• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Browny

Smash Hater
Good. If anyone paid a cent for that, I'd have to mock them.

5.1 on a headphone freakin LOL. The most expensive headphones you can buy, including those you use between pilot/copilot in aircraft dont need that. Gimmick and a half.

Also I will be MM'img people KID. I'm gonna get destroyed, and I wont even care! Being good at barlw isnt important to me anymore :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We're all just kinda used to it and treat each other like family.

... and if we can't do that, we just dealwithit.jpg.

:093:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
R.X.B.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305977
June 25th
out of 15
5th -KC.24(sonic)

Lol haven't been to a tourney in a good few months. Although i don't think i did too bad. rather angry they ended up not recording any matches or have live stream but oh well.

i also entered dubz with my friend burst. our team name was burst & steak i really couldn't think of anything kinda was a last minuTe thing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wish my GF sets with K Prime were recorded from this past weekend. We both played absolutely amazing.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
I wish my GF sets with K Prime were recorded from this past weekend. We both played absolutely amazing.
next time play them on my wii, or save it to an SD card and send them to me, I'd gladly upload'em in a heartbeat, and yes, they were pretty great matches, cept I was :/ when I saw you get thunder gimped.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
thunder gimp?
Well, more like thunder kill near the edge cause he was at like 90-ish percent and trying to recover. Regardless, it made me sad to see Espy get killed by thunder, but then again, anything can happen in a match.

Edit: Speaking of which though, Espy do you happen to have the replay on your wii of my Sonic getting ***** by Kprime in game 2 of our set? I know I saved it to someone's since I forgot to save game 1 :( At any rate, I still forgot to congratulate you on your victory over the Tournament, Espy. So, congrats bro! :)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Rock Paper Scissors
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302660
May 1st
Out of 16
9th - Kuraudo (Sonic)

Alberta Beatdown 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305954
June 25th
Out of 21
7th - Kuraudo (Sonic)

--

The RPS monthly, I don't like making excuses for myself but I was both outplayed and severely out of practice due to just getting a job. Had no warm-up time either and no chance to do pools because of how late I was. But that's my own dumb fault. lol

Alberta Beatdown 2? Was fine enough. It was a ***** to balance Brawl, BlazBlue, and MvC3 and I won't be doing that again. I only lost to our 1st & 3rd ranked players (PR-wise) in 2-1 matches. Hey, if I can force KillLock to switch to MK to get the win on me when his mains like Snake and Marth weren't cutting it, I'll take some pride in that. I was practiced up too. I feel I've ascended to a super saiyan lol after this tourney, because of how well I was able to keep up with our top level players.

I'll be ready for Genesis 2. :) With X switching over to Yoshi, looks like I gotta step it up even more to rep the blue blur at this. Sorry for the long wait in giving my own results in. I was lazy and procrastinating. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait, so getting KO'd by Pikachu's thunder, one of his most effective and popular KO moves, as well as the one that's easily set up by his tilts, smashes, and edgeguards, is suddenly supposed to never happen?

I guess.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you aren't dying outright from USmash/Nair/UTilt, you're doing it wrong.

NO FEAR!

/Kidding.

<<Has his own Pikachu problems.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Exactly what i mean, I made that mess a full year ago. its old news, yall gotta be original now.
Wait, so getting KO'd by Pikachu's thunder, one of his most effective and popular KO moves, as well as the one that's easily set up by his tilts, smashes, and edgeguards, is suddenly supposed to never happen?

I guess.
i remember when we both used to fight pikachu in tournament every other weekend, and you used to say stuff like this seriously.

Life

Smash Hero
Rereading that thread, a certain MK player's attitude toward Espy is HILARIOUS in hindsight.

d:kirby2:b

EDIT: 4 nace uses the phrase "Bad Sonic Main"... now I can't take credit for Speed's username TT_TT

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium

I guess.
No, that's not it, I was just saddened by it. It makes more than enough sense that you would get killed by it. It has a ridiculously large hitbox, ******** knockback and just like you said, is easily setup by his tilts, smashes, and edgeguards.

Life

Smash Hero
/HOPE3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306393
July 2
Out of 34
17th - Incom :sonic:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. You can probably guess how this worked out. Beat a couple newbies, lost to a Snake and a Falco (I can go into greater detail if you like, I got some replays but if SN2 is any indicator I'll have trouble getting them uploaded). On the bright side, nearly every loss I took was one-stock, 'cept the Peaches I had in seeding pools/friendlies earlier. And as it turns out -- plot twist! -- my older bro's roommate is apparently a retired national-level Melee player... IDK who tho. Hrm.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
/HOPE3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306393
July 2
Out of 34
17th - Incom :sonic:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. You can probably guess how this worked out. Beat a couple newbies, lost to a Snake and a Falco (I can go into greater detail if you like, I got some replays but if SN2 is any indicator I'll have trouble getting them uploaded). On the bright side, nearly every loss I took was one-stock, 'cept the Peaches I had in seeding pools/friendlies earlier. And as it turns out -- plot twist! -- my older bro's roommate is apparently a retired national-level Melee player... IDK who tho. Hrm.
WTP isn't a noob or anything so don't feel bad losing to him. I'm also assuming you played King Beef in pools. That guy has tons of Sonic matchup experience and isn't afraid to go to time... every time... SSR has a pretty good peach as well, he adapts quickly.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
WTP isn't a noob or anything so don't feel bad losing to him. I'm also assuming you played King Beef in pools. That guy has tons of Sonic matchup experience and isn't afraid to go to time... every time... SSR has a pretty good peach as well, he adapts quickly.
^This. What's The Point is pretty good. He's just real low-key. Renan also has Sonic experience being from MD/VA.

Life

Smash Hero
My pool was (inb4 namesearches)
Tiger (LEGIT Marth/MK)
KB
Vanz
Ninja (newbie ZSS/Sheik I later beat in bracket)
Hari (newbie Pit)
and me.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Neo VegasSmash Brawl Monthlies #5
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12289
July 9th, 2011
Out of 8

1st - Kinzer :sonic:
5th - Tails :sonic:

Yeah, this month's turnout was pretty low because most of our top players went to Southern California for another tournament. Not going to explain what happen. I'll post a video of me and Ven later since Kinzer requested me to upload the one match to see what happened.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
hu u beet

10byes

:troll:
pretty much just randoms, and I goofed up when it came to playing against derkapalooza in losers bracket, I took him to game 3, last stock 125%, on brinstar. I made 3 big mistakes really, 1st, I banned the wrong stage, I should've banned brinstar, as it's probably GWs best stage to play us on, being that he beats us in the air, and he's easily capable of removing our ground gimicks on brinstar. 2nd I SD'd 2nd stock off. 3rd. I fair belly flopped when I meant to fastfall into an fsmash(which ended up getting me hit by GWs Fsmash for game).

edit: oh and in winners I played Trela's Lucario and got *****.

Top Bottom