• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Through testing (FD Pac Maze/Center/Default Mii) it seems that the only change to Mega Man's knockback is that B-Air now kills about 5% earlier, ~150%>155%

Still double double checking everything but so far this seems to be the only/major change on his regular attacks that we've seen some consensus on.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If there were any changes to Marth this patch I'm 90% certain it isn't frame data or % damage related, all of those seem the same and I have previous frame data to compare to.

Knockback angles/etc could be slightly different, but who knows, it isn't obvious by any reliable means and who can be bothered to check? :p
Such things I'm happy to wait for @ Dantarion Dantarion for.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
To be more precise with the f-air buff
http://gfycat.com/AromaticFarAlligatorgar

It still whiffs against jumping opponents (both forward and up-angled)

It fully connects against light characters because of the zero knockback people were talking about

Edit: Oh wait. I got one to connect against a mid air puff. OKAY, now they're all connecting.

I don't know what I did wrong at first but all the angled f-smashes I did against jumping puff and mario are connecting. Maybe there's a specific point where it won't hit. Not sure. Needs more testing
In that gif, the two attacks aren't even synchronized. One starts before the other. 1.04, to be exact.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Wow, you're all great! Didn't expect this much info or this many changes! Seems like a brand new game. Shulk sounds significantly better and good to know the Villager didn't get any extreme nerfs...yet. Sorry I'm not a great help, I'll update now and see if I notice anything, I play a lot of Villager so I hope I can be observant enough to notice something and help out. Otherwise will all this already be applied to the Wii U version or will they have an update before the game comes out to reduce traffic and have us start playing ASAP?

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Now I'm wondering why they removed it since DACUS doesn't break the game in anyway if everyone can perform it and take advantage from it. It's not like Character X has a wonky hitbox or a move that's too powerful or too fast to react or too spammy.
NOT everyone can though, in the end it's an exploit of what is presumably a window put in to make usmashing from a run easier on casuals that has the unintended side effect of carrying momentum from dash attacks. Unless they specifically patched it into 1.0.4 making 1.0.4 different from Wii U (which it's not, and honestly I don't care enough with a community this stubborn if i had to test), it is GONE.

The why doesn't really matter, and honestly we all know that it's to prevent any kind of techskill barrier, which sakurai doesn't want this game to have.

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
Now I'm wondering why they removed it since DACUS doesn't break the game in anyway if everyone can perform it and take advantage from it. It's not like Character X has a wonky hitbox or a move that's too powerful or too fast to react or too spammy.
My best guess is just that it didn't sit well with them during playtesting, some people have infinitely superior dacus's to others, maybe they thought that was unfair, who knows.

That said the better question is why was it in brawl, and THEN the original 3ds version, surely they must have known about it?

Off Topic: have we made any significant progress since I was last here 2 and a half hours ago?

akasheo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Akasheo
i did this over and over at 1/4 speed (L) . i swear i spot the difference, but eh, ill take Thinkaman and shayas word on this.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Most characters actually didn't get anything meaningful out of it. Very few characters (about 12 iirc) have the right properties (most notably high momentum on their dash attack's startup frames, low friction also helps) to get a good DACUS, so most just stick to running or JC usmashes. ZSS for example? Her DACUS went just as far as a running usmash, no farther. When I looked closely I saw why: the momentum boost on her dash attack is delayed by several frames, she does a fancy little turnaround before launching into the attack.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Just tested my 1.0.4 alongside my brother's 1.0.3. I tested Greninja, Falco, and Mario. These were all tested on Mario:

- Greninja's Shadow Sneak now does 12% instead of 10% Nope, it always did 12% if you charged it.
- Falco's twirling attack when you hold A now does 1/2% per hit instead of 1% per hit. Nope, always was 0.5%.
- Falco's finisher now does 3% instead of 5%. Nope, always was 3%.
- I don't know if all the hits are connecting, but the most damage I can get with Falco's Fire Bird is 21% instead of 31%. Fire Bird does 16% with all hits afaik. Unchanged.
- Mario's Down Smash now does 14% instead of 13.98% when sourspot is fully charged. Sweetspot is the same. I got 14% in 1.0.3.
- Mario's F-Air now does 12% when sourspotted instead of 10%. Sweetspot is the same. Nope, always did 12%
- Mario's Fireball now does 4% from far away. Still does 5% up close though. Nope, always did 4% from a distance; many projectiles work this way.
- Mario's Cape now does 7% instead of 4%. Nope, always did 7%.
- Mario Finale now does 32% instead of 31%. Nope, it's multi-hit, the damage naturally varies.
Please get this signed by a parent and see me after class.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i did this over and over at 1/4 speed (L) . i swear i spot the difference, but eh, ill take Thinkaman and shayas word on this.
Well, there's still the 0.00001% chance that Marth/Lucina's sword got increased in size by a few pixels, but I wouldn't want to derail anything with CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

http://i.imgur.com/zhp3bfv.png

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Please get this signed by a parent and see me after class.
What if @Spiderfog is a college, graduate student, or some random worker? Parents don't rule over Spiderfog anymore.

Well, there's still the 1% chance that Marth/Lucina's sword got increased in size by a few pixels, but I wouldn't want to derail anything with CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

http://i.imgur.com/zhp3bfv.png
Magic. Let's just call it magic that increases sword range. Say it with me now: MAGIC.

Last edited:

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
I hate this patch...... This game has become not fun for me anymore. Back to Brawl and Melee I go.
I can't even imagine what happened that so drastically affected your experience, especially for the like, less than a day its been out. Sorry you feel that way anyway.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i know i mentioned it earlier but just to reiterate incase is was over looked by some, sonic, megaman and game and watch have been confirmed to no longer lose the abiity to reuse their up b after getting grabbed out of there up b.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I think Ness's dair might come out faster, but i haven't tested it and it might be wishful thinking.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
marth's sword does seem slightly longer, but the hitbox doesn't seem to match the blade. I don't have the ability to test side-by-side with 1.03 though.

Also Falco's DAir doesn't seem to be faster at all, unless it's a very, very tiny change. Though I'm not surprised people are saying it's faster, people were saying the same with 1.03 AND 1.02 when it was unchanged.

Last edited:

TheKingOfThings

Smash Rookie
Olimar's Dair has been sped up. It can be SH canceled but if you slam into the ground (take to long out of your hop to use it) the ending animation where he puts his arms out and bends down will still last like it did before. I can't confirm it for everyone but I'm very used to the old version at this point and now it's much easier to use in combat.

marth's sword does seem slightly longer, but the hitbox doesn't seem to match the blade. I don't have the ability to test side-by-side with 1.03 though.
I've been playing with Marth lately and especially been in training mode working on that tip action. I'm not sure if his sword is longer (because I haven''t checked) but I have noticed since I began training that the "tip" that gives you extra knockback doesn't seem to be exactly the tip of the sword but more infront. It's kinda weird but also helpful. Just pointing it out for entertainments sake.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Zelda Din's and Phantom confirmed to have the same timing between versions.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
http://i.imgur.com/5LF7aRT.png

Automated changedata is coming!
I need to fix my data dumper to properly format things for human consumption, THEN WE ARE GOOD TO GO

This screenshot illustates what I believe is this change from the OP
"- Dtilt damage increased to 8% from 7%, endlag reduced, knockback angle is more vertical"

If you look, the Damage goes from 7 to 8, the angle from 0x169 (sakurai angle) to 0x50 (80 decimal) which matches up DIRECTLY with what has been said. However, I need to work on this more, I want to be able to provide accurate changelogs for the public to sift through, so just bear with the patch for now!

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/100To104.html
These are all of the change files between launch and 104

Last edited:

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if there's less changes than people proclaim there is, the most interesting thing here is how powerful the placebo effect seems to affect people

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Oh come now. That's a little much don't you think?
No. They ruined my characters.

I liked these little "glitches". They are fun and I feel like it makes my character stand out. Them fixing them like Peach's ledge turnip pulls really ruins it for me. I can't surprise my opponent's from behind anymore with luma cause he returns to fast after the move and he doesn't react when rosalina first enters hitstun to any imputs I do. I'm super disappointed with this game and Sakurai. I can't believe I spent almost two years hyping myself up for this.

At least I can do special things with Peach and Olimar in Brawl, PM, and Melee. Its a shame cause I really wish Rosalina was a character in those games. I wonder what cool stuff she would have had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom