• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Came back from a 40-ish tournament yesterday. Pretty damn stacked, and I had one HELL of an after tournament adventure around San Antonio.

In any case, got 4th, losing to Gnes in WB, and Trela in LB.

Also, the twitter is silly about me getting destroyed against Gnes. I got him down to last stock mid percentage. I had an easier time against him than against Trela.

Vs. Trela was pretty nasty. He lived to 180% at least once in both games, and played it super safe with his aerial options. So yeah.

Also, you guys who attended Pound V weren't man enough to play Trela? I thought you wanted to prove that Sonic vs. Lucario wasn't a hard counter?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Came back from a 40-ish tournament yesterday. Pretty damn stacked, and I had one HELL of an after tournament adventure around San Antonio.

In any case, got 4th, losing to Gnes in WB, and Trela in LB.

Also, the twitter is silly about me getting destroyed against Gnes. I got him down to last stock mid percentage. I had an easier time against him than against Trela.

Vs. Trela was pretty nasty. He lived to 180% at least once in both games, and played it super safe with his aerial options. So yeah.

Also, you guys who attended Pound V weren't man enough to play Trela? I thought you wanted to prove that Sonic vs. Lucario wasn't a hard counter?
I thought for sure Da KRUD google would want to prove how much better he is than Espy. Have you guys SEEN Trela'a pivot garbz?

I personally won't be convinced about the matchup until I see Espy lose to another top Lucario. I think Trela is just amazing is all.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
You know my situation. But I did play Trela before and it was utter destruction. I have no qualms against Lucario being a counter, its just plain crazy.

congrats on the placings everyone. Storm, keep practicing and just having fun, it'll come in due time.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd like to play Trela, if only to see if I can pull the same Uair -> DJ Uair -> Spring Uair kill at 90% string on him that I did against him 100 years ago on wifi.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you of all people know how small and mousey that kid is, I didnt even know he was there until I was commentating his match against vex, which was either day 2 or day 3. and I didnt even see him after that.

and it didnt even occur to me to try and actually play him until i was on the road driving home.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Maybe because he was with a different crowd? Because he's pretty noticeable down here.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
put trela in a room with me, neil, kingtoon, nicole, lie, san and trela. and hes definitely going to be the least noticed person in that group

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So you didn't even ask?

I mean, I remember back in the day, when I wanted to play people like Mr. 3000 and Dojo, I'd ask people, "Who is 3000?" or "Is that Dojo?"

Meh, not like it really matters. But still, asking questions is a great place to start.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well its like i said, I know what he looks like, but i didnt think to try and play him, because one i didnt notice he was there till more than halfway thru the event and even then, he wasnt specifically on my list of people to play so i didnt think to search him out.

but next time I will

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The score is 2-1 your favor right now Goggles. If we're going to keep a head-count, I'll personally see to it that I prove InCom's side right. :)

On a more important note, Jerry whenever you see this post, please talk to me over AIM. This has more to do with what's going to happen with the tourney as opposed to Saturday but I still want to talk about that too. I was out today with my cousins, playing Mahvel and Magic.

All I'm going to say now is that the latter is your own fault and I'm not going to bother trying to get you to play Billy Mays FFAs when only a fool would pass up on that fun shizz. Also tech more boats.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Time for some good ol KID logic.

Highest placing Sonic (besides Espy) at WHOBO 3 gets to be top 3 Sonic. No one under that Sonic matters.

Tesh

Smash Hero

OK, but i can't do all the work for you.

Does WHOBO count as a local? Cuz I can't break 13th there methinks.

BSP

Smash Legend
February Fight Fest
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298528
2/27/11
Out of 21
BSP- 4th, Sonic (and some money :D)

Well, I'm getting better. I felt really good after this one because the previous day, there was a tournament and I went MK a lot, but I went all Sonic that day.

I might need a second though because wario and Tink are pretty annoying for me. I've taken a set off Hyro with Mario, and almost beat Jnig with Luigi, but I haven't gotten close with Sonic :(

I'm still free for Lee, but I'm improving and that's all that matters to me.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Any Sonic mains going to CoT5? I plan on being there.

Also Genesis 2. By then I will be an even better Sonic, going to start going to some NoVA, MD and maybe NC tourneys. :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
/hope isnt a local. at least i dont think so. and despite the fact that i actually like you, i have to say that im pretty sure sonic is going to get embarrassed at that tourney.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, there a tourneyup here in new york, this weekend.

I wasnt planning to go, but apparently all of PA, including chibo and KT are going, so i guess ima have to make some arrangements...

Life

Smash Hero
/hope isnt a local. at least i dont think so. and despite the fact that i actually like you, i have to say that im pretty sure sonic is going to get embarrassed at that tourney.
O___________________________________o

(lol j/k... or no. Or yes?... hrm. I'll just leave it ambiguous, I guess.)

I'll dig up /HOPE 2 results...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293968

Attendance for both games in the 20s. By anyone else's standards, a local. But this is Western Freesylvania, for us this might as well be MLG, lol.

As for Sonics, PD is probably going and is apparently good at this game (by wPA standards, ha) soooooooo we're set? LOL.

And I'm going to do a LOT better at this one.

If D1AOS can break out and raze Tower of Doom several times over...

if Espy and X can make Top 15...

if THREE of you can do poorly at P5 and yet bounce back like nothing (well, two out of three ain't bad--*brofists Speed for being willing to come back*)

...so can I.

If people can pick up characters like Yoshi (likely leaving LT next list; Polt), Lucas (PF, Ravenlord [the guy in Germany BPC infamously lost to]), Ike (recently removed from LT; San, Doom), Olimar (holds the record for highest tier list jump in Brawl since v1; Brood, RB), ZSS (was once considered unviable IIRC; NR), and possibly others I'm not thinking of, and succeed beyond anything anyone expected...

If a random can take Jigglypuff and twostock M2K _in bracket_...

IF SONIC CAN GO FROM LOW TIER TO HIGH TIER in the span of 3-4 years (trust me, this one is coming down the pike--look at the Top 15 and tell me Sonic is not high tier within the next two lists)...

...then I can beat a couple dozen people in a relatively backwater region at Super Smash Bros. Bawrl.

It might not be /HOPE 3. It might not be /HOPE at all (life is funny). But one of these days, I'm going to start winning at Smash. *starts humming Open Your Heart*

In the meantime, I need a source of offline practice... :/
Wifi anybody? (lol, not in this thread, I know :troll:)
And yeah, KID probably posted that to get exactly this reaction. LOL
------------------------------------------
Cloud, you did see the quote in my sig right? I'm trying to prove him wrong.
KID, since you probably didn't read those posts, Wedge is trying to get a MM out of you, LOL
Wedge... I'm actually with KID on this. Srsly, you're worse about it than him, LOL

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
rofl wedge wants to money match me? at what tournament?

whatever bro, your funeral

oh wow, i didnt know m@v tourneys were that small. i guess youre right then.

Life

Smash Hero

oh wow, i didnt know m@v tourneys were that small. i guess youre right then.
They probably used to be bigger--M@V goes to PSU Main so he can only host here twice a year now (Christmas and summer breaks) and the college students over here from out of state leave for home on the same dates sooooo yeah.

And people did come from out of state (TechChase was my R1 opponent and he's from MI; M2K almost made it but canceled for w/e reason; Ohio border is only an hour or two away depending from where you measure)--just not a lot of people came overall. Kinda blurs the line, I guess.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
.... why are we keeping track of how many times KID is right or wrong about placings again?

Honestly. Who the heck cares. O.o
I care damn you, I love proving people (even if it means our own) wrong about Sonic. ;_;

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
But in a greater sense ( :abelincoln: ), this IS about Sonic.

If all Sonic players step it up and outdo KID's prediction, then what does it appear to say about Sonic as a character? People see Sonic placing in money and more people start maining him. Sonic's metagame progresses faster. Everybody who plays Sonic benefits. Tirez-don-exits cycle ensues. Suddenly, Sonic is B tier and everybody wonders what the heck happened to a CLEARLY low tier character. </sarcasm> should be unnecessary here, but eh

Okay, that's a decently big exaggeration, but the more reasons we have to step up and get the winning steak we've been talking about (and other than our top handful--lessthanthree you guys--it's been mostly just that), the better off Sonic as a whole is.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Don't try to step it up for KID. Step it up for yourself InCom. KID is a flaming poopbag and when you do well he is going to try to take credit for it because being an ******* "motivated" you to be better. Do what you will with the inspiration, but make sure you are having a good time and not trying to meet some guideline KID set out for you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just like to point out that theres a BIG different (~3 tournament match victories) between placing higher than 13th, and placing in the money.

Life

Smash Hero
KID: You can't place 13th.
Incom: KID u wrong.
Incom: Place in the money, it's good for Sonic.
Tesh+others: y u playin 4 KID googles lol

Error: problem exists between keyboard and chair

:D

Anyway, KID ain't the one pushing the buttons for other people.

Top Bottom