• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
Shulk Power Vision is still unblockable.
Isn't vision in general unblockable?

If we're pretending Zelda isn't on the roster, I very much agree with you.
To be fair, they DID say there were some things that could've been done better.

I most definitely forsee Zelda buffs next patch (whenever that is, I certainly hope its not soon though, since you know; metagame needs time to develop).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Pit can still glitch through Yoshi's (Brawl) with a ledge attack during a ledge steal.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
:4pit:
Here are some things I found that seemed a little bit different with Pit. (This requires some confirmation, as I don't have a spare 3DS along with a previous patch)

Buffs (unconfirmed)

• Utilt seems to have more range.
  • His bair seems to have more range, and comes out quicker.
  • Fair seems to have more knock back, and less of a multi hit move.

Nerf (unconfirmed)

• The side B's super armor is not as effective when you get hit by someone from the ground from certain attacks. Still works, just not as effective.

Again, I want to someone else to test these, just to make sure if they are true

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Diddy's multihitting tail jab seemingly links together better now, both with multiple hits and the jab ender.

It used to drop people all the time in 1.0.3, but now it's all pretty consistently linking together.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So guys, do you think we've found all of the changes to each character, or is there still anything left to uncover at this point?

Orinstein

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2852-7635-7796
These small unnecessary changes that i'm seeing for character such as Zelda, Bowser Jr, and Ness are really strange of Nintendo to toss in. I really hope that there's was more changes than just that.

Has anyone found any changes to ROB?

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
DK, Charizard, and Ganondorf almost unchanged, eh?
Ganondorf has a pretty noticeable decrease to the landing lag on nair. Its rumored he got similar changes to his other aerials, but we've yet to confirm that.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Didn't see Yoshi on the original post, but I also haven't read through the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been posted. These are things that the Yoshi boards have noticed (besides glitch fixes):
  • More lag after dash attack (probably the biggest change)
  • Small Increase in lag after dair
  • Longer start-up and cooldown on Neutral+B
  • Down+B no longer slides off edges on slopes. We still slide when hitting an incline though, just not off the stage.
No changes to damage, and no noticeable change in knockback thus far.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ganon dair also has less landing lag, VERY slightly less.

Bair and uair are the same.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
If we're pretending Zelda isn't on the roster, I very much agree with you.
I try to pretend she's not on the roster, but I keep running into them on For Glory. It makes me sad.

I believe that Ganon's FAir did receive a slight lag reduction like Thinkaman said; it's more visible to me than NAir because FAir is a more powerful move.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Didn't see Yoshi on the original post, but I also haven't read through the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been posted. These are things that the Yoshi boards have noticed (besides glitch fixes):
  • More lag after dash attack (probably the biggest change)
  • Small Increase in lag after dair
  • Longer start-up and cooldown on Neutral+B
  • Down+B no longer slides off edges on slopes. We still slide when hitting an incline though, just not off the stage.
No changes to damage, and no noticeable change in knockback thus far.
I ignore any changes I see for Yoshi. Screw that guy.

I also think Aerodrome is taking care of the dino.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
How are you testing this? Simply putting two 3DS side by side won't give you an accurate frame reference.
Yes they do. For sensitive tests like this, I put both in frame advance mode, and input a single frame of the input on each one in turn, while paused.

Then I transition both to 0.25x speed at the same moment, which is easy to synchronize. I can then watch the moves animate with whatever input I want (usually shield) at 0.25x speed. It's easy to see when one interrupts before the other.

Edit:
For moves with different knockback values or angle, even a small difference is visible when two synchronized videos of it go at the same time. The way the camera works emphasizes this.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
lol zelda is good though have you not seen nairo's?
Not this again.

Nairo's control over Zelda is magnificent. She looks good right now because her entire strategy is based around heavy punishment. Something which becomes less and less reliable of a playstyle once people learn to stop making mistakes.

It's a repeat of Brawl. Zelda appears to do fine for a while, fast-forward a few months and the bottom-tier queen has found her throne once more.

Last edited:

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
AT's don't make competitive gameplay. Deep mechanics do. A lot of ATs are a result of mechanics, so if the mechanics are bad then the game is bad. More than any other fighting game, the smash takes advantage of its in-game exploits and ATs to further its metagame. But can we really say that by removing these exploits in patches, Nintendo isn't supporting the evolution of the metagame.

I just hate people who say smash 4 isn't good because they want wavedashing and a bunch of advanced techniques. No, you don't know what you want. You don't want wavedashing and all these in-game exploits.You want a game that is deep.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Not this again.

Nairo's control over Zelda is magnificent. She looks good right now because her entire strategy is based around heavy punishment. Something which becomes less and less reliable of a playstyle once people learn to stop making mistakes.

It's a repeat of Brawl. Zelda appears to do fine for a while, fast-forward a few months and the bottom-tier queen has found her throne once more.
punishment is not not reletive to just your opponet making mistakes. in a battle you create the oppening. but i guess we will just agree to disagree. i doubt anything will change in regards to her arials much in future patches.
ganons very punishment heavy to but he seems mid teir as well.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Here are some things I found that seemed a little bit different with Pit. (This requires some confirmation, as I don't have a spare 3DS along with a previous patch)

Buffs (unconfirmed)

Nerf (unconfirmed)

• The side B's super armor is not as effective when you get hit by someone from the ground from certain attacks. Still works, just not as effective.

Utilt and Fair Feel unchanged
Bair feels unchanged as well, could use secondary confirmation, especially on Bair

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Link's Fastfalled Dair no longer bounces off opponents. It goes through them like in Brawl.
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman can you double check this for me?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If that were the case, you'd think she'd have substantially improved from Brawl to begin with.

Face it, Zelda fans. Sakurai's team doesn't like us, and probably never will.
Yes, X-Files, ect. ect.

Anyone have anything else I need to test tonight?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Link's Fastfalled Dair no longer bounces off opponents. It goes through them like in Brawl.
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman can you double check this for me?
I am getting a bounce on 1.0.4.

Buffs (unconfirmed)

Nerf (unconfirmed)

None of these seem true with testing.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yes they do. For sensitive tests like this, I put both in frame advance mode, and input a single frame of the input on each one in turn, while paused.

Then I transition both to 0.25x speed at the same moment, which is easy to synchronize. I can then watch the moves animate with whatever input I want (usually shield) at 0.25x speed. It's easy to see when one interrupts before the other.
Pressing L when in frame advance mode doesn't give you a single frame of input, it will go past 1 frame. Others who are using the same method have different 'confirmations' than you. @Yikarur, for example, stated that he confirmed Ganon does indeed have lower ending lag on fair (as well as dair, uair and bair).

Last edited:

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
I like that the forward Smash and grab for Link were improved, but did he HAVE to take out the ability to cancel landing lag for attacks via bomb tossing?
That was one of the better options Link had for harassing on approach...

Has anyone done more extensive testing on Link? I'd like to know if he got any sort of buffs to his damage or movement speed, or at least some buffs to his lag recovery after using an attack...

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Pressing L when in frame advance mode doesn't give you a single frame of input, it will go past 1 frame. Others who are using the same method have different 'confirmations' than you. @Yikarur, for example, stated that he confirmed Ganon does indeed have lower ending lag on fair (as well as dair, uair and bair).
Right, I have to try multiple times sometimes. However, when you get both 3DSs paused on the same animation frame, it's obvious.

Again, I am getting less landing lag on dair, fair, and nair. If there's any reduction on bair and uair, it's extremely small.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Lol Falco nerfed with the weakening of vaccum hitboxes on multi-hit moves. FF FAir gimp was his best kill option but now you can't fast-fall during it without the enemy escaping T_T
Apparently it has more killpower though, so that's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom