• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20 Syracuse Smash tourney results

dudutsai

Smash Lord
After this tournament in order to appropriately celebrate his victory, Goggles ordered a special sandwich from the BK guys

altairian

Smash Lord
Then stop double posting!!1!11

lol jk

Don't worry, people aren't gonna dislike you for being proud of an accomplishment. You really have to try to be disliked for that to actually happen.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Don't worry, people aren't gonna dislike you for being proud of an accomplishment. You really have to be In ui for that to actually happen.

fixed for accuracy.

also, bcb, the only time you shouldnt brag about getting top 8 at a tourney, is when theres more people in the top 8 than not. be happy for yourself, just dont think it entitles you to anything but a more severe beatdown the next time you play us. lol

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Then stop double posting!!1!11

lol jk
xD I posted without quoting, it started a new page so I had to quote it and posted it but couldn't find out how to delete the first post. I changed the first post to something else...

Imma look harder up the MK - Wario matchup too. I'm never going Ness against Lucario ever again. D:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
xD I posted without quoting, it started a new page so I had to quote it and posted it but couldn't find out how to delete the first post. I changed the first post to something else...

Imma look harder up the MK - Wario matchup too. I'm never going Ness against KID ever again. D:

it doesnt matter what character you play, Im the only one that abuses grab releases on ness like that

Kantō

Smash Champion
me and scott vs. altarian and 1337 where some fun matches, def. my best played doubles match. sry guys haha

Sharky

Smash Master
I got a real nice gimp in doubles (and almost a few more) from grab releases, as well as a few team kills from them, but I'm Yoshi so I can do that =)

my shoutouts since I haven't posted them yet:

CJTHeroofTime: Team Robasaurus Rex for the win! We need to team up again sometime, minus the laser team kill =D. The gimps in singles I could do without, too, but nothing I can do there lol. I really really hope you can find a ride to the next cuse tourney.

Jesiah: GGs, and great seeing ya again. Hopefully next time we play I'll be in better tourney shape, with more (recent) practice. Hope to see you online sometime.

Goggles: Same to you about playing again with more practice on my belt. Also, keep meteor smashes in the game, save a chair next time. =D

1337-Zero: lovin the ness match-up. Grab-releases are awesome, hope you come back next time.

San: Ike is a beast!!! haha, I'll be practicing, the syracuse yoshi won't be such a pushover next time, I promise. =D

Bry: awesome tourney, I loved the venue. =D I hope for your sake you can manage to get a lower price for it, next time.

Al: practice, practice, practice! You'll get to a good level, eventually, just make sure to think more in your matches, and mix stuff up.

Scott: stop killing yourself =P

Altarian: Great guy, nice to play with you. Major props for giving so many people rides. I hope you can make the trip again.

Cura: amazing smashfest, and equally amazing IC's. I need to come over there some more and get some practice for next time.

Eevee: great peach, I beat on you for a while when we first played each other but you caught on to me after a while and made for some great fights, I love that match-up =D.

piedisliker: I never played you, who were you?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sharky's shoutouts make me feel better for waiting this long, too =)

I'll update after I get out of classes today.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo sharky, piedisliker = bcb, he was that really small meek kid that played wario and ness and I GR CGd him to hell and back on halberd

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
@SHARKY: You see why I hate the Yoshi MU?

Was Cura grab releasing me? And Goggles does it as a scare tactic, 'cuz I usually sidestep it then eat an f-smash.

Edit: I mention his name, and he posts

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i actually wasnt doing it to make you spotdodge. I was f smashing because I had to adapt to the fact that my timing was off and I couldnt actually get the regrab right.

It was pissing me off thoroughly

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Sharky, yeah I never brawled you. I was the second youngest kid there, the youngest being my friend that came with me. I was that scrawny Wario player.

...I'm not sure if name changing is possible on this site, and made this my username on the site before I had an official tag.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
@bcb at 44 posts, you might as well make a new account lol.

@sharky Yeah, we should team again sometime. We need to work on our 2v1, i feel like we're having more trouble than we should be.

@san dont worry about late shoutouts, we're still waiting on the other 20 people that were on the attendance list.... oh wait

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
someone accidently took home our white surge protector. Let me know if u have it! I want it back!

Edit: 200th post!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol i did get *****! However, i didnt get jv 5 stocked by sleepyK though </3 .

I do miss SoVa . The smash scene down here is fun thoug better players 2.

Sharky

Smash Master
CJT: yeah, that did become an issue. We just need to work on responding to each other faster.

Pie: alright, we need to play next time, then. =)

1337: Sorry. =P

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I do miss SoVa . The smash scene down here is fun thoug better players 2.
that is 100% EXACTLY how I feel about living in Georgia now! I really do miss my SoVa peoples but wow I'm smack dab in the middle of THE Georgia Melee scene and it's pretty amazing. So many good players [Chaddd, Fullmetal, SleepyK, PBnJ, Lambchops, XIF, Cornell, Dogysamich, S0FT...ridiculous @_@]

Lol i did get *****! However, i didnt get jv 5 stocked by sleepyK though </3 .
LOLLLL **** YOUUUU!!!! Hey man I don't know how to use Ganon at all, and SleepyK has a lot of Chaddd practice in the ditto ;_____; I also didn't realize I was getting JV5-ed until it was too late...the same goes for when I found out how little priority Ganon's DownB has in the air vs. Ganon's own aerials...that was heartbreaking :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wizkick loses to aerials hard.

^ is a ganon main

how the hell do you get jv-5 stocked in ganon dittos, i played melee for like the first time in almost a year against kage in ganon dittoes and he still didnt jv-5 me, GD get wrecked...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
haha like I've said before, I don't use Ganon EVER and don't know **** about him, esp with regard to priority, and I don't know his lcancel timing for certain moves, plus it was a friendly so I wasn't too focused on getting at least one hit, was just trying to learn the character. the problem was that SleepyK is really **** good at them so as soon as he got in, it was 0-death :(

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Toasty: HIYA TOASTY!! I MISS YOU AND YOUR BASS-Y VOICE! I MISS SOVA TOO! PEOPLE WERE SO FUNNY THERE!

Which is not at all an implication of any kind on Syracuse. <3 I love it here, too.

Bry: Yes, we definitely had some fun on teams. Tell your girlfriend to play so i'm not stuck in sausage fest, please. :D
CJT: you know, I'm never going to figure that out. Those noodle-legs. But for the life of me, I can't ever stop laughing about the zubat. Seriously. Hahahaha. I don't think of Diglet's the same, either.
Sharky: Oh, your Yoshi. >:O Gr. Hahaha, I've never met a really good Yoshi. :D
Kid: You're so meaaan. Hahaha. The chair.
Pikapika: Ohhh, don't be so upset! You're good! Many people can't place high, like you, even if they try. so be happy. There's always more tourneys. c:
San: You are so humble, and such a nice person. I never hear any trash talk from you, which is good. Smashers are mean sometimes. c:
Alt: Yes, every smash fest = 10k matches of you and me. hahaha.

It just occurred to me that many of the very good smashers in NY are black. I'm not sure what that represents. i'm just stating an observation.

Awesome tourney, bryy. For realio, I can't wait for the next one. c:

Kantō

Smash Champion
my next tourney estimate date will be november 7th. i hope its not to cold by then, but the venue does have good heat. however im not sure yet. i will be calling the venue after buffalo tourney to get a confirmed date .

Top Bottom