• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/29-3/30 Hard Knocks Brawl - Orlando

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Dumpster, normal smash tourneys usually consist of both 1v1 and 2v2 not just one or the other. It would also mean more money for Hard Knocks since it means having a entrance fee for both singles and doubles.

You're not gonna be able to compete with Gigabits if you don't have 1v1 and 2v2 on the same day!

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
that noob sheer is right dumpster, you should do it that way.

I garuntee you more ppl will go, and you guys will make your share with the enterance fee for both 1v1 and 2v2.

EVERYONE WINS!!

Vijin

Smash Ace
Yeah, 2v2s will definitely draw in more people, and I think it is only a double win. Players get to play 2v2's (that's my favorite part of the tourney, even more-so than the 1v1's) and that's more money for you guys, with more people joining and stuff.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you guys change your mind!

Zoro

Smash Champion
Its not about having more cash / prizes / space / Wii's / games than anyone in Central Florida.
Gigs has been really awesome to us even the very first melee tournament at gigs it was a free for all tourney and all we did was a list of rules and they completely changed it right there on the spot. They know its about us players. Extreme play is bigger and more comfortable venue but they ran the tournaments so gay and didnt let us have any fun at all. they wouldnt even let us do friendlies. They didnt know how to run tournaments at all and super ****ed up the brackets. Nobody likes that place. Just cuz you have more stuff doesnt mean you have more personality. I havnt heard one person say they hate gigabits' tournaments. You may do your own thing but you should understand what your going up against. I personally will go of course and hey maybe you guys will be pretty cool but i seriously doubt you have any thing to offer that gigs doesnt.

Your talkin to the players right now and the players want 2v2s. the turnout will be great dont even worry about that just start out on the right foot. We like our tournaments to be ran in a specific way if we dont like it we wont go again. Peace

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Stages for Counterpick:

[COLOR="red
* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Great Sea
[/COLOR]
These stages should not be counterpicks. Mario Circuit and Bridge of Eldin are both "walk off" stages. Dedede can land one grab and get rid of a stock on this stage with his chain throw. Stages like this tend to be banned. Great Sea has huge bombs that are not always visible before they hit (due to camera zoom) and a lever this is a one-hit KO if you caught by it.

Just sayin'; they're pretty gay stages for tourny.

Zoro

Smash Champion
in regards to the stages
They are ok lets try to keep what everyone else agrees with instead of makin our own rules. Makes it easier for everyone.

actually im stupid mario cicuit and bridge of eldin are really gay stages!

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
That's a cool idea, but FD is a good map so it should really be available throughout the tourny.
Yeah, a few people who've come in have mentioned it, so we're adjusting accordingly.

It's our first Smash tournament, so as it's looking, it's only going to be a 1v1. There is a lot of posting and checking the thread out on the forums, but we have no idea how many people are going to show up. Seeing as how it's our first tournament, I'd rather not attempt something huge and get in over our heads for the first thing we run. If we can make this event an amazing tournament for everyone involved, that's when we'll broaden our structures to 2v2.

I'm well aware that it's our first public attempt to get into the Smash scene and that's mostly the reason that we're not trying to over extend ourselves by running a 2v2 and a 1v1 on the same day without knowing what the turnout will be like.

With regards to stages and character selection, the stages we picked for counterpicks were the ones mentioned on a few threads before the game was released stateside as well as some regulars we have who are pretty solid at the game. Again, it's our first go at this so we want to make sure everyone is happy. If people feel that some of the maps are unfair, then we'll look to take them off.

With character selection, we're leaning towards the stock character field. Again, any input would be nice, we don't want to ruin the first tournament.

Zoro

Smash Champion
"
With character selection, we're leaning towards the stock character field. Again, any input would be nice, we don't want to ruin the first tournament."

what does that mean?
Starting roster only?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Dude, dont ban characters....

keep the rules as close as gigs rules as possible, because gigs is not the only venue/tournament that holds those kinds of rules, but pretty much every tourney in FL. Then I would assure you that your event/tourney wont be ****ty. A huge word of advice from smashers like us who go to 3-4 tournies a month with well over 40+ people.

Do the right thing, dont become another Xtreme-Play.

aka Xtreme-Gay.

Finch

Smash Lord
With character selection, we're leaning towards the stock character field. Again, any input would be nice, we don't want to ruin the first tournament.
I don't know what that means, but trust me, if you want anyone to come you have to allow all characters, especially for this one. This will be one of the first brawl tournys and everyone is really excited to see how characters will do against each other in a tournament setting, and if you don't allow every one of them it won't be worth going. Not just for those whose' mains you didn't include, but for almost everyone.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I understand gamestop tourneys cuz its release date but cmon dude its been out for a while now.
starting characters only just means your too lazy to unlock em all now.
Just ask for people to bring wiis in trust me we will bring them.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
OMG, i dont understand the problem. Just make it a 2v2, then a 1 hour lunch break or so, then a 1v1 tourney, with ALL CHARACTERS!!!. dont be extreme-gay and lose your entire following cuz of gay rules and guidelines. You have to make a good first impression. S just do it right. Just listen to the smashers who play all the fvcking time and who are actually tournament goers. Its pretty simple. Over your head? 2v2 is the same thing as 1v1 but just as teams. Thats not "getting over your head." DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

-hiro

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I will come and unlock all the characters for you on each console if you want. For real.

Ted Boosley will not win this tournament. Forever.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
stop being scared of two tournaments. Just hold 2v2 and 1v1. dont mess with something that isnt messed up.
also, on that note, dont tamper with the rulesets. gay stuff like , only FD till later stages of the tournament is ********. just....why? stock characters? ridiculousy ********. changing the stocks throughout the tournament? that could really mess with some results. Dont mess with perfectly accepted rulesets. just do what we want and you'll win us over. You hold tournaments for us, so let "us" be the deciding factors.

-hiro

Vijin

Smash Ace
No need to be rude to the guy, come on. That's no way to get what you want.

But yeah, I'm still really hoping for that 2v2.
Some of us even have experience running tourneys... maybe someone could help you guys out?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
HARDKNOCKS DONT MESS UP YOUR FIRST CHANCE TO MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION ON SMASHERS!!!

BY THE WAY THIS IS GOING IT SEEMS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO BE A TERRIBLE TOURNEY, I HOPE YOU REALIZE THAT IF THIS GOES WRONG AND A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THE TOURNEY (organization, rules...) WE PROBABLY WON'T COME BACK FOR ANOTHER TOURNEY AT YOUR PLACE.

The reason Gigabits is THE BEST is because they listen to what their customers have to say... The fact that it's your first tournament isn't an excuse to hold a tournament with out 2v2's and regular rules. Time shouldn't be a concern if you guys plan this out the right way, there's plenty of time to do both events if done the right way. We know because we've done it before.

So my suggestion for the success of your business is to listen to what we have to say. Or you guys could just do whatever you want and risk the chance of making us upset and force us to dislike your tournaments.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll come, I don't think it'll be a terrible tourney...

Also no 2 v 2 isn't so bad if you consider none of us have experience running BRAWL tourneys (brawl takes longer than melee)...that's my opinion anyways!!!

:colorful:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
OTRU, like several people have mentioned in this thread theres no need to be rude.

If they don't wanna do a 2v2 it's their loss. I mean if they don't wanna double the money they take in it's their call.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Doubles dont take that long
mankos we were done with the entire tournament in like 5 hours and we only had 4 setups im assuming there will be more.

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
Final Destination is available for all the tournament.

And we are NOT doing 2v2 this time. Sorry to disappoint, but that's the decision from the boss.

Also, we do have some help with the ruleset for the tournament from another forum. Thank you for the offers though.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Final Destination is available for all the tournament.

And we are NOT doing 2v2 this time. Sorry to disappoint, but that's the decision from the boss.

Also, we do have some help with the ruleset for the tournament from another forum. Thank you for the offers though.
Where else would you ge thelp from other than SMASH boards
If your getting help from another forum i guarantee you the rules are gonna be wack as hell

thats right im mr negative ! lol

dguy6789

Smash Lord
There is an extremely high chance that not even one of those HDTVs is going to be suitable for tournament play. And what is the verdict on characters? If it is only going to be starting characters, this will be one sorry excuse for a tournament.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
so your going to use another forum instead of SMASH WORLD ****ING FORUMS?!?!? WHAT!!!! how does that even make sense. They are going to overlook the fact that we ARE the smash community? we ARE the competitive scene. we ARE the rulemakers. But hey, let's go and look at some other random forum.

-hiro

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
everyone just main Ike for this tournament and we'll be set.
Ike's too good.

I think that Hard Knocks should start the singles tournament early, and if there is enough time possibly consider having doubles.

Turnout for singles would be higher if there was doubles IMO.

Maybe we could talk to the boss and sway his opinion.

I also didn't know there was another forum for smash. Every American competitive player either comes here, or doesn't go to a forum at all.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
haha...they're probably using Gamefaqs... x.x

Actually, I would imagine they're using THEIR forum on this...I think he said they have one...oh well, though.

If I'm not overly busy, I'll still hit this tourney up, though...I mean, the place is literally 5 seconds from my place....who knows? it may actually be fun.

and Ike is unlocked, so I'm happy.

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
so your going to use another forum instead of SMASH WORLD ****ING FORUMS?!?!? WHAT!!!! how does that even make sense. They are going to overlook the fact that we ARE the smash community? we ARE the competitive scene. we ARE the rulemakers. But hey, let's go and look at some other random forum.

-hiro

It's a forum run by Hugs, Nealdt and Gimpyfish. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing in smash. -_-

Top Bottom