• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A secondary for mK

Low Rider1717

Smash Cadet
I just have no clue who to secondary
im trying to just train my best 2 charecters but idk
MK will and always will be my main
i just dont know who to make my secondary
any advice?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Best secondary for MK? Another MK.

Seriously though...I think this should depend on the player. Find out who you have more problems with as an MK main. Pick a character who can counter that.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you need a secondary cause MK might get banned. :(:(:(:(:(

For you, I'd say G&W 'cause he's easy to pick up.

Snake and Diddy are good too.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Play Falco! ROB plays a lot like MK, with his great gimp game, recovery and awesome dsmash and aerials. There's not much point in taking him as a secondary if you already main MK.

Falco is extremely good, but plays really differently from MK, so when you get bored of one, play the other.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
If you have no clue who to secondary, then you don't need to worry about it. You don't need one. MK's worst match ups are 50:50.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Basically, anyone as your secondary works as MK can just be your counterpick for any character.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Snake maybe, but not Olimar. All this talk about "perfect camp" has brought his stock up, but that doesn't change that he gets gimped in seconds.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Snake maybe, but not Olimar. All this talk about "perfect camp" has brought his stock up, but that doesn't change that he gets gimped in seconds.
He gets gimped off the stage by every character. That's not a reason to argue the matchup not being in Olimar's favor, unless you're suggesting that almost ALL of his matches are unfavorable, which is obviously not the case.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Yeah, everyone gimps him, but MK has the best gimping ability in the game. If Olimar is knocked off stage, that stock is gone against a good MK player. I agree Olimar can deal with MK better than many, but it's just too big a handicap to overcome.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i main MK snake and ROB,

there is nothing u cant accomplish playing those chars to the best

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Brinboy ALWAYS has to bring up the snake:mk 55:45 thing. >_>
God, you don't need to argue on this nor bring it up. It's not the freaking ban MK discussion here...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Brinboy ALWAYS has to bring up the snake:mk 55:45 thing. >_>
God, you don't need to argue on this nor bring it up. It's not the freaking ban MK discussion here...
someone said its 45:55, i said its the other way around. >_> its stating a fact, not bringing it up for a huge over9000post discussion.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
someone said its 45:55, i said its the other way around. >_> its stating a fact, not bringing it up for a huge over9000post discussion.
It's obviously not a fact when it can be debated as opinions with 2 sides.
Seriously, some believe it's snakes advantage, some believe it's MKs. It's not a fact either way. It's just more supported one way than the other. :p

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Captain Falcon

/thread

Captain Falcon is everyone and their grandma's secondary (where I live, that's how it is lol Everyone plays Cptn Falcon)

kupo15

Smash Hero
maybe ZZS since she counters IC which I think is a tougher matchup....but mk doesnt really need one..

kupo15

Smash Hero
well mk counters almost everyone but I thought that the blizzard causes some trouble. Then again, Im not too familiar with that matchup. I know I had a little trouble with it at a tourney but if they are not a problem then i believe you.

Top Bottom