• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
I think sonic vs Tink is gay for both of us. we cant catch u to even kill u so it doesnt matter. You cant kill but yo can catch us lol.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Excel what do we do about tutu? :(

*Fun fact about that, shado beat tutu and shado someone alts sheik.*
I dunno. I don't know **** about Sheik. We played friendlies and I lost everyone of them but he didn't outright massacre me with the exception of like 2 or 3 matches.

@KID: I'm sure Too-Too would argue that. Then again, I don't know when he's trollin and when he isn't.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
why not ask people who are good against TL, like Espy, or Meekspeedy (haven't seen him in a while though[/S]
Meek is always around. You just have to look in the right spots lol. But hes more of a wifi sonic his experience prolli would only help you more in theory.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Uhhh I saw your videos of zephil that you posted last time. If he's improved by 800000 fold, then maybe by now he's good lol. But IDK if that's happened xD

Links24 I've never seen. I hear he's decent though.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
You too? I thought it was just me...:(
its so annoying to fight him...our matches were long but game 3 i just didnt camp as hard. I got scared because i didn't think i'd be able to hold the lead really.

Im gonna watch some sonic vs tl vids. This MU has just been killin me. Excel what do we do about tutu? :(

*Fun fact about that, shado beat tutu and shado someone alts sheik.*
Talkin about Sheik.

sonic vs shiek is mad fun.

sonic has a moderate adv on her imo.
Talkin about Sheik...

lol why would you ask excel, when he's the one who has TROUBLE with TL?

why not ask people who are good against TL, like Espy, or Meekspeedy (haven't seen him in a while though)

or me
I already talked to espy and i always talk to meek. Still having problems.

Meek is always around. You just have to look in the right spots lol. But hes more of a wifi sonic his experience prolli would only help you more in theory.
He's good...he told me stuff but im still having problems.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Uhm, Speed.

Just an honest question, but do you by any chance handle the TL mu improperly because you're applying the wrong advice/criticism?

AFAIK, everybody tells you to play faster, or complains that playing you is a choir/yada yada yada.

Perhaps you should slow down and watch what you're doing? Against TLink at least anyway.

I can't exactly tell what's your beef with TL without any videos, but I want to see if the problems lies in too much aggressive play.

:093:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I get scared. I cant really camp because his projectiles are so annoying. Sure, i can dodge some and im not a robot so i cant powershield everything. Bair is just so good, zair stops things that I do, and the reads are irritating.
Your problem is that you're trying to CAMP :toonlink:. You cannot camp him unless you have a stock lead. Also, you'll get ****ed up trying to worry about all of his projectiles. You should only focus on the 2nd arrow, the bombs and Zair. The boomerang is optional; it's initial purpose is to control space and it's secondary uses are a "Get out of jail free" card and for kill setups. Z catch bombs and use them to your advantage. Powershield whatever else you can. 2nd arrows, Zair and other aerials.

If you're ever on AiB and you see Links24, play him. He knows the Sonic MU pretty well from playing ITT. Seeing as he lives like 5-10 minutes from him, they play/played pretty often.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I played Quest offline in a friendly before and he has his projectile pressure preeeety good. I didn't know how to aproach cuz everytime I did I'd either get hit by a bomb, arrow, or an aerial. So yeah I thought it was good.

EDIT: results

Hall of Gaming #2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292849
December 4th, 2010
Out of 25

SoupaSonic :sonic: ; 17th

yeah I did bad but whatever lol. I lost my first set to JJ Wolf :wolf: . I had a bad feeling going in that I'd have to face a Wolf (cuz I saw some as soon as I walked in lol) and I was right. That match made me respect wolf a lot more, I see why Sonic has problems with him. I lost the first round on, I think smashville. he had around 50% 1 stock. Then he banned Yoshi's and I didn't know if picto or a good cp on wolf so I went Delfino (I just like that stage), but he two stocked me lol. I tried to shark and got d-aired lol. Then I had to face Verm :ganon: who DESTROYED me last time we played lol. He didn't strike Yoshi's so yeah I went Yoshi's and I sd'd when we were both on our second stock. Then he just did work from there and got me. Then I cp'd Delfino (like I said before, I like that stage lol. The iSDR spots catch people by surprise sometimes) and I sd'd again. So he won. yeah. :glare: He did say I improved though :awesome: so I'm proud lol, hopefully next time I'll get him

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I believe that against Toon Link, power shielding and passive-aggressive rushdown is the key.

Ask anyone in my region whose played me and they'll attest to the fact that my power shielding reflexes are very on point.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
From what I can tell, quest's tink is pretty good. Although I only played it on wifi.. as falcon.. and partially sandbagging.. xD
But nontheless I was impressed
I played Quest offline in a friendly before and he has his projectile pressure preeeety good. I didn't know how to aproach cuz everytime I did I'd either get hit by a bomb, arrow, or an aerial. So yeah I thought it was good.
Thanks guys.

Also KID, I'll hook you up with videos at some point in the near future. Haven't got any offline vids recorded yet.

Come on down, I'd love to get some more MK experience.
LMAAAAAOOOOOOO

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Awal - All :sonic: split 1st wit top 3 cuz I wanted 2 leave and head 2 my bday celebration
PHB Smashfest out of 8
Dec 4th, 2010

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Quest's tl very impressive, ive playd him on wifi(fall ladder). He knows how to pressure, cuz he timed out my sonic. But im not quite sure if he knows the ike mu or i got lucky cuz i beat it wit ike yesterday(it was not easy X_X)

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Actually no, it wasn't a timeout. It was almost a timeout but I killed you at the last second. ...or at least I know this happened to a sonic I played on AiB, not 100% sure if it was you lol.

But either way let's not judge based on wifi xD

I'll get you guys real offline vids soon, I promise.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
so many unknown sonic's in md/va.

Get out to a tourny
say whaaaat? I've always been known in MD/VA. ive just been taking a break from tourneys to deal with life. i never heard of you though, no offence. I seriously thought it was basically Speed, Shado and me for a while.

actually, all the sonic in the east coast should move to md/va. make everyone mad as we overrun them with sonics lol.

Top Bottom