• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Fear, don't you still have my sensor bar from Big C's tournament since SDM was a **** and stole mine?
Wow lame. I thought this got sorted out. I mailed it to the address you gave me about 3 days after you PMed me. You really don't have it? Shoot me a PM and we can figure something out. I don't know why it didn't get to you. USPS johns.

Sliq

Smash Master
Wow lame. I thought this got sorted out. I mailed it to the address you gave me about 3 days after you PMed me. You really don't have it? Shoot me a PM and we can figure something out. I don't know why it didn't get to you. USPS johns.
I never recieved it. ****ing postal service. ****ing Super Doodle Twat

The only way I would have recieved it and not known is if somehow it arrived after I left for NY, and Kel just never mentioned it to me.

Kel, did I get any packages or anything?

Kel

Smash Master
Actually, I think you did. It's in a yellow package that arrived shortly after you left for NY. It's been on top of the microwave ever since (along with anything else you might have received [no other packages though]). It just occurred to me that this package is most likely your sensor bar. It's hard to tell because of how it's packaged, and you know how I am about not opening others' things/ privacy matters.

Conclusion: Sliq's sensor bar is at his apartment in Cincinnati.

P.S. I'll open it to be sure if you want me to do so.

Sliq

Smash Master
Actually, I think you did. It's in a yellow package that arrived shortly after you left for NY. It's been on top of the microwave ever since (along with anything else you might have received [no other packages though]). It just occurred to me that this package is most likely your sensor bar. It's hard to tell because of how it's packaged, and you know how I am about not opening others' things/ privacy matters.

Conclusion: Sliq's sensor bar is at his apartment in Cincinnati.

P.S. I'll open it to be sure if you want me to do so.
You ass!

Yeah, open it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm probably a solid 98% fine with this being a circuit event Kel, I'm getting surgery on the 5th which was much earlier than i had anticipated, but its not a big deal at all, and unless i have to have my arm amputated, things will go forward as planned.

Sliq

Smash Master
It looks like I might not be going to this. I might be going to a huge 2 day Melee event in Georgia.

It depends on whether or not I have a ride to it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah RDK was pressuring me to come with him to that tournament, too late for me to cancel on everyone though so I'll still be holding this.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Man, I'm so pumped for this tournament.

Off topic whoring of my own tournament: I'm holding a tournament at my friend's house on the 24th in Akron. If anyone needs a ride to the tournament I will be able to transport from Cleveland and it's surrounding areas to and from the tournament. PLEASE JOIN I need a couple more people to make this thing worthwhile

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169281

whoring over.

Also, Is this thing gonna be at the church or your house? I kinda got the impression it was gonna be at the church then the people that wanted to stay were going to your house.

Natureslayer

Smash Cadet
Hey. I'm want to come, but I'll need a ride. If anyone could pick me up on the way, I live in Marion, about 45 minutes due north of Columbus. I'd be willing to help drive and/or, more importantly, help pay for gas. Also, I'm looking for a doubles partner. Just PM me here or check me out on AIM as Natureslayer2.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I have some new recording equipment that I've been working with to record my games... I'm still kinda figuring out how to get everything going correctly (sound was a problem and it's just a matter of setting the brightness/contrast/whatever) but if ya want I can bring my stuff to record some of the tourney matches...

I record everything straight to my laptop with up to DVD picture quality... I have samples of some of my games on YouTube if ya wanna see them... Of course, those are WMVs and the quality is further downgraded thanks to YouTube... :/

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've told a few people that I'm getting surgery on my hand the 5th (thursday prior to), and I CAN hold it June 7th still, but it would make a gigantic differences if we could hold it a week later. As long as it doesn't majorly **** anyone over, I would like to post pone one week till Saturday, June 14th.

However if it inconveniences too many people coming from out of state, the only differences will probably be that I won't be able to play or do much because I'll be med'd up, and have an awkward cast on my left hand (no johns).

Let me know what you think.

Sliq

Smash Master
I've told a few people that I'm getting surgery on my hand the 5th (thursday prior to), and I CAN hold it June 7th still, but it would make a gigantic differences if we could hold it a week later. As long as it doesn't majorly **** anyone over, I would like to post pone one week till Saturday, June 14th.

However if it inconveniences too many people coming from out of state, the only differences will probably be that I won't be able to play or do much because I'll be med'd up, and have an awkward cast on my left hand (no johns).

Let me know what you think.
I'm all down for you postponing it, as I'm not able to go since I'm going to Georgia instead of this one, so if you moved it, I could go to both.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
It may be for me since I have my cousins grad party in Chicago on that day, and I am supposed to be bringing 4 other people (Iggy, Blood Hawk, Jekyll, Izmo). I'll be seeing if I have to go to this grad party anyway.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
There's also a melee tourney in Chicago the 14th. I really don't know how big it'll be but it could detract. I know Eggz was thinking of sticking around for the week after the Georgia tourney and going to it.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I already called off work for this date, but I should be able to move it back a Saturday if next weeks schedule isn't up yet. The sooner I know the actual date of the tournament, the better.

Izmo

Smash Cadet
I don't know about others besides Blood Hawk, but I'm all for you postponing it, just for the fact that running tournaments is stressful enough without being on meds and not even getting friendlies in.

Though maybe the meds would help :p

Either way, I think you should make sure you're taken care of :D

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
good old ppl ditchin a brawl event for a melee event ahhh it's just refreshing to see ppl's priorities in the right place.
Still haven't gotten over it yet, eh? lol.

Besides, I'm not goin to the Melee event, if that is what's being implied.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
A date change might be inconvenient for me... I have family coming into town, but I can't remember what day they're coming at the moment... :/

BIG C

Smash Master
Still haven't gotten over it yet, eh? lol.

Besides, I'm not goin to the Melee event, if that is what's being implied.
there's nothing to get over I mean everyone totally knows melee is the better competitive game ppl play brawl because it's new, refreshing, or because they got tired of suckin at melee and I was never too good at melee but I'd rather get my *** handed to me in that game than play the Brawl for like 5 yrs.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make it if you postpone it a week. I shall be in FL. However, if it majorly helps you all out, I'm willing to take one for the team.

*siiiiiiiiigh*

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
Wouldn't be much fun to see the host sitting back and watching everyone else play. I'd feel bad =/ I have no qualms with you pushing it back a week.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
In light of everyones comments on the matter, I am going to assume this is being pushed back a week and will make the necessary arrangements while I can. So as of right now, I am all for it being pushed back a week.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I would have to cancel family plans and it might be a small problem. I'm also driving 3 people from the boards and 2 people from my hometown. I should be able to cancel the family plans though so no real problem delaying it a week.

Kel

Smash Master
I think the real problem is that people need to request the date off of work. Pushing the date back only a week doesn't give people too much time to plan ahead. My work is pretty cool so I'll still probably get the date off if it was a week later, but some might not.

Just remember, that it's YOUR tournament, and what's more is that it's YOUR house. Running a tournament is a big responsibility, much less when it's at a private residence that will be filled with tons of people whom you don't know. So your health is the first thing to consider, Wolverine.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I agree with what Kel said. Don't neglect your own needs just to get the tournament hosted one weekend when you can easily move it to the next.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I agree and everything but... I'll need to know asap which weekend it will be so I can make plans. I would prefer the 7th but if it's the 14th I'll see what I can do.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
I agree with what Kel said. Don't neglect your own needs just to get the tournament hosted one weekend when you can easily move it to the next.
I'd honestly prefer the 14th anyways...besides, it really is far more important to take care of your needs over bringing the tournament sooner...lemme know what you decide on but i personally vote for pushing it back

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Just got off of work for the 13th-14th and am now working the 6th-7th. It was early enough in advance that it was no problem. ^.^

Take it easy Wolverine, I hope that the surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.. ;)

Sliq

Smash Master
Officially the 14th. Thank you to those who are understanding, and all apologies to those who are inconvenienced.
Yeahyuzzz, I can go to this ****. Boosh!

This is going to be embarrassing when a Ganondorf wins this.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It'll be slick. I'm probably going to be wicked woozy the first couple days, but my hand will be better. No more jacked up fingers johns.

MM's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom