• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/28/09 GIGABITS - A Smashing Good Brawl

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up,

Since this thing is going to be omg hueg liek xbox, we have to make the best use of the space we got. I just got a call from the fire marshal saying that someone (oh gee I wonder who that may be) complained that our upcoming tournaments will exceed the max capacity and will be pretty much chaotic.

Seems that the folks who stand outside of gigs and give out fliers to their place and sent their team out to follow some of you guys to the bus stop aren't happy still. You know, the place that has had 3 complaints from 3 separate businesses in the university shoppes plaza alone.. Such is the price of gig's success?

Immature and unprofessional distractions aside, let's make sure that we have this as efficient as possible and that we do not fall for this crap. Try to leave a good, open path leading from the front to the back of the store. I'll do my best to give you an ETA on your next match so that you can chill outside or go get something to eat. I can only do so much, so you guys gotta work with us here so we can have an epicly hueg-liek-xbox event which will be you know, epic and hueg liek xbox.

Is this awesome? y/n

Equi

Smash Ace
Wolf is PAWSOME. I shall prove it and come to this and get top 3 (like last gigs) and then quit again.

I can't wait to see you guys again. :)

Equi

Smash Ace
Der. I mean. The last gigs I went to which was months ago.

=/ You guys have probably gotten leap years ahead in the oh so technical Brawl metagame. I better look out or my furriez is gonna fall off.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I dont care how long it runs, it's more fun that way (and I never get tired).

I think we should just knock over the wall on the right side, knock out the manager of that business and put more setups :D.

edit:zomg Equi was has to muney match. I heard u werent impressed. :'(

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
That would be nice haha

I've always wanted to host a super-gigs event, where it'll be a grand finale for the year. We would get a convention room at a hotel and it would be a huge 2 day competition like the CPL. I've got it all planned out in my head! Will this happen anytime soon? I wish. Just an awesome idea, yes?

OverLade

Smash Hero
That would be nice haha

I've always wanted to host a super-gigs event, where it'll be a grand finale for the year. We would get a convention room at a hotel and it would be a huge 2 day competition like the CPL. I've got it all planned out in my head! Will this happen anytime soon? I wish. Just an awesome idea, yes?
*Highlighted for emphasis*

Equi

Smash Ace
I dont care how long it runs, it's more fun that way (and I never get tired).

I think we should just knock over the wall on the right side, knock out the manager of that business and put more setups :D.

edit:zomg Equi was has to muney match. I heard u werent impressed. :'(
Apparently my friend Jake rooms with your brother, that's such a funny coincidence I've been chillin' with Jake trying to show him stuff.

And I never said such a thing. I told Jake that you were a talented MK/Falco and that I had played teams matches with you online and was impressed. I anticipate our tournament fight. You, like, Master Raven are two extremely talented players that was under the radar months ago but still good, and now are coming to tournaments.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Apparently my friend Jake rooms with your brother, that's such a funny coincidence I've been chillin' with Jake trying to show him stuff.

And I never said such a thing. I told Jake that you were a talented MK/Falco and that I had played teams matches with you online and was impressed. I anticipate our tournament fight. You, like, Master Raven are two extremely talented players that was under the radar months ago but still good, and now are coming to tournaments.
Lol I was just bein annoying it's cool I really look forward to our matches.

And yeah, its a small world. Really amazing who knows who.

Even scary who you might be related to.....

Toneh

Smash Lord
That would be nice haha

like cpl. pshhh, bettterrrr then cpl.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman

An Announcement

I figured that this event is going to be huge. As such I am making sure we are prepared for it.

With that I have gotten permission from Bad Apple Comics to setup some tvs and systems in their store (same plaza at GB) and am working on one more location in our same plaza. That way with the separate 32 brackets we always run we can do 2 in Gigabits, 1 in Bad Apple Comics, and 1 in a yet to be announced location.

This will give us all more tables, more chairs, more room, and more AC. Seems like WIN to me!

As a note PLEASE PLEASE bring TVs and WIIs. I am getting as many as I can but I would like at least 16 total for this tournament.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Polmex is pissed...

Got match ups figured out...

Got a pride MM for best Luigi...(I lost the "warm up" pride match of 5, 2-1. But this time its business!)

23 is a ****ed up number...

Im ready

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this should be really fun as always. maybe more than usual, with a few OOS coming

this is gonna be too good :laugh:

Top Bottom