• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Question for all of you - do any of the following characters have any -2 MUs?

:4sheik::4zss::4mario::rosalina::4fox::4ryu::4pikachu::4diddy::4villager::4sonic::4metaknight::4cloud:

I feel that few of them, if any, have MUs that are -2 or worse. Most of the bad MUs across this bunch strike me as -1s. This is a big part of what sets these characters above the rest. Note that I'd be listing Bayo here but it's too early to make big assertions about her MUs.

This is also why I think Ness heads up the next group of characters rather than being included in this bunch, since he has clear -2s with Rosa and Sheik.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r

:4sheik::4zss::4mario::rosalina::4fox::4ryu::4pikachu::4diddy::4villager::4sonic::4metaknight::4cloud:

I feel that few of them, if any, have MUs that are -2 or worse. Most of the bad MUs across this bunch strike me as -1s. This is a big part of what sets these characters above the rest. Note that I'd be listing Bayo here but it's too early to make big assertions about her MUs.

This is also why I think Ness heads up the next group of characters rather than being included in this bunch, since he has clear -2s with Rosa and Sheik.
I think Pikachu may or may not have a -2 versus Mario. The records and theory seems to say so.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something

Rosalina definitely goes -2 vs ZSS and MK, if not worse (Don't bring up Dabuz vs Nairo at G3. Exceptions are not norms. He just caught Nairo off guard with a different play style.)
The Sheik MU is close to -2 and the Fox MU is close to +2. Diddy and Villager may also be +2 but I'm more comfortable leaving it at +1 for Rosalina.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Sonic has a -2 vs Rosa. Seriously, she is a nightmare for him.

Illuminose

Smash Ace

idk what you define as -2, if you mean 60-40 then there's like rosa mario, sheik/rosa fox, rosa diddy, sheik ryu, pika zss, rosa sonic, mario pika, and mk rosa. if you mean worse than that then there's probably no matchups. almost all of the matchups among these characters are 55-45 or even.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
idk what you define as -2, if you mean 60-40 then there's like rosa mario, sheik/rosa fox, rosa diddy, sheik ryu, pika zss, rosa sonic, mario pika, and mk rosa. if you mean worse than that then there's probably no matchups. almost all of the matchups among these characters are 55-45 or even.
-1=40/60
-2=30/70

Last edited:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
I don't want to put a MU ratio on it. Everyone defines -2, -1, 60:40 and 55:45 differently. And frankly I'm sick of meaningless numbers.

In this instance take -2 to mean a hard counter - a difficult, but still winnable MU.

warionumbah2

Smash Master

MK vs Sheik is definitely a -2 MU for MK.

Can't see this MU getting better for MK as time goes by. The results are reflecting this also, a MK getting double eliminated by Sheik is a common occurrence.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Despite ZeRo's excellent command of the matchup and arguable skill gap though, ESAM's still been able to take games off him and have relatively close sets, which is a feat not many other players can claim. For the other Sheik players ESAM has fought:

2-1 Vinnie
0-1 K9
1-0 Zex

It's...misleading to suggest that ESAM actually has a poor record against Sheik when you take ZeRo out of the equation.
Why would you take Zero out of the equation though when he's the only one of those Sheik players who isn't outskilled by ESAM? If there were at least results vs Mr r or Void you could cite it'd be another thing but using a 0-1 record against k9 who's certainly not a top 5 Sheik isn't exactly helping your case here. Because what your argument boils down to is that ESAM generally loses to Zero and is overall even against Sheik players below his own skill level.

So all you're saying is that by results Sheik clearly wins the matchup. I assume you're not actually arguing otherwise?

Mario is true, but Fox is not. ESAM is 2-0 vs Megafox and unless I'm missing a tournament (certainly not anything important) he's actually never lost to Larry's Fox in tournament; their only set was CEO with pre-patch Luigi against ESAM's Pikachu, which was a different matchup than current Luigi vs Pikachu.
Megafox losing to ESAM is the expected outcome though regardless of the matchup.

If you want actually representative results of that matchup you cannot ignore that the two best Fox players in the USA - Larry and Xzax - have yet to drop a single game against ESAM's Pikachu in competitive sets. I don't know to what else that amounts than to Fox having a winning record against Pikachu.

ESAM's still significantly positive record against Nairo and NickRiddle says otherwise for the Zero Suit matchup. As for Rosalina...he's currently 1-1 with Dabuz, which you can't draw conclusions from results on.
Viran already pointed this out but actually Nairo is ahead vs ESAM in this matchup if you add up games. And since ESAM is also 1-1 with dabuz that only confirms my point that no evidence exists to show that Pikachu wins the matchup.

Heavies (DK, Bowser, Ganon, etc)...Falcon...pretty much anyone that has a poor recovery or lacks quick options to deal with Quick Attack. I'm not going to claim to know all of Pikachu's obscure low/mid tier matchups but this claim is heavily unsubstantiated.
1.) What exactly do you base the claim on that Pikachu 'destroys' DK? Or Bowser for that matter?
2.) These characters minus Falcon generally get destroyed by a lot of stuff. You wanna hold Pikachu murdering Ganon in his favor?
3.) 4-5 characters getting destroyed by Pikachu doesn't mean that Pikachu is a problem for most midtier characters.

If you want to argue with results, please know the results you're talking about.
Coming from the guy who resorts to excluding Zero from the argument but including players well below ESAM's level of player skill like k9 or Megafox.

Cool story, bro.

:059:

Last edited:

Apeirohaon

Smash Apprentice
he's actually never lost to Larry's Fox in tournament; their only set was CEO with pre-patch Luigi against ESAM's Pikachu, which was a different matchup than current Luigi vs Pikachu.
this is pretty small but the first game of that set was fox vs pika (esam got 2 stocked)

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Personally, this is my tier list:
Top Tier:
S:
Sheik, ZSS, Rosalina and Luma
A+:
Villager, Pikachu, Ryu, Meta Knight, Mario, Sonic, Fox
A:
Bayonneta, Cloud, Corrin, Diddy Kong, Ness

High Tier:
A-:
Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Dark Pit, Pit, R.O.B.
B+:
Toon Link, Lucario, Pac-Man, Greninja, Mega Man, Luigi, Peach

Middle Tier:
B:
Wario, Olimar, Donkey Kong, Ike, Lucas, Kirby
B-:
Marth, Roy, Bowser, WFT, Bowser jr., Robin
C:
Link, Lucina, Mewtwo, G&W, Duck Hunt, Shulk

Low Tier:
D:
Little Mac, Dr. Mario, King Dedede
E:
Charizard, Samus, Palutena, Jigglypuff

Bottom Tier:
F:
Ganondorf, Mii swordfighter, Mii gunner, Zelda, Mii brawler

To clarify, the miis are put to tournament standards, which are 1111, move sets, and that they be put to medium size. Personally, I think it's okay to put miis at 1111 move sets like the rest of the cast, but I do think they should be able to change their sizes down to small. Also, the new tier list section top tiers as only the 3 characters in S tier, and that's just wrong. When we categorize characters, we say stuff like their top tier, like with Cloud and Diddy Kong, those characters aren't high tier, their top tier.

Djent

Smash Champion
:4pikachu: might still have a small advantage vs. ZSS (depending on whether you place a higher value on game count or set count for empirical purposes), but Rosa is clearly not in Pika's favor. Aside from being 1-1 vs. Dabuz, ESAM barely managed to beat Falln at his namesake tournament. Fox is tough to call. Larry bodies ESAM using Fox, but then he also won a match with DK and held his own with Falco in their exhibition. This kind of makes it look like ESAM might have a mental block vs. Larry. So Fox could have an advantage or go even based on those results.

This is a good question.

Sheik & ZSS obviously don't, and Mario, Ryu, Diddy, & Cloud very likely do not. (This is one reason why I think people overrate Mario's overratedness.)
Rosa & Sonic might lose -2 to ZSS, Pika & MK might lose -2 to Sheik, and Fox & Villager might lose -2 to Rosalina. However, these last three "maybe" groups also have results that indicate that these MUs might not be so bad (i.e. -1 or -1.5).

EDIT: changed wording.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
"I think as time goes on, people will probably get better at gimping Cloud, so it might become a lot harder to fight [as] him. If Cloud is limit camping you, and you just don't approach, and you just let him get limit, he's going to have to approach you anyway. So, with that in mind, I think gimping Cloud is probably going to become a lot more realistic as time goes on."

- VoiD on Cloud

...Wait, isn't this what I said about Kirby vs Cloud? I don't feel silly anymore! :D

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
MK vs Sheik is definitely a -2 MU for MK.

Can't see this MU getting better for MK as time goes by. The results are reflecting this also, a MK getting double eliminated by Sheik is a common occurrence.
If MKLeo didnt exist this probably would be commonly agreed on.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
My guess on each of Pikachu's top tier matchups

:4sheik::45:55 (Theory puts it in even, Results put it at 40:60.)

:4zss::55:45 (Both results and theory put this at 55:45)

:rosalina::45:55

:4sonic::Actually not sure, has Esam ever went aganist a Sonic? Guessing 50:50

:4diddy::55:45

:4ryu::Also not sure, guessing 50:50

:4metaknight::45:55

:4fox::55:45

:4pikachu::50:50 (Duh)

:4villager::45:55

:4ness::45:55

:4mario::40:60

:4cloud::55:45

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Interesting for it to be commonly thought that Rosalina loses -2 to MK and ZSS. Especially when many of the characters below her like Mario and Diddy are said to have no MU worse than -2.

With this in mind, does Rosa really earn her position of 3rd in the game? After Sheik and ZSS, isn't there some competition for her spot?

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I need opinions, I main MK and Rosalina, I've mained Meta Knight ever since Brawl came out, and I've mained Rosalina ever since the 3ds version came out. I've dropped Lucario and Dark Pit so I could do better with these 2 characters, and now I'm looking at Corrin and thinking about if I should main him or not. The thing is, with the 2 characters I already main, is there a reason for me to main Corrin, because the only reason I would ever see myself using him is maybe if the other person has a meta knight and I don't want to ditto. I like the character, but I don't see myself doing as well with him as Mk or Rosalina, and some of the reason has to do with the way he plays, which is not unfamiliar to me, I just can't pull off the things like Instant Dragon Lunge. But hey I do have his spacing down.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
bc1910 bc1910

Here's a question about that, then: Who beats Rosalina soundly enough to take her spot (aside from Sheik and ZSS)?

Smooth Criminal
I'm just posing the questions, my answers aren't hugely important. I don't really have an opinion at this stage if I'm honest. On balance, MK is a contender who fits your criteria. Potentially Bayo though it's way too early to tell.

But I would ask, would Potential-3rd-place-X have to beat Rosalina to take her spot? I'd have thought a better MU spread against the high tiers, with fewer -2 MUs, would be enough to secure the #3 spot, even if the character went even with Rosalina. I don't know if a winning or losing MU vs Rosalina should be so heavily weighted if another character's MUs were better overall.

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I need opinions, I main MK and Rosalina, I've mained Meta Knight ever since Brawl came out, and I've mained Rosalina ever since the 3ds version came out. I've dropped Lucario and Dark Pit so I could do better with these 2 characters, and now I'm looking at Corrin and thinking about if I should main him or not. The thing is, with the 2 characters I already main, is there a reason for me to main Corrin, because the only reason I would ever see myself using him is maybe if the other person has a meta knight and I don't want to ditto. I like the character, but I don't see myself doing as well with him as Mk or Rosalina, and some of the reason has to do with the way he plays, which is not unfamiliar to me, I just can't pull off the things like Instant Dragon Lunge. But hey I do have his spacing down.
MK and Rosa are both quite a bit better than Corrin, so he may not be worth your time unless you like him better than your current mains.
Instant DL is easy once you figure it out. I like to input side B, then instantly roll my thumb from the b button to the a button. Simple as that. You could also just mash the b button very quickly, but I have found less consistency with this method.

RonNewcomb RonNewcomb Between this sort of thing, Corrin's grab glitch, Bowser Jr.'s tech glitch, etc. I am REALLY hoping for a patch before Nintendo leaves us high and dry.

Last edited:

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta is ungrabbable again. This time it's Toon Link's tethergrab that went right through her. Both chars are facing each other and a small distance apart, so it isn't just a "hurtboxes lol" thing like Sheik's issue. In this case, it was shortly after Tink set off a Witch Time without getting caught in it, and after a powershield of a returning boomerang.

Video includes 15 seconds of lead-in for context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpb24kvNeCc

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
MK and Rosa are both quite a bit better than Corrin, so he may not be worth your time unless you like him better than your current mains.
Instant DL is easy once you figure it out. I like to input side B, then instantly roll my thumb from the b button to the a button. Simple as that. You could also just mash the b button very quickly, but I have found less consistency with this method.
Thanks, that's what I thought to, and I'll try again to do the IDL, but I've tried it both times and if I don't dair into it, reverse it, or just do it from the air, I'm never getting it consistently, but I'll probably just end up using Corrin for fun most of the time like Lucario and Dark Pit. By the way, and I'm just curious, what are your thoughts on my tier list, I want to see what changes I have to make and what I might not be getting.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
"I think as time goes on, people will probably get better at gimping Cloud, so it might become a lot harder to fight [as] him. If Cloud is limit camping you, and you just don't approach, and you just let him get limit, he's going to have to approach you anyway. So, with that in mind, I think gimping Cloud is probably going to become a lot more realistic as time goes on."

- VoiD on Cloud

...Wait, isn't this what I said about Kirby vs Cloud? I don't feel silly anymore! :D
Letting him get Limit improves his mobility and recovery drastically(he gains a transcendent projectile that kills and does 19 damage too). Wouldn't it be better to prevent him from gaining limit in the first place?

Last edited:

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
RosalinA RosalinA
You might want to mesh with the community a bit more before making a tier list here . Tier list aren't usually taken seriously if they come from just about anybody. (That's what I've noticed anyway!)
You also need to provide an explanation for your placements.

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Thanks, that's what I thought to, and I'll try again to do the IDL, but I've tried it both times and if I don't dair into it, reverse it, or just do it from the air, I'm never getting it consistently, but I'll probably just end up using Corrin for fun most of the time like Lucario and Dark Pit. By the way, and I'm just curious, what are your thoughts on my tier list, I want to see what changes I have to make and what I might not be getting.
Just a note, the Instant DL is for the grounded version of the move.
Your tier list is mostly agreeable, just a few nitpicks on a personal level. For one, I personally don't rate Villager quite that high. I would probably switch him with Bayonetta, personally. I would also switch ROB with Toon Link, bump up Wario, and bump down Pac Man. But again, that's just me.
I would avoid posting tier lists without backing up placements in detail. Generally this thread isn't for that (we used to have personal tier lists all over the place, and then there would pages of "x character should be higher" and such, and not much else. It was bad for discussion.)

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Letting him get Limit improves his mobility and recovery drastically(he gains a transcendent projectile that kills and does 19 damage too). Wouldn't it be better to prevent him from gaining limit in the first place?
Thing is, he's *going* to get limit no matter what you do.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Why would you take Zero out of the equation though when he's the only one of those Sheik players who isn't outskilled by ESAM? If there were at least results vs Mr r or Void you could cite it'd be another thing but using a 0-1 record against k9 who's certainly not a top 5 Sheik isn't exactly helping your case here. Because what your argument boils down to is that ESAM generally loses to Zero and is overall even against Sheik players below his own skill level.

So all you're saying is that by results Sheik clearly wins the matchup. I assume you're not actually arguing otherwise?
Vinnie and Void are not really much below ESAM's skill level at this point tbf. Both are highly skilled players with solid results under their belts that are capable of beating pretty much anyone. You're underselling Vinnie if you think ESAM's record against him is not a point in his favor; Vinnie and Void are close in skill. I decided not to ponder his results against ZeRo further because it doesn't tell us much. He has a positive record against every single player on the planet (except Seagull Joe but lol). He generally loses to ZeRo and ZeRo is the best in the world. This tells us nothing about any matchup. If we look at ZeRo's results, for instance, it is possible to conclude that Diddy Kong beats Sheik. This is clearly not the case if you know anything about the matchup.
Megafox losing to ESAM is the expected outcome though regardless of the matchup.

If you want actually representative results of that matchup you cannot ignore that the two best Fox players in the USA - Larry and Xzax - have yet to drop a single game against ESAM's Pikachu in competitive sets. I don't know to what else that amounts than to Fox having a winning record against Pikachu.
Money matches are not results. Not even close. I am talking about tournament results. I am going to ignore a random money match from the Sky house and a grudge match with literally all of SoCal in the room cheering for Larry. Forgive me if I don't think these are environments representative of tournament skill. Megafox is widely considered to be among the top Fox players in the country and the world, and ESAM has actually faced him in tournament. This is far more representative.
Viran already pointed this out but actually Nairo is ahead vs ESAM in this matchup if you add up games. And since ESAM is also 1-1 with dabuz that only confirms my point that no evidence exists to show that Pikachu wins the matchup.
Nairo is ahead in terms of game count but this is inflated by the fact that he's gone secondaries numerous times when ZSS would not work. These results do nothing to combat the solid theory from players of both characters that Pikachu wins the matchup.
1.) What exactly do you base the claim on that Pikachu 'destroys' DK? Or Bowser for that matter?
2.) These characters minus Falcon generally get destroyed by a lot of stuff. You wanna hold Pikachu murdering Ganon in his favor?
3.) 4-5 characters getting destroyed by Pikachu doesn't mean that Pikachu is a problem for most midtier characters.
I base this claim off the fact that DK literally cannot recover against Pikachu, gets comboed super hard already and gets ludicrous extensions because DK can't land. I didn't feel like listing every single character that loses to Pikachu, but most mid tiers have issues with Pikachu. Characters like ROB, DK, Falcon, Wario, Ike, Wii Fit, Greninja, Mega Man, etc just don't do well. There simply aren't as many Pikachu players, so you see these problematic matchups less. It's exceedingly simple logic but people seem to have this idea in their heads that Pikachu doesn't do great against the rest of the cast because there isn't a high volume of Pikachu players to show these matchups, NAKAT barely goes to anything and there really isn't a huge sample size of ESAM vs these top players of each character in the first place because the game has only been out for a year and ESAM doesn't go to every single event.

btw Pika's top tier matchups are like
:4sheik:45-55 to 50-50 (based off general consensus/what results would suggest)
:rosalina:55-45 (results don't really show much here, but the theory of the matchup suggests that pikachu's robust edgeguard game and many moves to deal with luma give him a slight advantage despite rosa's range)
:4zss:60-40 (zss has issues with shorter characters & lackluster oos to deal with quick attack in neutral, nairo has expressed frustrations and used secondaries, and esam's thoughts):4metaknight:50-50 (mk is better at killing but outside dash attack confirms killing pika is actually pretty hard b/c no edgeguards and pika has a better neutral and solid punish game on mk too, results don't really say anything either way)
:4ryu:55-45 (the only reason this matchup isn't further in pikachu's favor is shoryu and pika being pretty light; pikachu's short stature makes ryu's nair approaches and up tilts plain less effective, has solid edgeguards on ryu, and good multihit moves to deal with focus attack + ryu kinda has trouble dealing with mobility and pikachu has plenty of it)
:4cloud:55-45 to 60-40 (the things that tip this matchup in pikachu's favor are edgeguarding and pika's awkward small frame, which matters a lot because it's harder to hit with some of cloud's most important b&bs like falling up airs, full hop dairs, and up tilts)
:4diddy:55-45 (this is based solely off the opinions expressed by zero, mvd, and esam bc i don't know much about this matchup)
:4fox:50-50 (fox is better at raw kills/confirms and he might even win neutral slightly, but pikachu's punish game on fox is utterly insane and the edgeguard is free af)
:4mario:40-60 (the issues in this matchup lie in the fact that pikachu loses some of his normal advantages; mario doesn't care about pikachu being short and doesn't have to deal with the brutal fast faller punishes and has cape to deal with jolts and is better at killing. pikachu has better aerial hitboxes to deal with mario's though and can employ smart quick attacks. he's also good at applying corner pressure and can edgeguard mario)
:4villager:50-50 (villager is stupid good against quick attack but pikachu is stupid good against slingshots so these factors kind of balance out, villager has effective responses to other parts of pikachu's pressure though, pikachu can apply a lot of pressure in off-stage situations while villager really cannot)
:4sonic:55-45 to 50-50 (this is what esam thinks of the matchup and although he's known for overrating matchups, this is pretty reasonable seeing as he's historically done extremely well in this matchup outside 1 set loss to 6wx; it's essentally sonic has the mobility to keep up with quick attack and may be able to kill a bit earlier, but pikachu has effective options for stuffing spin dash and disgusting edgeguards on sonic so it works out to slightly in pikachu's favor or even)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
regarding witch twist:
do you take the knockback of the middle hits if you sdi out? i'm asking this because HOLY **** THOSE MIDDLE HITS ARE POWERFUL!

160 bkb 100 kbg on the 1st and 3rd middle hits. literally only held back by those hits doing 0.3%.
It's all weight-based knockback, so it isn't as bad as it sounds...usually. It does get scary with rage (witch twist someone in the air when you're at kill percent, you'll see red lightning galore), but it's not really any different from Mario's upB.

It's also specific hitboxes with the high wbkb; for the early-mid multihits the upper hitbox on the attack has less knockback, while for the late autolinks the lower hitbox is the weak one. Haven't looked into it extensively yet but I think the transition point between the hitboxes is somewhere around her head.

Letting him get Limit improves his mobility and recovery drastically(he gains a transcendent projectile that kills and does 19 damage too), so wouldn't it be better try and prevent him from gaining limit?
The thought process here is more analogous to "even if he's getting limit repeatedly, it's still easier/better for me to lame out a Cloud with limit than try to approach through disjoints."

invicibility frame of a successful witch time.
Bayo was done with the Witch Time animation and shielding before Tink even started his dash, let alone his grab.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Well to prevent him from getting it you're going to need to deal damage, which will help him get it as well. You just got to accept the fact that Cloud's inevitably going to break limit throughout the set, a lot. (His recovery is still gimpable post limit break because the hitbox disappears after the first 1/2 of Climhazzard.)

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Just a note, the Instant DL is for the grounded version of the move.
Your tier list is mostly agreeable, just a few nitpicks on a personal level. For one, I personally don't rate Villager quite that high. I would probably switch him with Bayonetta, personally. I would also switch ROB with Toon Link, bump up Wario, and bump down Pac Man. But again, that's just me.
I would avoid posting tier lists without backing up placements in detail. Generally this thread isn't for that (we used to have personal tier lists all over the place, and then there would pages of "x character should be higher" and such, and not much else. It was bad for discussion.)
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it, and can see why you would think this. I also feel like people would want Ike to go higher as well, and as for villager, he does so well at almost everything, especially zoning, and with that side-b stopping your movement after being hit by a move completely, and other things (and especially with his results in Japan), I believe he deserves to be either there, or behind Pikachu or Ryu, but definitely in A+ tier. I would give more details on characters if you asked me which characters specifically you would like to know about my placements. As for Pac-Man, we know he's good, and not in the Yoshi way, we do know he's good, and more Pac-Ma players have been appearing now, it's just that now Abadango treats him as a secondary that he usually won't use. With R.O.B. and Toon Link, I believe Rob is better with his projectiles, but I honestly can't say much, But if you see what R.O.B. players like 8BitMan do, you can hopefully see why I put him there. If I bump up Wario he would still be where he is (right behind Peach) but I would put him as the last character in high tier. I don't know if Bayonetta is top 10 just yet, she is quite new after all, but after the next big tournament, we should she her go higher, and I don't know where Corrin would go after that.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@ above Pikachu discussion:

Ike doesn't have a problem against Pika. Fairly even MU. The one time it was played out at a top level (ESAM vs Ryo), ESAM won but admitted in his tier list video that Ryo should have won: Ryo had him in aether with a stock lead in game 3 off stage. If he had held down instead of ledge snapping, he would have won.

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
most mid tiers have issues with Pikachu.
Don't think this is true tbh.

As a :4peach: main, there is absolutely no reason to fear :4pikachu: at all. Don't see :4myfriends::4greninja::4rob: having problems with this either.

In fact, of the list you posted, I can only see :4falcon::4dk: being bad.

We can sit here debating theoretical MUs all we want, but the writing seems on the wall. ESAM has been consistently underwhelming for a minute now, and Pikachu mains seem to eternally be in short supply, even after the character was massively hyped up at the beginning of the game. Maybe NAKAT will make up the difference; we'll see in the months to come, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

In a game where kill confirms and reach are law, Pikachu doesn't make the top tier cut.

Megamang

Smash Lord
As someone who has mained both, megaman doesnt have particular trouble with pika. His superior airspeed and low hitting pellets are a solid wall vs pika, and his kill throw is extremely useful. Quick attack and gimping make the MU maybe slightly in pikas favor, but id rather face a pika than captain falcon, fox.... the queens are all worse too. He isnt particularly bad because past a certain range, his zone breaker does pitiful damage.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Where do you think :4wario2: sits on the tier list now? Having just put mine together, I couldn't fit him in my top 25.

Following on from our earlier discussion, I couldn't justify placing him ahead of many other mid tiers. Wario doesn't beat any high tiers convincingly and has lackluster results.

It's worth noting he'd have made top 25 before the release of Bayo and Corrin but they've pushed him just outside.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
User was warned for this post
Yall still over hypin the pika?

Cut it out.

Its been a year and its getting old.

lolz.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I'd call a TO on it if I ever saw it in tournament, it's pretty blatant stalling even if you take damage from the magnifying glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom