• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Lucario like a really bad matchup for PT in general? I think I heard it gets harder the longer the match is since your poke loses stamina while Lucario just gets stronger the more damage you tack on. idk though, but I've heard that matchup was hard before

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats why I should have gone Smashville if I was gonna try it. Constantly switching to keep Charizard and Squirtle fresh would make it less hard to kill, but it doesn't matter at this point. I got trashed REALLY bad once Squirtle died.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Well it kinda matters, you probably learned some stuff about that mu and not to take him to brinstar if you meet in bracket again. either way nice job getting top 10, plus houston is one of the harder regions. I mean look who you lost to, so good job dude

Tesh

Smash Hero
More like top 12.

I could have lost to people much much worse (though my wins were all quite comfortable I'd say) than the best. This will probably be my last tournament for a while though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Err 13th out of 30 or so at Mikehaze's E4J:Koga
Lost to mikehaze (game 3 though :3)
Lost to DSF (last game last hit)

Beat Falln (9th ranked in SoCal, clean 2-0)
Ah, that's great. What'd you do with Falln, did he actually use Kirby on you? I still can't let go of the fact I messed up an easy input FTL.

Keep workin' on everything else though.

Well, time to get outta my shell and start placing at OoS again:)

:phone:
I very much like being a hermit now. It's quiet.

There's a new guest star @ every tourney. Last time it was Fat *******, this time? Batman. Who knows who'll be next!
The gingerbread man.

We'd consider it, but your only "notable" win is tommy. And you lost to brick twice. How do you even lose to brick once?
This is what I was talking about with him saying how the old Sonic community was better. I'm not gonna rat you out specifically, but GD. He's just recently posting, give this guy a few tournaments before you bag on him. Prior to this, I would've considered him inactive, and if that's the case that would explain why he may not do as good as you would expect. :/

LOL.

And sorry, Phoenix, I don't believe in Character johns.
I cosign to this.

Unless you used someone else, why in the Hell would you CP Lucario to Brinstar? You barely have enough running room as is, I'm willing to bet he stole some of his from people in Africa, and the MU needs no explanation as to why it was already a pain in the ***. Did you just want to give him a free win?

IDC what anybody says. None of you are playing it right, and if I weren't so concerned about spending my parents' money/losing motivation to play this game, I would personally hunt down every notable Lucario player from regions which they hail from and take them out.

But on another note, at least you saw this, so IDK why I'm bothering with this.

:093:

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Neo VegasSmash Brawl Monthlies #4
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12066
June 25th, 2011
Out of 21
3rd - Kinzer (:sonic:/:lucario:)
9th - Tails (:sonic:)

Yeah, Kinzer got 3rd place this tournament. Kinzer did beat Z just before winner finals, but lost to him in loser finals. Hopefully he'll tell his story.

As for me, I finally broke my 4 month losing streak on a random ZSS player. I lost to Kinzer in my second match. At first he went Lucario on me, but the match was pretty close, he went back to Sonic on me again thus why Lucario is next to Kinzer. Then I lost to Kokaloo. I screwed up on the first match against him, but in the 2nd match, I got pretty close. He did tell me I started to scare him, but I think I started to scare myself. I sort of know what I need to work on. Hopefully I can make some progress.

Note: The results won't be posted on AiB for a few days since I need to fix the names for teams. Somebody decided to change everyone team name to have some type of inappropriate name which I will not say.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Basically the derogative form of "*****s, sand-*****s (WTH is this?), random *****s (I don't remember who this was), young *****s (Ven and his partner), and anti-*****s (this was you and Justin.)

I am going to ask him why he didn't just use that instead, the "er" suffix is kind of dead. Either way, he's crazy. You may think I am too for saying it outright, but pop culture has told me that "*****" is referring to people who are close with one another, and acknowledge that "******" was a sort of term used to look down on someone which has thankfully died off for the most part.

Also, what story? There is nothing for me to say other than he tripped... As much I would have even. This game is @#$%, and I would not accept that as a win, but so be it.

Goggles, if you're reading this, I used that $6 to pay for a burger at a Jack-In-the-Box. Everything is better with no mayonnaise.

I still think the idea of making money off this game is stupid, and I can sleep easy tonight knowing that I will continue to play this awful game not to make a career out of it; but rather to improve. I know what I need to fix, I am just at a loss of how I will go about doing it, but I have two weeks; if nothing else, to figure out.

And no better way to do that than translating it to Hisoutensoku, which has Reisen who I love oh so dearly, or IaMP, which is kind of like the equivalent of Melee. Overall solid gameplay, just missing my undisputed #1 favorite character; and I wouldn't mind if it were adopted more. Even better is that WoW has these new rotations I need to work on which requires quick-fingers. Techskill here I come!

Edit: Oh WTH, are you telling me "n.igga" is censored on SWF? Blargh, how awful, and even knowing that it was kind of old Sonic boards tradition to address everyone as that, I find this disappointing. I would also find it incredibly ******** if I found another private message from a moderator in my inbox sometime after this, but thankfully I don't visit or care for this site as much as I used to. I figure as long as I don't do the last thing I did again, I can't really get perma-banned. Which even though I may not care as much, I can't have that happen; not until my work is finished (which at this rate won't be complete anytime soon.)

:093:

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Got 2nd at a ToD today, only 8 people iirc. Close matches between me and SK, went to 2nd set last match in GF. I beat him in Winners 3-0 (pika, tink, ness), and in GF it was 1-3 first set and 2-3 last set (all MK). Got taken to Frigate and SDed on my first stock, so I had to bring it back. I was almost successful in coming back, but I ended up losing from the stage flipping after a u-air ;~;. I'll edit this post when the result thread is put up. I feel like I would have won with little trouble if I actually practiced in the interval between last ToD and this one, but I can only blame myself for that one, no johns. I did beat him in a MM afterwards though, so I'm happeh. =D

Tesh

Smash Hero
__X__ WE SUPPORT YOU NO MATTER WHAT

invisicaps

Also Meekspeedy, take it easy on him, his ego bruises easily.

Top Bottom