• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/29-3/30 Hard Knocks Brawl - Orlando

dguy6789

Smash Lord
You can do all kinds of things with the windmill with a lot of characters. The windmill does not remain for the entire match though, so it is fine. Since the level itself changes shape, no one part of it is really broken. People have been screwed over by PS1 in melee tons of times, but it was still a neutral. Yoshi' Story in Melee was a neutral and it was absolutely horrible for a lot of characters. The edge argument isn't really reasonable either as FD's ledge is almost as bad. The only real difference is it is harder to see where it gimps you, and that is just a matter of learning the map.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Hey, due to an issue with my work schedule which I took every avenue to change I won't be able to make it. Will I be able to retract my spot along with the money I put down on it?
Hey, would be nice to get an answer sometimes... -_-

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Determining which stages count as legal counterpicks is going to be much too difficult this early in the game's development.

I'd be very happy with only using the 5 neutrals.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'd really hate to see only neutrals become the tournament standard...I believe there are more stages that are quite fair out there than just that list.

However, since this tourney is so early and people don't know about a lot of techniques and gaynesses, I think that'd be a perfectly solid idea for this particular tourney. those seem to make quite a good list, so yeah.

Now, I personally vote that PS1 is a neutral. I don't see any real problem with it.

You can say DDD has gayness on the rock level...um...oh well. Fox had infinites...other chars in Melee were gay on that transformation, but that was generally regarded as the fairest stage. I'm not sure what exactly changes that in this game. The edges are meh...I've been gayed by them, but I don't think it's a big deal. learn the stage.

The windmill is kinda a problem...it definitely presents a dilemma in the stage, since it's a wall. However, as dguy pointed out...since it's only one transformation, I don't really see it being a breaker...as characters can work around it anyway.

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we're going to be switching to just neutrals for the tournament, due to time constraints and other issues. Mostly because it will make things much easier.

I'll be sure to have a list of the rules up for everyone so we are all on the same page.

Also, we're not forcing the final to be on Final Destination due to the bug on the level.

I'm not at work right now, so I'm not sure what we're at for signups, but assume that by tomorrow or early Saturday it will be full.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Sorry QDVS on Rx's account!!!

I don't think only neutrals should necessarily be the tournament standard...I just feel that instead of explaining why this and that should be banned/counterpick (many differing opinions right now) + with how big the tourney is (time constraints) that we should just stick to neutrals!!!

:colorful:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sorry QDVS on Rx's account!!!

I don't think only neutrals should necessarily be the tournament standard...I just feel that instead of explaining why this and that should be banned/counterpick (many differing opinions right now) + with how big the tourney is (time constraints) that we should just stick to neutrals!!!

:colorful:
yeah, agreed completely.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, we're going to be switching to just neutrals for the tournament, due to time constraints and other issues. Mostly because it will make things much easier.

I'll be sure to have a list of the rules up for everyone so we are all on the same page.

Also, we're not forcing the final to be on Final Destination due to the bug on the level.

I'm not at work right now, so I'm not sure what we're at for signups, but assume that by tomorrow or early Saturday it will be full.
Yep thanks for abiding to all of us :p

and there's a bug on Final Destination? Never realized it's my favorite level :p

Oh yeah, how's the chair situation? I think I'd much rather play sitting down than standing up (preferably at tv lever rather than sitting on the floor looking up :chuckle:)

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah only neutrals sounds good. I'd say keep it to the normal 5. PS1 is annoying

Lylat
Smashville
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi

Zoro

Smash Champion
Yeah we are alot more tightknit than most other communities (good for us, right?)

But as for accommodation to stage selection

Stages for Counterpick:

* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Great Sea
* Norfair
* Frigate Orpheon
* Pictochat
* Green Hill Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Rainbow Cruise

All of these levels are confusing to most of us on the board because things happen during the fight to interfere (flipping upside down, killer bombs flying at you, ships crashing, or having go karts coming at you) or are a walk off. So if you could take a final look at these levels and what most people think about them I'm sure we'll all be grateful. Thank you sir for everything you've already done btw.

and I was as gentle as I could be with the "ripping"

MARIO CIRCUIT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!
BAN

Luigi_Factor

Florida_OWNaGe
Wow, the tournament rules have been changed. I wonder how all these young whipper snappers learned manners in a matter of hours... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have actually run a few tournaments. Running a large tournament like this is a very stress-inducing and thankless job.

You ugly kids should be alot more thankful that someone is willing to put the energy into this and provide a top-notch venue.

The tournament director isnt there to get you donkeys casual play and grape soda.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Other than the windmill on PK1 the stage is almost unchanged, you even have that weird spot you cant roll out of on the right side ledge, during the rock formation hahah. Maybe it was because i mained ganon that i got so used to melee battlefield and its ledges, but honestly lylat, FD, and PK1 are the same **** ledge, learn not to be uh, an idiot.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
My last chance to go

anybody in orlando wanna house me?

Otru, can you let your gay age rule slide for once? I'm almost 16 anyway. not that it should matter.

you could have at least responded to the PM I sent you as well >_>

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I can't house anybody this time...heck, I can barely even go to the tournament.

It's weird, Lylat's actually my favorite neutral...not the best, imo, but I certainly like it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
My favorite nuetral is easily Final D, I fight alot better there than battlefield! (that's my worst nuetral) All the others rock though just battlefield has too many platforms for my taste :laugh:

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
The tournament is full. 128 People registered. Looks like first prize is looking to win around $1000. Maybe a bit more. Once I do the math I'll put a post out.

GL HF

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Once Again

My Last Chance To Come

Will Anybody Be So Kind As To House Me W/o Gay Age Rules?

I Would Be Really Greatful If You Did.

Plz Halp

wow, smashboards doesnt like my cruise control for cool(caps lock)

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Question: Would it be possible for someone who didn't pre-register to register the day of providing there are no-shows? A friend of mine wants to go.

Someone in this thread has already posted that they have to cancel and need a refund, and I'm sure there will be a few other no-shows at least

Misto-Roboto said:
Hey, due to an issue with my work schedule which I took every avenue to change I won't be able to make it. Will I be able to retract my spot along with the money I put down on it?
Or maybe if that spot opens up he could still pre-register?

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Once Again

My Last Chance To Come

Plz Halp

I might be willing to help out a fellow Smasher. I won't be going to the event myself because I wouldn't be able to get there until around 03:30 - 04:00PM (though I might show up just meet up with other Smash players), but what age rules are you referring to? As long as you don't anything creepy or weird I'll gladly help out.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Once Again

My Last Chance To Come

Plz Halp

Its cool, im down to house you, i got this niiiice spot right in my bed. Coincidently, its right next to where i sleep and i assure you i have noooooo age rules. ;)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
beware!
there is a hefty spanish or hawaiin(sp?) kid who plays fox that is nassttyyy.
i went to a noob tourney here, 60ppl entered, i 2 and 3 stocked every round I played, then I faced him, and he 2 stocked me with fox. the kid is sickkkkkk....
the moral?? dont underestimate ppl at the hard knocks tourney even if thier not regulars here at sb.

GOOD LUCK.

ps- i didn't go ike ;)

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
beware!
i went to a noob tourney here, 60ppl entered, i 2 and 3 stocked every round I played, then I faced him, and he 2 stocked me with fox. the kid is sickkkkkk....
the moral?? dont underestimate ppl at the hard knocks tourney even if thier not regulars here at sb.

GOOD LUCK.

ps- i didn't go ike ;)

Pretty sure that's LocoJoe.

I've seen him get rocked by a couple of our regulars / staff as well.

This should be an interesting tournament!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
beware!

GOOD LUCK.

ps- i didn't go ike ;)
roflcopter

don't worry

I think my mario should take him down ;)

Top Bottom