• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACL FINALS - Brisbane - Sept. 24th/25th- $500+ Brawl Pot

Confirm Attendance

• Total voters

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
He always had a grandpa. Do your research shaya.

Are we really just gonna run a big *** bracket for this, or do pools? If pools I wanna know who I'm up against lol.
:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Pools: If we have them on the day, it will simply be for seeding purposes and dependant on how many people outside of smashboards attend, it may end up as top 3 go through. (Somewhere around a 20ish man bracket if we end up with too many people).

As it stands, these are the people I know are attending, and as such I have created a draft pool. Learn them MU's!

Pool 1:
Jaice :peachbrawl: :olimarbrawl: :zeldabrawl:
Smoking Puppy :marthbrawl: :metaknightbrawl:
Blade :kirbybrawl:

Pool 2:
S.D :diddybrawl:
Aerodrome :zeldabrawl: :sheikbrawl:
Vyse :metaknightbrawl: :diddybrawl:

Pool 3:
Apollo :zssbrawl:
Cal :dkbrawl:
BC25 :lucariobrawl: ???

Pool 4:
Tedeth :wariocbrawl: :snakebrawl:
R4VEN :samusbrawl:
Zydro :ikebrawl:

Pool 5:
Scoot :falcobrawl:
Toki :randombrawl:
PikaNinja :pikachubrawl:

Pool 6:
Ad3pt :dededebrawl: :metaknightbrawl: :icsbrawl:
Liesha :robbrawl:
Popdart :gwbrawl:

Pool 7:
Jesmo :pitbrawl:
Arrow :metaknightbrawl: :snakebrawl:
Emery :lucariobrawl: (If he attends because he never lets anyone know until the day before)

Tried to split the out of state attendees the best I could so everyone is fighting someone different :)

Remastered

Smash Lord
I feel bad for Jaice being seeded 2nd with Blade in pool 1 too.

I doubt there will be enough people to have people knocked out Blade so don't worry to much. If we somehow have 30+ people attend then you may have to play to stay, or some might say 'spin to win'.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ok so some like pretty lame news

mangos passport has like taken too long and its looking next to impossible to get him here in time for ACL

yes we've tried speeding things up, but theres just nothing else we can do now bar wait and hope.

I'm not sure if ill go to ACL myself, but thats not due to mango, here's the alternate solutions I propose:

A: I go to ACL, and I sponsor one QLD melee player back that was not going to go to BAM originally (probably syke)

B: I don't go to ACL and instead i sponsor two qld players down (syke +1) to come to BAM

either solution has a QLD player being housed/staying with me for whenever they come down.

I'm pretty shafted aswell, I can't change my annual leave (its too close to the date) but yeah sucks to be qld I guess.

Mango will be coming to melb for more than a week though still, its looking like he will get here just before bam, then leave at least two weeks later.

opinions?

Also no, I'm not going to go into detail about what has made things fail. Just rest assured that nothing can make the passport come faster at this point.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I don't have to pay for mango to fly to qld then to melbourne now, only from sydney to melbourne.

saves me enough to pay for a qld player to melb since flights on the ACL weekend are pretty expensive for some reason.

Remastered

Smash Lord
That sucks. Passports are a pain in the rear. I'm going overseas in December and I have to start sorting it out now because of how difficult they can be to process.

Without Mango attending I will adjust the pools now for brawl.

Done: Bit of a shuffle around, because without Mango competing, it left a bit of a skill level hole in pool 6. Majority of people should be where they were, but check anyway :)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
alright guys, melee thoughts.

pools of 4 people - will be made up on the day when i see who actually turns up
seeding - if you come top 2 in your pool then you'll have a good seed, pretty easy.

payout: unless a lot of people complain i'll do it 60/30/10

Remastered

Smash Lord
@ Blade: Because you don't get to choose who you verse, and it is split by recognised skill. With Mango gone, it was either going to be me or Smoking Puppy that moved to pool 6.

If we got to choose, I'd put myself in a pool against you and Tiahn and laugh all the way to the bank but it isn't that simple sorry.

@ Toki: You need no explanation. you will beat Scoot and mum.

Remastered

Smash Lord
If Blade was a successful businessman, he might understand.

Jaice hasn't been playing brawl much Blade, so now is your chance to beat him. (We have both been busy teaming in LoL lately).

Tiahn will beat randoms who attend anyway. Pools probably won't be necessary given the attendance on the day. It just adds hype.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Last time I played him, he used MK. If you look next to the peoples name in the pools post back 2 pages, it show peoples mains (or atleast who I can remember people maining).

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
can i ask that you guys talk to the BAM TOs about the ruleset? I would like to see the same ruleset used at both tournaments (i.e. removal of brinstar, possible removal of frigate, fd as starter and lower LGLs).

Remastered

Smash Lord
There is currently a discussion regarding a ruleset for Australian tournaments. At the moment it is still in a working phase, and as such we won't be adopting it for Brawl at ACL.

Our current ruleset is conservative, and until a unanimous and well thought out set of rules is finalised, it will stay the way it is up here. If there is anything you would like to see added into the Australian ruleset, or if anyone has anything they would like to bring up regarding particular rules, please approach your state TO's, as they will most probably be happy to bring it up in the discussion for you, and outside opinions are always welcome.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
coolies.

although brinstar is NOT conservative. hell, it's banned pretty much everywhere now. in tournaments that allow mk, anyway.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Blade, Smoking puppy saved my life a year ago. Give him the win, just beat Jaice and you'll be fine.

People are trying to screw with your mind, everyone is actually afraid of you.
Remember the Cinderella theory I taught you awhile ago Blade. Or the Sakura theory.

Jaice is probably training with 3 lv5 Cpus in a 3v1 just to have a chance against you.

Be successful.
QLD got you, or better yet, you have QLD.

:phone:

Top Bottom