• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I ignore any changes I see for Yoshi. Screw that guy.

I also think Aerodrome is taking care of the dino.
But Thinkman already confirmed a bunch of Yoshi stuff in this post:
I cannot replicate this. Side-by-side, I see the same results and spacings.

Hard to tell; can some set up a use case for me to test clearly?

All confirmed; except the last one, deconfirmed..

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
He specifically stated "fastfalled DAir," and it does indeed go through the target. Not sure if it wasn't like this in 1.0.3 though.
Yeah, I got a bounce of out FF. Will reconfirm...

Meian

Smash Cadet
Where did you get that from? If they don't know about it they can learn about it right then and there.I liked things like these in characters because it was something extra. Now all i can do is just pluck a laggy turnip. I can't have some skill and cancel it off the ledges anymore and look cool doing it. This is just one thing among many more things.

And btw its not my problem if they don't know about the glitches. There is nothing smug about using them. Just be smart and play around it.
Your sig lies. Play games just for fun huh.

If glitches are what defines fun then this is not the game for you, no loss to the smash community.

If that were the case, you'd think she'd have substantially improved from Brawl to begin with.

Face it, Zelda fans. Sakurai's team doesn't like us, and probably never will.
Considering this is probably the better version of Zelda since previous games, I disagree.

Anyone have anything else I need to test tonight?
Feels like that is a good bit. So Dark Pit was just his arrow being able to curve slightly more I guess was the only change?

Edit: Assuming if true, only played him a little earlier.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Right, I have to try multiple times sometimes. However, when you get both 3DSs paused on the same animation frame, it's obvious.

Again, I am getting less landing lag on dair, fair, and nair. If there's any reduction on bair and uair, it's extremely small.
Thinkaman said:
Ganondorf:
Aerial landing lag on Fair decreased? NOPE
Faster startup on grounded down B? NOPE
There you go.

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
He specifically stated "fastfalled DAir," and it does indeed go through the target. Not sure if it wasn't like this in 1.0.3 though.
Confirmed Fast Fall Dair Does not bounce off an opponent when hit. This is a change for 1.0.3 as He bounced off of them even during a Fast fall then

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Confirmed Fast Fall Dair Does not bounce off an opponent when hit. This is a change for 1.0.3 as He bounced off of them even during a Fast fall then
I am always getting a bounce, even when fast falling, in 1.0.4. We're talking about the spike hitbox, right? Please advise.

Feels like that is a good bit. So Dark Pit was just his arrow being able to curve slightly more I guess was the only change?

Edit: Assuming if true, only played him a little earlier.
Confirmed false.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Considering this is probably the better version of Zelda since previous games, I disagree.
Oh, Smash 4 is Zelda's best showing indeed. She's still in need of plenty, though.

But that's enough criticism from me.

I'm glad Lady Paly seems to be doing great.

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
I am always getting a bounce, even when fast falling, in 1.0.4. We're talking about the spike hitbox, right? Please advise.
i believe he was talking about fast falling when Dair is active and not activating Dair while fast falling. the former no longer has the bounce while the latter does

Last edited:

Deus

Smash Journeyman
AT's don't make competitive gameplay. Deep mechanics do. A lot of ATs are a result of mechanics, so if the mechanics are bad then the game is bad. More than any other fighting game, the smash takes advantage of its in-game exploits and ATs to further its metagame. But can we really say that by removing these exploits in patches, Nintendo isn't supporting the evolution of the metagame.

I just hate people who say smash 4 isn't good because they want wavedashing and a bunch of advanced techniques. No, you don't know what you want. You don't want wavedashing and all these in-game exploits.You want a game that is deep.
The little glitches being patched don't bug me. The things they have changed the since melee that really bug me is just the overall freedom of movement and speed being restricted. I really don't see why they took out dash dancing... Having no kind of L-cancel makes it so you generally want to avoid fast falling so moves can auto cancel. Sure, wavedashing wasn't intended to be used the way it was, but at least every character could do it (yeah, it wasn't great for some characters but whatever) and it was just more movement options.

*shrug* I don't know, just my opinion, hopefully more movement techniques will be discovered as the game is released on the WII U in the US, but whatever.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
i believe he was talking about fast falling when Dair is active and not activating Dair while fast falling. the former no longer has the bounce while the latter does
This is exactly what I'm doing. FF, then dair, and hit. Bounces on 1.0.4.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
The little glitches being patched don't bug me. The things they have changed the since melee that really bug me is just the overall freedom of movement and speed being restricted. I really don't see why they took out dash dancing... Having no kind of L-cancel makes it so you generally want to avoid fast falling so moves can auto cancel. Sure, wavedashing wasn't intended to be used the way it was, but at least every character could do it (yeah, it wasn't great for some characters but whatever) and it was just more movement options.

*shrug* I don't know, just my opinion, hopefully more movement techniques will be discovered as the game is released on the WII U in the US, but whatever.
This discussion isn't particularly relevant to the thread?

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789

lol i think melee in general was never ment to be played the way it is.
i feel he wants techs that everbody can use universally without anybodyhaving a gross advantage with it. cough fox cough.
and if you are aware of the falco master 3000 thing you would know that dash dancing dosenot generally do much more than standing inplace really.
but that falco player was really damn gud though.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Dair -> FF Does not bounce
FF -> Dair Does.
I don't know how to be more clear.

I am fast falling. Then doing a dair. It bounces on hit.

I can confirm Greninja has ~5 frames extra cooldown lag on neutral b (both charge levels)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just got a link dair to not bounce on 1.0.4, the first out of like 50. I'm not sure how it happened, trying to repro.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I am getting a bounce on 1.0.4.
I know that normal Dair bounces, but I specified FastFalling Dair. I'm constantly testing it, and it does go through opponents. You mind double checking? Several other people have gotten the same result as well.

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice

I guess there's been miscommunication across the board here then
When i Dair then fast fall, link does not bounce. in 1.0.3 he does bounce.
The Dair must come before the fast fall in this case.
when the fast fall comes first like you've said the bounce still occurs

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I just got a link dair to not bounce on 1.0.4, the first out of like 50. I'm not sure how it happened, trying to repro.
Are you doing the spike hit or not? Maybe it's the opposite of whatever hit you're doing right now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

I can confirm Greninja has ~5 frames extra cooldown lag on neutral b (both charge levels)
using an aerial cancels fastfalling in this game, you have to fastfall during the aerial.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I have been trying out a lot of things and I was hoping to get some help testing this out between versions.

Can someone (@ Thinkaman Thinkaman ) test to see if all air dodges now properly AC when the IASA kicks in instead of after (which required you to buffer an aerial to circumvent landing lag). I feel like this is the case, but I'm not sure if this is a universal change or just character specific.

Also, is it possible to Roll Cancel Pivot Grab while standing in place in 1.04? I can't seem to do it anymore.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I guess to clarify, you must Dair FIRST then Fastfall. You will see the difference. Dair after FastFalling will cause Link to go to his normal falling speed. Pretty weird, but this has been a known fact since Brawl.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I guess there's been miscommunication across the board here then
When i Dair then fast fall, link does not bounce. in 1.0.3 he does bounce.
The Dair must come before the fast fall in this case.
when the fast fall comes first like you've said the bounce still occurs
Ah, yes! I was under the impression you were saying it the other way--FF then dair to get a no-bounce.

I can confirm that FF after the dair results in a bounce in 1.0.3, and no bounce in 1.0.4.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
lol i think melee in general was never ment to be played the way it is.
i feel he wants techs that everbody can use universally without anybodyhaving a gross advantage with it. cough fox cough.
and if you are aware of the falco master 3000 thing you would know that dash dancing dosenot generally do much more than standing inplace really.
but that falco player was really damn gud though.
Sorry if I was being off topic, but yeah I was talking about things that would be for the entire cast. I certainly wouldn't want stuff like fox drillshining you across FD back.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
This is almost certainly the placebo effect, but I feel like Yoshi's Bair hitbox may have been adjusted to hit grounded characters better. I'm finding it much more consistent to land than before.

If anyone who has both versions wants to briefly fiddle around with it and see if there's any kind of obvious difference that'd be cool.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
My roommate is curious if there are any changes to (not Zero Suit) Samus. It appears so far there aren't any?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This is almost certainly the placebo effect, but I feel like Yoshi's Bair hitbox may have been adjusted to hit grounded characters better. I'm finding it much more consistent to land than before.

If anyone who has both versions wants to briefly fiddle around with it and see if there's any kind of obvious difference that'd be cool.
I can't see a difference. Connects the same from various distances for me.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Also, is it possible to Roll Cancel Pivot Grab while standing in place in 1.04? I can't seem to do it anymore.
Not sure how you do it yourself but i have no trouble doing this in 1.0.4 myself. others have reported having problems as well but it might but be a timing window change

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So DDD Gordos:

Bowser Fire Breath doesn't reflect them in either version.

Mega Man Pellets only reflects them in 1.0.4.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Everything I tested on Link was the same timing wise.
Really?
Coulda sworn I was getting less landing lag on his forward and neutral aerials, or at least a buff to the frames in which I could act after landing lag.[IE, It feels like I can now roll/shield sooner compared to before, after landing lag activates on one of those]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom