• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'm up for meets just about any day until then too. Although I can't this weekend because I'm going to the coast.

And now I have had a taste of melee, I want more. I also finally found my melee disc which is sweet. So yeah, I'm keen for some melee at some point.

Btw luke, I think I left my blue jumper in your car.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I've got it.

what happened? I got out played is all.

oh and toby is an evil ******* who taught liam who to be the rapest of *****.

anyways, silfa, scabe? my house this morning as planned?

anyone else gonna come?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
allright kids, rocky pools are up! (subject to change)

POOL 1
DEKAR (marth?)
EARL (MK)
JAMBO
JAZ (will probably use kirby)
SUMMONERAU (Jiggs and ganon)
T.REX (C. Falcon)

jambo you should be alright, I've never played dekar but supossedly he's not too bad, and marth is a tricky character, Earl is one to watch out for having won a tourney and stuff, jaz is an old melee vet so he's got the brains and the fundenmentals but doesnt really play brawl much, you should be able to take him, summoner is alright too that could be tricky, and I've never played T.REX but you shouldnt have trouble against the old captain

POOL 2
BOOKER (IC's)
CAKE (?)
ENIGMALIK (Cant remember...)
LEDGE (Olimar)
PANDEPIC (never even heard of this guy)
SCABE
TIBS (diddy)

this could be tricky for you scabe, booker is a great guy but I've never seen him play, and he'll probably be too focused on sf4 to really care too much about smash, you should be ablt to take him, and also enigmalik, ledge will be tricky, he's pretty good and oli is broken, but I think you might be able to outcamp him which will help you out heaps, and as much as I am cheering and supporting you I dont think you'll be beating tibs

POOL 4
AFROPONY (MK)
BRYAN (?)
DARCY (?)
E_ALERT (IC's, MK)
KAS (?)
TANMAN (sonic)
THROWBACK

isaac your a bit screwed here, afropony is a good player and won the last melbourne tourney I believe (or a meet or something), and EA has been playing really well lately, and tanman is supposed to be really good as well, its not looking good for you buddy :(

POOL 7
BORGIEMAN (?)
DAZ (?)
FORTE (?)
KHOA (Diddy Kong/Metaknight/Falco)
LIZAM (?)
SHAYA (marth)
SILFA

Silfa you should be fine, aside from shaya, I havnt heard of the others (except forte who is a living legend) and dont know anything about how they play, but I havnt seen them up in top positions so you should be able to beat them.

POOL 8
APOLLO
ATLAS
BLACKSHADOW
CONDOG
DJ CAT
LUKE ATYEO
VIVA

I think I'll be fine ;)

swordsaint

Smash Master
To clarify, T-rex also uses Marth, and he's not too shabby. I see Dekar being a big problem from Jambo, unfortunately. I hear Dekar is a Marth/GnW player. Against Jambo that could be an issue.

I think Scabe, Ledge and Enigmalik are all in for a chance. I've got my money on Scabe at the moment, but Ledge and Mike are really good players. Mike, plays a bit of Peach and GnW if I recall correctly. COULD be trouble.

Afropony is both Pit and MK, and is definately making the bracket. Bryan uses Peach, and quite a good one at that. ( I think this is the same Bryan as Bylim5.)

I agree with Luke for you Silfa, should be you and Shaya getting through without too much issues. Though I hear good things about Khoa, and he's a top tier high like meh. Could be trouble, don't take him lightly.

And luke, you were fine no matter what pool you were in. :o

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oi **** what are you doing in my thread!
nah its cool, thanks for the blackup.

I agree with that first paragraph, which is why I said marth is a tricky character, because marth ***** mario, but jambo didnt do too bad against shaya this one time and although he's inconsistent he has alot of potential so he's got a chance. (jambo also has a trump card up his sleeve)

dunno about peach, but I reckon scabes link will **** any G&W's

yeah, I think I've probably got the easier pool lol, although I have no idea how good apollo is and I've never even heard of blackshadow.

I'm also looking forward to playing viva! hopefully I play him very last so that if I know I'm in for sure I'll be confident enough to use luigi against his mario for epic showdowns.

edit- so appollo use's zero suit and came 3rd at the last adaladie thingie, still I'm not fussed since I can beat zero, and nix, and this one guy in america who know zero and was pretty good.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Booked my flight back from Melbourne last night. 17:45 on virgin if you're curious.

I'm interested in getting some practice before melbourne.

Edit: no pink name. o:

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
back from cairns, canberra heat is awesome :),
are you all heading off to melbourne this weekend then?
ill be a willing punching bad anytime wednesday till school starts again (except friday night).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
that yoshi thing is messed up, but the cape teleport we knew about, jambo has done it before.

anyways thursday morning at my place kids? also jon I should put my ds yugioh game onto your ds card so we can duel it up on the way to melbourne, also jump as well, and any other rax games you can think of.

so yeah, thursday morning, I'll pick you up at like 8ish jon, then head over and get you luffy and then scabe will show up at my place. if isaac or jambo can get the morning/day off work even better, hows that sound?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also guys, ted who is basically one of us canberrians (as much as he hate canberrians :) ) should be congradulated for triumphing over evil at the latest tourney! good job ted!

Silfa

Smash Ace
Thursday morning sounds good.

Yoshi is broken.

Got jump a couple of days ago and it's pretty fun. I've been playing with bjay and stuff, just learning a little bit. Fun game.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I may actually be able to make tomorrow since the doc gave me this week off...kids make you sick a lot, apparently. On the other hand I wouldn't want to put anyone through the last 3 days I had.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I've bought my ticket home (same flight as Jon), but no ticket to Melbourne so I'll be in the car with you guys. I hope there's still space.

tibs7

Smash Champion
so are you guys driving to my place? getting dropped off at my place?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah we'll get dropped off at southern cross station I think, then we'll catch the line to yours and taxi over to you adress, so you should pm it to me, or I'll just call you.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so looks like its me silfa scabe and luffy for this morning, isaac is still feeling sick
prefect number for teams hooray! we'll wreck their **** luffy.

yeah scabe you can still come with us, I told them you were coming anyway cause I thought this would happen! also I booked my flights before I read I that, I think I leave at like 4 pm or something.

anyways stick with me guys and you'll be fine.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Oi guys,

I have a colleague who may be interested in coming along to join in the [luke_atyeo/] smash scene [/luke_atyeo].

Her name is Kerrie, seh mains Kirby and doesn't afraid of anything. Claims to be pretty good at the game also.

Apparently she also knows a host of other chaps who would also be interested in the tournament scene.

I'm thinking like introductions at a smash meet with some of the guys, play some games, etc. teach her how her skillz actually are bad . To be fair, she is wasian, so she's probably got like hidden rice-skills.

LOOK AT ME, I'M RECRUITING HURR DURR :psycho:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Ooh a girl? That would be a nice change from the monotone sausage fests. :urg:

Great work Zier, I'm excited to hear that the A.C.T scene might be growing! And that we can actually have some numbers at the next A.C.T Tourney. :bee:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
good work lord pharoh, but you still have a long way to go to redeem yourself for the destruction of the holy orange

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd at 'sausage fest'.

Someone should organize a shindig after the whole Melbourne whatever is done, that way I can say "Wanna come and get dp'd-- I mean, play Smash at [this guy's house] at [this time] on [this day]" to her at work this Thursday.

Saturday or Sunday will probably be best for everyone involved. If we're lucky, there's a sale on rice that weekend.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the pharaoh cares not for his subjects, either that or he's a massive ****.

anyways, Saturday at Isaac's is the best option imo, 7pm onwards, that cool with you isaac?

if so who's in? the national doubles champion is ready to lay down some win.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
cao!!!
lol why? its a ****hole. but if you want I'll host a tourney sometime in the near future for you after things quiet down abit, and we'll go out somewhere nice for dinner and chill and tibs will come along too and other sydney smashers and it'll be mad chill.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm going to start working on preparation for our next tourney.

If you need a place to stay Cao, your welcome at my house. :)

Throwback

Smash Lord
yeah chill 7pm saturday chill works for me.

Also you chill didn't diss me in Melbs chill luke, if anything I dissed chill you guys but chill I chill really had another set chill of obligations (ie hanging chill out w/ my bro). So chill don't feel chill bad.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Oi just chill Isaac, no need to chill on Luke's chill choice of chill.

He's just tryin' to chill, just chill and let him chill. That way he can chill with the chillin' on the chillboards get other chillboarders to come and chill with him and chill some Super Chill Bros in his chillroom at chill his chill chill chill chill.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
speaking of chill and chilli I had nando's in melbourne and it ***** my tastebuds so hard. I wish we had it here. why does canberra have to be so ****e.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
speaking of chill and chilli I had nando's in melbourne and it ***** my tastebuds so hard. I wish we had it here. why does canberra have to be so ****e.
We do have a Nando's here. It's in the North Quarter of the Canberra Centre. There's large signs on two sides of the building (one of which is a bright-red scrolling LED advertisment), and one inside. The inanimate ones say "Nando's" in large orange font.

:ohwell:

Top Bottom