• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
*Facepalm.*

Dammit!

That was suppose to be Japes, not Picto.

That's what I get for posting in the morning, being tired and multi-tasking and whatnot.

I see Japes as a perfectly legal stage. Perhaps somebody else can convince me otherwise.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Stage layout is just super gay. You realize MK can pretty much camp the side platforms with no hope of really being caught unless you have a really reliable way of beating tornado. Since u can just tornado across the platforms and it requires you to have a good airspeed, ground speed AND a good way to scare MK off the platform in the first place. Which no one really has.

Thats imo though. I think the stage can really make almost everyone unviable against MK and others. I do like it on wifi ladder though.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I wish that Pokemon City level from SSB64 was in Brawl. That stage was so great, and would've been nuts for tech'ing and wall-jumping/wall-clinging and such.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Didn't Saffron City have special rules regarding its legality if one of the players in the set was a Ness player? lol

I wouldn't protest at all if Yoshi's Island Pipes was legal. "Some" room to run around, block platforms to wall jump, ASC on, and simply have a platform game, DDD's supposed walkoff CG was iirc proven to be false, at least for Sonic, and killing is a snap. Dunno who to CP the stage for though, definitely not Olimar lmao.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
*Facepalm.*

Dammit!

That was suppose to be Japes, not Picto.

That's what I get for posting in the morning, being tired and multi-tasking and whatnot.

I see Japes as a perfectly legal stage. Perhaps somebody else can convince me otherwise.

:093:
Pick Wario.

Jab your opponent once.

Run away for about 8 mins.

Pick MK.

dtilt your opponent once.

Plank for about 8 mins.

......i think you can see where this is going.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. wario cant run away from sonic for that long.
2. wario would have to get the lead first
3. mk is broken, he doesnt follow the rules anyway.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
1. wario cant run away from sonic for that long.
2. wario would have to get the lead first
3. mk is broken, he doesnt follow the rules anyway.
This time it isn't about Sonic, it's about the entire CSS, and for that I'm not sure if Japes proves to be too centralizing yet. I haven't enough from either side, so it's up for grabs.

That's true too.

Very much so indeed.

on Japes he can with the bike and stuff. Sonic is slow in the air.
If you mean slow to turn on a dime, then I can agree with you, but if you mean top air speed, Sonic's the 6th fastest thing alive.

Also Tesh, if it says anything, Japes is much better than Corneria in the regard you don't have Arwings to give you random elements to worry about, not to mention there isn't no wall which just screams D3/tech/camp-fest.

I'm not sure about that left platform though. Apparently people have trouble. *shrug.*

Life

Smash Hero
Left platform camping is high-risk, high-rewards, kind of like a walkoff but less extreme at least IMO.

Right platform camping is comparatively low risk (until you're at percent to get nailed off the side) but also less rewarding since one spike =/= stock.

IMO it's fine. Brawl is about camping anyway, and it's not unstoppable.

And remember, MK is not a reason to ban a stage, as he's (theoretically) unbeatable everywhere.

Also, spinshot under the side platforms is sooooooo hilarious. Just watch out for that croc...

Japes is generally a CP for Falco, Snake, Lucas, and DK AFAIK. Oli's pretty decent there too IMO but I'm not so sure that Oli doesn't have better stages.

LTM

Smash Rookie
wario can air camp soo good but im glad weve got sonics speed to punish when he lands :D

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Left platform camping is high-risk, high-rewards, kind of like a walkoff but less extreme at least IMO.

Right platform camping is comparatively low risk (until you're at percent to get nailed off the side) but also less rewarding since one spike =/= stock.

IMO it's fine. Brawl is about camping anyway, and it's not unstoppable.

And remember, MK is not a reason to ban a stage, as he's (theoretically) unbeatable everywhere.

Also, spinshot under the side platforms is sooooooo hilarious. Just watch out for that croc...

Japes is generally a CP for Falco, Snake, Lucas, and DK AFAIK. H!lt pretty decent there too IMO but I'm not so sure that Oli doesn't have better stages.
Also, Peach, GW and ****ING LUCARIO

Tesh

Smash Hero
Kinzer, my prayers have been answered. Japes is now legal at HOBO 31.

Ban Pictochat?

MK on japes!!

Ban Japes?

SONIC ON PICTOCHAT!!

I'm totally gonna win Game 2.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I need to train on Jungle Japes to fully utilize it. I beat somebody's Link with Zelda on that as they CP'd it during WHOBO 3's Low Tier.

Oh, and for Sonic I should train, of course. Of course. I'll post up my result from WHOBO 3 right away.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Japes was legal at WHOBO 3? I don't remember it ever being legal at HOBOs except for the MLG ruleset ones. I guess I just didn't care until recently.....

I'm quitting sonic for metaknight.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It wasn't, I don't think. I wasn't aware though and the TOSM player (Ike player) CP'd it against me. With Japes being legally used here where I'm from, I didn't think twice about it. I still took a convincing victory though when I weak spiked his Link with my DAir into a Klap Trap.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Baltimore Brawl 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12426155
March 26, 2011
Out of 37
13th, Da1AndOnlySonic, :sonic:
(7th out of 21 mid-tier tourney :sonic:)

I didn't do too badly I guess. Almost beat Junebug, after winning match 1, I had a ~100% lead on him (with me at around 30%) second stock each second game on Frigate only to have what I consider the worse SD of my brawl career thus far. Everything just went downhill after that, getting 3 stocked the third match. :(

I also need to work on the fox match-up, Nakat has lead me in the right direction to get the info I need for that though. :)

Other than that, the positives would be beating Will in bracket and coming back from a 122%-0% last stock deficit to win match 3 against SSR. Had a lot of fun, learned some new things, and hoping to continue attending more MD/VA tourneys to get exposure to a wider variety of players.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Baltimore Brawl 2
March 26, 2011
Out of 37

33rd, XLR8 :sonic:

Sigh, did very bad yesterday. lost to mekos, he was very campy, could get anywhere near him plus i pretty much let myself get with sides b's like the free sonic i am. then i had to play speed in bracket.....it was sonic dittos.....ggafgdfdaggjhgshgshhfadgAFK. i might drop sonic for ike but idk.

all in all im just a wifi scrub

Tesh

Smash Hero
Baltimore Brawl 2
March 26, 2011
Out of 37

Sigh, did very bad yesterday. lost to mekos, he was very campy, could get anywhere near him plus i pretty much let myself get with sides b's like the free sonic i am. then i had to play speed in bracket.....it was sonic dittos.....ggafgdfdaggjhgshgshhfadgAFK. i might drop sonic for ike but idk.

Dropping sonic for Ike?

Can't get your ideal bracket every time man. You just have to improve until you are ready to compete with every player in the room.

BSP

Smash Legend
Baltimore Brawl 2
March 26, 2011
Out of 37

Don't beat yourself up about it, both of those guys are good players. Figure out what you were doing wrong, and use that knowledge to help your performance next time. And you had D1AOS there right? Play him and get some tips.

I was a wifi scrub too. I kinda still am, but I'm improving. Don't let one loss get you down.

Tesh

Smash Hero
But has Meek ever beaten anyone thats beaten anyone thats beaten M2K?

Cuz I have.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
sigh sry, im feeling better now. its just sad that most to tournies ive been to ive gotten dead last.....it sux. and tesh i was just being stupid :/

edit: good **** meek

Tesh

Smash Hero
yea I got last at I think half the tournaments I went to. Just gotta practice and be ready for whatever the bracket gods throw at you.

also you should pick up metaknight, like me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Brawl & Melee: OKGamers.com 5th Anniv. Tournament - Mar 26th, 2011 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300553
3/26/11
Out of 22

3rd, Joshua, all :sonic:

YAY 50 CENT PROFIT.

Bassem and Chuck manhandled me, Pictochat hated Deezy, I realized halfway through the 2nd section of Castle Siege while playing 999% that I WAS FIGHTING A DDD ON THE SECOND STAGE OF CASTLE SIEGE, Hawk surprised me by having a Falco that knows what he was doing, none of the Wiis used accepted my SD Card, all in all good fun.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
*KID 13th*
gj
Baltimore Brawl 2
March 26, 2011
Out of 37
13th, Da1AndOnlySonic, :sonic:

I didn't do too badly I guess. Almost beat Junebug, after winning match 1, I had a ~100% lead on him (with me at around 30%) second stock each second game on Frigate only to have what I consider the worse SD of my brawl career thus far. Everything just went downhill after that, getting 3 stocked the third match. :(
Baltimore Brawl 2
March 26, 2011
Out of 37

Aperture's Test Chamber 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300352
March/26/2011
out of 17

13th Excel (Sonic)
inb4KIDGoggles
do you really want to still play this game incom. its pretty obvious whos winning right now.

also, summon espy.

I use d1aos as more proof that lucario is not worse that mk and ICs.

Top Bottom