• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wtf? beat mikehaze and bardull twice?

inb4randommikehazeentranceandensuingjohns.

beating Mike is quite the accomplishment. but why you lose to him in the more important set?

mk banned... doesnt bardull main mk?

and how many people have to be at a tourney for 1 person to play 2 people 2 times apiece?

well, despite everything else, thats legit.

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Bardull uses Marth and MK. And its not that not many people entered, Bardull and Mike just ***** losers.

I lost to Mike the 2nd set because i couldn't get back on bf safely :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Very nice, Phoenix.

Just came back from a convention tournament. 64 people cap. I ended up losing to K Prime pretty badly in WF and GF. Played pretty sloppy for the most part. I noticed while rewatching my videos last night that I'm developing a shielding habit again, and that's what screwed me over more than anything else in the important matches.

Nikefest 3 is the next big tournament for Texas (Lone Star Circuit Event), so I'm gonna try and shape myself up to do what I can when that time comes. This tournament was a great reminder of how NOT to play in a set. :p

The games should be up soon.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
KTAR 6
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308914
August 13, 2011
Out of 130
17th, Da1AndOnlySonic, :sonic:

In WB I beat Keith Kush, then Orion, then Teevee, then lost to Atomsk. In LB I lost to Malcolm. Overall I am happy with my performance at KTAR 6, and hope that my level of skill increases as I prepare for APEX. I still have much room for improvement, though I feel like I am capable of taking my skill to the next level. For the many Sonic mains going to APEX, lets all step it up and show the brawl community what Sonic is made of! :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Did you do the trapezoid maneuver?

Come on D1AOS and Zero, you cuda posted the other names too.
Lone Star Circuit Event #4: Nikefest 4
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308904
August 13th, 2011
33 Entrants
4th: Espy :sonic:
13th: Tesh :sonic:
25th: Zero :sonic:

I don't remember if turbo went sonic in bracket....

I went 2-2 in bracket, I had more fun in the sets I lost though.

WR1 Beat Santi :toonlink: 2-0, I camped really hard in this match. I knew I had heard of this guy, and I wanted to start slow and avoid an early deficit. Next thing you know, I've a 16% lead with 20 seconds left on the clock. Game 2 only went to 6 minutes though. Glad I won though, I would have had to face Nike in loser's bracket if I had lost here. Kind of a fluke win though.

WR2 Lost to Illmatic :peach: 0-2, it was....kinda close I guess for a 2-0. Definitely a fun set.

LR2 Beat KRDsonic :wolf: :dedede: 2-1, He made a bad judgement call game 3 and I just camped him for the win.

LR3 Lost to Sync :metaknight: 2-1, Fun set, game 1 timed out (most of the camping was me), and yet it didn't feel quite like I was camping, but more just...dancing around the stage. Game 3 was looking to go about the same, but I went for the balls deep edgeguard and I actually fast fell a Bair into the bottom blast zone. Pretty sure I only did it cuz I had just seem another Sonic do it right (i blame espy, zero and D1AOS for being so aggressive in front of an impressionable Sonic like me).

Also Nike :marth: 2-0 me in another money match. But I successfully approached him with Upsmash twice in a row so I felt like a winner. I should have upsmashed alot more.....

Tesh

Smash Hero
I mean... I honestly think he approached too much. Maybe I'm just so campy that all other Sonics look aggressive to me. I can't remember the last time I watched another Sonic and thought "damn this guy is campy".

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Takin out marf aint no easy feat, nice stuff.

KTAR 6
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308914
August 13, 2011
Out of 130
17th, Speed :sonic:
65th, Wedge/TommyGreenShirt/Shadofiend :sonic:
97th, KID :sonic:

Dang man, feel as though i need alot more practice. Like D1AOS said, we'll run apex for sure. Next tourney is Xanadu on the 27th (posting it in the proper thread this time.)

Any vids Phoenix?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
hopefully i can make to xanadu, havent been to all tourney months v_v

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
E4H: Sidney Pro Bracket

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=10900
Out of 25
9th BAM

Got first seed my pools although Mike needs to correct it, he has me tying with Jebus for some unknown reason when i 2-0 ed him.

and im waiting on the results to be up for EGP Thunder Dome 2 where i took 3rd.

EDIT: Im definitely going to APEX now.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
i believe in a Tesh were all people sing psalms of jubilee. Where euphonious tones cascade down our eardrums. And phantasmagoria is rampant. where cherry blossom dance a waltz around their mothers trunk. Where people believe in a hero. Tesh is how the world began.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Smash in Nevada 3
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11479
August 20st, 2011
Out of 22

17th - Tails :sonic:

Now I know you might be wondering why I'm not posting Kinzer's results. Well Kinzer had to give up his spot in the bracket. What happened was when I was doing the registration for SIN 3, I hand wrote all the people who were entering in the tournament to prevent having a lot of people crowd up the live stream set up. Once I wrote all down the names, the live stream went down so I had to fix that so I let Kinzer input all the names into Tio tournament organizer. Well, instead of just going straight down the list, he decided to jump around and with that, he missed one player, OmegaFX who hasn't been with the scene for a long time now. I didn't noticed that he wasn't in the system until it was too late and we gone pass the first round in the tournament. I had to refund his money and when I told Kinzer, in return, he gave his spot to him as an apology.

Anyway, I lost to both Brick and Xero.

___X___

Smash Lord
Well, I'm out here in California, and went to 2 tourneys last weekend.
I ended up placing 2nd, in both.
Beating Tyrant and Mike Haze.
Results should be up this, or next week.

Hahaa, time to build up my momentum, and keep moving forward!!
Also, I took 1st in teams.
:3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sounds good. I'll probably update once I can get those results.

Also, Trela's moving to my city.
Hype.

Top Bottom