• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/06/2008 GIGABITS - Back to the Brawling!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
i like surprises.

I should have looked in the future to know to go to Pound 3...

O wait.

I had school the next morning.

Money/time johns.

Sigh.

I'd like to stop being jealous of mango.

Is Ohana the next OOS Melee?

Cuz brawl - i wont travel for brawl.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Calm down...you people get like 2 brawl tourneys a week...who cares if there isn't a brawl gigs every month!!!

:colorful:
no brawl tourneys compare to gigs...gigs is like the filet minion (spelling?) while other tourneys are double cheeseburgers

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
yea the pot **** is pretty bad. And to be honest one of the worst venues ive been too (the worst would be that comic shop seibrik used to host at) The only reason I even attend any gigs is to see friends from up north.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah most def besides for Sub Zero(which got closed down and he only used cause fun depot was under construction) will hosts the best **** tourney's. What venue so far has beat WiLLvolution?

Although, ZP was THE worst. At least the one I went to.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
HK was a good venue, although badly run.

No johns.

Inet was a venue here in kissimmee -

lots of room, great atmosphere, very clean, bathrooms, auto-setups, etc.

It might come back.

Plus, my church across the street might be open as a venue.

about 200 could fit.

Laijin

Smash Hero
MLG already added brawl through gamebattles.com
lets not start having MLG National Tournaments now. Oh gawd no. :[
Instead, MLG should invest their money elsewhere like Guilty Gear or Street Fighter. Ya know..a good fighting game.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
wow ur goin to count gamebattles? gb is a joke thanks to wifi quality (especially the snakes on there...lol...). im talkin national tournaments at a sexy venue and why not invest their money in brawl when they have alrdy invested in stupid games like WoW and R6V2

but seriously lets stay on topic now thats what were tryin to do on the atlantic south threads arent we guys? so how bet them gigs? boy do they taste good.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The main thing about Gigs is the fact that the hosts are so cool about everything. Really, really chill. HK is gay

This is why I'm excited about the new gigabits. : )

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Gigs TO is ok but not being able to switch me and icekid playing FIRST round when I play him most got me.

If you were there cash then I prolly saw you/played you.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Oh well HK was a rip, they wanted 2 bucks for a slice of pizza. At gigs I can walk next door and get a whole pizza for 4 bucks, sure it's a small @** pizza but hey it's delicious none the less.

Finch

Smash Lord
$2 for a fairly big slice of pizza really isn't that bad. Obviously it's gonna be a bad deal if you're buying by the slice, but that's your problem for needing to buy it. I work at a movie theatre and everyone who comes through complains about our stupidly expensive food and I just want to tell everyone they're ******** for buying it. If no one bought a $4 bag of m&ms or a $5 small popcorn then the price tag would go down really fast, but instead everyone just complains then buys it anyway. Americans are so stupid.

</random rant>

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Back in NY they had this Chinese dollar store, and when we went in groups we made sure to have all of the girls hold stuff in their purses and stuff. So we stocked up on dollar candy. Dollar sodas and stuff. Good times.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
i love how easily we slip from the main topic lol.

i dont buy anything cuz nothing is worth it. i just starve and such. oh and lolz at mooney hanging out with girls sry but its fun to pick on u no hard feelings :p

Gindler

Smash Champion
I have never bought anything from the theater (well not for myself, going with people that NEED something when we get there sucks). I do like these random tangents that the threads always seem to lead into.

Top Bottom