• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Just got home from hosting my first Brawl tournament today. Kinzer did really well in the tournament today. As for me, I did horrible, but I think I tired myself out by running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get stuff set up and organized. I'll be posted the results onto AiB sometime tomorrow and post the results here within the next few days assuming Kinzer doesn't post it before I do.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well? Ugh, I hate Starfox, there's really no way I'll ever get over those bunch of fur***s. :X

But regardless, yeah, me and Jerry had a sneak preview of the results. I got 7th out of 26th, having lost to Kyle (SK92) and Lycan; who plays Wolf. Except he's probably a better player than me anyway, but gagh doesn't help there ain't no Wolves anywhere.

Though not bad for having come out of retirement. Hopefully we can have somewhere around this level of entrants, maybe 15 at the least. I don't want to go involuntarily inactive again.

Also Pi-YOSHI is funny. You'll see what I mean when I upload the matches.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Came back from a small tournament in town. 28 people, but it was stacked (Jerm, Razer, Trela, Infinity, Denti, etc.)

Ended up getting third. Had to fight Trela, and I beat him once with Sonic in Winner's Semis, only to get 2-stocked the next game. Went Wolf, but SD'd, so yeah.

Then I went Wolf vs. him in Loser's Finals. Took him to last game, last stock. Closer than I've ever gotten with Sonic vs. Trela, ever.

So yup. I'm going Wolf against Trela from now on. **** that noise.

Other than that, I went Sonic for the majority of the tournament. Tried Wolf against Trela and Razer in doubles. Did about the same as I did with Sonic, more or less. Also got 2nd in Low Tier with Ganondorf, Zelda, Lucas, Samus, and Yoshi, respectively, so that was kinda cool too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh you're one to ****ing talk.

I'm contemplating the use of Snake myself maybe, down the line.

[EDIT]

Wait, what?! No way... Dangit. Trent better be kidding, you be trolling, or something... Well, a game is a game in the end so I do wish him the best in whatever he does.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont play falco because theres somebody I cant beat with him. I go falco because playing one character for the entirety of a tournament gets boring. especially when you have to be constantly on your best thought level just to beat randoms.

falco is fun. plus he gives me free wins in the first round or two of a tourney so I can focus on playing my sonic to the full against the good people.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, Sonic's pretty tiring with most of his matches lasting about 7 minutes at the least. And we're the ones who have to pay attention the entire so we don't get behind.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Remember, Speed/Sonics. I'm only going Wolf against Trela's Lucario.
That's it. So it's not like I'm gonna start picking up Wolf in general.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic doesn't stand a chance against a Lucario that knows the matchup. Hard counter. We are crippled like Wolf, Fox and Luigi. Its over guys.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You supporting your claims with Touhou only weakens your message. Real talk.

I DID beat him in Game 1 with Sonic. He just happened to wreck the piss out of me right afterward. He wasn't playing at his best in that first game, I could tell.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You supporting your claims with Touhou only weakens your message. Real talk.

I DID beat him in Game 1 with Sonic. He just happened to wreck the piss out of me right afterward. He wasn't playing at his best in that first game, I could tell.
Fair enough. I would've found another image macro but this one was just conveniently here. I've picked up that habit. As long as it's understood that work has to be put in if results want to be generated.

Aaaaaaaand I wasn't addressing that directly at you. :/

Though now that you're here, what if I told you I plan on visiting Texas again? It looks like I've no choice but to travel OoS for any real Lucario experience. This troll of a friend ain't no help, deliberately sandbagging me with Meta Knight and johning me out the wazoo. Tell me what are the plans for Summer, I'll MM Trela for $20. Tell him "it's free cash."

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For summer? I have no clue what's going to happen down here aside from WHOBO3 in March during the Spring Break. I know for sure Trela's going to be going to that. Also, he att4ends pretty much every HOBO there is, and those happen pretty much on a monthly basis, so if you were to make it to a HOBO, I assure you that he'd be there.

And I'm pretty sure he'd be down for a Money Match with any Sonic.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
i wish i could place higher in more in-state tournies lol

Life

Smash Hero
Trent's quitting guys. He's says he sucks and that he hasn't improved in over 8 months. He wont be visiting the boards anymore.
I've scarcely improved in the two and a half years since Brawl has come out (most of what has improved is learning new ATs and stuff). /hoping to change that soon. *rimshot*

Anyway, hey Trent (because you'll feel guilty and come back someday and see this :093:), if you ever make it big with that acting thing, you better let us know, k?
or just pass it on to speed like you did this time

Anyway, D1AOS, got vids?

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
There are two players i know that are mazin with sonic. :O

Trashtalk raaaapes. During my set with kingtoon(i lost dur), i was apparently just a sonic. i played like one too...god thats a terrible feeling. I really need to get over tl and mk. :/

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
speakin of tl, i timed out this really good tl at college today(its not lobos but hes good) but he was like " nah son this aint tourney" and won the sudden death:/

Browny

Smash Hater
No one's going to acknowledge Sonic as good anytime soon, despite the ownage that he's doing.

Just keep ****** them though, and it'll come...eventually
At the end of the day, X is making dat money like m2k and the people who dont acknowledge sonic is good continue to live in their dream world where being known on an internet forum is the most important thing in life and continue to fill the pot.

so w/el lol.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while since I posted any tournament results and I was hoping for Kinzer to post them, but I guess I'll do it...

Neo VegasSmash Experimental Tournament
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11077
November 27th, 2010
Out of 26
7th - Kinzer :sonic:
19th - Tails :sonic:

Yeah, I did horrible and didn't make it out of my pool. I was more concern about hosting my first tournament would be over how well I will do being inactive at a tournament since SIN 2. I'm not sure but this is a bad john, I probably just tired myself out because I was running around all over the venue trying to get stuff set up. Hopefully next tournament I host I'll do better and at least I know where to set stuff up so I won't tired myself out again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
kingtoon is really hard to fight, I know how you feel speed. if you can get inside of him with some pressure, he just falls apart, but his walls are so good its almost impossible to get there.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sorry Jer, I was eventually going to post it; just not last night. I had to finish up the third lesson in my fifth chapter of Pre-calculus. No time for bragging rights (if you call 7th out of 26 any bit impressive.

Also, like I keep telling you, you let me worry about doing a majority of hosting the next tournament. It's my turn to sacrifice for you just as you did for me this time around, seeing as how I felt too scared to do it majorly this time around. I want you to save your replays though.

Also, if nobody else posts before I get home and finish up the 4th lesson this week I'll just edit this post about what went down.

Stuffz.

Placeholder.

Oh God, my elective class is starting. All the idiots I call my classmates are going to ruin it~! D:

:093:

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Jer, I was eventually going to post it; just not last night. I had to finish up the third lesson in my fifth chapter of Pre-calculus. No time for bragging rights (if you call 7th out of 26 any bit impressive.

Also, like I keep telling you, you let me worry about doing a majority of hosting the next tournament. It's my turn to sacrifice for you just as you did for me this time around, seeing as how I felt too scared to do it majorly this time around. I want you to save your replays though.
No problem Kinzer. School comes first. Assuming you make it to the pro-bracket next tournament assuming I do pools again and I don't or you get further than me in the bracket (which is more likely), I'll take care of the hosting since I should be the one responsible to take care of it.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
kingtoon is really hard to fight, I know how you feel speed. if you can get inside of him with some pressure, he just falls apart, but his walls are so good its almost impossible to get there.
You too? I thought it was just me...:(
its so annoying to fight him...our matches were long but game 3 i just didnt camp as hard. I got scared because i didn't think i'd be able to hold the lead really.

Im gonna watch some sonic vs tl vids. This MU has just been killin me. Excel what do we do about tutu? :(

*Fun fact about that, shado beat tutu and shado someone alts sheik.*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic vs shiek is mad fun.

sonic has a moderate adv on her imo.

its a lot like fighting lucario, except shes always bad at killing and racking damage doesnt make her more able to kill us.

so basicaly just keep throwing her offstage and pressuring her recovery.

Top Bottom