• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/29-3/30 Hard Knocks Brawl - Orlando

Gindler

Smash Champion
One of the HK regulars won the tourny across from UCF I believe.
Curses, I was hoping it was otru. because I woulda surely beat the kid in the semis if I had my trusty GC controller :p

Oh well, I may become a reg myself one day just to play brawl. Don't really get alot of time in anymore "/

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
We're either going to stop registering at 128 people, or Saturday night (when we close at 1AM) whichever comes first.

Late entry starts Wed. We bumped it up since the online registration took so long to get fixed.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
128 man tourney would be sweet!!!

That would mean:

1st = 250 + 640 = 890
2nd= 100 + 128 = 228
3rd = money back

That sounds pretty sweet, though I personally think 3rd should get a lil bit more!!!

Oh and I forgot if it is 128 people, it could be even higher depending on how many sign up late, since when Rx and I registered, they said whoever signs up late all 20 bucks still go into the pot!!!

:colorful:

Zoro

Smash Champion
winning a gamestop tourney really isnt amazing

I won the tourney at the hunters creek gs which had as many people as waterford

64 people

all i did was jab combo and up smash with ike
ez as hell

i feel bad for the good people that should have won but didnt cuz of the stupid manager that did random characters.

Gindler

Smash Champion
winning a gamestop tourney really isnt amazing

I won the tourney at the hunters creek gs which had as many people as waterford

64 people

all i did was jab combo and up smash with ike
ez as hell

i feel bad for the good people that should have won but didnt cuz of the stupid manager that did random characters.
Ha, we got to pick characters. But the stupid guy didn't read that time limit extends for semifinals and finals on the site which screwed me over, and he told us the day before the tourney they'd have wavebirds for us to use and he told us stock instead of time, some people should make sure before making promises.

But as for this tournament, I'll let my friend know he can still sign up for a mere 10 dollars, thanks for extending the timeframe HK and for using NORMAL rules which is awesome.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hardknocks are you allowing people to bring Wiis? If not you should because the more Wiis you have the faster and more smoothly your tourney will go.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Hardknocks are you allowing people to bring Wiis? If not you should because the more Wiis you have the faster and more smoothly your tourney will go.
If you're worried about people getting their Wiis stolen or some crazy crap, just put up a disclaimer somewhere on the site. After the iNet fiasco the entire community will be watching all of the Wiis like hawks.

Gindler

Smash Champion
About the registration, you said late entry starts wednesday. Does that mean it'll be 20 dollars on wednesday or that it's the last day for the cheap entry?

Gindler

Smash Champion
ah, alrighty.

Well dumpster, do you think any of the matches will be posted on youtube by chance? cause that'd be pretty awesome for those of us not featured on youtube yet...if we're worthy

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
ah, alrighty.

Well dumpster, do you think any of the matches will be posted on youtube by chance? cause that'd be pretty awesome for those of us not featured on youtube yet...if we're worthy
I will try and make vids of some of the matches, but unless you play me or someone else worth recording, you probably won't make it on any of my vids. :dizzy:

so i can go the day of the tournament and register there?
I think Dumpster might have something planned for people who want to attend the tournament from Non-CFL, and have to come the day of.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I will try and make vids of some of the matches, but unless you play me or someone else worth recording, you probably won't make it on any of my vids. :dizzy:

I think Dumpster might have something planned for people who want to attend the tournament from Non-CFL, and have to come the day of.
Darn, I guess I'll just have to play you then :laugh:

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dumpster: One of my friends is trying to sign up on the site, but it says it costs 22 bucks...I thought you said late reg wouldn't start till tomorrow (Wed)???

Nvm, I called and left a message, and Hard knocks replied with a message (I missed the call), saying that it HAD upped to 20 dollars and had no clue why I thought it wasn't that much!!!

So I dunno what's going on anymore, but my friend is just gonna pay the extra money!!!

:colorful:

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
To be in the tournament on Sunday, you have to have paid your registration fee by Saturday at Midnight. (unless we hit 128 people, in which case registration will be closed). You can do this online on the link at the first page.

**Note** As of 10PM Tuesday, it has been brought to my attention that today the site said 22 dollars when it should have said 12 dollars for online registration. You have 2 hours to register at the pre-registration rate of 12 dollars. This is the way to do it.

Instead of clicking on the Smash Brothers choice, buy 3 hours of lan (at the same price of 12 dollars) and in the name be sure to put Smash Brothers Tourn.

THIS WILL ONLY WORK FOR THE NEXT 2 HOURS.

Once you do this, you'll be registered for the tournament. Once you come to Hard Knocks, you'll have to fill out a bit of paperwork and you'll have your Hard Knocks account created, and be ready to Brawl. Any questions? Shoot me an email at dumpster(at)hardknocksorlando(dot)com

Vijin

Smash Ace
Guess I will not be making this. It keeps declining my card for some reason.
Sucks. Was looking forward to playing you guys! :(

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
It's officially 20 (22 online) dollars to enter the tournament. Last time I checked (around 4pm today) we broke 90 people.

That's a lot of cash for the winner. $_$

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Well its offical, ive assembled the crew, South Florida is making a come back to the smash scene, hope all you *****es are ready to get **** on :D

Also it seems your online service isnt taking discover, TTB has been trying to get his card to work for over an hour and it keeps declining it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master

This is like the most important question in the thread, i've asked 3 times and it has yet to be answered. If you have a 100 person tourney with only 6 Wiis its going to take FOREVER.

Gindler

Smash Champion
mm whos down? 3 bux is my limit

i play metaknight, fox, falco and zelda
I'm down as well sir, if you're going to the student union at 6:30 that is. Or before the tourney sunday. :laugh: I play yoshi so you should have no problem tearing me apart with any of those characters.

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
For some reason, our Credit Card provider will not take Discover. They never have. Sorry for any issues this might have caused.

Also, we are NOT letting people bring their own Wii's. We're hopefully going to be picking up 2 more Wii's for the tournament, but that will be the most we have running. We're not shutting Hard Knocks down for the tournament, so we have to make sure our normal customers have access to our 360's and PS3's. It will extend the tournament a bit longer, but it shouldn't be that much more of an issue. How many Wii's (gamecubes?) do you guys use at other local tournaments?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Generally, 1 setup (a tv + a wii + a copy of the game) per 5-6 people attending the tournament is a formula that keeps people happy.

But this isn't going to work in this case because of the sheer size of the event. But generally events of this size are two day events, and enough people bring setups to where this formula still works fairly well.

Fortunately, the venue is big enough to keep people from getting uncomfortably antzy. What tourneygoers generally like to have are a few tvs to play non-tournament matches on. This lets them warm up, and not be bored in between matches. As long as you guys enforce matches when they are supposed to be place, the tournament shouldn't last exceptionally long, and people won't be too uncomfortable waiting around.

It may be good for you to get in touch with one of us local smashers to help you out with your first Smash tournament while it's taking place. I can answer most if not all of your questions on Sunday when I arrive, if you just ask me.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
mm whos down? 3 bux is my limit

i play metaknight, fox, falco and zelda
Is Dop coming? We are definitely down to go now, we registered and everything so we'll see you there.

Lolzzz stop MM people you have no idea whos good or not now.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Well its offical, ive assembled the crew, South Florida is making a come back to the smash scene, hope all you *****es are ready to get **** on :D

Also it seems your online service isnt taking discover, TTB has been trying to get his card to work for over an hour and it keeps declining it.
When did they leave?

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
When did they leave?
He meant our crew more than S. FL as a whole. I think it was sighrax or myself that was the last one standing, i dont remember ever meeting you, i think you started after we quit.

Wait, i dont know where doodah stands. Hes kind of a one-man army, sexy one at that.

Top Bottom