• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A secondary for mK

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, blizzard is a *****, But that's the only thing the IC's have on him. If MK learns to get around it, then it's easy.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
Everyone should pick up metaknight as their main, secondary, tertiary, quarternary, and whatever the **ll the next numbers are. The best person to supplement metaknight's weaknesses is metaknight. Then, CF, since he's the manliest.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
MK has no bad match ups and really no ideal weaknesses. He needs no secondary. Maybe the player needs one but MK doesn't.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Captain Falcon

/thread

Captain Falcon is everyone and their grandma's secondary (where I live, that's how it is lol Everyone plays Cptn Falcon)
^^^

Do this and you will eventually be the first manly MK.....until you use MK....

Nic64

Smash Lord
MK beats every other character on neutrals, the main reason to have a strong secondary IMO is if you hate certain stages such as japes *learning Falco lol*

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ROB. Maybe Olimar for vs Snake. MK doesn't really need a secondary, lol.

Nic64

Smash Lord
DDD is the best Snake counter but MK does really well against Snake anyway

ROB is a good one, simple easy to use character = great secondary that doesn't distract you much, and is another character that does well on certain stages where I'd be less inclined to use MK

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The ideal MK secondary would counter Falco, Diddy, Snake, and Ice Climbers in no particular order. No such character exist, so you are better just going Metaknight.

Conti

Smash Ace
Ok, its obvious that if you are an MK Main, you dont need a secondary, but say your an MK who has trouble in certain matchups, then you shud try to pick a character that plays well against them... Like if u stink against IC's then D3 would not be a good secondary, but snake might be...
It's all player and character specific... So if you really want a diff character in a tournament just make sure its worth it for you, not just because the character is good or fun... [nothing against fun characters, cuz i switchd to diddy because he is fun, and MK Dittos are lame]

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
play whoever is fun for you as a secondary. Since mk does fine on his own you can pick and choose however you like. i personally main mk and second "?"

Brahmin

Smash Rookie
Rob and DeDeDe are the best secondaries.
I like DeDeDe with MK.

They sort of help compliment each other's habit flaws :lick:

For me anyhow.

ie. someone using MK might not have the best shielding reflexs and may not be the best at grabbing, DeDeDe requires the use of shielding and grabs too be really successful (to a higher degree than MK)

This is just me though.

I personally enjoy G&W, but thats just because he smashs so early and its funny to see people's jaws drop when Judgment 9 backhands them right off the screen at around 60 - 70%. Tee Hee.

NNID
Budget_Player
I think the best secondary is the normal colorscheme.

Seriously, though, who has the best Snake matchup?
Olimar. Oli takes snake apart. Then ZSS, which is like 60/40 AFAIK, then MK, then DDD.

Dedede.
D3 > Snake
Not really, it's about even when played correctly by both sides.

I'd say for MK, your best secondary is probably Olimar. Oli absolutely destroys snake, and AFAIK is pretty solid on several other matchups. But as MK? You're probably better off just getting better with MK.

DUB

Smash Lord
The ideal MK secondary would counter Falco, Diddy, Snake, and Ice Climbers in no particular order. No such character exist, so you are better just going Metaknight.
While your right for the most part, Marth is good choice agaisnt Falco, as well as Diddy. I personally think the Marth Snake matchup is 55:45 6-4 Snake, and do not know the IC vs. Marth matchup but he is probably the most ideal candidate.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
You should definitely use Peach as a secondary. She ***** and there are plenty of players that don't know the matchup lol

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
second fox,the fox community is amazing and fox is sexy as hellllllllllll and *****(watch my fox combo video plz)

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Wario handles Diddy, Snake and Falco better imo. You do well against his (semi-)counters (Peach, Marth, DDD) so thats cool.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Wario handles Diddy, Snake and Falco better imo. You do well against his (semi-)counters (Peach, Marth, DDD) so thats cool.
I like MK more against Snake and Falco but Wario is fun, and it's a nice pairing for teams playing two of the three best doubles characters.

leffen

Smash Champion
i think falco is one of the best if the THE best secondary, ***** quite a few matchups and most importantly u will force ur opponent to play on japes or RC.
( ban RC= japes, ban Japes = RC etc )

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you lose to a equal skilled player while you're MK, you're most likely beeing out-camped.
The best Secondary for MK is therefor a character that is good at countering campers, or 'better' at camping.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Easily Marth or DDD. Martha seems to be the better option though as he has the advantage on Diddy Kong, Falco, and Wario.

If you have trouble with anyone else but top tiers, go DDD. DDD ***** almost everyone below him with the chaingrab.

Top Bottom