• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Guide to Farore's Wind - Updated Teleport-Cancelling Section

mikekleman

Smash Cadet
well it could also be when they are close to the edge. hit them away from the stage. it works but i would't recommend it unless you kow what you are doing. you can make a stage with blocks that you can distinguish the different distances ad get to know the distances of the 40 different lengths and directions

Luthien

Smash Ace
That was on someone hanging on to a ledge right? Pretty sure it spikes then.
From what I recall, NinjaLink killed Rykoshet's recovering Ike with FW while Ike was quickdrawing.

And technically, FW doesn't spike someone hanging on the ledge. FW always hits slightly up, and if your opponent happens to be hit up into the ledge, they'll bounce off it downward. That's called a stage spike though, from what I understand. Farore's stage spikes doesn't usually kill at low or mediumish percents, but you can sometimes footstool jump them afterward and take off a stock.

Done nitpicking now.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Could Farore's Wind be used in a similar way to Pikachu's QAC?
I know Farore's Wind is way slower and has less frames than Pikachu's Quick Attack
But maybe it could be used effectively like Pikachu's QAC

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I wish Zelda could cancel farores anywhere on the ground... someone needs to hurry up and discover how to do it. :D

That makes me wonder though, what is farores cancel like at Norfair? I mean you typically don't see many platform cancelled farore's winds (it's usually just at the edge of the stage) but it is possible to do off of a platform. Since Norfair is loaded with 'em, would it be possible to farores cancel continuously there?

Villi

Smash Lord
Oh, wow, if you could teleport cancel while recovering... is that even possible? You = amazing.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That's something to test out. I think sinking has done this before actually.

There's also a mysterious place beneath Final D's ledge where she recover her 2nd jump if she warps there.

Villi

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, huh! That's happened to me, before... It would be nice if it were possible to do it horizontally like Falco.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I messed around with farores cancel on Norfair and wasn't able to do it twice consecutively. Even if it is possible it's probably too difficult for anyone to do reliably...

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Yeah, I warped under the FD ledge and cancelled ^_^
I even saved it as a replay. I'll try to find it and upload it for ya guys.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I was just gonna ask if there was a video out there of it, thanks for posting. :laugh:

Yeah, I've done this before too (but with marth, not zelda). I'm guessing that most characters have this ability then, right?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
the mechanics behind it is, it thinks it grabbed the ledge but that piece is in the way so it lets go.

Icyo

Smash Ace
I'm really starting to fall in love with Farore's Wind. I accidentally teleport canceled and I thought it would help me a great deal.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
we kinda kno the edgeguarding applications already. I have a great amount already. Good vid though.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Yeah that's the exact spot I hit. It's that weird angle at the bottom of the lip.

I think that whatever lets Mario's cape get people stuck in the stage is the same thing that lets Zelda do that.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Teleport cancel to footstool is where it's at ^^ (**** Naks for not having homebrew at the time... :p)

Anyway this may sound weird and wouldn't be suprised if people said i'm a bad Zelda and should quit while ahead. Which ok maybe I should, bad Zelda is bad lol. But some reason the stage I have absolute problem with is FD... It is honestly the one stage I won't religiously TP on cuz i'm not 100 certain it will cancel. Hell Halberd, the platforms of Poke' Staduim 1 and BF is no problem most the time. But **** FD lulz.

I either:
A.) don't cancel
B.) fall into falling animation
or C.) Get Zelda's *** stuck under the lip magically somehow, most likely cuz I ran off thinking it canceled lol.

I realize that the spot is just ahead of the middle as is with most stages so yeah I know the location I just suck. Then again i'm under that stage half the time anyway, dying.

Ok semi wall of Melphyr's face is over, I mean text :bee:. Hi Stippy if you read this lol.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
poor spazn T_T. Yea u just go to the middle and take 1 small inch to whichever direction u wanted to warp too. Tele-cancel to footstool is interesting. I usually go for the spike lmao. I'll practice that :3

Icyo

Smash Ace
Could you even do teleport cancel then land a footstool? If you send your opponent flying off the stage then they're going to go up. Then you'll be below them. I guess you could uair from there but I don't see very many people going underneath the stage when recovering.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Could you even do teleport cancel then land a footstool? If you send your opponent flying off the stage then they're going to go up. Then you'll be below them. I guess you could uair from there but I don't see very many people going underneath the stage when recovering.
u could. Depends on who ur fighting. Since the Tele-cancel is fast i dont think anyone could do something about it.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I believe my opponent was trying to recover somewhat vertically to the ledge as to grab it. I asked the person I played about it again and he told me he thinks he was trying to Uair me or something out of my cancel (he was Zelda as well) but failed doing so which caused him to be footstooled as he was under me opposed to above obviously heh. Hell the help of Nayru's Love could've been in there but i'm trying to remember details but fail doing so lol.

But yeah it's pretty much the same situation as doing a dair and expecting to land it. At least that is what I would think. But instead of being actually under the ledge your opponent would have to be a couple inches to the right or left depending on which side you're on.

And I guess I shouldn't have gave NinjaLink the idea cuz now some reason I feel like i'll fall victim to it lol. Then again I have yet to play your Zelda D: :laugh:

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Who does Sheik->Zelda Offstage to Farore?

Nice surprise :d

Takumaru

Smash Lord
If you "love jump" it I suppose it's ok (or whatever the boost sheik gets to her second jump when she uses a special). any other time you try to do it you'll find yourself dead half the time.

Jezza

Smash Rookie
Wow... this was really helpful!
When I first played Zelda, most of my deaths is from inaccurate faore winding
The only con with me as Zelda is the fact that using Wii Remotes while using Faores wind can only teleport you in 8 directions.

Top Bottom