• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

\_---Ephraim For Brawl---_/

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
What I'm saying is that he would make a unique smash character, but that uniqueness is not enough. He could possibly have a very interesting moveset, but including him would be denying another FE character. Ephraim's game doesn't really deserve representation because when compared to the other FEs it's really not that good.

Ephraim isn't as popular as Marth, or Sigurd, or Hector, or Lyn, or Roy, or Ike, or The Black Knight, so why should he get in over any of them?

He also appeared in the worst FE game (the GBA games were already poorly recieved in Japan, but even Americans consider this to be the worst out of the three we have) and wasn't too fascinating as a character. Lyn and Hector are more important FE reps than him because they were the first non-Japanese-only FE lords. The Black Knight is more important because he's appeared in two games and his games have also sold better. Marth get's what the Black Knight has with the added bonus of being the first FE lord and being a very popular character and bringing FE out of Japan. Sigurd was in the most popular FE game. Roy was in the first portable FE and is a very popular melee character (and even then I think he's getting cut).

You can see that Ephraim has a lot of serious competition and not much going for him. Unless we somehow get 8 FE reps I just don't see him getting in.
At most for FE, 4. Ephraim Lynn Ike Black Knight. Happy now?

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
o man i loved both the GBA fire emblems and enjoyed them a lot more than the GC one. Ephraim is awsome. I dont see why FE8 is considered so bad.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
At most for FE, 4. Ephraim Lynn Ike Black Knight. Happy now?
Ephraim over Marth? Marth is the argueably the most important character in the series. Take out Lyn if you really need Ephraim.

o man i loved both the GBA fire emblems and enjoyed them a lot more than the GC one. Ephraim is awsome. I dont see why FE8 is considered so bad.
It was just too easy and storywise it was kinda bland. PoR brought something new to the table with Ike as the first Non-noble type lord. We got kinda screwed on PoR anyway. The Japanese version had a Maniac difficulty in which some characters were actually deamed un-useable. You basically got very little bonus experience and the enemies were 5 levels higher (in addition to lager numbers of powerfull enemy types)
You'd be fighting Swordmasters with enough speed to double attack on average and the final chapter includes enemies with skills and such (more so than the American Hard mode) It was taken out in the american version to make room for easy mode, which I think was a stupid idea.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Get rid of Eirika. But Since Ike is gonna be in there...Its a good chance that Elincia will be too so Get rid of her for Ephraim.

Repryx

Smash Champion
NO Eirika is SOO annoying. But then again I wouldnt want Eliwood either....Maybe Hector

Repryx

Smash Champion
Lyon Had that Range 20 magic...No way...But the Boss was that huge Monster I 4 get what but it was BIG

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Ephraim is probably one of the LEAST popular lords in FE...

SS was fun... but the story and characters were completely lame compared to FE7...

D

Deleted member

Ephraim is probably one of the LEAST popular lords in FE...

SS was fun... but the story and characters were completely lame compared to FE7...
Does popularity matter at all really? I mean, Tingle is mostly hated by the west, but seems to be considered a shoe-in because he is 'unique'.

SS was kinda lame, but Ephraim was cool.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Does popularity matter at all really? I mean, Tingle is mostly hated by the west, but seems to be considered a shoe-in because he is 'unique'.

SS was kinda lame, but Ephraim was cool.
But you see, at least he's popular somewhere.

All the FEs were fun IMO, it's just that SS is the worst of the bunch and there are better candidates to choose from. If you want unique then why wouldn't we include Hector, Lyn, Micaiah, ect?

Shuma

Smash Hero
If they're going to add characters from the GBA game, let it be Lyn or Hector.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i liked ss though, sure the story wasn't that great, and the story was incredibly bland, but it had the upgrade system which i loved which was absent in PoR

synthetickensai

Smash Rookie
Class upgrades, it was in PoR too. What I liked in SS was the ability to go back and fight whenever and get as much experience as you wanted, PoR lacked that.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
in FE8 there was choice in class upgrades. which was awsome.
Yeah, but 1 class was always better than the other. Great Knights didn't get used because Paladins and Generals were better. Assasins were rarely used because Swordmasters were better and many people wanted Rogues over assasins. Wyvern Knights weren't used much because Falcoknights and Wyvern Lords fit the respective character's growth rates better. The only good thing that came out of the branch promotions was more options for magic users. Summoners were kind of usefull, but Druids were better combatants. Everyone pretty much promoted into what they would've promoted into even if there weren't branch promotions.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FE8 was absolute crap, the story was bland, the characters were generic and it was far too easy. The branched promotion idea allthough it was a good idea there weren't enough characters to really use it. FE8 is generally considered one of the worst of the series (second worst only because FE2 was that crap) so it deserves no representation.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really think an FE character should be somewhat "popular" to be considered for brawl, not just because he uses a lance.

I actually liked FE8's story surprisingly; not at much as FE7's though ( Go Lyndis ^_^)

Hong

The Strongest
FE8's story was perfectly fine and I liked the ability to play as Eirika as Ephraim. But yes, the gameplay was too easy. The problem with the promotion branches is veteran Fire Emblem games instantly know which one is better, and the only time they pick something other than the same promotion is for mages since there's actual value in picking something else. The magic system was better than FE9, but other than that the gameplay was moot. At least Generals were as powerful as they should be. :/

Alas, that doesn't matter. I don't think popularity is always important, just that the truly popular characters should appear. Meaning we can have King Dedede, Ridley and Geno then have Ephraim, Mach Rider or Takamaru. Not saying the final three should be in, just examples of random characters that could work very well and would be appreciated in Brawl.

GenG

Smash Lord
FE8's plot wasn't perfectly fine since the series always offered things better like that. The same for Fuuin no Tsurugi and Rekka no Ken. Way to mess with the franchise when you had a lot of cool features and you simply wipe them all and start from the beginning and make some people believe it's a completely new series: "Skills? Anima magic triangle? An epic plot? Nonononono, you now have to wait 3 games to actually feel a step forward in the franchise".

IS should know by now that they can pull a quick and great gameplay AND a great plot for portable systems, not just butchered down versions of everything (plot, characters, limited options). I understand they wanted to pick new people after the problem they had with Thracia 776 but this wasn't the way.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN

thanks Kabyk-GreenMyst for the pic (n yes, Ephraim will look exactly like that if he makes it XD)

ok, well i said i was gonna make a moveset for this dude so im gonna make it. i make this moveset because i liked Sacred Stones, and i think Ephraim could be unique due to his lance. not saying Krystal wont be unique for her staff, but i see her using it differently.

Ephraim uses his lance Reginleif as his weapon in Brawl. His Solar Bracelet was important in Sacred Stones, but in Brawl, it gives him a bit extra. In his fighting stance, he holds the middle of the lance with the back end under his arm for balance. His left leg is forward.

Strength: **** (the "color" of his attacks are bright green)
Speed: **** (runs holding the lance behind him)
Jump: *** (Double-Jump is a front flip)
Weight: *** (normal Crouch-Cancel)
Traction: *** (a bit less slide than Marth's)

Standard_Combo (Holding A): Ephraim moves his right hand towards the end of the lance (not all the way) while his left hand holds near the blade. 1. Hits with the end of the lance 2. Hits with the blade (NOT the sharp edge)
Side_Tilt: Horizontal Slash: Minor Lag
Up_Tilt: Brings the lance over his head and spins it 3x. Does 3-6 consecutive hits.
Down_Tilt: Leg Sweep: Minor Lag (Meteor Smash - has to be near the edge)
Side_Smash: Brings his back leg forward and thrusts the lance forward (the animation of Ephraim's attack as a Lord). The blade shines gold for effect.
Up_Smash: Puts the lance behind him, holds the end with his left hand and swings down.
Down_Smash: Puts the lance on the ground behind him and swings it forward, then back. A few sparks fly out for effect.
Dash_Attack: At his side, he brings the lance forward and spins it 4x. Does 4-8 consecutive hits.
Nair: Spins around with the lance out.
Fair: Horizontal Slash
Upair: Does a flash kick
Bair: Swings the end of the lance horizontally (turning him around)
Dair: Stomps down and thrusts the end of the lance down at the same time (Meteor Smash - Has to be on top)

Grab: Grabs as if he was going to choke somebody. Low lag in his Dash_Grab.
Grab_Attack: Punches with the lance hand (the lance is near his chest while grabbing)
Front_Throw: Lunges them forward
Up_Throw: Throws up, then slashes
Back_Throw: Moves them back, does a roundhouse kick to turn around, and "bats" them away. Not too much lag.
Down_Throw: Throws down, then swings with the end of the lance. Moves them back.

B: Solar Spin: Ephraim brings his back leg forward, turning him around. He swings the Reginleif in a backhand motion, hitting with the sharp edge of the blade.This can be charged. He spins the lance behind him for the charge. As it spins, it shines gold. After the attack is unleashed, the blade emits a golden flash. (animation of Ephraim's Great Lord attack but without the horse)
<>B: Spear of the Sun: Instead of getting some random spear, throwing it, and somehow getting it back in his hand, Ephraim positions himself to throw Reginleif, but throws a a light in the shape of a spear. Can be charged. After thrown, it change trajectory once. Opponents can still get hit by Reginleif if too close.
^B: Warp Staff: Since basically anything can happen in Smash, Princess L'Arachel gave Ephraim a Warp Staff and lent him some of her powers. With his free hand, Ephraim quickly takes out a Warp Staff and warps. Can be controlled like any other "warp" move. Enemies nearby the warp get damaged.
vB: Counter: The classic counter for Fire Emblem characters. Ephraim's is a little different. To make it look like a counter, he parries with the end of the lance, and slashes. If countering a projectile, he just slashes at it, and a ray of light flies the same distance of the parried attack.

Final Smash: Twins of Renais: After grabbing the Smash Ball, Reginleif turns into Siegmund (the sacred lance of Renais). From the middle of the background, Ephraim's twin sister Eirika (holding the sacred sword Sieglinde) rides her horse in the air along with Ephraim's. Once they get to the middle of the stage, Ephraim jumps on his horse and the twins joust opposite ways. While jousting, both have energy fields surrounding them like an orb (Ephraim's gold; Eirika's silver). Whoever gets hit gets a knockback like a Side_Smash. Once both twins get to the edges of the stage, both raise their bracelet arms and a goldish-silverish light beams down in the middle of the stage (the one that killed Fomortiis, the Demon King). Has the same knockback.

Costumes: Blue (Default); Red; Green; White; Black

Kirby Hat: Light green hair...like this: http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/dis_dude_kev/kirbyhat-ephraim.jpg

well, there u have it. rate me, comment on it, w/e.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to say, of all FE characters that have made it to america, Ephraim deserves a spot in Brawl most, as he would be the most fun to play. Oh, and I just thought I'd mention, I was reading the pronounciation on the first post, and I personally like it as eef-rum. saying it with an "ame" just sounds... stupid and incorrect in my opinion. but whatever.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I actually liked FE8's story surprisingly; not at much as FE7's though ( Go Lyndis ^_^)
FE8 has one of the most boring and uncreative storylines in FE history hell even Video Game History.

FE8's story was perfectly fine
No it wasn't it was bland and boring it didn't make you interested or feel sorry for the main characters. The only character with a little bit of personality in that game was Joshua and he was a generic Myrmidon. You can tell the game was rushed.

FE8's plot wasn't perfectly fine since the series always offered things better like that. The same for Fuuin no Tsurugi and Rekka no Ken.
Fuuin and Rekka were still much better than FE8 in storyline. They were weak compared to FE4 and FE5 but for a portable they weren't horrible.

D

Deleted member

The guy who supports Waluigi for Brawl says SS was crappy? Wow..
Hey, I like both Waluigi (tall lanky people are awesome *coughmecough*) and Ephraim.I might make this my official Ephraim thead soon, so well done.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
The Class branches was the best part. I liked that alot, so I replayed the 3 times to get all of them.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I would just like to say, of all FE characters that have made it to america, Ephraim deserves a spot in Brawl most, as he would be the most fun to play. Oh, and I just thought I'd mention, I was reading the pronounciation on the first post, and I personally like it as eef-rum. saying it with an "ame" just sounds... stupid and incorrect in my opinion. but whatever.
Ephraim and Eirika are easily the WORST lords since FE6 (I haven't played any of the previous FEs, but Marth and Sigurd are pretty popular)

How can you say Ephraim should be in brawl over Lyn or Hector??

They at least had personalities and an actual fan following...

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
^^^ are u sure thats not all opinion? I liked the Lords in FE8, but personally i think Lyn would make it to Brawl over Ephraim/Hector (ive never played Hector's game (which one is it?) so i cant really say anything bad about him). Lyn looks all bada** n stuff, Hector looks cool swinging his axe/sword, but Ephraim would be a good edition in Brawl since he has a lance (Krystal fans, including me, want her with her staff, but i see them using the weapons differently). I think the movesets in here for him were pretty good (dunno if mine was really seen at all) so i think he has a good chance in Brawl if not any...

Hong

The Strongest
I also think it's unfair to shootdown Fire Emblem 8. I think the only problem was the game was too easy and everyone was too powerful. The story isn't the best, but it's nothing horrible.
^^^ are u sure thats not all opinion? I liked the Lords in FE8, but personally i think Lyn would make it to Brawl over Ephraim/Hector (ive never played Hector's game (which one is it?) so i cant really say anything bad about him). Lyn looks all bada** n stuff, Hector looks cool swinging his axe/sword, but Ephraim would be a good edition in Brawl since he has a lance (Krystal fans, including me, want her with her staff, but i see them using the weapons differently). I think the movesets in here for him were pretty good (dunno if mine was really seen at all) so i think he has a good chance in Brawl if not any...
>.>

I'm not sure if I should tell you what's wrong with what you said or I should let all of the other people who played the game laugh at you. I'm not trying to insult you, but did you play Lyn's game beyond the first few chapters or play it at all?

I'll spit it out.

Fire Emblem 7 had three lords. Knight Lord Eliwood, Great Lord Hector and Blade Lord Lyndis. They're from the same game. With all due respect, don't judge a character at all unless you've played the game. Please. D:

Top Bottom