• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/2008 GIGABITS - Bawling for a Brawling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Hmmm, well if I'm going I'll be sure to bring a television. It won't be the fanciest television in the world but hey it has a screen and video/audio plugs so it'll get the job done.
At least its something man. I just think its a shame we have so many new people and they dont contribute to anything.:ohwell: its like leave it to the melee players to do it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
A big reason newer people don't contribute, is because there's nothing in it for them.

If gigs gave some bonus to players who brought TV's, there'd be like 50 tvs, 75 wiis, and 128 happy people in the building.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
And by bonus I mean like $3 off entry for someone who brings a wii + Brawl + tv.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
A big reason newer people don't contribute, is because there's nothing in it for them.

If gigs gave some bonus to players who brought TV's, there'd be like 50 tvs, 75 wiis, and 128 happy people in the building.
Truu. i guess making things move faster isnt enough.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The dates should not switch on this one. Especially since Linguini, who most recently posted about it, is hosting a Melee tourney the weekend after this. Central FL has had the largest Brawl scene that I've heard about, and it has been a while since we had a Brawl tournament here...so it should stay the same.

The second gigs should change its date to a week or so later due to FAST...other than that, keep them the same events.

Also, I always bring a Wii now, but I can't really move my tv.. : /
but you're right...people need to bring setups... like, that's not really all that much to ask from players. when we have 128 players and 10 tvs...something's wrong.

Zoro

Smash Champion
WATO always brings 1-4 tvs

next time if we are the only people that bring tvs again we m ight not bring them in
Just to teach people to stop being pricks.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
My TV is extremely large and expensive, so sorry my parents are rich and I don't feel like lugging around my big *** TV that cost way too much.

I also don't own a Wii. (See: Seibrik's guide to why girls aren't good at smash)

Zoro

Smash Champion
My TV is extremely large and expensive, so sorry my parents are rich and I don't feel like lugging around my big *** TV that cost way too much.

I also don't own a Wii. (See: Seibrik's guide to why girls aren't good at smash)
and im sure 120 other people have big *** tvs and rich parents

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
wow gingerr... good job finding a way to shamelessly brag in this discussion. haha

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yeah Zoro don't bring your T.V.s Maybe it's just a Melee thing to be courteous and bring a T.V. if you have room, and it's a Brawl thing to bring absolutely nothing but complaints. People don't realize that on top of the hosts efforts to hold a tourney, that's only 50% of all that's actually required. The other 50% is dependable on the community and their courteousness and efforts to bringing set-ups and T.V.s. If you're logical and have enough common sense to realize that you can contribute to a smoother and more efficient tourney and you have room in your vehicle, bring a set-up.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I think people are just being lazy expecting others to do things for them. i say screw it. Im sure not everyone has a super ober large tv in there house. Id lik to actually leave gigs like around 9 like it used to be. that way i can eat Denny's with my crew. Go WATO! =)

Finch

Smash Lord
If you have a huge TV in your house already just go buy a tiny ****ty one at a thrift store (or find a tiny awesome one for free like me). ;) If you don't bring a TV please don't ever complain about the tournament running slowly. The amount of TVs at the last gigs was just stupid.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Let it be known that I appreciate everyone that brings any contribution to a setup or setups to any tournament, but some of you guys are making it out like anyone who doesn't contribute is lazy or just a bad person... This isn't really true. :( Coming from Jacksonville is already burden enough and usually leaves everyone from my crew already crammed together into as few vehicles as possible with very little room for anything but us...

I'm glad that Palm Coast can contribute this time around. Nobody lives in Palm Coast! I'll be in Tavares this time around so I'll probably bring a setup (or at least a TV because my Wii's been acting weird lately). Smashfest the night before at my place, Fearless and Lotto (get off work, brah)? ;)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Doodah, serious question, i rly im curious.

Was Guilty Gear as hard/complex w.e. as it is now as it was wen it came out? like did it start off with all those ATs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom