• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

\_---Ephraim For Brawl---_/

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
The other one's over a year old. This will get closed eventually.
Both are at the same rate. I'd appreciate it if I got a thread that hasn't been locked yet. By the way, I thank you for your supportive talk.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Ephraim should be in simply because he's the best of all the FE lords. Unfortunatley, the best chance Ephraim has of being in the game is as an assist trophy.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Both are at the same rate. I'd appreciate it if I got a thread that hasn't been locked yet. By the way, I thank you for your supportive talk.
Why are you so focused on having a thread? Every time I've wanted to find the Ephraim Thread, I search for it. No offense, but you should've done the same. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just the rules. If there's already a thread, there's no need creating another one, especially when the first one's been around for 13 months. Mic_128 will eventually post and say there's already an Ephraim thread. It always happens. But who knows, maybe this thread will bypass the usual rules and overtake the larger, older thread that is still active and has move info.

Here's the thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77917

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Why are you so focused on having a thread? Every time I've wanted to find the Ephraim Thread, I search for it. No offense, but you should've done the same. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just the rules. If there's already a thread, there's no need creating another one, especially when the first one's been around for 13 months. Mic_128 will eventually post and say there's already an Ephraim thread. It always happens. But who knows, maybe this thread will bypass the usual rules and overtake the larger, older thread that is still active and has move info.

Here's the thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77917
To never be able to have a thread on a forum is ridiculous. It's easy to see and self-explainatory. The other one isn't larger, and mine Is better, that reminds me I'ma put some Ephraim images.

D

Deleted member

To never be able to have a thread on a forum is ridiculous. It's easy to see and self-explainatory. The other one isn't larger, and mine Is better, that reminds me I'ma put some Ephraim images.
Says you ;).

Yeah, yours might be better. mine is stil linked here, so check it out if you want to.

Hong

The Strongest
I'd be disappointed if they had any mounted characters in Brawl. Other than maybe a Final Smash, it's just not fitting with the platform setting of Super Smash Brothers. He as well as the other Fire Emblem characters use their basic appearance and not their shnazzy promoted appearance. (Though Marth was given pants. :p)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I'd be disappointed if they had any mounted characters in Brawl. Other than maybe a Final Smash, it's just not fitting with the platform setting of Super Smash Brothers. He as well as the other Fire Emblem characters use their basic appearance and not their shnazzy promoted appearance. (Though Marth was given pants. :p)
So you'd rather Mercenary Ike look or the Lord Ike Look? I prefer blue.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm just not fond of the mounted look of both Ike and Eirika. Lord Ike is okay. Though technically, he went back to a Ranger at the end of the game so it's more correct to have him as that. Though the sturdy Lord look better suits a heavy weight class. :/

As for the topic, Ephraim's chances are slim. He's not really that popular but then again, Mr. Sakurai doesn't always choose characters based on popularity so nothing is impossible. ;P

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
As for the topic, Ephraim's chances are slim. He's not really that popular but then again, Mr. Sakurai doesn't always choose characters based on popularity so nothing is impossible. ;P
Oh crap. He might choose Waluigi!!! NOOOOOO!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I pronounce it E-From :laugh:

It's crazy, I know absolutely nothing about the FE series or it's characters, but for some reason I really really want this guy to be in Brawl. Maybe it's the green color or his weapon, I dunno.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I pronounce it E-From :laugh:

It's crazy, I know absolutely nothing about the FE series or it's characters, but for some reason I really really want this guy to be in Brawl. Maybe it's the green color or his weapon, I dunno.
Maybe it's the weapon, I feel a lancer for Brawl would be awesome. It would take away the possibility of an Ike Clone.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't believe there is any reason not to have a second character. We'll probably see two. Three if Sakurai can't decide between two other ones. Four if Sakurai for some reason slips, falls on his head, wakes up and is convinced Fire Emblem is the best series ever.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I don't believe there is any reason not to have a second character. We'll probably see two. Three if Sakurai can't decide between two other ones. Four if Sakurai for some reason slips, falls on his head, wakes up and is convinced Fire Emblem is the best series ever.
Ike, Ephraim, Black Knight, and Eirika FTW!!! I'll get the bannana.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Black Knight can use lances... i'm just saying.

And Eirika wouldn't be in, IIRC she was similar to Marth.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
The Black Knight can use lances... i'm just saying.

And Eirika wouldn't be in, IIRC she was similar to Marth.
Titania it is then, but I'd personally prefer that girl in Sacred Stones who transforms into a dragon. Other than that, SOREN FTW!!! Anyways, heads up I got the banana peel ready.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Besides the fact that he uses a lance and looks cool... why does Ephraim has a chance of being in Brawl?

Seriously there are 4 characters that should be in brawl and have a chance. Ike(already in) Marth(should stay) Black Knight(Ike is in, Sak whant's more villains, was on the poll) Sigurd(everyone whant's him, don't know **** about him though).

Why is Ephraim more important than those 4?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Besides the fact that he uses a lance and looks cool... why does Ephraim has a chance of being in Brawl?

Seriously there are 4 characters that should be in brawl and have a chance. Ike(already in) Marth(should stay) Black Knight(Ike is in, Sak whant's more villains, was on the poll) Sigurd(everyone whant's him, don't know **** about him though).

Why is Ephraim more important than those 4?
Never Heard of Sigurd, Marth shouldn't stay, (Because There should be a new generation of characters every Smash, FE uses different characters every time, like FF.) Ephraim in brawl is great for promoting the SS game. ****Sigurd. I don't want Marth because he was in a japanese FE only. Same with Roy and Sigurd.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Still, MArth is Marth, come on... he appears in a movie, he was the first lord, etc etc, he shouldn't go, i don't care if he does, but he shouldn't.

Why should Smash Promote the SS game? that game is already "old", Ike and Black Knight should promote the new games, with Marth staying, and if they do add a 4th FE character i doubt it would be Ephra.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Never Heard of Sigurd, Marth shouldn't stay, (Because There should be a new generation of characters every Smash, FE uses different characters every time, like FF.) Ephraim in brawl is great for promoting the SS game. ****Sigurd. I don't want Marth because he was in a japanese FE only. Same with Roy and Sigurd.
The game is over 2 years.. Does it really need promoting?

Ephraim would definitely be unique, but the truth is, there are just too many characters potentially representing Fire Emblem. This makes makes it very hard to say if he'll be in it or not.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Still, MArth is Marth, come on... he appears in a movie, he was the first lord, etc etc, he shouldn't go, i don't care if he does, but he shouldn't.

Why should Smash Promote the SS game? that game is already "old", Ike and Black Knight should promote the new games, with Marth staying, and if they do add a 4th FE character i doubt it would be Ephra.
If the SS game is old and Marth's game is old, why would you want Marth to stay? It's probably a Japanese movie anyways, I'd never understand. The first lord, he's not the only lord. FE is a tactical style of FF.
The game is over 2 years.. Does it really need promoting?

Ephraim would definitely be unique, but the truth is, there are just too many characters potentially representing Fire Emblem. This makes makes it very hard to say if he'll be in it or not.
Ephraim's lance makes him an interesting and diverse character. His moveset could have a good variety of moves. Yes, it's not that bad to represent. The characters should coem and go every few FE games IMO.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Sigurd can use alance, so does the Blak Knight.

If the SS game is old and Marth's game is old
Yes, but Marth's game IS the first FE game.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Sigurd can use alance, so does the Blak Knight.

Yes, but Marth's game IS the first FE game.
Great idea. Why don't we use Dugtrio for Brawl as well! He's in the first Pokemon game! by the way, I mever heard of Sigurd. I thought BK uses a sword. Ephraim just premotes Sacred Stones. Nintendo would like that idea, it gives them more money after all.

Shuma

Smash Hero
No... it doesn't SS is an old game now, nintendo promotes new games in smash not old ones.

And i see your that kind of posters that refuse to hear reason, you just whant your character in Brawl, Ephraim will not i repeat will not appear as a PC in Brawl. Accept it.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
No... it doesn't SS is an old game now, nintendo promotes new games in smash not old ones.

And i see your that kind of posters that refuse to hear reason, you just whant your character in Brawl, Ephraim will not i repeat will not appear as a PC in Brawl. Accept it.
What are you talking about? I gave in to Ridley, because it was the most senseful thing once that moveset and pciture was shown. You're contradicting yourself, why would They put Marth in again if he's in an older game?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Because Marth is not representing the Game, he's representhing the whole franchise.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Because Marth is not representing the Game, he's representhing the whole franchise.
How the hell is he representing the franchise if he's the main character of one game? This isn't a Digaea issue with the prequel and sequel, marth doesn't appear in Sequels. How does he represent the franchise? No one better than the word Fire Emblem represents the franchise, since the Lords are for one game each.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Marth was in two games, and he was the FIRST LORD!.

It's like saying Mario shouldn't be in the game 'cause of Luigi's Mansion or Warioware.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Marth was in two games, and he was the FIRST LORD!.

It's like saying Mario shouldn't be in the game 'cause of Luigi's Mansion or Warioware.
Who cares if he's the first lord. By the way, if he was in two japanese games, let him be in Brawl for the japanese. I'm pissed with japanese characters. Pokemons first, Japanese only next, What the **** is this world comming too??? That's a bad comparison. Luigi's Mansion isn't part of Mario's Franchise, Luigi is though. Much like Wario.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok...

I doubt Ephraim would be in the game... but of course seeing that Red is in... who knows?

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about Ephraim, because we would be missing his sister. I think the Fire Emblem chars would be:
Ike/Marth/Lynn(or perhaps Hector)/Mikaya(whatever the new girl's name is.) Fire emblem is one of the series were the development team can gather more important female characters. The Black Knight, seemed a bit generic to me, and there are other villians that can take his place.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Black Knight, seemed a bit generic to me, and there are other villians that can take his pl

Like Who? huh? Remember he's Ike Nemesis and a very important villain in 2 games and the firs 3d FE games.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Goddes of Dawn, IIRC the game will also come out here, or it already did.

Top Bottom