• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/17 GIGABITS - May I have another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well, it shouldnt be a suprise. the large majority of those who are active on these forums like melee > brawl.

btw, i like melee, but i suck *** compared to all those who played competitively, so +1 brawl (not like it matters. gigs will probably be cool enough and do both)

GDX - you were sandbagging hardcore before our match and i took it easy on you in brackets at first.. you really made me have to step it up
lol, you said i made you have to step it up, and i was playing sonic....but yea, I find sonic really fun so i like using him in friendlies. I really was trying my best to beat you while i was playing him though...and besides, you were playing capt. falcon, so you dont have room to talk! lol

I want to play you some more in friendlies though. and just so you know, you scared the crap out of me at jacon. didnt expect to see you there XD

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
+50 for brawl. i dont want to go back. as bad as i was in melee, im even worse now...SOOOOOOOO RUSTY. i just cant move in that game anymore. im having too much fun with brawl.

me and hbox **** in teams. i seriously have a completey different playstyle in teams than singles. we got 3rd and finally got money from brawl. so im happy.

after doubles, THIS WAS THE WORST GIGS EVER FOR ME!!!! i hated every second after doubles. I GOT OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt play smash for 6 hours cuz i lost every ounce of will to play this game. i just stood around cuz i had to wait for my team to finish up. i was already in a horrible mood, and then when i finally go to leave, i have a fvcking flat tire. so i had to wait another 2 hours to resolve the situation. this was a horrible experience and i hated it. it almost negates the joy and pride of getting 3rd in teams.

no shoutouts, i just dont care. oh wait, maybe some.

xyz- your fvcking **** dude, and i know that you actually beat afro.
afro- next time, just own us and be quiet.
hbox- your an amazing teammate
WATO- you all sucked this tourney, except for hbox. (yes including me)
doodah- thanks for effectively destroying this gigs for me

that is all.

-hiro

AfroQT

Smash Master
+50 for brawl. i dont want to go back. as bad as i was in melee, im even worse now...SOOOOOOOO RUSTY. i just cant move in that game anymore. im having too much fun with brawl.

me and hbox **** in teams. i seriously have a completey different playstyle in teams than singles. we got 3rd and finally got money from brawl. so im happy.

after doubles, THIS WAS THE WORST GIGS EVER FOR ME!!!! i hated every second after doubles. I GOT OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt play smash for 6 hours cuz i lost every ounce of will to play this game. i just stood around cuz i had to wait for my team to finish up. i was already in a horrible mood, and then when i finally go to leave, i have a fvcking flat tire. so i had to wait another 2 hours to resolve the situation. this was a horrible experience and i hated it. it almost negates the joy and pride of getting 3rd in teams.

no shoutouts, i just dont care. oh wait, maybe some.

xyz- your fvcking **** dude, and i know that you actually beat afro.
afro- next time, just own us and be quiet.
hbox- your an amazing teammate
WATO- you all sucked this tourney, except for hbox. (yes including me)
doodah- thanks for effectively destroying this gigs for me

that is all.

-hiro

5 stocking in teams is exciting for me.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
doodah owns you. oh yea i forgot to tell you b4 you left. saw you bragging about how you were pushing me to your crew. letting you know right now. your NOT cool ok. push me again me and i'll judo throw you down and brag to your crew how i whooped your azz.
hahahha, aww your so cute elam. cant handle some pushing around. equilibrium, thats all it is. you bring yourself up with all your words and i bring you back down to earth. btw, im pretty sure my muay thai and jujitsu would destroy piece of **** judo.

5 stocking in teams is exciting for me.
let me rephrase. you dont have to be quiet, me and hbox wouldnt be, but just tone it down and down bring it to a point where your directly putting us down.

-hiro

Gindler

Smash Champion
Finally made it back to Gigs after 6 or 7 months of no-shows, good times once again. Shoutouts and GGs and all that:

Crom: Number one teammate extraordinaire! Your Snake is ****, and Snake/GW was a nasty team. Taking 9th with no practice was too good, we should team again and so how we do with some experience under our belts now.

Vericz/Kyon: Good set to open the tourney, we almost had you guys but you got the best of us in the end, props.

Mixed NutZ: Fun set, keep at it. Not sure of your names, sorry. See you next Gigs?

Popo: Same as above?

Lobster and his teammate: Above again, Mario/Ness was an interesting team to play against.

Chaz and Danny: Tough set but you guys got us. Marth and MK were **** on my G Dub but Crom almost singlehandedly won the set while I kept killing him. GGs.

Ghaude: Good ish on beating me in singles, don't doubt yourself so much. And start showing up for matches on time, despite hearing them call for "a sign from Ghaude" being a highlight. Friendlies next time, I gotta learn that ROB matchup better.

Apollo: I can never beat Javier. This is a fact. GGs.

Rx-: Good friendlies, pretty much owned me but still fun. The MK practice helped me out a bit I think, so thanks.

Raistlin: We didn't play a friendly? Wtf. I'm gonna make another Ledgology vid soon and I'll put in those Jiggs and Pika tricks I was talking about.

Dark Sonic: Keep working on that Sonic, you're going to disprove all the haters soon enough.

Phanna: Good talking with you, I'll let you know if I can recreate that *ahem* thing I mentioned with Zamus. Here's hoping it's back, eh?

Nick Riddle: Good friendlies and talking with you, your Zamus was good ish. My friend's calzone ftw.

"Mikey": Was the tag of a Yoshi player who made a group of people go WTF by doing the grab release (I think?) pseudo-chain in friendlies. Props.

Boosley: Good seeing you as always, you were so psyched about that Bowser beating that MK. That was a good match though, now we know how to counter tornado spam: Boozer Bomb and Usmash, all day every day.

Other people I friendlied/talked with through the day but didn't catch names for: GGs, see you next month.

Gigs: Thanks again, good tourney. Cecil, feel better. I'll start paying better attention so I don't have to keep walking up and asking "er...what tv is Pasqual supposed to be playing on?" again and again.

I'm done I think so yeah. GGs, etc.

Yay, I got one shout out (I was using my Mikey tag rather than Gindz :laugh:), which is really more than i deserve. But yeah I'm surprised anyone actually watched that match and I let him out of the pseudo chain (eventually :lick:) to not be labled wimpy jerk, but after my horrible performance I may have to start playing to win from now on...I've been told that's what the cool kids do anyway.

and yeah hiroshi I know what you mean, after letting my teammate down in doubles I don't think I had the will to win anymore :ohwell: That may just be johns but it might be true too.

Oh and I just came up with a crazy idea. Next brawl tourney since they always start 2 hours after indicated...how bout at 10 we all host our own melee tourney, since everyone is already going to be there for the brawl tourney and we all have a location we like it just kinda makes sense, right? Feel free to flame the idea if you want, or praise it.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
hahahha, aww your so cute elam. cant handle some pushing around. equilibrium, thats all it is. you bring yourself up with all your words and i bring you back down to earth. btw, im pretty sure my muay thai and jujitsu would destroy piece of **** judo.

let me rephrase. you dont have to be quiet, me and hbox wouldnt be, but just tone it down and down bring it to a point where your directly putting us down.

-hiro
oh ok ima **** on your face and brag about how cool I am then. but anyways stop fvcking pushing me nuff said.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Man, Gindler, I keep reading your posts and catching glimpses of you at Gigs... You short change yourself way too much. Gotta build up some confidence with your game and develop a short term memory when it comes to failures during tournaments. Keep at it, take things one match at a time and you'll activate beastmode sooner rather than later. Oh, and you've got to play to win! ;)

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, yeah sorry. For some reason I always short change myself...well when it comes to brawl anyway. And good idea with the short term memory for losses, I'll try to keep that in mind usually I dwell on why I lost until halfway through my next match so that can't be too good, maybe that's why friendlies are more enjoyable cause they don't matter :p Ha, beastmode I like that and hearing it from Gmoney who I've been told totally ***** so it must be reliable information so thank you sir.

and ?!? why you exploding all over hiro, he's a pretty cool kid from what I've heard and seen.

Ha, dragonball Z reflexes. Afro thundah's power level is OVER 9000!!!

Finch

Smash Lord
Trust me gindler you didn't let me down. I'm pretty sure last time we played you beat me every time. I'm going through a transition with mains and stuff so I don't think I'm any better at this game than you.

Laijin

Smash Hero
So when did the smash community come up with all of this MVC2 type drama?
Well. People like to trash talk in brawl more so than in melee. And some smashers(speaking in general about smashers everywhere) are complete *******s for no reason at all. To give a good example, just look at doodah.

Ever since doodah showed his true colors and turned out to be a racist douche. Honestly, you can't call one black dude a n*gger , seriously really mean it, and then say "oh, i'm not racist guys. I just really think that some black guys are n*ggers". Yea. You pretty much negated your own sentence.
Doodah is racist against black men and that is defiantly not cool. Its already bad enough that majority of the smashers you meet dislike you, but now you turn out to be racist as well? lol. way to go.

p3nis

Smash Rookie
Has anyone seen the eps. of Boondocks where Martin Luther King didn't die?
Point be. Him calling n1ggers....n1ggers. Cause ya know, they were n1ggers.

TTB

Smash Rookie
Its already bad enough that majority of the smashers you meet dislike you
...but you, sir, you are, by contrast, the apple of everyone's eye, correct?

FYI, and to whom it may concern: I've known Doodah IRL through this game for probably a couple years now, and I've never known him to be racist by any stretch of the imagination. If he's dropped the N-bomb at any point throughout that time, I can assure you that it was either a) in jest, or more recently b) in the spirit of owning the f**k out of basement dwelling idiots for perpetually whining into their forums. Not that either necessarily excuse throwing the word around, but, that aside, I think a number of us can safely attest to the fact that he probably hates idiots, not black people. Sorry.

Either way, you already got him banned, clearly. So stop kicking the guy while he's down and soiling his reputation even further than you already have. Maybe drop your ****, get over it, move on with your life, quit being such a Negative Nancy all the time, maybe even get off smashboards for an hour or two! Sound like a plan?

And a bit belated, but good **** Afro Thundah, on the subject of throwing **** around, lemme get some of that **** on wednesday when you come to Nexus.

o.O??!!

derf

Smash Ace
doodahs cool. and you guys are making something out of nothing.

laijin, settle that **** with doodah personally. no one cares what bad names he called you

doodah should apologize for dropping the N word but he cant cause hes banned. idk what youre trying to accomplish, bad judgment aint the same thing as racism anyways

p3nis

Smash Rookie
My main point XoFF. Is that DooDah isn't racist. But if you act like a n1gger. Your going to be called one by him. And no one else seems to care about this anyways but one person so...+1 brawl >_<

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Wow what a fun tourney! Lol got 7th in both teams and singles.

Shoutouts:

Col Bol: wow those were awsome matches! They were inconclusive though, my sideB took your jump and you thought you still had it (as did I). We need to get a set sometime to finish up, but it was awsome.

Danny: even though you are never on smashboards we did good this tourney and we need to get some more practice. Just stay with pit, stop picking other characters.

Tommy G: sheesh man knocking me out of winners like that, not cool. It's alright since I did that to you last time though.

Galleon: don't blame yourself for losing, and next time i wanna see more wario, seriously pick him up as a character.

Seibrik: FINALLY! no FIU vs for you!

Bonesaw: dude stick with Metaknight, don't pick up other characters because ppl say metaknight is gay!

Fearless: wow that was a fun match, sorry about the luigi's mansion though. I didn't want to get owned so Metaknight was the only answer.

SheerMadness: good set, i kept looking for sidesmash and getting grabbed it was fun.

AFRO: GOOD **** MAN! Way to own teams and singles! You know you earned it! No you weren't talking trash I didn't hear any, your really cool about matches, and ours was good too.

Equi: You did awsome good job with teams! I was watching the match with Ted, that was so intense! Equi stick with metaknight i think, your good with him except you didn't use your UPB to ledge anyone at all. Watch Bonesaw play a match and you'll know.

Chops: I'm gonna keep learning strats and beasting people, you'll see next tourney. I think the match we played was my favorite though, The stage of men is just too good! I don't need other characters Marth is by far the best in brawl, there's no snake or metaknight era. It's just the players who use them is all.

Linguini: You and me both got Tommy G-ed. Hey we both still got 7th though.

XYZ: hey you sure you don't want to move to SFL? Then every spot in the top 7 would be SFL. Either way awsome job at this tourney.

Doodah: Your Doodah what more can be said, and lol at this turning into another thread of someone hating on doodah, when will people learn.

Nick Riddle: good job with your ZSS, thanks for the ride and for being cool even when some ppl weren't being very considerate about the ride situation.

Hey Showtime: I remember playing you, sorry for knocking you out of the top 32 bracket but i really wanted to stay in. It was fun though and to not get Side B-ed so much, don't leave yourself open and try not to always do the same strats.

Hey everyone it was fun can't wait for the next tourney!

Zoro

Smash Champion
Melee or brawl i dont care

Either way ima own noobs with a low tier character

Melee link and brawl ganon are awesome

im glad that all the melee vets are voting for melee with the exception of hiro
i wanna play all you guys again :( but not in brawl

Zoro

Smash Champion
Oh yeah

all you noobs are ***gots for not bringing TVs

without wato bringing 2 tvs you guys would have had that **** going till sunday morning

BRING TVS

Gingerr

Smash Lord
...but you, sir, you are, by contrast, the apple of everyone's eye, correct?

FYI, and to whom it may concern: I've known Doodah IRL through this game for probably a couple years now, and I've never known him to be racist by any stretch of the imagination. If he's dropped the N-bomb at any point throughout that time, I can assure you that it was either a) in jest, or more recently b) in the spirit of owning the f**k out of basement dwelling idiots for perpetually whining into their forums. Not that either necessarily excuse throwing the word around, but, that aside, I think a number of us can safely attest to the fact that he probably hates idiots, not black people. Sorry.

Either way, you already got him banned, clearly. So stop kicking the guy while he's down and soiling his reputation even further than you already have. Maybe drop your ****, get over it, move on with your life, quit being such a Negative Nancy all the time, maybe even get off smashboards for an hour or two! Sound like a plan?

And a bit belated, but good **** Afro Thundah, on the subject of throwing **** around, lemme get some of that **** on wednesday when you come to Nexus.

o.O??!!
Oh Cary, you bring eloquence to smashboards and I love you for it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Oh, next time I can probably bring a TV might not be as fancy as you're all accustommed too. But it will allow more friendlies and a faster tournament so that's always good.

ps: would gigs really do a melee tournament if less people would go to it? doesn't make financial sense. But both sounds good =D

Finch

Smash Lord
Seriously guys, no one minds if you bring a small TV as long as there's more places to play matches. The amount of TVs at this gigs was even smaller than an average 40-50 person melee tournament, which is unacceptable. I only got to play like 2 friendlies before doubles started even though I got there right at 11:00 (and was playing melee for awhile <_<).

Zoro

Smash Champion
Oh, next time I can probably bring a TV might not be as fancy as you're all accustommed too. But it will allow more friendlies and a faster tournament so that's always good.

ps: would gigs really do a melee tournament if less people would go to it? doesn't make financial sense. But both sounds good =D
Gigs isnt in it for the money they do it for the smashers

they arnt hardknocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom