• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats legit dude, make sure you come by and ask about anything you need help with. were always here to help other sonics get better.

infomon

Smash Scientist
wow what a crazy weekend for sonics

on that note, anyone have a link to the character rankings list thread? I can't seem to find it for some reason

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Yeah Enda = Rubberbandman.
He posted a vid of you vs some dk in a skype chat and asked me to critique it. he said he saved everything in a notepad document or something and would send it to you. Guess it never made it there :\
Looks pretty good though. Just a few minor things you might want to work on or add into your playstyle. But it'd be easier to talk about that on aim/skype/some kind of IM.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
I see. I watched those videos quite a bit myself and refined my style of play based off of them. That DK main was D0N, who I had to face twice in the bracket of that tournament I posted earlier. There's always room for improvement though, and I'd love to get some tips on how to take my playstyle to the next level. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Came back from a tiny $3 in-town tournament. Got 1st.

However, I only used Wolf the entire way up until Winner's and Grand Finals. Had to play K Prime in those sets, so...yeah.

:zangoose:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
espy, thats the only way to get your bair spacing and general wolf play up to snuff. fighting a character that can **** you with a grab like pikachu.

the matchup is honestly even.

I play spacies vs pikapika all the time and its really not that bad.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But Pika2 isn't on K Prime's level. Above that, it's silly to say what you said at all.

Don't get hit.
Now THAT'S how you get better.

:zangoose:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
k prime is booty.

neil isnt even good right now, and hes still better than prime

I just need to get on him to practice so that he stops dropping grabs and Qa locks.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Welp, going to great revival tomorrow. Sonic is in low tier doubles but speed doesn't have a ride anymore so it looks like I don't get to win free $ there. Teaming with chimpakt for regular doubles. Anyone got tips for sonic-diddy? I'm gonna assume it's not a common team lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
Lol a character that gets in the money at a national is still in low tier tournaments?

People aren't going to change lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
sonic is still allowed in low tier tourneys?

what tourneys are you guys going to?
Inui's tournaments.

Edit: The thread's been updated, so be sure to check that out.

I'm fried. 6 consecutive tournaments in a row.

...and I have one more next weekend. After that, I'm taking a full month break.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
At first there was only one Brawl TV there so there wouldn't have been time for pools or anything, so for that we agreed to no money. Then we got more TVs but it had already been decided that there'd be no money.

The TO was stressed and not thinking straight either, and on top of that, the free entry was incentive for Melee players to join, otherwise they wouldn't have. I joined in on Melee as well and scored 9th there.

If anything, this was a pride tournament like Japan tends to have. I was content either way. Some were disappointed because of the sudden chnage like SuPeRbOoM because of the false advertising as he travels a ways to get there. He forfeit because of it, Alphicans had to leave early and forfeit, and KillL0ck decided to forfeit to play Melee and test how the rest of the scene would do fighting for the top if the main top 3 weren't in. Very interesting results that go to show that everyone is close to evenly matched. I outplayed two higher PR ranked players and then rematched T-block in Loser Finals. Close Diddy vs. Sonic matches when he finally decided to ditch Pokémon Trainer.

The only person I missed was KillL0ck so I'm happy.

BSP

Smash Legend
Louisiana Smash: Play N Trade BlueBonnet - Baton Rouge, LA - 11/21/10
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11671317#post11671317
November 21
Out of 23
5th: BSP - Sonic, Mario, Luigi (used luigi for one match of a set, but that's it)

I need to stick with one character, but I did go Sonic a lot. I probably could've just stayed him the whole tournament, so I'll try to do that at the next one i go to. I'm steady getting 5ths, i need to work on going for top 3

Top Bottom