• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/29-3/30 Hard Knocks Brawl - Orlando

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
yo riot so who else is coming with u?

doodah, sighrax, cameron...?

If anything I think we should get some tokey dopey action for this
Its just 4 of us, Sighrax, Sly, Cary (called himself TTB, played jiggs he only went to i think two orlando/tampa tournies) and myself. We tried calling doodah, but hes to busy selling out. Actually i have no idea if cameron even plays brawl. He was mostly just a freind of doodahs, so we'd see him randomly during some tournies and treated him like we knew him our whole life, good times.

skrach8

Smash Lord
shiot mangz, pete or cam, if you see this. i fvckin hate you, im willing to break my no smoking for a month thing for you guys if you show up. Y U Beezz selling out me boy riot the rasta. i hope everyone gives you **** for this.... *****.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I dont think i met you either but i heard your name alot
of course you dont know me i play link! lol
so im pretty sure we played at the same gigs once or a few times.
My first tourney was gigabits1 10/05
Its says in the florida thread
02/11/06 - Gigabits #3 displayed the arival of the newly formed Kissimmee crew: What are the Odds? (WATO). The original members are Vericz, Uuaa, Hiroshi, and later Zoro.

but we were all at gigabits 1which was like a 16 man tournament lol

Man i was just reading the posts in the GB1 topic and everyone sounds so noob :laugh:

Does your crew have a name or is it just called S.FL crew? :)

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
When I say south florida im refering to south east florida since I dont count people that live in like naples as south florida.

Most people dubbed us nexus crew since thats where we all played together (us 4 plus others like tipman, synikal, 1up, nbp mike, nbp corey, csx, green mario, chops) we were pretty much like three 4 man crews that kind of merged into one family of awesome. Alot of us havent been in the competitive scene for well over a year.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
When I say south florida im refering to south east florida since I dont count people that live in like naples as south florida.

Most people dubbed us nexus crew since thats where we all played together (us 4 plus others like tipman, synikal, 1up, nbp mike, nbp corey, csx, green mario, chops) we were pretty much like three 4 man crews that kind of merged into one family of awesome. Alot of us havent been in the competitive scene for well over a year.
Cloud Strife X was all about Zero Ping though. As well as id love to add Lex, Next, and Lime-Fury, especially Lex he's my tasty treat, but they were all about the Vortex.

Zoro i remember going to uh, Exarch's tourny "LTEC" i remember you being there because i asked Dop "Who the hell is that playing Link?" we never played a match though.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Can we change the crew name from Ruthless to Jump on it? :D

also Im looking forward to seeing all my people from back in the melee day that live in all the terrible places that arent south florida

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
LOL yes sighrax/riot/slyn are coming. WEWT!!!!! SOS are you guys holding a fest on saturday? if not... we def should!

wow this is up to a 100man tourney now? this will be good times.
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Cloud Strife X was all about Zero Ping though. As well as id love to add Lex, Next, and Lime-Fury, especially Lex he's my tasty treat, but they were all about the Vortex.

Zoro i remember going to uh, Exarch's tourny "LTEC" i remember you being there because i asked Dop "Who the hell is that playing Link?" we never played a match though.
i was in new york on vacation at the time of ltec so that might have been nick riddle (if he was there cuz i duno if he was) . I really wish i had gone tho so many fun stories i hear of it :(

youll probably see me at hardknocks

Sighrax

Smash Lord
man i hope everyone is ready for me to berate them verbally because its coming o_O

ANDY I HOPE YOURE THERE

:colorful:

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Also, to the guy running this: What harm is bringing one's own Wii? If there is a name or something on it, it'll be much easier. Especially for a 100+ person tournament with best of 3 double elim, you're going to need a ****load of tv's and Wii's. Please reconsider, unless Hard Knocks has over 15 Wii's.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
i was in new york on vacation at the time of ltec so that might have been nick riddle (if he was there cuz i duno if he was) . I really wish i had gone tho so many fun stories i hear of it :(

youll probably see me at hardknocks
Hahahhahaha, i could never mistake anyone for nick riddle, with that big *** head of his.

Yea i'll see you there.

man i hope everyone is ready for me to berate them verbally because its coming o_O

ANDY I HOPE YOURE THERE

Why you kissing *** soooo hard? We all know Andy loves people that are more 'ripped' than yourself, take RockCrock for example.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Dumpster, you gotta tell us how many people are signed up so far. We need updates!!

Well, not actually that desperately, but it would be cool to know.

I've always wanted to go to a 100+ man tournament.

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
Dumpster, you gotta tell us how many people are signed up so far. We need updates!!

Well, not actually that desperately, but it would be cool to know.

I've always wanted to go to a 100+ man tournament.

Ask and ye shall recieve. As of this morning, we have 100 participants. $_$

28 slots left!!!

Zoro

Smash Champion
i did math and the maximum amount of time the tournament could be runnin for is 8.08 hours around there

which is entirely possible cuz 80% of the people that go will be nubs that will camp /duno how to kill/or suck and eat up all the time.

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
i did math and the maximum amount of time the tournament could be runnin for is 8.08 hours around there

which is entirely possible cuz 80% of the people that go will be nubs that will camp /duno how to kill/or suck and eat up all the time.

Not true. We're getting more Wii's.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I signed myself and two others up, but I haven't gotten any emails yet. Hopefully they'll get here soon, I dont wanna spend all that money then not be able to enter -_-

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
I signed myself and two others up, but I haven't gotten any emails yet. Hopefully they'll get here soon, I dont wanna spend all that money then not be able to enter -_-

I counted you guys. I'm just waiting for my boss to get here to do all the online transactions. Everyone who got a confirmation email, consider yourself signed up.

As to what you've posted / emailed about, we're not letting people bring in their own Wii's because of two reasons. We are open to the public as well on Sunday, so we're leaving a few stations open for 360's so our regular customers don't feel TOO displaced. Also, why should someone bring a Wii to a tournament? We're hosting it, so we'll provide everything you need. Just show up and Brawl!

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
i'll prob show up for some early morning friendlies. and to scope out future competition.

-hiro
We don't open till 1, and the tourny will be starting promptly at 1:30. Hopefully you can squeeze some friendlies in before that.

I'm working on the brackets right now. As someone stated before, each station will have it's own mini-tournament going on to make things smoother. Every station will have a name, and we'll put a list up as to who's playing at which station, things will hopefully go a bit smoother.

Zoro

Smash Champion
it is entirely possible that someone could get a station with only people that havnt even played the game
and then all the really good people could get the same station. Thats scary

I envy whoever gets the easy one.

Frames

DI
Wait so you're having multi tourneys???

Like the winner of each goes into a final bracket???

*is confused*

Yea that's what it looks like, each setup will probably have a bracket and then either the winner/top 4/top 8/whatever of each tv will go into a final bracket.

Also, dumpster if people want to bring wii's to help speed this up, you should let them. If you're worried about your other customers, just ask that people who bring wii's also bring televisions, that way you can have your xbox stations up and the smashers will have more setups.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so, just pay the 22 on the website and im signed up? I dont have to do anything else?

And see you guys there..Making the top 10 is my goal for this tourney (which is both reasonable and crazy at the same time). I wonder if any diddy/game and watch players from these boards will be there. I havnt recognized many yet

Zoro

Smash Champion
Yeah how do u think other tourneys are run? Gigs only uses 3 of there own tvs and we bring like 5 more
We always bring tvs and wiis dont worry about that

in fact
people just bring it
screw em
i want to play friendlies not just sit around forever
hiro bring ur ****** tv for friendlies

im sure when the tournament is going at a snails pace and they ask if people have any setups we'll be able to use em.

Zoro

Smash Champion
tournaments are not just about playing 2 tournament matches getting owned and then leaving

we want to play maaaaaad friendlies and with 100 people thats completely impossible with 6-whatever wiis ur gonna have.

Top Bottom