew wars - The clan with the most points at the end of 4 rounds will win the clan war. 1st round wins are worth 1pt,2nd round wins are worth 2pts.,3rd round wins are worth 3pts. The 4th round is where the leaders will do the final battle and whoever wins gets 5pts.

Also we have to try and expand our ACT smash scene. Which I know you guys do alot! So I suppose finding casual brawlers with word of mouth might be the best option. But maybe putting up posters etc.

Anyways, I was thinking of coming with you guys the next time you go to a tourney! I'm also interested in going to that Melbourne Rocky one as well if anyone's going!

Edit: Also I think we should spice up and update the OP.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
omg great ideas guys, I'll update **** just tell me what you want, also I'm been wanting posters but I have no art skills so we need to get someone to make us a poster, and I'm going to rocky

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Alright, I'll help out with the OP, try to jazz it up and make it look more appealing. Maybe a like an active list of smashers would be good (or not?) Like the ones that turn up to Smash Meets.

And my photoshop skills are pretty noob, but I'll give the poster thing ago. Just don't rush perfection :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok first off this is the weekend before we go away to sydney so I think we should have 2 meets to practice, so friday at isaac's and saturday at mine? does that work for you guys? (isaac?)

also I cleaned up the OP a bit, if you guys have any ideas for recruiting I'd love to hear them.
If we can get posters I will put them up around at shops and uni's and stuff, and go into games stores and ask them if they can put them up, stuff like that.

also I'm up for organzing another tourney whenever you guys feel, so talk to me.

also thursday night, are you free for me to come get some practice at your place jon?

as for tourney ideas, low tier crews are something melbourne do and sound quite fun, maybe we'll even have the honor of having assualt come visit us (so they can get wrecked by the mario pro's - except luigi and wario arnt low tier)

Throwback

Smash Lord
I'll try to hook it up luke. Should be ok. Also we are gonna have to go in Jambo's car, Kel is taking ours out of town next weekend. Not exactly sure how I'm gonna get out to Jambo's yet....

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol isaac you got it the wrong way around :)
but actually that works much better, since satra is free on friday and if its my place he should be able to make it, we could do sat at mine too if its easier for you isaac since my parents will be away for both nights.

so who's coming?

silfa, maybe around 8ish till 1030/1100? does that work for you?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so we'll do it your way (thats what she said - I know, hate me)

friday mine
sat yours

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
lol, thanks for message luke :), yeah been a bit out of it for a few weeks, death week is coming up in school but I should be able to come to smash meets on saturday again now. moved to bruce as well.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
bruce eh? thas not far from me and scabe, anyways send me your mobile number so I can txt meet details to you when they happen

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok peeps, this week there is a meet on friday 7pm at my place and then maybe a meet at Isaac's during the day on sat, but remember early to bed on Saturday night, gotta be fresh to pwn it up in Sydney on sunday

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Sweet I'll be coming to those two smash meets to whip you guys into shape for the tourney! >:D

And I think we should start organising about the Melbourne tourney sometime soon. Scabe really wants to go! xD

Also... 50th post hellz yeh!

Edit: Oh yeah, I have work during the day on Saturday :`( Oh well, I`m sure you guys will do fine ^__^

Silfa

Smash Ace
I should be good for Friday, but probably not Saturday. With exams coming up and all that, Sunday is already pushing it a bit, but we'll see.

I probably should look into a new controller soon. It's only a small annoyance for now though, so w/e.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok, first off scabe answer your phone dammit! and silfa I think I can help you out with your controller problem ;)

Throwback

Smash Lord
Man you should have seen Luke play....epic epic match against a US DK.

Yesterday we were talking about the next ACT tournament. One rule that we are planning to use is to force players to pick their character before the tournament, and not be allowed to use any other character. MK would be banned under these particular rules (it's not a blanket ban or anything) because he has no disadvantaged match-ups.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Man you should have seen Luke play....epic epic match against a US DK.

Yesterday we were talking about the next ACT tournament. One rule that we are planning to use is to force players to pick their character before the tournament, and not be allowed to use any other character. MK would be banned under these particular rules (it's not a blanket ban or anything) because he has no disadvantaged match-ups.
I hope you guys somehow saved that DK match :D

I like the pick your main idea too. :'D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah it was recorded, I was proud of you guys you all did well and we're starting to see an aceeleration of improvement in our little scene.

anyways if anyone wants to do anything this week let me know, preferably by txt since my internet died and I can only check this when I'm at work.

meet on friday at mine and saturday at isaacs as usual?
love your pic scabe

also for that 1 character tourney I think it would be good if a few other high tiers were banned too, maybe snake and
d3? even things out abit

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I`m glad you like my new pic Luke. I hope you like my new 'Smash Elitist' title hehe...

I like the new thread title too lawl. I wonder how he went. I hope he took that advice of yours and turned up only wearing a tie and going ape**** at everybody. I haven`t seen the results yet but I hear Tedeth got No.1, So if your lurking here congrats to you. I hope I get to play you one day and not get *****.

And oh man Throwback, going back to one night of Smash? Sure you wake up with arthritis and RSI and not to mention losing control of your bowel system but I say it`s totally worth it :D

I`ll try fit as much Smash as I can which means wifi, lurking SWF boards and more offline matches so I`ll txt you Luke when I`m free. I want to get good for this Melbourne tourney that no one seems to be organising.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah dont worry, cao is organizing the tourney so you know its gonna be kickass (cao is superman)
silfa came tied 9th and I came tied 5th (or 6th and 12th if you use gay pool result altering systems)

silfa did quite good, he lost to melbournes best/secondbest player and then to another dk who also beat me.

anyways I talked to piesaac, saturday night at his house is the night this week, if there is enough intrest I'll hold one at mine on friday night aswell but isaac wont be there :(

ted came first and he said something about coming down to act in the next month or so, which means he'll stay at my place and we'll smash it up (also play d.o.n for teh lols)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well here's where you may get confused, DON, is an american DK player who is staying here in australia for a few months, the post isaac made about me playing a dk player at the tourney was him.

however d.o.n refers to a game I own called Battle Stadium D.O.N which is that ****ty smash clone game with characters from dragonball z, one piece and naruto (hence the name d.o.n) and whislt being a **** game, is rather fun to play in small doses.

as for cao, he is a mebournite who lived in america for a period of time and is very very well known amongst the American melee community, he is also the man responable for us having a smash scene at all imo and is a living legend.

he doesnt even play brawl and his peach gives me trouble, he is best player in aus at melee and he hasnt owned melee for ages and still managed to pull top 50 in melee at genesis, what a winner

Top Bottom