• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

\_---Ephraim For Brawl---_/

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
arrg, (for the record i didnt judge them negatively) i never played the game in the first place, i didnt mention that (now that ive said it, maybe u might think im only writing this because that was already said, but i dont really care so believe wut u want to believe). i only watched my cuz play with Lyn solo after he beat his game in the Philipines. bah w/e

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
His name's actually derived from a guy in the Bible named "Ephraim," and it's pronounced either "eh-FRAY-im" or "eh-PRAY-im"; take your pick, either is correct.

That's really the only reason I posten here, actually. I though he was the coolest (and only memorable) character from FE8, but there are way too many good Brawl picks in FE9 alone, to say nothing of Hector or Lyn from FE7. I used to be all pro-Ephraim, but then i realised how rushed and shallow FE8 felt and... I just figure that a character from a better game has better chances.

I'm pulling for an Assist Trophy, though.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't like Nino, her personality is annoying, she is weak as hell and not worth the trouble. Pent is far supirior to her in everyway. But this is irrelavant.

DOWN WITH EPHRAIM AND ALL THINGS RELATED TO FE8!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
xianfeng's just cut because he knows Ephraim's better than his favourite lord.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Pent phails...
Nino is the best but not worth it since you get her for like 3 chapters...

Erk ftw...

back to Ephraim...

Any intelligent person knows Ike > Ephraim...

It's not an opinion. It's fact.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Marth
Oguma
Sheeda
Sigurd
Celice
Ayra
Leaf
Roy
Lyn
Hector
Eliwood
Soren
Sothe
Micaiah
Black Knight

All of those Fire Emblem characters above have a better chance of being in Brawl than Ephraim.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Ephraim would kick ***. There's no way he wouldn't. His look is much better than Ike's. Ike doesn't have his lord look, so he automatically looks like he's in poverty.
How do you know he won't have his lord look as an alt costume? Anyway the only thing he Ephy has going for him; is that he uses a spear .

Hong

The Strongest
Ephraim would kick ***. There's no way he wouldn't. His look is much better than Ike's. Ike doesn't have his lord look, so he automatically looks like he's in poverty.
Because Ike can't stand nobles so he discarded his Lord outfit as soon he could. It's a part of his character. Though, I can ensure you, Ike as a Lord looks infinitely cooler than Ephraim.

This picture only shows the upper part of the outfit, but you can get enough of an idea.

While this isn't saying Ephraim stands a chance of getting in, I think saying his chances are below any lord is a bit too far. His two advantages is a radically different weapon (other lords used spears, but as secondaries) and the fact he's known world wide. But consider the fact no Fire Emblem veteran supports Ephraim. That and there are other characters known world wide that get support from veterans and newer fans alike, like Ike (who's in) and Macaiah. At least Ephraim is better than Eliwood. :/

RWB

Smash Ace
Pent phails...
Nino is the best but not worth it since you get her for like 3 chapters...
Erk ftw...

Any intelligent person knows Ike > Ephraim...
It's not an opinion. It's fact.
Pent>>>Erk, and I'm a fan of Erk. Superior ending stats, higher level at joining, A staffs, high Con... Pent is ranked higher than Hector for a reason.
Nino plain out suck. Even if trained, she is not that much better than Pent and Erk.

Any intelligent person knows Ephraim kicks Ike's rear until it bleeds as a unit. I'm an Ike fan, but I'm not so ignorant as to think he is the superior unit. Ephraim was the best character in his game, with crazy str, spd and defense, plus the choice for 1-2 range throughout the entire game.

Ephraim is considered number one or 2 in his game, Colm being his main challenger(Thief->Rogue utility).

Ike is not even in the top five in his game and some people think he should be lowered even more on the tier list.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
How do you know he won't have his lord look as an alt costume? Anyway the only thing he Ephy has going for him; is that he uses a spear .
How do you know he WILL have his lord look as an alt costume?
Because Ike can't stand nobles so he discarded his Lord outfit as soon he could. It's a part of his character. Though, I can ensure you, Ike as a Lord looks infinitely cooler than Ephraim.

This picture only shows the upper part of the outfit, but you can get enough of an idea.

While this isn't saying Ephraim stands a chance of getting in, I think saying his chances are below any lord is a bit too far. His two advantages is a radically different weapon (other lords used spears, but as secondaries) and the fact he's known world wide. But consider the fact no Fire Emblem veteran supports Ephraim. That and there are other characters known world wide that get support from veterans and newer fans alike, like Ike (who's in) and Macaiah. At least Ephraim is better than Eliwood. :/
I prefer the one in picture. it's just as cool looking as Ephraim's get-up.Ephraim is a nice character. I have only played two FEs. Eliwood probably sucks as far as I;m concerned.

Hong

The Strongest
Ike is not even in the top five in his game and some people think he should be lowered even more on the tier list.
I don't know. His occult is some sort of god mode, but I guess that runs down to personal experience.

You were at least right about Ephraim's power. He's an amazing unit.

RWB

Smash Ace
I don't know. His occult is some sort of god mode, but I guess that runs down to personal experience.

Actually, His occult is quite crappy due to low activation ratio, 27% at most and goes down with enemy luck. It's activation ratio is hence usually below 20%. To add salt to the wounds, it's a 1 range special, Making it worse than Sol(almost all users of sol has 1-2 range).

The only really good occult is Canto(Best skill in the game), and you don't even need a scroll to get it.

The other good spells are those that are sure to activate, like wrath or resolve at half life, or vantage(always in effect).

Aether is flashy, but not exactly godly. ^^

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, His occult is quite crappy due to low activation ratio, 27% at most and goes down with enemy luck. It's activation ratio is hence usually below 20%. To add salt to the wounds, it's a 1 range special, Making it worse than Sol(almost all users of sol has 1-2 range).

The only really good occult is Canto(Best skill in the game), and you don't even need a scroll to get it.

The other good spells are those that are sure to activate, like wrath or resolve at half life, or vantage(always in effect).

Aether is flashy, but not exactly godly. ^^
Like I said, it's from personal experience. Every playthrough I've had, Aether (perhaps with Provoke) has been a real treat. Of course with the English versions lacking the Maniac difficulty, the effectiveness could drop.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Wait a minute. I thought aether's activation rate was only based on Ike's skill. The enemy's luck shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

Neutral B: Ephraim chugs his spear over head, in a long arc, that goes farther horizontally than vertically. The spear then reappears in his hand in a unexplained fashion for simplicity’s sake. (Think of it in the same manor as Link misses his boomerang on the return, and suddenly has it again) The arc can be tilted into two different versions, one shorter but faster, and the other longer but slower. The damage output is good for a projectile, but the knock back that comes from it isn’t anything to be proud of, and will not KO, unless the opponent’s percentages are very high.

Forward B: Ephraim crotches down somewhat, and pulls his spear back. The move is chargeable, and once released, Ephraim will rush across the ground, with his spear still held back. If he hits the opponent, he’ll make a second strike where he pushes his spear out, but otherwise will keep it back. The longer the charge, the farther the distance or the dash, and of course a shorter charge will only have a small amount of charge. The move will fly over edges if unchecked, but Ephraim can switch directions of the attack if the control stick is flicked sharply in the opposite direction. Unlike Jigglypuff’s move though, Ephraim’s charge doesn’t continue once the direction is changed, and he will automatically stop and make a short thrust. (Which he technically won’t do if he charges straight and misses) The first strike knocks the opponent up a bit, but the second strike has a nice amount of knock back. It can be used in air to help with recovery.

Up B: Ephraim makes a short uppercut like attack, while spinning his spear like a buzz saw. The distance of this recovery is not much either vertically or horizontally, but recovery can be aided by the side B. If the opponent is trapped in the spinning blade, they will enter into a screw attack like effect, where they are sucked in, and take multiple hits before being knocked out. It has moderate knock back if the opponent is hit by the final spin, but the other attacks have barely any.

Down B: Ephraim faces towards the screen, and starts to spin his spear around like a windmill. The move hurts any opponent to close to the spinning blade, and will also reflect projectiles. If it does hit an opponent, the opponent will be hit up a bit, and will be in place for a second strike, if they don’t get out of the way fast enough. While the speed of the move initially starts off fast, as long as B is held, the speed will steadily decrease, along with the ability’s defensive capabilities. This is because the blade is the only thing that will attack of block, and Ephraim can be hit if the opponent attacks where the blade isn’t. Thus it is hard to counter this when it first starts, but easy if prolonged. Ephraim also lags a bit when he stops spinning blade, and can’t move when using it either.

Final Smash: Ephraim and Eirika (who just appears besides him) hold of a ball of light composed of the sacred stones. The ball of energy swells up to a size that is about as big as a Banzai Bill, and they both throw it down in tandem. If the ball hits a platform, it will stop, and create an explosion (much like a Banzai Bill’s explosion) which of course damages any opponent trapped in it. If it doesn’t make contract with an opponent, it will just fall of the stage, so watch where you aim it. Even at the begning when it is being charged in the air, it will do damage, and still continue on until it hits a opponent or exits the screen. It does a great deal of damage as expected, and Ephraim (along with Eirika) is invulnerable while the attack is going on.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Any intelligent person knows Ephraim kicks Ike's rear until it bleeds as a unit. I'm an Ike fan, but I'm not so ignorant as to think he is the superior unit. Ephraim was the best character in his game, with crazy str, spd and defense, plus the choice for 1-2 range throughout the entire game.
You do know that Ephraim's game was extrodinarily cheap though right? And that all the characters were really good? (pretty much)
But any intelligent person knows that FE8 is one of the worst if not the worst game in the series.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Isn't that kind of harsh? I mean people may not have played all of them, so you can be intelligent, and still say it's not the worst. (Because if you're smart, you know not to just go by just other people's opinions alone) Also seeing as lack of difficulty does not make it inherently a worse game, I don't see why you'd have to phrase it like that. >_>

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
@Pieman: nice moveset dude (DownB seems kind of weird, u also called his spear a sword hahah, but its cool)
@xienfang: some people think FE8 was a good game, not the best tho. not EVERYONE hates it. the story was alright and the characters were pretty cool (my favorite was Colm XD).
@Repryx: yer just mad cuz u get pwnd by Marths hahaha jkjk

Hong

The Strongest
So would this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvfhL1BfByA

Edit - Though just to be fair, awesome CG cinematics weren't possible back then.
I must commend Ephraim on his strategic attacks early in the game. While not many were shown/played, they made him sound pretty valiant. Then again, this has only been done by 653152144314 Fire Emblem characters in the past so it's nothing new. Too bad Orson was selling him out all along, at least until Seth busted him.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Black Knight For BRawl! Ahahahaha!.

*dissapears in a cloud of smoke*

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Don't Pent and Erk have the same stat caps?

The main reason I don't like Pent is because I have a thing against pre-evolved units (even if they are good)...

Anyway...

A spear moveset would be cool... but Ephraim is just such a forgettable character...

His game is unpopular... he is unpopular...

Just because he was overpowered in his game (like many of the characters) doesn't mean he deserves a spot...

And why would Ephraim make it without Eirika... she plays just as big of a role in the game as he does...

A duo would be better than Ephraim solo...

RWB

Smash Ace
You do know that Ephraim's game was extrodinarily cheap though right? And that all the characters were really good? (pretty much)
But any intelligent person knows that FE8 is one of the worst if not the worst game in the series.

All the characters were really good? Only on max level. Many units in FE8 sucked pretty bad(espescially the trainees), and most were just slightly above the average in FE7. FE8 was far to easy, yes. It's the international FE game I enjoyed the least. It was still decent. Worst game in the series? FE2, by far. -_-;;

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@Pieman: nice moveset dude (DownB seems kind of weird, u also called his spear a sword hahah, but its cool)
@xienfang: some people think FE8 was a good game, not the best tho. not EVERYONE hates it. the story was alright and the characters were pretty cool (my favorite was Colm XD).
@Repryx: yer just mad cuz u get pwnd by Marths hahaha jkjk
Thanks for the compliment! :O

I guess I have to pay more attention and correct the typo, then...

Top Bottom