• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1179/rhfjdjejd.png

This is the dash attack.

I want it so that if you are holding forward during the whole attack, she just keeps running normally after the attack is finished. But if you aren't holding forward, she should do the "stop running" sub action.

Help. Please.

(I know I have it set up incredibly wrong here but I didn't really know where to start.)

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I expected it to make you be running if you're holding the joystick forward, and make you do a run brake if you aren't. That's how it has worked for me thus far, at least.
:O

Then how did it not work...

Oh wait.... what if I put it back to change subaction whatever thingy, and then add the line of code you suggested to the run subaction?

It would seem useless, but I think it might work... not sure why.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I expected it to make you be running if you're holding the joystick forward, and make you do a run brake if you aren't. That's how it has worked for me thus far, at least.
I don't think so.
Actions 1-117 are in Fighter.pac, and Run, Runbrake, etc, are all handled there.

To do what he wants to do, he needs to check the joystick input and change action(not subaction) to either run or runbreak at the end of his animation based on the value.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I don't think so.
Actions 1-117 are in Fighter.pac, and Run, Runbrake, etc, are all handled there.

To do what he wants to do, he needs to check the joystick input and change action(not subaction) to either run or runbreak at the end of his animation based on the value.
That would also work. I don't know very well about how the code I suggested truly works, but I have it as the last thing on a Side+B, and it gracefully transitions out into running or run-braking. (The Side+B also has a Change Action 0, though.)

MaxThunder

PM Support
He wants to know if there is a way to see how many frames an animation has.

I've been wondering this as well, it would be really helpful.
psa don't actually tell you how many frames there is in a animation as far as i know... so to find that you have to use other means ... which i'm not really sure how... but after you have the full amount of frames, you can ue psa to find what happends on which frames... making that part a lot easier...

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so.

And... how exactly would I go about doing that? :bee:

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
New questions! OR rather, one old question and a bunch of other noob questions. Tried searching the thread but failed horribly. I'm currently *trying* to make a Cloud Strife Ike moveset, but my knowledge on PSA limits me horribly.

a) How would I make the special moves unusable in the air? I'm trying to remove Neutral B from air use.

b) I'm attempting to make Ike use his Side B in a different way: how would I make him swing as soon as I let go of the B button, without him dashing forward?

Question c) and d) rely on each other. If both can't be answered, then what I have in mind is pretty useless.

c) How would I chain two/three sub-actions together? I'm trying to use the first half of Ike's Forward Air move (Ike raises sword) then the spinning Ike animation from his Up B (Ike spins and attacks ala Meta Knight) and then revert back to normal falling animation (not helpless, just normal)

d) How would I skip frames of an animation and end animations early, providing c) can be done? Use the Pass Frame command?

That's all for today. (whistles while I wait)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
DevilKiller, here are your answers:

a) Rename it as NONE, thats how I do it.

b) Replace the dashing action with the swinging action by copying and pasting all sections of the swinging action(Main,GFX,SFX, and Other) in the dashing section and renaming it to whatever the swinging section is. Don't forget to also put in the Animation Flags for the swing!

c) I'm pretty sure that can't be done unless each part is a different sub-action. For example if Ike raising his sword was a different sub-action than the rest of it, you could switch them in the same way as b), but I don't think you can separate different parts of an action. I might be wrong though.

d) Since c) can't be done, I obviously can't help you.

I hope this helps! Someone tell me if I'm wrong with anything. Also, does anyone know the hit effect, not GFX, for wind? (like when Latios or Latias doesn't directly hit you and you get pushed)

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I understand the basics of PSA, but there are two things I don't understand: Creating hitboxes, and timer and intervals. Can someone explain this to me? Because once I figure those out, I will make a PSA that will make lotsa SMRPG fans happy. very. happy.
Also, when I change a character's attribute (weight, gravity, etc.), and I try to save the character, the program doesn't respond and freezes. help!

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
I understand the basics of PSA, but there are two things I don't understand: Creating hitboxes, and timer and intervals. Can someone explain this to me? Because once I figure those out, I will make a PSA that will make lotsa SMRPG fans happy. very. happy.
Also, when I change a character's attribute (weight, gravity, etc.), and I try to save the character, the program doesn't respond and freezes. help!
i hope you don't want to make Geno and did you save the pac directly on the SD card? because this isn't possible

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
how can you know the basics of PSA if you don't understand how to create hitboxes, timers, or intervals?
read the commands section of the front page, it explains everything you need to know

as for saving, it doesn't freeze - PSA just pauses for a moment to save the data - the only reason it would freeze is if you have a really slow computer

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I actually had the same problem when I began, make sure you save the .pac to a clean path such as your desktop. That should solve the freezing problem

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Nope, it was the SD card thing. It worked. Thx.
K, now, I was working on MALLOW (not Geno, hurray!) out of Kirby. I went to go save the file, and it said, "Could not save, file is now corrupt". So I tried to test out what I had did so far, and when I selected Kirby, the Wii froze (however, there was no B note of death.) Why did my file go corrupt? And how can I fix it?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Nope, it was the SD card thing. It worked. Thx.
K, now, I was working on MALLOW (not Geno, hurray!) out of Kirby. I went to go save the file, and it said, "Could not save, file is now corrupt". So I tried to test out what I had did so far, and when I selected Kirby, the Wii froze (however, there was no B note of death.) Why did my file go corrupt? And how can I fix it?

that happened to me once... compare the size of it whith an unmodified pac file... if its a lot smaller(i had 0...) then thats your problem...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
how do you use precreated PSA characters? i'm not exactly a programmer in any way at all, i just want to use this character:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245842&highlight=wisp
And does anyone have a good mewtwo?
You add PSA characters in the same way you add textures, but you don't use any numbers for the .pac.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

So an example would be for Jigglypuff, if you wanted to replace it's green texture you'd put FitPurin02.pac, but if you wanted to change it to Wisp using a PSA hack, you'd replace it as FitPurin.pac.

So yeah, first you put in the file replacement code into your .gct, which is modified by ocarina or in notepad, then you make that folder and put in your texture/PSA character. Just remember that numbers are for textures, and no numbers means it's a PSA character hack.

Also, as of now, I believe this is the best mewtwo out there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244073

I also recommend Roy and Wisp, so look them up. You should also try looking at kittycorp forums, as they often have new discoveries and tons of tips for new hackers.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I just got the new PSA version 1.3, and opened Pokemon Trainer's Squrtle included in the [MEOWMIX]Effects rar I downloaded. I edited him, giving him a Down B. But when I went to go change his size, it was at 1.03, Ivysaur's size. I checked Charizard's size, which was at a 1, lower than Squirtle's. So I tried my PSA'ed Squirtle out, only to find that my game froze on the selection screen. So...

If you downloaded the [MEOWMIX]Effects rar file, the files are mixed up, so listen:
FitPokeLizardon= Squirtle
FitPokeZenigame= Ivysaur
FitPokeFushigisou= Charizard

Again, this is what I think. If I am wrong, correct me.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
tried to open a file and got the following

Edited- I'll right I'll download

MysticKenji

Smash Master
stuff

If you downloaded the [MEOWMIX]Effects rar file, the files are mixed up, so listen:
FitPokeLizardon= Squirtle
FitPokeZenigame= Ivysaur
FitPokeFushigisou= Charizard

Again, this is what I think. If I am wrong, correct me.
Mine are properly named...

This was probably fixed with the re-released Effects.rar from kittycorp, so anyone who got that one shouldn't have this problem.

Though it's strange that this occurred at all.

Top Bottom