• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
Pacman - his back air does less damage, side b also does less damage and both can't knock the fire hydrant. Grab has less lag.
Metaknight has less lag on his fair and bair.
Wrong info. Hydrant has more health, about 13. Side b can knock the fire hydrant.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I don't know what to think about balance patches in Smash before yesterday.
Because I don't believe in Sakurai/Nintendo knowledge about balancing the game.
But now it's just... RIGHT!
I'm happy with all changes.Bugs must be removed, OP characters getting some nerfs, bad chars getting buffs.
It's like they are reading our complaints. Maybe we have someone here, in Smashboards ? *___*
----------
Putting my joy aside, what's new about the angels Pit and Dark Pit ?
D.Pit arrows seems to be more easy to control now.

I don't know if it's true, but I would be happy if someone test this:
Are Pit's Guardian Orbitars taking less "damage" to break now ?

Today my Guardian Orbitars was broken by a Yoshi FSmash(charged).
This shield was very hard to break before.
It already takes K-O punch, Falcon Punch, and a Bowser FSmash(uncharged), and was okay.
It's Yoshi FSmash charged a really strong move or the Pit's DownB are easier to break now ?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda New change found on Link.

* Dair>ff no longer bounces off the opponent's shield. This is a change from 1.0.3 where it would bounce (found by Powerstar9 and confirmed by Thinkaman)

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
i honestly am happy my main Bowser only got his sideB nerfed...and hell Dr. Mario gets an increased Fair ! other than that...Why didn't they nerf ZSS'S upB. this move is not supposed to kill at all imo

D

Deleted member

I'm hearing that Toon Link's uair had its knockback nerfed. Can anyone confirm this?
:170:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I stood up very long to help with this thread. Thanks for ignoring everything is posted !
Wont do this again.
We're trying to verify stuff and some people, like myself, were sleeping when more were.

We don't want to add anything we link is potentially incorrect or placebo and we are going to add some of the things you listed that could be confirmed.

Please be patient, we appreciate you helping us out though. :)

Yikarur

Smash Master
But I've already stated that I'm doing side by side comparison.
As the former co-leader of the Brawl SmashLab you can assume some kind of professionality from me :p

@Thinkaman you posted no changes on Ganondorfs other aerials. I got reduced landing lag on all of them. Please double check.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
But I've already stated that I'm doing side by side comparison.
As the former co-leader of the Brawl SmashLab you can assume some kind of professionality from me :p

@Thinkaman you posted no changes on Ganondorfs other aerials. I got reduced landing lag on all of them. Please double check.
I know and realize this.

But we are trying to make sure we are absolutely sure it is 100% true via a lot of input, you verifying it or stating is very very useful. We just are trying to make sure we got it down right since some people, even myself, made mistakes in what was true or false in a lot of this.

Your input is helping a lot, but we are trying to make this 100% legit before we ship it out on the front page.

You are very competent, from what I know from the Brawl Backroom and SmashLab, but either way, we're trying to make sure what we list isn't misinforming people if we learn we did something wrong or were misinformed. That is all.

Sorry if we made you feel like you weren't being listened to, you are! Right now all the people updating the front page will look at it and figure out if we can do such with verification.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Some minor changes I saw...

Pacman:
Bair went from 12% -> 11% (that's why it doesn't send the hydrant flying when fresh

Neutral B charges faster

Whiffed grab recovers faster

Dtilt hitbox is weird. If you stand right up against the opponent and Dtilt, you'll go right through them. -_-

Tristan_win

Not dead.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Wrong info. Hydrant has more health, about 13. Side b can knock the fire hydrant.
No it can't. Are you sure you updated your game? If so go back and try it again. Plus the hydrant had 13 health before and only fresh sweetspot bair could knock it. The hydrant is sturdier though, and side B can't knock it out as it does 12 damage at it's end and that is its maximum damage.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Confirmed:
Ganondorf:
- Dair has slightly decreased landing lag
- Fair has slightly decreased landing lag
- Upair has slightly decreased landing lag
- Bair has slightly decreased landing lag
- Nair has decreased landing lag
We continue to get conflicting reports on this for everything except Nair. I'd like one more person to confirm these before I add them to the OP.

Just a minor thing but buff texts are suppose to be green right? Shulk's buffs are in red but you can leave it as is anyway if you want

Also, what happened to Samus and the Miis? Were there some changes?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Also, not many would be able to notice this, but Ganon's wizard kick animation does start up faster and it also travels faster. I can 100% confirm this.

Tainic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tainic
3DS FC
5327-2155-2373
We continue to get conflicting reports on this for everything except Nair. I'd like one more person to confirm these before I add them to the OP.

Back Air seems to have less lag yeah, same for Up Air, I have no idea about the other moves tho.

Float SSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
Floatwall
3DS FC
0774-4349-7765
Has anyone else noticed a difference in the multi hit part of Sheiks u-air? It feels like there is a hit missing from it or the hits are more spaced apart.

Also, there is some spike hitbox in MKs back air now.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Also, not many would be able to notice this, but Ganon's wizard kick animation does start up faster and it also travels faster. I can 100% confirm this.
Thinkaman said no with side by side comparison

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the multi hit part of Sheiks u-air? It feels like there is a hit missing from it or the hits are more spaced apart.
In the OP, shiek uair is now 4 hits down from 5

Just a minor thing but buff texts are suppose to be green right? Shulk's buffs are in red but you can leave it as is anyway if you want
Aerodrome formats things and makes them look super pretty and red. I go through and make them green because I think its neat. I just woke up :X

I stood up very long to help with this thread. Thanks for ignoring everything is posted !
Wont do this again.
??? The Yoshi changes are from you. I'm not sure what happened to your Rosalina changes, I believe they were lost between edits. I'll throw them back in.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I make them red because it's from last patch :D

I don't care though regarding colours.

Also anything that's formatted pretty is like, 100% right

@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda I removed a few things that were blatant lies, like Link's grab being longer ranged etc

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, so the patch basically did this to my mains, if wrong or not all changes, please tell me
:4greninja:=USmash, UAir is weaker, DAir, Water Shuriken got increased ending lag
:4myfriends:=Buffed, faster, a bit stronger and NAir can combo
:4jigglypuff::4kirby::4rob:=no changes
:4marth:=Throws are a tad bit better, I'd like some better info, and FSmash tips when foe is behind him
:4megaman:=Leaf Shield has less recovery...Yay....
:4sheik:=Less kill power, UAir is weaker
:4shulk:=Deals more damage and knockback, Speed does more damage and Buster takes less

Last edited:

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
Did :4marth:/:4lucina: have any changes? None are mentioned on this page.

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I make them red because it's from last patch :D

I don't care though regarding colours.

Also anything that's formatted pretty is like, 100% right

@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda I removed a few things that were blatant lies, like Link's grab being longer ranged etc
You make them red because you're beautiful.

I thought Thinkalover said the grab range was indeed extended slightly? I do recall it getting confirmed by someone with a side by side.

Meloetta Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
Taruzard
3DS FC
3110-5198-0358
I updated to 1.0.4, and I've been testing Villager's fair/bair after seeing the front page listing the "Distant hit" as 4% and 5%.

Testing by hitting each range 10 times.

The longest range hit is 2.5% on FAir.
2% > 5% > 7% > 10% > 12% > 15% > 17% > 20% > 22% > 25%

With BAir, it's 3%.
3% > 6% > 9% > 12% > 15% > 18% > 21% > 24% > 27% > 30%

Mid-range on FAir is 4%.
4% > 8% > 12% > 16% > 20% > 24% > 28% > 32% > 36% > 40%

Mid-range on Bair is 5%,
5% > 10% > 15% > 20% > 25% > 30% > 35% > 40% > 45% > 50%

Close range on FAir is 7%.
7% > 14% > 21% > 28% > 35% > 42% > 49% > 56% > 63% > 70%

Close range on BAir is 9%.
9% > 18% > 27% > 36% > 45% > 54% > 63% > 72% > 81% > 90%

Edit: If Distant hit means mid-range, then disregard this :p

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I updated to 1.0.4, and I've been testing Villager's fair/bair after seeing the front page listing the "Distant hit" as 4% for both.

Testing by hitting each range 10 times.

The longest range hit is 2.5% on FAir.
2% > 5% > 7% > 10% > 12% > 15% > 17% > 20% > 22% > 25%

With BAir, it's 3%.
3% > 6% > 9% > 12% > 15% > 18% > 21% > 24% > 27% > 30%

Mid-range on FAir is 4%.
4% > 8% > 12% > 16% > 20% > 24% > 28% > 32% > 36% > 40%

Mid-range on Bair is 5%,
5% > 10% > 15% > 20% > 25% > 30% > 35% > 40% > 45% > 50%

Close range on FAir is 7%.
7% > 14% > 21% > 28% > 35% > 42% > 49% > 56% > 63% > 70%

Close range on BAir is 9%.
9% > 18% > 27% > 36% > 45% > 54% > 63% > 72% > 81% > 90%
I DONT KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE ANYMORE

Meloetta Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
Taruzard
3DS FC
3110-5198-0358
I edited the end of my post D: but if the "distant" hit means mid-range, then its correct!

MOAR EDITS: then again, the Villager Guide linked somewhere in the Villager Forum has his %'s listed as Midrange 4% and 5%, and longest range 4% and 5%, so it'd seem the change would be the longest range hit .. But I'm only getting 2.5%/3% at maximum range

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I edited the end of my post D: but if the "distant" hit means mid-range, then its correct!

MOAR EDITS: then again, the Villager Guide linked somewhere in the Villager Forum has his %'s listed as Midrange 4% and 5%, and longest range 4% and 5%, so it'd seem the change would be the longest range hit .. But I'm only getting 2.5%/3% at maximum range
I don't even know anymore

Things I'm waiting on for side by side comparison before I add to the OP (I summon the power of @Thinkaman @Reserved @LordFluffy and @ Yikarur Yikarur ):
- Greninja water shuriken increased endlag
- Ganondorf's aerials decreased landing lag (except Nair)
- ANYTHING marth/lucina
- Ike Nair faster?
- BJr Dair decreased damage by ~0.5%
- Captain Falcon changes to moving forward slightly after using Dtilt or Utilt
- Charizard dragon rush (custom side B ?) damage decreased to 11% from 15%

I'm sure these are not all the things mentioned since I went to sleep but eh I needs to go to work again

Last edited:

Tainic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tainic
3DS FC
5327-2155-2373
speaking of glitches, is the Gordo glitch gone too ?

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Sigh. As much as Cap com sucks for their constant balance updates at least they have the decency to release patch notes. I don't know what to believe!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda : I've been looking at the updates that you've made on the primary post, but I'm confused with something...

For Rosalina, you said "Ending lag increased on whiff" for her grab. You basically mean that her grab has a longer lag time if it misses, right? Some of the terms that I see don't really ring a bell for me.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I wish someone knew how to use Dantarion's data dump: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/100To104.html

To give us hard answers at LEAST on whether characters that have no listed changes were changed in any way. From what I'm hearing, someone went through DK and only found 5 files with changes which are believed to be mostly sound files (but need confirmation of this before that info is official).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda : I've been looking at the updates that you've made on the primary post, but I'm confused with something...

For Rosalina, you said "Ending lag increased on whiff" for her grab. You basically mean that her grab has a longer lag time if it misses, right? Some of the terms that I see don't really ring a bell for me.
We are trying to word things for the layman. Was that confusing? It was just Ending Lag increased before, which was confusing to ME because I didn't realize it was on whiff.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
well if a grab goes into ending lag then it can't have whiffed :D

also panda add that marth/lucina change, im going to bed

balls in your court

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We are trying to word things for the layman. Was that confusing? It was just Ending Lag increased before, which was confusing to ME because I didn't realize it was on whiff.
Yeah I've been trying to add those changes onto one of my own threads at the Rosalina sub-forum. So basically, Rosalina's missed grabs have a longer lag time now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom