• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Wario's forward tilt seems to do 1% more damage, so that should be added to the OP. I also don't know if it's just me, but I feel that the Wheelie seems to have slightly more knockback.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Falcon, Pit, and Dark Pit all have a similar line: Subactions windbox unknown parameter changed 0x3F -> 0x1F

I'm guessing this move is their side B, which apparently has a windbox and now it has been reduced?
Well, the angels have windboxes in two moves: Breezy Flight (custom), and Guardian Orbitars. Although it's an astute observation seeing as they all have similar Sspecials, but no noticeable windboxes on 'em. Perhaps the actual attack is triggered by a windbox connecting with the opponent?

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I don't think he did. I think they just realized that only Japan cares about Shulk so they overbuffed him.

jamesdp5

Smash Rookie
Wow i can't belive they nefted dr mario, if anything he needed to be buffed, however he does feel a bit faster to me

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Shulk definitely did not need buffs. I still can't get over how overly-good his counter is. There is no escape...

Pikachu, on the other hand...yeah. I'm so pleased with his buffs. Haven't had a chance to play with this update yet, but more potential for kill moves = happy me. Now, if only they'd let me QAC...

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Did Shulk reeealy need all thoe buffs?
Shulk used Shadow Eye, which caused people to ignore him while buffing his base stats.

Keep your aggro on Shulk, people! We can't let him keep getting better!

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm pretty sure custom specials are in those data files, although maybe not all of them.

I was able to find all instances/customs of shieldbreaker on Marth, including one of them having an aerial instance.
But they only cover the 'release' of the charge, not the charging part itself (which is like an 11 frame animation).

I'm not going to try to decrypt/find dancing blade or variations there of in there, but I believe some/a lot are. Found Dolphin Slash / Crescent Slash too.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda I don't know if someone already posted this: Luma still can attack while Rosalina is grabbed.

http://youtu.be/gC9UGqMPT2s?t=17m9s

EDIT: Ah, I may have confused "being grabbed" with "being thrown". Is that the distinction?
Bingo you got it.

@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda
Peach can N-air lock as before - it has not been changed in any way.

@Thinkaman
How are you viewing the character script files? I'm familiar with modding Brawl characters and I recognize a lot of the sub-actions, so I may be of some help if it's needed. :)
Ima need some confirmation on this: can peach still 0-death peeps?

@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda @Aoi Inu / blue dog

Let me handle changes in the op from here pls but I'm at work at so give me 6 hours to update the op
Sir yes sir!

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
Did the Dr. Mario change where Dair had less lag on it get deconfirmed or something? I ask because I noticed its not up there anymore.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
But the best player in Japan mains Diddy right now?
But WiiU would've been in print a month ago at the latest.
If they did take japan opinions/words, it would've been the initial ones primarily. Which, IIRC, had Rosalina Sheik, and as third... Yoshi? Or Greninja or something? It's been a while.

Which is dumb/crazy, that list had Ike and Shulk as bottom tier, yet neither of which seemed helpless/not tuned well enough for competitive use.
Losing a little tiny bit of faith here towards Sakurai here, unfortunately :(

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Made a few changes to my post on the previous page.

Also, Greninja's Fair bkb is incorrectly labled as 86 in the OP when it should be 84. Someone should probably double-check values in the OP.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
If they did take japan opinions/words, it would've been the initial ones primarily. Which, IIRC, had Rosalina Sheik, and as third... Yoshi? Or Greninja or something? It's been a while.

Which is dumb/crazy, that list had Ike and Shulk as bottom tier, yet neither of which seemed helpless/not tuned well enough for competitive use.
You mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/FsYIK1x.png

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well the biggest buffs we see are for Ike, Shulk and Ganondorf out of everyone.
While MK was buffed (he really needed it); funnily enough the hitbox changes now means he can up air/down air to BEAT THINGS.

The biggest nerfs we saw were to Sheik and Rosalina, fair changes to Yoshi, although I think his main issue is too high damage per hit (1% cuts would be enough to align me to be less abusive in contrast to others). Greninja kinda gutted and ZSS not really touched.

At the least I'm sure Sakurai had dominating Greninja wifi stats to go off.

Perhaps Sakurai just felt the top 4 needed tuning down, and knew that Palutena wasn't that bad (although she got small buffs anyway); the bottom 4 got buffs.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Metaknight is over donkey kong.

What in the 9 hells is this blasphemous travesty?!

Edit: and ness?! Yo **** the land of the rising sun.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Made a few changes to my post on the previous page.

Also, Greninja's Fair bkb is incorrectly labled as 86 in the OP when it should be 84. Someone should probably double-check values in the OP.
Yes I am changing the op when I get the chance.

Getting a haircut and then reformatting the entire thing, fixing small errors and swapping the values we think are bkb to kbg

Tagxy

Smash Lord

If you had to make adjustments one month ago for the wii U though, wouldnt you play it safe? Rosalina and Sheik were out the door good. Well maybe thats too optimistic, but I feel Id rather choose the safe option of no changes. Characters may have fallen below Ike, Ganon and Shulk but it was also very apparent they needed a bit of help here and there. I wouldnt exactly consider any of them too good now, but maybe its too early too tell.

And at others while its possible they considered opinions from Japanese players I doubt that was their greatest consideration.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Well the biggest buffs we see are for Ike, Shulk and Ganondorf out of everyone.
While MK was buffed (he really needed it); funnily enough the hitbox changes now means he can up air/down air to BEAT THINGS.

The biggest nerfs we saw were to Sheik and Rosalina, fair changes to Yoshi, although I think his main issue is too high damage per hit (1% cuts would be enough to align me to be less abusive in contrast to others). Greninja kinda gutted and ZSS not really touched.

At the least I'm sure Sakurai had dominating Greninja wifi stats to go off.

Perhaps Sakurai just felt the top 4 needed tuning down, and knew that Palutena wasn't that bad (although she got small buffs anyway); the bottom 4 got buffs.
Or maybe this is his clever way of getting us to pay a little bit less attention to the top characters and a little bit more to the bottom.

...Which is exactly what is happening.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you had to make adjustments one month ago for the wii U though, wouldnt you play it safe? Rosalina and Sheik were out the door good. Well maybe thats too optimistic, but I feel Id rather choose the safe option of no changes. Characters may have fallen below Ike, Ganon and Shulk but it was also very apparent they needed a bit of help here and there. I wouldnt exactly consider any of them too good now, but maybe its too early too tell.

And at others while its possible they considered opinions from Japanese players I doubt that was their greatest consideration.
Well as I see it, it looks like the top 4 and bottom 4 of that japanese tier list were focused on the most out of anyone else.
I can respect this. Like, take an initial relatively well thought out list (for the time/observations), likelihood of the top X or bottom X actually needing adjustments would be pretty high.

It seems to me that there's a good chance this 1 week in tier list (it was just 1 week in or less I'm pretty sure) was considered.

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
I think this might be the most recent Japanese tier list.
And this was in version 1.0.3. In 1.0.4 Diddy lost nothing, while every single other S-tier and A-tier lost something.

I think, at the moment, Diddy truly is the only S-tier character.

Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Simmer down thats not a definitive tier list. Granted I do think most people believe Diddy will be sitting pretty after this update.

No love lost for the swordsman in Japan. Guess thats good news for the ones over here.

If Sonic, Diddy, and perhaps Lucario were toned down a bit, I dont think this game would need to be touched for years aside from a couple game fixes and buffs here and there.

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Simmer down thats not a definitive tier list. Granted I do think most people believe Diddy will be sitting pretty after this update.

No love lost for the swordsman in Japan. Guess thats good news for the ones over here.

If Sonic, Diddy, and perhaps Lucario were toned down a bit, I dont think this game would need to be touched for years aside from a couple buffs here and there.
Haha of course it's not definitive. I mean, they have no separation between Marth and Lucina on the list. The placement of Sonic, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff among others also seem quite a bit off.

I'm just saying that, according to this list (which, perhaps, is a list that would catch the attention of Mr. Sakurai), Diddy would probably stand alone if it was updated for 1.0.4. And I think that part would actually be accurate.

Sonic, Diddy, and perhaps Lucario... huh. You hit the nail on the head with what I would like to see fixed. Although I think it's possible that Lucario's recovery nerf was enough, despite his aura mechanic being absurd.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Haha of course it's not definitive. I mean, they have no separation between Marth and Lucina on the list. The placement of Sonic, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff among others also seem quite a bit off.

I'm just saying that, according to this list (which, perhaps, is a list that would catch the attention of Mr. Sakurai), Diddy would probably stand alone if it was updated for 1.0.4. And I think that part would actually be accurate.

Sonic, Diddy, and perhaps Lucario... huh. You hit the nail on the head with what I would like to see fixed. Although I think it's possible that Lucario's recovery nerf was enough, despite his aura mechanic being absurd.
loss of vertical vectoring was a huge nerf to Lucario. He's much worse in many matchups now, because his own vertical KO power isn't that impressive, but he dies much earlier off the top

Feryn Hyrk

Smash Rookie
Why there is no Mii Brawler, Mii Swordsmasn and Mii Gunner on the 2 tier lists posted?

Do these tier lists took in account the characters with their best customs?

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Why there is no Mii Brawler, Mii Swordsmasn and Mii Gunner on the 2 tier lists posted?

Do these tier lists took in account the characters with their best customs?
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't think they take into account custom moves. The Japanese smash scene seems to generally be against them.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
>Game releases

>Tier list released two weeks later

>People shocked at inaccuracies

??????

I think, at the moment, Diddy truly is the only S-tier character.
Sanic's the name, jank's his game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom