• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/22 C3 Results

kiwiii

Smash Lord
shoutouts!

perry- thanks for teaming with me and also...happy late birthday. i hope you had fun this weekend. your fox is still good as ever :)

big r/frenziefool- thanks for the warm-up teams matches lol. frenzie, good **** making it out of pools. big r, your falco is nastier than i remember. =] nice stuff. see ya guys in nov

kel/sliq- sweet, you guys showed. thanks for the extra teams friendlies lol you guys make a homo team. marth + jiggs yayuhz :D good stuff in tourney, sliq. lmao brinstar, you homooo

cactuar- thanks for letting me **** your luigi. twas amazing. my fox enjoyed eating those pills though =[ haha. nice job in tourney

team richmond- good ****

meep- your ICs make me cry. your fox makes me cry. but most of all, your marth makes me cry. a lot. inside. =[ hahah. it was good seeing you again, it's been months. come back down and visit your HOME.. richmond, va :p virginia fo lyfeee haha

kitsune- nice spacies >_> cyrain and i will teams MM you and geos. bring it =]

tin- your peach downsmashes more now. and smarter. and doesn't spam dash attack. LOL. in other words, you've gotten a lot better since the last time we played.. been months, huh? good seein ya

singles pool- i am sorry. LOL. treble, good stuff O_o ! though i didn't play you lmao nice samus

omni- i want a rematch. -_-. after my break. haha. your fox is teh sex. don't listen to everyone else, being campy takes more priority in this game imo if you really want to win. "to camp good is to be good" lmao so gay but so true. smash is gay in general x:

hova- playing marth now? :o. i missed ya, big bro, and yea everyone does quit this game

see oh kay + bir r + soap + watty + jiano + MW in general- yay you guys made my trip worth it, until you decided to go to a strip club over karaoke. but it's okay, we never went to karaoke either lol. mathos is homo for not tagging along. and don't worry mathos, i remember, needles freak your falco out HAHA :D rematch plz. drephen <3 :D and soap, your sheik is tricksy. nice needle canceling off the platforms haha sooo omar. see yall in november, it's gonna be the weekend before my bday so u better karaoke with me

whoever was getting on my *** for cheering for drephen vs wife- **** you. LOL CoK > team ben ;)

husband- remember when i 0-death combo'ed you? i'll never let you live it down. n_n

wife- good ****. your peach is annoying. -_- hahaha. we won't run into each other in tourney.. one day. =/ haha

my sheik- how could you

my fox- you are cute

my peach- wth, you are fat

my ylink- what the **** are you doing?

azen- thanks for rematching me. after improving in this game and learning a bunch, i can genuinely appreciate your smash skills. iono if you're rusty or not, you prob are, but you're an amazingly smart player. no one else's bowser i've played DI's my attacks like that haha. i can now quit smash in peace :] hopefully we'll play again before brawl, don't disappear on us after SCC! teach ken a lesson one more time ;D ps: sweet tiburon. i am jealous.

cyrain/ether- great team, good stuff in tourney. glad perry and i got to run into you in tourney :p

sensei- wtf do you main? haha. sick marth =] keep practicing with m2k, it's definitely paying off. you're a whole lot better than what i remember from smashtality. :]

woz- your zelda is godly. come back down sometime with TSA! i'll let you use my tag without getting *****y this time hahaha >_>;;;

jon- i ***** your bowser. and when i say that, i mean i went basically even with it. LOL. its ok, i was sandbagging ;] did you like my shdl hahaha. i spent your $2 on mcdonald's the next day n_n yummm thanks jon LOL

l0zr- ..luigi? haha. nice fox and falcon. let's play again sometime when im not drinky drunky :] nice job repping NC this weekend, esp since 2percent, knorr, twig, and ali failed :p

anyone i'm forgetting- good matches

everyone i spoke to but didn't play- hope you guys had fun. great turnout. hope to play more people next time when im less discouraged and actually feel like playing ._. johnsjohnsjohnsjohnsjohns

nice stuff to OOSers + sova for coming all the way to c3. thanks greg and others who helped for running the tourney

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I usually don't give shoutouts, but the tournament was so hot and amazing that I can't help but do so.

Aho - Ran that tournament nicely. I wish I could use at mic when I host instead of yelling 90% of the time.

G-reg - Too amazing. Too bad C3 didn't have my gamecube.

Tope - Mods for life lawl

Chinesah - Brought on the rapeage. You rock hard.

Kaiser - We didn't get to hang out too much afterwards. Let's do it again another time.

Plank - I didn't get to see enough of you at the tournament. Let's friendly sometime.

kirbstir - Always a pleasure seeing you. My Marth sucks.

Chillin - Funny as hell as always. My Fox sucks.

Kiwi - Violent as always. Don't get all emo on smash. My Zelda sucks.

Eastlitree - Sorry I didn't give you my name. It's probably because I suck so much.

Scissiors Sir - We did pretty decently well. Yeah we were both pretty rusty, but I don't mind teaming again sometime in the future. It was good seeing you.

North Carolina peeps - You guys are amazing. Falcon dittos are always fun.

Midwest peeps - I didn't get to play a lot of CoK and that makes me sad. I did play some other people and had some amazing matches. Let's play again some time.

Chu - Thanks for housing the rest of the TSA peeps. Your hair couldn't be any spikier with the hair gel I gave ya.

Neo - The food was heavenly. I don't think we could have gotten such a better meal than that. Thanks for sharing with me.

M2K - Your feet smell. Show off that new stare I taught you.

TSA - We're so hot and amazing that we taste so good. We're also pretty awesome. I love you guys.

NJ People - Let's rock MD/VA again with our Falco power. Pew pew pew.

Street Fighter people - Thanks for shutting off the game in the middle of my tournament match with Kel. Go jump off a cliff with a boulder strapped to your back.

To everyone else I missed - Sorry I neglected to mention you.

Let's all frolic again sometime.

Sliq

Smash Master
good stuff in tourney, sliq. lmao brinstar, you homooo
Everyone's gay for PC Chris.

Brinstar is a gay stage, but will never be nowhere near as gay as Corneria.

Thanks for cheering for me in the finals. I always play better when I know people are watching my matches and cheering me on.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs time :
The peach player in my pool - WOW your mad good ... I was scared. xD
That peach player was me. Thank you very much for the compliment. Your fox was very technical and controlled, so I made my best effort. :D Same goes to Azen. Your ability to play this game is stunning and I hope to play you again soon.
It was good to see everyone in NoVa again even though I didn't make it out of pools. Chu, Eggm, and Pac-man on crack are too good. >_< This tournament sparked my love for this game again, and I can't wait for the next time I can make it up again. ^_^

JFox

Smash Hero
**** yo, chillin's Fox is serious. Steppin it up chillin, way to go. Keep doin your thing man.

Chinesah was on a rampage!

Jiano is a spacies killa.

Who is Eggm, and why did he do so good?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Man, this trip was too good. Pure awesomeness. I don't even know where to start.

Janet: Thanks for convincing me to go to this. I had a blast. NC will definitely be back again soon.

Aho and G-reg: Thanks for an awesome tourney. Major props, hopefully next time around there will be time enough for matches.

Everybody who commented on my controller: Thanks a bunch. I put a lot of work into that controller and I'm really happy others liked it so much. Seriously, anyone who wants a controller done for them, PM me about making you one.

Tope: Lots of fun hanging out at your place. Thanks for the ride and all. Good job on everything.

Savedge: So much Smash! Family Guy! Your Marth is crazy. *Overheard during teams:*
Random guy: Man, that sucked.
Chu or somebody: Who'd you lose to?
Random guy: Tope and some random Marth.
Chu?: >_> ...That's a good Marth dude.

C-stick: Awesome teaming with you man. Shame it took this long to get to know each other.

Other NC peeps: zOMG. What a blast. You guys are crazy as ever. Still disappointed in the misfortune of having to knock each other out of teams, but that's life I suppose. Pac thanks for putting up with me not planning the ride situation well. See you at MPJVI.

Chu: You are awesome. Your house is awesome. Our pools matches were probably some of the funnest I've had in a long time. I tricked you XD. You have to come to MPJVI.

Chillin: Old school, too good man. Buffalo wings < Chillin.

Azen: Awesome, as ever. Thanks for the match.

M2K: I'm still laughing over the match at Chu's. Thanks for beating my *** that badly.

WoZ: Pichu is too good.

Sensei: Bowser is too good (ALL ABOARD!!!). Bring the n64 next time ;)

Vist: Man this is like the 3rd time this year I've run into you. That's like more than all those other years combined. More old school, FTW.

Jedi and Rinku all those people I played on the back corner projector: Awesome matches guys, good stuff.

Everybody in my pool: Nice matches. Absolutely nothing against you guys when I say I wish I didn't suck so bad in tourneys, you were all really awesome.

You guys I played at Tope's biweekly: Fun fun matches. Really Sorry I don't remember who you were, I was so burned out on names by then and I was preoccupied with Smashing and the drive ahead. Good stuff yet, and I'll hopefully see you next time.

Burning a weekend to go play smash is probably my favorite thing to do anymore. Thanks to everybody who made it so much fun and worth the driving solo for 4 hours each way for a few hours of Smash. To anybody I don't remember talking to, it was genuinely a pleasure meeting/smashing with you, and I look forward to repeating the process again soon.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
HOY! This was amazing, for me. This being one of my first major tourneys, I got to see just how much I still have to learn. I love watching more than I play . . . lol I shouldn't do that. There's no shoutouts to specific people, but DAYUM you all are impressive as hell. I WILL see you all again, and I will make it a goal for everyone to know who I am. :laugh:

BTW, GO NC!

soap

Smash Hero
Biggy R is too good, i started crying from laughter in the library and it was akward

Watyy, watch your niples, cuz you know i will

Frenzie, waht a beast driving like 2 days without sleep.

drew, next time a fight starts with me in the backseat im beatin the **** out of both of you

Kiwi- watty was just tryin to make it rain, but he ended up making it hail by ballin up those singles

husbandwife-really fun set in pools, sorry about corneria i gotsto. come to ohio and we will play.

dksmash- i heard the name and then i fight a link? mindgames? no you still lost. i dont see how link does any better than dk against sheik. good set regardless

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
They didn't play out their match.
Torny was ****ing great but a let down at the end not being able to see the finals play\\\'d out... again...
yeah but top 3 didn't play out the finals, they split the pot.
- Yes, the top 3 did NOT play it out. they split the top 3 prize money and went on their way, claiming they "had to go". i tried my best to get them to play but to no avail. i'm really sorry @ the people who wanted to see them play, i also wouldn't have minded watching azen vs m2k, but they didn't. however, for all later C3's, there will be a rule that makes finishing all tournament matches mandatory. prize money WILL be withheld until every match has been played. so, when chu and chillin run off the stage 4 times and end the matches as quick as possible, you can direct your feelings toward them..
they asked me to split so i did cuz i didnt care, but we DID play it out at chus house, azen beat chillin all 3 with marth and i beat azen all 6 altho he used a different character each time

I'm REALLY p !ssed off about this. I would go as far as to disqualify players that do this, thus forfeiting their prize money. It would go to the next placing player.

1. Tournaments are about COMPETITION. This is about as anti competition as you can get. I don't see the Colts and Bears splitting the super bowl? Think federer just wants to "chop the pot"? Hell no. They play for the love of the game, and to be number 1.

2. These guys are literally robbing other smashers of their tourney experience. People came from 4-5 states away to play, knowing they won't WIN the tourney, but also to see the best smashers in the country face off. And they sold them out. The fix was on. It's all about the freaking money to them. I'd be ashamed of myself.

3. What, Chillen and Azen knew they had no chance against M2K, so they wanted to chop? M2K thought he just might lose, so he agreed? That's some weak, pansy crap right there. That's a slap in the face of sportsmanship, of competition, and the smash community.

By the way, anyone who paid up to 28$ to enter this tourney has a right to be ticked off at M2K, Chillen, and Azen for not playing the Finals out. I'm kinda sad that more people aren't.

I mean, what you do with your money AFTER the tourney is your **** business, but the games need to be played honestly. Be glad I'm not running the tourneys any more, b/c I would have banned players for doing this.

CStick

Smash Lord
I only have one specific shoutout aside from the guys I chilled with over the weekend at Tope's:

Jiano and Chinesah: PHUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!

kiwiii

Smash Lord
The way I was playing later that day, I didn't think I would lose, so I dunno why I did it.
'cause youre too nice.

and renegade, we're used to seeing top 2 or 3 or whatever split money and just **** around in the finals. it's nothing new at this point, that's probably why no one's really mad about what happened.

i got to see the finals though, yayuhz LOL azen is too good and still ***** the crap out of chillin. w0rd

Repryx

Smash Champion
I'm REALLY p !ssed off about this. I would go as far as to disqualify players that do this, thus forfeiting their prize money. It would go to the next placing player.

1. Tournaments are about COMPETITION. This is about as anti competition as you can get. I don't see the Colts and Bears splitting the super bowl? Think federer just wants to "chop the pot"? Hell no. They play for the love of the game, and to be number 1.

2. These guys are literally robbing other smashers of their tourney experience. People came from 4-5 states away to play, knowing they won't WIN the tourney, but also to see the best smashers in the country face off. And they sold them out. The fix was on. It's all about the freaking money to them. I'd be ashamed of myself.

3. What, Chillen and Azen knew they had no chance against M2K, so they wanted to chop? M2K thought he just might lose, so he agreed? That's some weak, pansy crap right there. That's a slap in the face of sportsmanship, of competition, and the smash community.

By the way, anyone who paid up to 28$ to enter this tourney has a right to be ticked off at M2K, Chillen, and Azen for not playing the Finals out. I'm kinda sad that more people aren't.

I mean, what you do with your money AFTER the tourney is your **** business, but the games need to be played honestly. Be glad I'm not running the tourneys any more, b/c I would have banned players for doing this.

This Means I will Be Getting better In order to Usurp Cash from others lolz IF that took effect and I HAD A RIDE *Once my Friend ICEE gets his Car I wont be having this problem*

Drephen

Smash Master
lol finals at some guy's house doesnt count, those are friendlies

finals at the tournament scene = tournament matches

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
No, I mean - we did finals. We didn't do friendlies.

We stopped playing, announced the finals, and played out with Azen vs M2K Winners Finals, then Azen vs Chillin Losers Finals, then Azen vs M2K Grand Finals.

aho43

Smash Lord
next time i'll withold prize money until the finals are played out. being tired, and worn out and/or having to play someone you play regularly/a friend in the finals isn't a good excuse to not play. i wasn't honestly paying attention to what was going on in the finals at the end of the tournament, just thought everyone was sorta playing out the tourney maches they were supposed to. so thats my fault, apologies to anyone who was dissapointed that they didn't get to see the finals.

If you plan on splitting the pot, you should still play it out.

Fonz

Smash Ace
No, I mean - we did finals. We didn't do friendlies.

We stopped playing, announced the finals, and played out with Azen vs M2K Winners Finals, then Azen vs Chillin Losers Finals, then Azen vs M2K Grand Finals.
Drephen said:
lol finals at some guy's house doesnt count, those are friendlies

finals at the tournament scene = tournament matches
Still applies.

I usually don't stay much after I get eliminated (well before the finals) but when I do stay and the finals aren't played out it is always disappointing. Best of 1 doesn't cut it for the first set of teams grand finals either. Would be nice not to see **** around characters in the finals either. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about that, but gaw ditto finals aren't what people came to see. It seems to me there is too much worrying about pride. If you don't try in the finals you don't lose, and the money is the same anyways.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Cat 3 finals were one of my coolest smash memories, I love finals it should happen more, what happened to players having to deal with pressure/trash talk of finals with everyone watching, and the whole room erupting during combos (aka the coolest part of smash)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
In all seriousness, people who are forced to play their finals knowing they're going to split anyway tend to just play around anyhow. I've seen Pichu dittos in Finals because the two finalists wanted to split but had to play. It's indeed a problem in spirit of the competition, but it's hard to find a way to have players take the games seriously unless one of the players decides to play honestly for that prize and refuse to split.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I remember there was an issue with one of the mlgs with that kind of thing woz. Nobody really makes a fuss when it happens at a local tourney, but maybe they should. I don't think it's too much to ask to give the crowd 3-10 matches with a good effort. I think tourney organizers are within their rights to deny payouts until real finals are played, with their best characters for the job.

*shrug*

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
If the top players don't want to give people a "show", then stop giving them the privilege of being seeded away from other top players

If they have to play each other early in a tourney, after a while it should get to them.

Just a thought.

Doesn't mean it has to happen...

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about *****ing about not making it out of pools. I was just really upset because it was my first tourney back and I wanted to do well.

Chinesah- Good playing you. We had a nasty set and the fox dittos were fun.

Hova- Hova is too good. Period.

Plank- You don't look half as homeless as you used to.

KM- **** son! Way to look goooood in da hooood.

Kaiser- Don't be so hard on yourself. You're still pretty.

Hat- SHEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIK! I owe you a marth sheik match.

PhillyBilly- Stupid three stock. I two stocked you twice though... that's like... a four stock... or something. I'm glad you finally made it out of pools.

Rest of TA- good seeing you. I'll be around.

By the way... my doc got too nasty for tv.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
It really is impossible to force finalists to go all out in finals if they don't feel like it and they know they can split. You also can't make splitting illegal. It's disappointing for some, but since they gained a top placing they get the leisure of taking it easy if they choose to. The only way it seems to prevent this from happening is:

1.) Seeding finalists that split in the same side of the bracket.
2.) Somebody getting good enough to place high enough to break up split pots from happening.

I mean, it's whatever. To some competitions are about the game; for others, its business. Get over it or get better.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I want to say that I disagree with all of you. Pro sports, for example, is a lot different from competitive gaming. The talent base is huge, for one thing. It's not really ever the same people all the time trying to win. There's always someone new who's never won before and needs to prove himself. Now I like a decent showing as much as the rest of you. But it's certainly not my right to demand that from anyone.

These pros have been on top since they arrived on the scene. There's nothing left to prove. They've already proved they can beat everybody, and they've already played the other finalist half a dozen times or more before in all likelihood. If the top players don't want to "put on a show" for everybody, why should they? How are you going to stop them? Oh right:

I think tourney organizers are within their rights to deny payouts until real finals are played, with their best characters for the job.
Sorry, but who are you to tell a tournament finalist what character they have to play as?

Nowhere in the rules does it say that Finals matches, or any matches for that matter, have to be "taken seriously" for the entertainment of the masses. If you guys wanna be ***** about **** like that, the by all means. Just don't get upset when pros get fed up and decide your tourney money isn't worth the hassle. Who'll come to your tournaments then?

Sliq

Smash Master

Quoted for motherfvcking truth. Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about it. I can't wait until I'm good enough to put a halt on this ****. Unfortunately, 9th ain't cutting it.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Quoted for motherfvcking truth. Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about it. I can't wait until I'm good enough to put a halt on this ****. Unfortunately, 9th ain't cutting it.
QFT, I'll try harder next time as well. xD

Repryx

Smash Champion
Just don't get upset when pros get fed up and decide your tourney money isn't worth the hassle. Who'll come to your tournaments then?
As well as people who realize they have a chance at winning once the pros arent there....

What you seem to fail to realize is that the people who are complaining are the Majority...No disrespect to the Pros but we dont come to see them we come to have fun, play good matches and see good matches...and possibly win some Money...(Im gonna be limited due to my lack of being at this tourney though) The Pros are not the game therfore while people are happy to see them they are not marketing tourneys....in short...Pros or not we are gonna get around the same turn-out if not more from someone who realizes that they have a chance at winning it all...Also...We can ***** about it as much as we want (not that I am) but I do however agree that the finals match should be played...Why? its the principal and respect to those who wanna view the pros up close and learn a thing or two....videos dont do people any justice as opposed to seeing it live...

and one more thing.......What Frozen said....

P.S.I wanna....whatever **** it

Kel

Smash Master
Well you could always just give the placers checks written out to them from the store or whatever. that way, if they want to split, they have to physically exchange cash amongst one another. Which can be annoying when the pot gets big.

Yeah and after you guys bring up some points, it does kind of suck to travel 9 hours away and not even see the finals.

Jiano should have just beaten Chillin again and ****ed with their plans. WAY TO DROP THE BALL JIANO!

Watty

Smash Lord
we left lol thank god i woulda been pissed

if u make em play it out though they will juss fake the match and u wont be able to tell, they will make lil mistakes or plan **** out and u really wont be able to tell.

ive learned to except that finals l be some what of a joke, and by that i mean either there gonna go some random characters or there gonna make it look like there trying but really there not.

I watch the matches getting to that point and even though i root for drephen cause hes in my crew i also root for him because he doesn't do that **** he plays to win so when he is going to a tourny where the best players will split he can disrupt that because he wont split with any1 no matter what, i root for other players who i know play to win

Eggm

Smash Hero
Kel thats a great idea, and yeah experiencing finals at a tournament is wayyyy different than watching vids of them, its truly fun/awesome.

Top Bottom