• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
POSTPONED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

Blue Text = General Information
Green Text = Money Related
Yellow Text = Rules
Orange Text = Contact Information
Violet Text = Housing Information/Parking

I'm excited for the third of the the Enter the Fray! series, and the first to be Brawl-centric.

The event is being held at 13729 Chillicothe Rd. Novelty, Ohio 44072. This is my house, and there will be about 10 set ups (PLUS HOWEVER MANY YOU BRING!) . It will be an all-day event, and there will most likely(venue fee will pay for the provided food, as I can no longer get my sweet discount) be hotdogs, burgers, and grilled chicken available, as well as beverages. The pool will be open for down time between matches and whatnot. Of course the tournament brackets will be arranged with Tio.

We are expecting 40+ for the tournament thus far.

Brawl Doubles will go first and will start at 12:00 PM, followed by Brawl Singles. The event will go on through the night for anyone wishing to stay.

Post so we know who is coming, but registration will be done the day of.

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=etf3mapzy7.jpg <--Look here for advice on how to avoid Mayfield traffic, whether you are staying there, or jsut passing through, you DO NOT want to miss that info.

Housing and Parking will be interesting. With people parking on my lawn and in my drive way, we can fit upwards of about 15-20 cars on site, as well as parking the rest along the street in the neighborhood immediately across the road from me. It's a good area, so you don't need to worry about the safety of your car in this neighborhood. Housing is one of the more fickle issues. Locals will most likely opt to go home when the official tournament is over, but of course there will be some out of staters who will want to spend the night. You are encouraged to, at the very least, bring a sleeping bag. The very least we can guarantee is some floor space to sleep, or some couch space. I'm trying to amass as many tents as I can from friends and such so we can use the whole yard for housing, and if you bring a tent or something you guarantee yourself a place to stay. Also, I will link you to the major hotels in the area, all of which are at most a 25 minute drive. I suggest searching for hotels in Mentor, however searching Mayfield will be fine, jsut be warned that there is construction going on on the main road, so I would advise anyone staying in a Mayfield location contact me personally I can explain a much easier way to get to my house and avoid the congestion. Of course I will provide as much food as I can afford, however right up the street there is Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, a KFC/Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, as well as various restaurants. I know Aaryk mentioned he can house people as a last ditch effort, but I'd like to shoulder most of the burden there.

Venue Fee=5
Singles=10
Doubles=20 per team(10 per person)
15% of the overall entry will go towards the Brawl Midwest Circuit Championship
5 dollar venue fee will pay for food and such
Everything else will be redistributed back into the pot.

PM me or IM me on AIM at WGWOLVERINE
Skype at WGWOLVERINE
Email or MSN at westgwolverine7@yahoo.com

All standard rules, 1 stage strike per player/team. 3 stock, 8 minutes.
There will be pools as the projected attendance is decently high, so everyone is guaranteed matches. Double elimination, best of 3 in elimination rounds, best of 5 for finals. I have never had a problem with players stalling out matches, and to be honest, you are only ruining your reputation if you do so, so don't make it an issue. lol after rethinking the prior statement, I say whatever, welcome to Brawl, banning camping and stalling would be like banning the wavedashing in melee XD

STAGES

Neutral
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville

Counter Pick
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Halberd
  • Castle Siege
  • Norfair
  • Mansion
  • Rainbow Cruise [melee]
  • Green Greens [melee]
  • Pokemon Stadium [melee]
  • Brinstar [melee]
  • Jungle Japes [melee]
  • Yoshi's Island [melee]

All else are BANNED unless agreed upon by opponents.
Please discuss the stages some more! Unless we get more discussion, this will be the list!

Discuss, tell me if you can bring a setup.

Aside from about 30 locals, the following players have voiced interest
Cecilanius
Vidjo plus 3
Vayseth
Rofa
Kel
RDK
Mr.Wigz
Overswarm
Slartibartfast
King Yoshi
Haze378
Metric
Konflyk
Masterbraz
Aaryk
ithrowthings
master wgs
(jkk)
deeboe
staindgray
cbsully
QUIVO
argent stew
IMPP
danoh
IvoYaridovich
Blood Hawk
Slither
TheBlueBlade
MegaChuk
Big C
KishSquared

NOTE: This is not the preregistration form, nor is it a necessary requirement for your name to be added. It's more of a running tally, as I've gotten many more than this, it's jsut become extremely tedious reupdating it.

Metric

Smash Cadet
This sounds good, it would be very helpful if anyone near Strongsville could let me hitch a ride and I could drop 'em like 5 bucks for gas.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wow, this seems pretty awesome. BBQ and smash? I'm in. Is it going to be a $10 entry or what? Gas is gonna be like $4 a gallon pretty soon, I'd like to make it worth the trip...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'll edit in more of the important stuff like that, rules will be up this weekend, and open to a degree of debate as far as stages go.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
glad to see ohio gettin its act together. ill be there

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Oh I knew you were nearby, but I didn't expect as close as Orange, I go to West G.
I just guaranteed the BBQ aspect of this. There will be complementary food, drink, and access to the pool lol.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
NOOOOIIIIICCCEE DOOD

I will be there as always. Expect from me a setup, food, and unlimited help with the planning.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
free bbq and pool!!!!!!!!!!

I'm free so count me in as long as i can get jkk to drive me. Or anyone else want to give me a ride please? I live in medina . It's on pearl rd and near rt 18.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I should be able to make it. Lots of advance notice so I should be able to bring a couple people as well. I may have room in my car for 1 or 2 more. I live in akron so if you need a ride PM me.

Haze378

Smash Apprentice
WGWOLVERINE, are there any hotels around your area? My friend and I will most likely be spending the night since it's around a 5+ hour drive for us. [For the night before the tournament]

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Ok guys, i'm confirmed now. I'll probably be bringing 1 or 2 people from my crew and probably drive someone else up there if there's room in my car.

I'll also be bringing my Sonic so throw some chili dogs on the grill:laugh:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
WGWOLVERINE, are there any hotels around your area? My friend and I will most likely be spending the night since it's around a 5+ hour drive for us. [For the night before the tournament]
I'll look into it for you.
If it was the night of you could probably just stay here, but I'll see what I can find for you for the day before.

Haze378

Smash Apprentice
I'll look into it for you.
If it was the night of you could probably just stay here, but I'll see what I can find for you for the day before.
Alright thanks man. Yeah we plan to stay the night at your place the day of the tournament, but we just need a place for the night before.

King~

Smash Champion
I'm tryin to get into the tournament scene so i would like to attend this

it dosent seem to far from twinsburg so i could probly make it, i would be able to bring a setup if necessary

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm tryin to get into the tournament scene so i would like to attend this

it dosent seem to far from twinsburg so i could probly make it, i would be able to bring a setup if necessary
yeah twinsburg isnt far at all, we'll be glad to take you tournament virginity lol.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I'll see if I can make it. You have had 2 of these before for melee? I hate myself for not noticing this board untill Brawl became the tourney standard. It seems I learned all those advanced techs for naught. Oh well, I hope I can get in some melee friendlies.

If my wii is working by then I will bring a setup.

Natureslayer

Smash Cadet
I may come to this if I have enough time or enough gas money. If anyone can pick me up in Marion on the way (If your from Columbus this is on your way and I would not be adverse to meeting you somewhere), that would be helpful... Also, I would willing chip in for gas money to come to this.

Natureslayer

Smash Cadet
Oh, and if anyone can help me on this, I can be found on AIM usually by the name Natureslayer2. If I am aware, unless I am idle, I am there.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm trying to get this picked up as a stop for the Midwest Circuit, if so, the venue may change, but the BBQ will still be provided. The venue would be within like 3-5 minutes driving distance from my house.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I went and spoke with the administration over at the church earlier today and they said they'd be glad to have us if my house proves to be too small. We're set either way.

Danoh

Smash Rookie
Depending on things, I might be able to make it. Is there anyone in the Brunswick/Medina area heading to this tournament? I don't have a car of my own yet, so if I can catch a ride with someone, that'd be awesome.

If not, I could try to arrange to be at my dad's, who lives in the Willoughby/Mentor area. If you live near either of these areas and can help me out, PM me please. I'll pitch in for gas and whatnot.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
i believe masterbraz and (jkk) are in the medina area. hell, if you're in mentor that day I could pick you up.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, I see that it's definitely pretty close to where I live. About a 30 minute drive if I were actually able to drive (17 FTL and overall laziness). I'm pretty sure I could get a ride though from a friend of mine, I'll have to see. In the meantime, if anyone lives in the Cleveland Heights area or is heading in that direction, could I get a ride with you? (IF my friend can't drive me there).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel...5572544102008&amp;pathIndicator=HOTEL_REGULAR

if you guys stay at the hotel in mayfield i can pick you up, there is construction going on there and i know all the ways around it. mayfield is pretty close, and in mentor there's a comfort inn and thats like a 15 minute drive, but it's straight down the road from where i am. basically anything in mentor or mayfield would be your best bet in terms of relative closeness.

-for haze

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
I think I could probably make this. It's about an hour away from me, but unless my supervisor hijacks my weekend for work at the last minute again I don't see any foreseeable problems with making it. Would be nice to do an in person instead of online tournament for once. Seems like almost every in person tournament is during my working hours -.- God I hate second shift.

How late do these usually last though? Be nice to know ahead of time if I'll be driving home at 7pm or 2am.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
really depends on attendance, but in the best case scenario, we should be completely done with everything planned by like 9 or 10, but my house is going to be free to those who want to spend the night, and we're also probably going to put out some tents if we run out of room, because it looks like more people may be spending the night than i had anticipated.

make sure you tell me ahead of time if you either need to spend the night here, or if you need help finding hotels or anything. And as parking piles up, we're going to have some people park up the road and shuttle people back to my place.

as my place is going to be overall more accomodating than the church.

BBQ SON!

King~

Smash Champion
is anybody able to get me from twinsburg cause i might not be able to dive anymore after this week(got my liscence suspended:()

but im not 100% sure on that yet ill let you know the closer the date gets

Revven

FrankerZ
Doesn't sound like I'll be able to get there at this point. I just called my friend and he said that it's a bit far for him to go just for a tournament. So, I'm pretty positive my mother won't give me a ride either (gas prices fail) so... it doesn't sound like I'll be going unless I'm able to get a ride from someone who's willing to pick me up on the way there. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom