• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/2008 GIGABITS - Bawling for a Brawling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i think rx- is right. a melee only tourney at this point would be kinda small i think. i would still go though. but then again, i disagree with holding it on a brawl date, it would mean the brawl tournaments ends so late. also, 75% of the people there would just be standing around waiting for melee to end.

-hiro

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I don't want to get on anyone's bad side, and I'm not trying to prevent a Melee tournament.

I love Melee, and I think it's the greater of the two games.

I am simply trying to reason out the best way to have a Melee tourney with the highest possible attendance.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
When I get my Apartment, I might occasionally hold tournaments that are:

Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles.

Which is IMO the best of both worlds.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
When I get my Apartment, I might occasionally hold tournaments that are:

Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles.

Which is IMO the best of both worlds.
Wow Rx, I agree with this BIG TIME! Dude, I would be willing to make that trip just for that. Glad to see Brawl doubles getting some respect. But Melee singles is far better than Brawl singles.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
64 is a great game, but too broken for me.

I might try leaving some other competitive games up during my tournaments to see if anyone likes them.

Finch

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure if gigs had a melee tournament it would get a pretty respectable attendance considering every melee player in FL would try to go to it.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Not if it was the same day as a brawl tourney!!!

Pretty much all the best players minus hungrybox went...plus a few others, but it still only had like 8 teams or so and 17 entrants!!!

:colorful:
What tournament?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Anytime anyday son. ima eat you alive like I do online. Ima break your back *** you in the azz and make you humble. Time to destroy that ego feedin of your beard.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Anytime anyday son. ima eat you alive like I do online. Ima break your back *** you in the azz and make you humble. Time to destroy that ego feedin of your beard.
At least his ego isn't feeding off of his afro like some people. *wink wink nudge nudge*

:laugh: much love

Zoro

Smash Champion
ive been tellin some people that they should try playin SF4 with me after it comes out

i at least want to try it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im guaranteed buying SF4 when it comes out...360 version though

although not much is known overall, i like c. viper's moves the most so far, besides classic ryu of course

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Yo man seriously. People should bring tv's this time. What do you think would happen if no one decided tp bring anything? An completely worthless drive to gigs. Plus making things go by faster isso much better than being at gigs so late. The last time i went to denny's after gigs was the last melee torny there. =(

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, well if I'm going I'll be sure to bring a television. It won't be the fanciest television in the world but hey it has a screen and video/audio plugs so it'll get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom