• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So, is it finally fine for me to update? I mean, surely Thinkaman and the other people who have 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 can take care of it? Plus datamining?

The thing is, I'd really like to play Online etc. but I've been hesitant to update because I wanted to help look for changes. Am I still needed for this?
go for it! the patch notes are pretty much done

the only things we're looking for now are glitches that may have been patched out

I'm up to Robin with the notes, gonna take a break for now

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
go for it! the patch notes are pretty much done

the only things we're looking for now are glitches that may have been patched out

I'm up to Robin with the notes, gonna take a break for now
Okay, great.

Good luck everyone! (And by the way, none of this would even be necessary if Nintendo would just release patch notes)

Updating in 10 minutes, unless anyone has any final requests for character or move differences for me.

sc458

Smash Cadet
I haven't been able to check all the posts, has there been no changes for Captain Falcon?

Zyrac

Smash Rookie
I think some people are severely underestimating the ability to play Smash out of their pocket. That is huge to me, I just hope they update it to have more functionality with the Wii U version (why trophies and custom moves can't constantly be uploaded is beyond me).When you used your money to purchase that $40+tax video game for a portable system, knowing that you would pay another $60+tax for a game that would knowingly be superior in terms of content, I do not know what was to be expected. The only thing I could hope for was for more connectivity. I would love to grind for gear, moves, and trophies when I am waiting on a train, then just transfer it to my Wii U version.
Erm, you can transfer custom setups between versions, can't you? Which means you can grind for equipment on the train. As for trophies, those are different between versions, and besides, you need some incentive to play solo on Wii U.
I do agree with you on portability. I'm sure some people rarely play their 3DS outside the house, but it's very important to me. If anyone bought the 3DS version of the game purely because it came out first, that's on them.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Mmkay, updating now, y'all have good luck confirming the rest of the changes. See ya on the other side!

*cries* :crying: *dramatic sad piano music plays, as I tap on "Update" in dramatic slow-motion*

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'm pretty sure custom specials are in those data files, although maybe not all of them.

I was able to find all instances/customs of shieldbreaker on Marth, including one of them having an aerial instance.
But they only cover the 'release' of the charge, not the charging part itself (which is like an 11 frame animation).

I'm not going to try to decrypt/find dancing blade or variations there of in there, but I believe some/a lot are. Found Dolphin Slash / Crescent Slash too.
Actually you're right, when I have a good look through Dedede's data I can see some data that matches up very well with his custom moves.

So why isn't there a damage change identified for uncharged Armoured Jet Hammer, which I'm pretty sure has gone up from 8% to 9% in 1.0.4? Well when I look through the data it seems that there are many entries for uncharged Jet Hammer and its custom variants in the range game_2AE to game_2F0 (edit: 2AE through to 2B0 might actually be Dedede Jump landings, but the others should be good), some of which have different damage values. I take it that some other part of the code was changed so that when 'uncharged Armoured Jet Hammer' is called, one of those different variants are used instead.
Could well be wrong though, I have no experience in programming.

Never mind.

Last edited:

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
Uh I can still hit people with Luma while being grabbed, so idk about that can't control Luma under certain instances clause. Also has anyone else noticed a slight overall increase in gameplay speed? Feels faster. I know some characters got faster, but the game overall definelty feels faster to me.

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
Bowser's Down B ledge grab doesn't work anymore.
Always when i down B'd next to the ledge i could still save myself by hanging on to the ledge. Now i can't even get close to doing that anymore.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't know if it's always been there or not, but I noticed this morning that Mac's KO Punch has super armor for a very short amount of time. The punch hitbox is out on Frame 9, and it seems to have armor at least a frame or two beforehand (which can be tested via Proximity Mine spacing). Anyone with 1.03 want to test that?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
more info? what glitch is this?
I don't know if it's always been there or not, but I noticed this morning that Mac's KO Punch has super armor for a very short amount of time. The punch hitbox is out on Frame 9, and it seems to have armor at least a frame or two beforehand (which can be tested via Proximity Mine spacing). Anyone with 1.03 want to test that?
KO punch is unchanged

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Destroying the bike while it moves would have Wario occasionally take damage and knockback even if he's not on it. Wario could jump off the moving bike and get hit from the other end of the stage through that glitch. It's gone now though. I've never managed to pull it off anymore.

:059:

Chakra-X

Smash Cadet
Erm, you can transfer custom setups between versions, can't you? Which means you can grind for equipment on the train. As for trophies, those are different between versions, and besides, you need some incentive to play solo on Wii U.
I do agree with you on portability. I'm sure some people rarely play their 3DS outside the house, but it's very important to me. If anyone bought the 3DS version of the game purely because it came out first, that's on them.
You kind of can? Like let's say I wanted to play with my Sonic who has a few custom specials, I could absolutely import him in to my Wii U version, but consider this a "read-only" custom character. I can not edit the moves in the Wii U version, no one else can configure their sonic differently unless they import their own Sonic with customs already equipped.This just means that importing allows me to use the customs on that character, but those moves aren't "unlocked" yet. That means if I decide to switch between Shulk's Power Vision and Dash Vision every few matches, I have to re import from my 3DS every time, or I guess make different variance of Shulk from the beginning and import them in to the Wii U version.As far as trophies though, I believe none of that carries over unless I am mistaken

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Wow Reflex I'm impressed, Really nice find. I can confirm that KO punch has super armor now. I can't post a gif but i surely can post a few photos. (Might not be the best quality though)

Ko punched The Blast Box and survived in around 120%. And I'm pretty sure this move didn't had armor before.

Now I don't now in what exact frames the super armor starts but I'm sure is already activated when the punch hitbox is out.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wow Reflex I'm impressed, Really nice find. I can confirm that KO punch has super armor now. I can't post a gif but i surely can post a few photos. (Might not be the best quality though)

Ko punched The Blast Box and survived in around 120%. And I'm pretty sure this move didn't had armor before.

Now I don't now in what exact frames the super armor starts but I'm sure is already activated when the punch hitbox is out.
hey

hey you

be impressed with me

because ko punch was unchanged

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
hey

hey you

be impressed with me

because ko punch was unchanged
Ok then.

Edit: @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Just to say I would of understood you better if you said that it always had super armor, because I can (almost) say that none of us in the Little Mac boards knew it had any armor whatsoever. And I just can remember being hit out of it, but if it was always there that's cool.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
it wasnt added because it's basically all placebo

There's like, 5 things there that haven't been changed and 2 things that we have in the OP already
Fsmash damage was always 11.5% & 19.5%?
Also, the BAir kill % was tested to be different on multiple accounts... Although now that I think about it, that could be due to the change in DI/physics mechanics. The BAir spike is also nonexistent.

We did quite a bit of testing and unconfirmed a lot of placebo hypotheses, so I'd like to think those 3 things are true. If you say those things are unchanged from the previous version, then I guess our 1.0.3 testing was pretty bad, because they are there in 1.0.4.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think I have confirmed that 3DS V 1.0.4 version and Wii U aren't the same.
I'm pretty sure that's true. If you watch Vex vs Dapuffster on CTs Youtube Channel you'll see that Vex pulls off the dthrow -> fair combo with DDD - something that's not supposed to work that way anymore.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
So R.O.B.'s unchanged, right? He's not in the OP, but I just want to make sure you guys didn't, like, forget about him or something. I'm asking for a whiny friend.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ike's dtilt has way more cooldown in the wii-u version as well. There's definitely differences.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did you test it with the 3DS at the same time? It still felt fast to me but I didn't test it that far. Still hits upwards as well.
Mmm, no I didn't test it side by side. It was just very clearly much slower in the wii-u version IMO, but I could be wrong. I'll test it later tonight side by side and tag you in a post with the results. I hate to spread misinformation.

Last edited:

peNNy

Smash Cadet
I dont know if it is just me, but it kind of feels like the time between Marth's (and so may be lucinas) 2 jabs may be shortened.. could someone test it for me? :p

Last edited:

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Has there been any changes to Megaman's special moves like metal blade ? Metalblade seems to end up in the ground if you shield against it for you to pick up. Seems to happen a lot and I've never noticed. Has that always been a thing or has the chance of it bouncing off a shield and sticking to ground increased?

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
I'm pretty sure that's true. If you watch Vex vs Dapuffster on CTs Youtube Channel you'll see that Vex pulls off the dthrow -> fair combo with DDD - something that's not supposed to work that way anymore.

What percents is this happening at? At up to about 40% vs everyone you can still down throw into fair. They get knocked up at a good height for it, but depending on DI or character neutral air is sometimes better. It isn't until a little later that you are forced to down throw to up air.

Edit: I checked out the videos since vex is great, and wow that down throw trajectory lead to fair even at above 80%. I'd like to see more than two down throws but this is possibly a good catch. I am hyper cautious of the placebo effect after reading this thread lol

Last edited:

Meloetta Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
Taruzard
3DS FC
3110-5198-0358
Villager's FAir and BAir arent buffed in damage.

The furthest hit is still 2.5% (FAir) and 3% (BAir). I posted the results (text only, but another member confirmed my results a few pages later) in an earlier post.

Whether or not they changed how far along the pellet has to fly to be considered "Mid" range for the 4%/5% on each is another story, which COULD be why it was initially thought to be a buff to long range pellets.

Edit: Reposting this since it hasn't been fixed in the front page yet ;A;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom