• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/22 C3 Results

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's resovled, but I have my two cents.

For one, the pros all know each other, so playing morem matches CAN get old late at night.

Two, If you just going to watch matches, we have Youtube. I think you don't really understand the pressure and tactics involved unless you're actually PLAYING a match.

And finally, seeding the pros past the first bracket just makes there be more people that could be getting 5th or 6th getting lower places, unless you put like, 5 pros in the place on a bracket, which wouldn't make anyone that much happier (to see their matches you'd have to miss your own).

Meh. Anyways, I agree with everyone saying Chinesah is awesome. And ignore everything I said. XD

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Especially since everyone but M2K, Azen, Chillin, and Jiano knew they were entering the tournament without a chance to win money.
'Cept for Chu. Man, you suck now, don't you?
I got money for 5th. :laugh:

Also, I know for a fact Mew2King still plays hard in most cases even if there is a split because he wants the recognition and cares about what other people think of him. Some top players have just lost that motivation.

It is great when the matches are played out, but those top players have earned their right to use the money however they want, which includes splitting.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
regardless of the past 4 pages of thread that i didn't read entirely, from now on:

PRIZE MONEY WILL BE WITHHELD UNTIL ALL MATCHES ARE COMPLETE.

"how hard" the players play is up to them, and cant be controlled. however, if there is obvious sabotaging of matches that i can see, i will shout at you, yell obscenities , and call you wieners. you will then be known as the "kings of wieners" for the rest of time, and i will start a massive chant of booooo's while you are playing. all competitive respect will be lost, and you'll have only your precious precious split money to comfort you at night.

Repryx

Smash Champion
regardless of the past 4 pages of thread that i didn't read entirely, from now on:

PRIZE MONEY WILL BE WITHHELD UNTIL ALL MATCHES ARE COMPLETE.

"how hard" the players play is up to them, and cant be controlled. however, if there is obvious sabotaging of matches that i can see, i will shout at you, yell obscenities , and call you wieners. you will then be known as the "kings of wieners" for the rest of time, and i will start a massive chant of booooo's while you are playing. all competitive respect will be lost, and you'll have only your precious precious split money to comfort you at night.
can you knee them too??? My Hero!

Watty

Smash Lord
this thread has some good info in it guys GG to u all for the good info

Kel

Smash Master
Man, I hope Yeroc and everyone else that's pro-splitting (as in for splitting to clarify) hasn't ever watched any tournament videos. Because that would make you a hipocrite....and smelly.

(I actually don't care that much. I split a couple times with friends when I won DDR tournaments. We still played out the matches for the glory and all but whatever.)

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Well...Be my guest..But final question....even though not all of us agree....is this "splitting thing" Resolved??? Can everyone accept what Aho is doing? Cuz its basically all we legally CAN do

Wuss

Smash Champion
nicely put direvulcan.

that's seems weird fats, how can he ban character matchups? That just seems strange, unless it's broken one way or the other.

Sliq

Smash Master
Next tournament I go to, I'm placing top 3 and not splitting ****. It's done. Peace out.

Top Bottom