• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Huge change that i didnt notice ------

Jump particle effects from Brawl are back! Enjoy those little smoke trails that come out of your butt as you rise from jumping.

Dont remember these being in game at all before this patch.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Okay so I guess i should explain why I think bowsercide was killed. I'm almost 100% this is the reason and I was kind of keeping it a secret cause i didn't want people getting too entrenched against customs.

But essentially, on stages with ledges low enough to the bottom blastzone, and the customs "Flying fortress" and optionally (but way more potently) the "Dash Claw" let bowser to turn any bowsercide into a one-sided free-kill. Not sure of all the stages it works on, doesn't work on FD or BF. Does work on Yoshi's Island, Arena Ferox, Tomadachi life (easily) most Prism Tower Transformations, and MAYBE some different omegas.

Also, with equipment that increased ledge snap distance, double jump height, or the like he could make it back on FD and BF too. (but we already knew equipment was busted)

So this was pretty necessary if we ever wanted to be able to use customs. But yea, pointless for our current meta.
This was no secret, we all knew about this day one, and Nick Riddle even made a video about it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I haven't seen anything about it and i'm probably wrong, but Does ZSS"s up B have more kill potential? i seem to be able to kill mario at the edge of FD at about 83% from ground start up (without VI) and i'm pretty sure this was higher before. can anyone confirm if i'm wrong?
You aren't wrong. I have noticed something similar. I think it's bugged and won't stale or something. Probably will get patched.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This is what I've found with Kirby. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

+ Feet-based attacks have a longer range
+ U-Smash is significantly faster, has a sour-spot that allows the move to reach farther
+ U-Air is much faster, has reduced landing lag, hitbox extended to hit BEHIND Kirby now.
+ Dash speed is increased
- Increased landing lag on N-Air, F-Air
- D-Air -> sourspotted U-Tilt no longer a combo (normal U-Tilt still is)
- Kirbycide KOs Kirby first now
* Hup Cancel is still in

So it seems some of Kirby's problems have been addressed.
Seems like everything you posted is the placebo effect. Here's Nair: http://youtu.be/Z3kxE-BJQSE
I tested everything else and it seems exactly the same. Even the Kirbycide thing was like that already. I haven't tested runspeed side by side, but it feels the same.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Pacman's hydrant has been changed from 12 HP to 13 HP. An up-tilt (7%) and two jabs (3% each) knocks it away, while a fresh bair (12%) does not.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Confirming that Hammer Spin Dash, Timer Counter, and Super Speed are unchanged.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lucario Changes:

Up-B has significantly more landing lag if you land while in dead frames.
Base moves on Lucario deal 1-2% more while in the 0-30% range.

Palutena Changes:

Up-B goes further. (you are now able to recover from the death bubble below FD by just using Up-B and not jumping)

Duck Hunt Dog Changes:

Under Review (Still testing): Hitbox for Fsmash, Usmash, and Dsmash fixed.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Samus jab seems nerfed. In my memory jab 1 and 2 inky cinnected st high %s. Both hits no longer seem to connect at high %s, the first jab has a lot more horizontal knockback. Good for getting opponents offstage and low but jab 2 will never combo from it anymore, unless your opponent is in the 70-80 range maaaybe.

Dont think it worked like this before, but I could be wrong as I learnt to barely use it
I've also noticed this. Jab1 seems to knock them just out of jab2 range when used at max spacing starting around 25-35% depending on the character. It stops linking even at point blank range around 70-80%.

I've heard DACUS is gone, can anyone confirm?

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
You aren't wrong. I have noticed something similar. I think it's bugged and won't stale or something. Probably will get patched.
Good to know i'm not the only one who's felt something like this, would still like side by side confirmation of kill %age of ZSS's Up B at the end of FD on mario though for anyone who can manage.

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Kirby has a sourspot on the back of her upsmash, but it only happens when he's facing the wrong way

...I assume this has already been stated hrm?

Last edited:

bajisci

Smash Ace
Reitterating/clarifying more greninja stuff:

-usmash sourspot nerfed to 11% from 14% (unsure if knockback changed)
-uair STILL SPIKES, but universally, all multihit move spikes were nerfed. However, the 5th (of 6) hit of uair does not spike at all and sends them nowhere (and as a result uair can whiff sometimes)
-up-b windbox nerfed, but is still in effect, can still gimp people with poor recoveries (like zss for example)
-shuriken and usmash have more lag

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Palutena Changes:

Up-B goes further. (you are now able to recover from the death bubble below FD by just using Up-B and not jumping)
Reminder: there are 3 up-b moves. You have to specify which one you're talking about. I'll assume you're talking about Warp, in which case I can assure you it's unchanged in range.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I've also noticed this. Jab1 seems to knock them just out of jab2 range when used at max spacing starting around 25-35% depending on the character. It stops linking even at point blank range around 70-80%.

I've heard DACUS is gone, can anyone confirm?
I suppose its okay. If jab 1 isnt meant to connect to 2, its good that it at least seems to have more knockback making it less punishable on hit potentially.

Confirmation still needed.

Last edited:

Esquire

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkSlay
While I'm at work and can't offer any information, I'd like to put in a request for someone to take a look at R.O.B. and Pit. Not sure what I'm expecting from either, nor can I think of any necessary buffs/nerfs (except maybe a more reliable multi-hit AAA for Pit?), but it would be nice to know!

wolfos144

Smash Cadet
I've heard some say DACUS is officially out, while others said that it was just harder to do. I'm not sure what's true.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Heard about Wario's momentum shifting being gone, but can someone test if his grab release has been fixed?
Both are fixed.

I've heard some say DACUS is officially out, while others said that it was just harder to do. I'm not sure what's true.
I can still do a dashing up-smash, is not the same, but I think DACUS is still in.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Saw on Reddit someone reporting Duck Hunt recovers faster after throwing a clay pigeon.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
reminder that DACUS is not the same as doing a dash up smash. you can't really do DACUS reliably without a c-stick. so unless you have a new 3DS, or a gamecube controller modded 3DS this is hard to test.

dash up smash however was changed (for god knows what reason). you can still jump cancel into up smash. i have my L button set to jump, so i do dash, L + A + Up and can do it.

Last edited:

Tuxdude

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0573-2312
Luigi`s Fsmash does 2% more dmg charged, doing 21% instead of 19%. Still does 15% uncharged but the move itself has gotten a nice knockback buff, KO`ing roughly 10% earlier than before.

I don`t have any video clips or launch speed like SamuraiPanda preferred. but here is the post were we put our results togheter.

Haha thats fantastic! Here is the differences side by side.

The % black lightning occurs against Mario in training mode from the reset position on FD in 1.04:
(1.03 in parentheses)
Uncharged Fsmash
Middle angle: 102% (115%)
Up angle: 99% (108%)
Down angle: 91% (98%)

Charged Fsmash
Middle angle: 67% (76%)
Up angle: 64% (71%)
Down angle: 57% (64%)

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
Does Pac-Man have any other changes?

I heard his forward smash comes out faster and his grab does as well, but I have no proof.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
reminder that DACUS is not the same as doing a dash up smash. you can't really do DACUS reliably without a c-stick. so unless you have a new 3DS, or a gamecube controller modded 3DS this is hard to test.

dash up smash however was changed (for god knows what reason). you can still jump cancel into up smash. i have my L button set to jump, so i do dash, L + A + Up and can do it.
It was like this in 1.0.3.

Also, I could previously DACUS consistently in training mode at 1/4th speed. Now I haven't done it even once, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Edit: roll-cancelled grabs are still in.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Great, now :4zss: = :metaknight: instead of the :foxmelee: that she already was.

This is exactly like how PS All-Stars kept buffing Kat and Kratos and nerfing Jak and Sackboy.

Last edited:

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
It was like this in 1.0.3.

Also, I could previously DACUS consistently in training mode at 1/4th speed. Now I haven't done it even once, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.
Dashing Up-Smash is super easy to perform if you jump cancel, I have it set to jump, so I do dash > L + Usmash at the same time and it works 100 % of the time.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Heard about Wario's momentum shifting being gone, but can someone test if his grab release has been fixed?
Grab release has been confirmed changed. wario is no longer susceptible to said guaranteed follow ups such as the KO punch anymore

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
First you can't DACUS, now you can't even pivot grab anymore, unless you press L to do it, which is much harder to pull off...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
First you can't DACUS, now you can't even pivot grab anymore, unless you press L to do it, which is much harder to pull off...
i use X as my grab and can still pivot grab, and shield + A pivot grabs still work too.

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
Great, now :4zss: = :metaknight: instead of the :foxmelee: that she already was.

This is exactly like how PS All-Stars kept buffing Kat and Kratos and nerfing Jak and Sackboy.
The changes they made to ZSS aren't anywhere close to getting her to Metaknight tier, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom