• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/17 GIGABITS - May I have another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Wow, what a bunch of ****ing *******.

Melee was without a doubt the most balenced fighter ever made.

Has anyone here ever played a Capcom fighting game, LOL?

Cuz obviously none of you have.

Sure, Fox, Marth, and Shiek dominated Melee but every other fighting game has absolute counters(to the point where if there is a counter match up, there is no way the character being counter can win).

Jigglypuff won the last big Melee tourney.

A Jigglypuff beat the best Marth(Mew2King) and Fox(Mew2King and PC Chris) in the world.

THERE ARE NO COUNTERS IN MELEE.

NONE.

It doesn't matter that Fox and Marth basically dominated the Melee scene towrads the end of the scene, other characters were still played and did well vs Fox.

Fox was good but he was also 0 to deathed by every single character in the game(if you could grab him).

Enough said.

Melee=Balance.

So GTFO everyone.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm sure everyone here will agree that MvC2 has to be the most unbalanced game ever. I mean there really is no argument about that..its just simply ridiculously unbalanced.
In a way, MvC2 can indeed be compared to melee in terms of unbalanced to show how ridiculously unbalanced Melee is.

Majority of all MvC2 tournament players use Magneto, Storm, Sentinal, Cable, and a few other characters(Soemtimes even ones that are not played so often because they are considered not so good in tournaments).
Same thing can be said about smash. Majority uses Marth, Sheik, Fox, Peach and a few other characters(Sometimes even ones that are not played so often etc etc etc).

Now. In MvC2, the characters that are "good" but are not played so often are put up against the characters that are good and played all the time, ask any MvC2 player. They will get destroyed.

Guile is personally one of my fav. characters in MvC2. But if you put him up against Magneto, sure he has a chance but its definantly not likely.

This is about the same comparison as putting up like a mid tier character(was Link midtier? Does'nt even matter anymore). Sure you can see how he could win, but Fox will likely win.

That is NOT balance.

If you look at a pretty **** balanced game like Guilty Gear. Compare directly the god tier character(We'll use Slayer ) and a bottom tier character(We'll use Holy Order Sol) or hey..even a mid tier character(Anji or Baiken works).
If you put them in a match. Even though Slayer could be said to "likely" win because he is much higher tier'd, the match is ridiculously fair since literally anyone in the game can win any match up.

So yea. Melee is not balanced.
Do you guys even play other fighting games?

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
enough of the melee brawl debates before my c0ck explodes...

i remember when people had these exact debates with n64 vs melee, saying that melee was horrible and blah blah.....the metagame has not yet been 100% discovered in brawl not even close...lets keep playing and hope something totally tech is discoverd.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, we should go back to the actual tournament discussion, isn't that what this thread is for afterall?

Oh and on the first page it says you can get a personal pan pizza and a soda for 5 bucks. by personal pan is that the 444 deal pizza? Just wondering cause those are good and I'd definetly get one.

Just trying to get prepared, don't want to go there and starve to death...you guys know the drill

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i wanna see that MM go down...

it will be as epic as

dark prince vs clockw0rk.

angry knows whats up!

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I will do a $200 mm on that.
YL vs. M2.
You are way too early to play against me for $200 with any chance at all. Especially if you think YL has anything on M2. M2 is faster, outranges YL, deals damage faster, kills easier, has a better recovery, and has no problem what so ever dealing with the projectiles. I don't exactly have $200 to just throw around, but I'll play you for a lesser amount or none at all, it doesn't change the fact that you won't win. The ignornace on this board in regards to M2's matchups is pretty astonishing, but I don't blame anyone, a real M2 player isn't exactly common.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Just cause im black does not make me dark prince.
.__.
That guy was ridiculous.

You are way too early to play against me for $200 with any chance at all. Especially if you think YL has anything on M2. M2 is faster, outranges YL, deals damage faster, kills easier, has a better recovery, and has no problem what so ever dealing with the projectiles. I don't exactly have $200 to just throw around, but I'll play you for a lesser amount or none at all, it doesn't change the fact that you won't win. The ignornace on this board in regards to M2's matchups is pretty astonishing, but I don't blame anyone, a real M2 player isn't exactly common.
I honestly hope your kidding when you made that post. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. I mean honestly..nearly your entire post is ridiculously wrong.

-M2 is not faster.
-M2 does not range YL what so ever.
-Theres no way in hell M2 deals damage faster than YL. YL is one of the characters racks up damage the fastest in the game(Next to Ganondorf and a few others).
-Sure he kills easier...wait..no he does'nt. YL has ****ty killing ability, but its a lot better than M2's.
-M2 struggles against projectiles. He can't do **** as YL just runs and jumps around in circles and throws **** at him all day long.

Sure M2 players are not common, but i've never lost against a M2 player with my YL. and I have played MookieRah and Iori.

I'll play you for any amount. Just name the place and time.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I honestly hope your kidding when you made that post. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. I mean honestly..nearly your entire post is ridiculously wrong.
No, it isn't.

-M2 is not faster.
Yes, he is. Mewtwo has the 3rd best wavedash in the game.

-M2 does not range YL what so ever.
Are you kidding me? Mewtwo's tilts have range similar to Marth's sword. Young Link has his little plastic sword.

-Theres no way in hell M2 deals damage faster than YL. YL is one of the characters racks up damage the fastest in the game(Next to Ganondorf and a few others).
I find that pretty silly. Young Link's moves do less damage than almost every character in the game, including Mewtwo's.

-Sure he kills easier...wait..no he does'nt. YL has ****ty killing ability, but its a lot better than M2's.
Once again, are you kidding me? Mewtwo's up and back throws kill better than anything Young Link has. Let alone M2's fsmash and dsmash which are also both better than YL's.

-M2 struggles against projectiles. He can't do **** as YL just runs and jumps around in circles and throws **** at him all day long.
No, he doesn't. Mewtwo's speed and his own projectile makes other projectiles not a problem at all.

Sure M2 players are not common, but i've never lost against a M2 player with my YL. and I have played MookieRah and Iori.
I will sound like an ******* if I tell you both of those players aren't very good, so I won't. They are known for playing Mewtwo, but I wouldn't call them anything special among the top Mewtwos. Sorry, but there is no way to say that without it sounding offensive. I could tell you I have never lost to a YL player with my M2, but that is irrelevant.

I'll play you for any amount. Just name the place and time.
I'll play you at Fast 1. I assume you are going to it.

Just going to say that your overall impression of M2 seems inaccurate. M2 is much closer to Luigi than he is to Bowser or some other large character in terms of how he plays.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Seriously. I'm not even gonna bother quoting that. That is just ridiculous.

We'll play for $20-$50 dollars(your choice). Best 3/5 at Fast 1(I'll be there for at least one of the days hopefully).

I like free money.
Other gaurenteed YL auto win match ups include but are not limited to:
Bowser
Mewtwo
Kirby
Zelda
Donkey Kong

EPIC MATCH

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Um...having seen and played both, I can just say Laijin's making a huge mistake...oh wells.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
It isn't going to be epic, it isn't going to be special. Just another person playing vs me, losing to me, and then saying wow they never saw a good m2 before good matches. Mewtwo has perhaps the most well rounded matchups vs the cast out of all the low tiers. There isn't a single matchup that is an automatic win vs M2. There aren't many favorable ones, but there are no impossible ones.

Laijin

Smash Hero
It isn't going to be epic, it isn't going to be special. Just another person playing vs me, losing to me, and then saying wow they never saw a good m2 before good matches. Mewtwo has perhaps the most well rounded matchups vs the cast out of all the low tiers. There isn't a single matchup that is an automatic win vs M2. There aren't many favorable ones, but there are no impossible ones.
This match up is definantly NOT in M2's favor..at all.
I'm pretty amazed you said Iori is not good with M2 seeing as how you have never seen or even played against him probably.
Anyways, I gave you a fair warning. I'll just take your money.
Not trying to sound like a douche. :| but do some research at least.

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
A warning to you Laijin, Dguy has an extremly good Mewtwo. I have seen him beat very good players who have used characters both better then Mewtwo and YL (he has also beat me, but that's hadly relevant snice I'm of noob level).

I'm not trying to stop the mm, I'm just warning you that you're in for a surprise.

Laijin

Smash Hero
A warning to you Laijin, Dguy has an extremly good Mewtwo. I have seen him beat very good players who have used characters both better then Mewtwo and YL (he has also beat me, but that's hadly relevant snice I'm of noob level).

I'm not trying to stop the mm, I'm just warning you that you're in for a suprise.
I dont think there is much to be surprised about with M2. The best M2 i've seen is Taj's and Iori's and I have not seen anything better than those two. :|

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to stop arguing about this after this post snice I don't want to fight Dguy's battle for him.

But just one more thing...

I dont think there is much to be surprised about with M2. The best M2 i've seen is Taj's and Iori's and I have not seen anything better than those two. :|
Never underestimate your oppenent, and especially don't underestimate them simply because of the character they use.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I haven't been in the CFL smash community for about a year now, and Dguy's mewtwo was really strong back then. He knows his match ups well, and judging from what people are saying it only sounds like he's gotten better.

Never underestimate your oppenent, and especially don't underestimate them simply because of the character they use.
That said, Pichu MMs anyone? Hahaha

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I have kept track of all the main Mewtwo players for a while. Taj is better than I am. I wouldn't say YL has any properties that make the matchup specifically in Mewtwo's favor, but I will say it is far away from being a match that is impossible or more difficult than normal for M2 to win.

Edit: We gotta play sometime again <3. Maybe team again and see where it takes us. :)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
brawl, is II good

Melee is III good.

thats the way it should be.

Melee should be loved like a first born.

and Brawl should be loved like an adopted child of another race. the kid in time grows on you. :laugh:
I thought that this was th most pro thing anyone said on this whole thread

xYz is [infinite] good

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
That said, Pichu MMs anyone? Hahaha
Wait a minute, <3, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe I have played a Pichu ditto with you once. Do you also play Ganondorf (in Melee)?

Just making sure so I can know that you're the person I'm thinking of.

Oh and sure I'll mm your Pichu vs. my Pichu. $3

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I have kept track of all the main Mewtwo players for a while. Taj is better than I am. I wouldn't say YL has any properties that make the matchup specifically in Mewtwo's favor, but I will say it is far away from being a match that is impossible or more difficult than normal for M2 to win.

Edit: We gotta play sometime again <3. Maybe team again and see where it takes us. :)
yeah definitely. I was working on the my little dude up with the guys in CT. It'd be fun to see how much it and my other chars for that matter have grown while I was up there.

Hit me up on AIM sometime maybe we can get some brawl matches in or something.

EDIT:
Sworddancer while I was down here I was mainly going pichu and samus at tournies. never really touched gannondorf in competitive environments.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<3, i remember when every tourney we used to sit and play like 20 matches............and i would **** you, lol. did your pichu ever beat me?

-hiro
hahaha, think you have some of that mixed around. Did my pichu ever lose?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
ADHD

I'm sure David would agree.

but he quit D:

cant tell if ur being sarcastic or not but your link never beat my fox in a complete set, either if it was mm or tourney... But yeah i cant deny the fact that your link was really good
lol. well that was uncalled for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom