• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
But does anyone know if Ivysaur's default size in PSA is 1.14? That is bigger than any character in the game, to my knowledge.
Or maybe... Bigger=Smaller? Because Snake and Charizard are at 1 in PSA in terms of size, and both of them way bigger than Ivysaur.
Anyway, does anyone know a size in PSA I can give to Ivysaur to make his size similar to Venusaur's? Because I will be making a Venusaur moveset, and having a Venusaur character that looks like Venusaur is always good, right?

MaxThunder

PM Support
the thing whith the size depends on the model too... so it could be ivysaur's default size... wait... psa can do pokemon trainer now? since when?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well, you can view pokeys and dedede's data with a program called OpenSA. OpenSA can't edit stuff though.

and I think that the value is a modifier for their model.

for example, ivysaur's size in the game is 1.14x the size of his model. whereas snake, in the game, is the same size as his model.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
But does anyone know if Ivysaur's default size in PSA is 1.14?
Yes, and what Sage says is correct.
Changing character sizes in PSA results in things like this.

the thing whith the size depends on the model too... so it could be ivysaur's default size... wait... psa can do pokemon trainer now? since when?
Since PW updated it... Dantarion modded PW's update
>_>

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Oh Holy **** The Update Allows You To Edit Pokeys And Dedede? Holy ****!

EDIT: that's dumb...it still can't edit Dedede....

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Okay, can someone seriously help? My files keep going corrupt when I save them, and I can't make one **** PSA character without it freezing on my game. Help on how to fix this? Becuase I've had to restart 4 characters 10 times, it's getting ******* annoying.
Any way to prevent this, or a way to fix my corrupt files? This is really ******* frustrating.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
do you have the latest microsoft .NET framework? no one else has that problem >.>

and does anyone know what subaction number is the glide and glair (attack while gliding) ? I Can't find it D:

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
3.5? Yep. Still having problems.
3/5 of the time, the file I am saving will go corrupt.
1/5 of the time, it will save no problem.
If it helps, I was running two instances of PSA, one Peach, one Yoshi. I really want to learn this program and contribute to brawl hacking, but this is making it pretty hard.
PS: Sorry for my cussing in the last post.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm assuming it's a bug with the update. Phantom wings must have messed up on where you can have two files open at the same time. it's supposed to work no problem, but maybe there's a bug.

I would just do one at a time.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
It is a bug, but it's not related to the two instances thing since I've had it happen to me when I only had one open.

I'd recommend downgrading to v0.2 for now since that version has no bugs.

EDIT: The "Save As" function doesn't seem to have the bug, so only using that should allow you to avoid this problem.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
can someone please tell me the subaction numbers for the glide animation and the glide attack?

and how to give attacks transcendent priority? D:

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
i am not getting allong with everything for some time. like, there is a new PSA version??
can someone please give a link to the newest version and maybe if there something like the newest verion of the charakter püac files, that would be great.
and...am i right that the kittycorb forum is down since some days??

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you can get it in the PSA official project thread. use search function.

and use the autoupdater found

on www.brawlplus.net to get the latest pacs.

and it's .pac files, not puac with the symbol over it. O_o

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know the offensive collision flag that creates an aura effect hit? Need it for my Boshi moveset.

EDIT: NO. This is BS. My Boshi file went corrupt again. I only had one instance running of PSA, and it still went corrupt. Help? This really sucks. I have to make PSA's for a project I'm doing, and it won't even let me make on character.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Also, what bone is connected to the tip of Yoshi's tongue? I also need that.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
can somebody tell me what I would if I wanted to make a move slow down time?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
can somebody tell me what I would if I wanted to make a move slow down time?
You would add a Time Manipulation in the move you want to slow down time. I think Parameter 0 is how much time is slowed down and Parameter 1 is for how long, or vice versa.

As an example I made Captain Falcons Final Smash's parameters 20-500, which slowed down time to hardly moving for about 22 seconds.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I would also like to know the throw attack collision (and throw collision) parameters are. I'm trying to restore Dedede's chaingrab and I'm going to make it non-broken. But I Can't do this without the information. Help please?

Photos

Smash Journeyman
You add PSA characters in the same way you add textures, but you don't use any numbers for the .pac.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

So an example would be for Jigglypuff, if you wanted to replace it's green texture you'd put FitPurin02.pac, but if you wanted to change it to Wisp using a PSA hack, you'd replace it as FitPurin.pac.

So yeah, first you put in the file replacement code into your .gct, which is modified by ocarina or in notepad, then you make that folder and put in your texture/PSA character. Just remember that numbers are for textures, and no numbers means it's a PSA character hack.

Also, as of now, I believe this is the best mewtwo out there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244073

I also recommend Roy and Wisp, so look them up. You should also try looking at kittycorp forums, as they often have new discoveries and tons of tips for new hackers.
i just tried that, but now i can't get BB to work. is there a file i can download to my sd card that i don't have to do anything to? or something close to that? i seem to have bad luck in this area.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I usually edit the 1st one only when I alter a throw as that one seems to be the one that hits the thrown character.

Also,
* Parameter 0 is ID
* Parameter 2 is Damage
* Parameter 3 is Angle
* Parameter 4 is KBG
* Parameter 5 increases loading time...don't change this
* Parameter 6 is BKB
* Parameter 7 is Element
* Parameter 8 does nothing?
* Parameter 9 does nothing?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think I found a major bug with Dantarion's PSAMod.

It seems that the Base Knockback always has to be the shield damage value for some reason.

Like, if the shield damage is 0, even when I try to change the base knockback it'll stay at 0 O_o

Magus420

Smash Master

Code:
[COLOR=#bab0ff][FONT=Lucida Console]---------------------------------
Throw Attack Collision - 060E1100
---------------------------------
Parameter 0  [Value]   ID
Parameter 1  [Value]   ????
Parameter 2  [Value]   Damage
Parameter 3  [Value]   Trajectory
Parameter 4  [Value]   Knockback Growth
Parameter 5  [Value]   Weight-Dep Set KB?
Parameter 6  [Value]   Base Knockback
Parameter 7  [Value]   Element
Parameter 8  [Scalar]  ????
Parameter 9  [Scalar]  ????
Parameter 10 [Scalar]  ????
Parameter 11 [Value]   ????
Parameter 12 [Value]   Sound Effects?
Parameter 13 [Value]   ????
Parameter 14 [Boolean] ????
Parameter 15 [Boolean] ????
Parameter 16 [Value]   ????[/FONT][/COLOR]
Here's some info about the unknown ones and some guesses of what they could be based on the throws using different settings than normal if anyone feels like experimenting to figure out what they do (I didn't actually test any of them):

Code:
[COLOR=#bab0ff]------------------
Unknown Parameters
------------------
[U]Parameter 1  [Value]   Bone?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0   *NORMAL*
1   Diddy(Side-B)
    -Parameter directly after what seems to be the ID. Dunno what else it could be.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 5  [Value]   Weight-Dep Set KB?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0   *NORMAL*
30  DK(Cargo)
80  Dedede(D-Throw 1)
100 MK(D-Throw 2)
120 Bowser(U-Throw)
    -Bowser's u-throw and Dedede's d-throw have set KB and have the usual 0 BKB and 100 KBG setup on these type of moves. I'm almost positive this is correct.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 8  [Scalar]  Tripping Rate?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0.0 *NORMAL*
0.5 Sonic(D-Throw)
1.0 Ganon(Side-B 1&2/Up-B 2), Yoshi(Neut-B All), CF(Final-S), G-Bowser(B/F/U/D-Throw/Side-B 1&2)
    -Scalar and uses the order of the hitbox parameters. No actual reasoning besides that.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 9  [Scalar]  Hitlag Multiplier?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0.0 Diddy/Lucario/Pit/ROB/Wario/ZSS(D-Throw), Ivysaur(B/F/U/D-Throw), Ganon(Side-B 1&2/Up-B 2), G-Bowser(B/F/U/D-Throw/Side-B 1&2), CF(Final-S), Yoshi(Neut-B All)
1.0 *NORMAL*
    -Same as Parameter 8.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 10 [Scalar]  SDI Multiplier?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0.0 Ivysaur(B/F/U/D-Throw), Lucario(Side-B 1)
1.0 *NORMAL*
    -Same as Parameter 8.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 11 [Value]   ????[/U]
[SIZE=1]0   *NORMAL*
2   Bowser(B/U-Throw), CF(Up-B/Final-S), Charizard(D-Throw), Ganon(B/U/D-Throw/Side-B 1&2), Lucario(Side-B 1), Link/MK/Sheik/T-Link/Zelda(Final-S), G-Bowser(B/F/U/D-Throw), Wario/WarioMan(Neut-B 1), Yoshi(Neut-B 1)
    -No idea what this could be.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 12 [Value]   Sound Effects?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0   *NORMAL*
1   Bowser(U-Throw), MK(Final-S)
2   Jiggs(B/F/U/D-Throw 1&2), Ganon(Side-B 2/Up-B 2), G-Bowser(B/U/D-Throw), Wario/WarioMan(Neut-B 1&2), Yoshi(Neut-B 2b)
3   CF/Link/T-Link(Final-S)
5   Sheik/Zelda(Final-S)
8   CF(Up-B), Charizard(D-Throw), Ganon(Up-B 1), G-Bowser(F-Throw)
11  Ganon(Side-B 1)
22  Lucario(Side-B 1)
    -The 8 group all have explosions or fire on the throw KB, and groups 1 and 3 are slashes.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 13 [Value]   Some kind of special effect?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0   CF(Final-S)
1   MK(Final-S)
3   *NORMAL*
4   Snake(D-Throw)
    -Considering the ones it's used on, maybe it puts them into a certain state.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 14 [Boolean] ????[/U]
[SIZE=1]T   *NORMAL*
F   Charizard/Dedede/Diddy/Ike/Ivysaur/Kirby/Lucario/Lucas/Luigi/Pit/ROB/Squirtle/Wario/WarioMan/ZSS(D-Throw), Bowser/G-Bowser(Side-B 2), MK(Final-S)
    -Seems to be common on a lot of d-throws for whatever reason. Maybe related to hitting the floor somehow.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 15 [Boolean] DI Related?[/U]
[SIZE=1]T   *NORMAL*
F   Bowser/G-Bowser(Side-B 2), MK/Sheik/Zelda(Final-S)
    -I vaguely remember Sheik's final smash not being DIable or something weird. Other than that no idea what it could be.

[/SIZE][U]Parameter 16 [Value]   Throw Invincibility?[/U]
[SIZE=1]0   Dedede/Kirby/Yoshi(Neut-B), Diddy(Side-B 1&2), Ganon(Side-B 1&2/Up-B 2a), CF/MK/Sheik/Zelda(Final-S), G-Bowser/WarioMan(B/F/U/D-Throw), WarioMan(Neut-B 1&2)
2   Bowser/G-Bowser(Side-B 1&2)
8   *NORMAL*
    -Only thing that comes to mind with the number 8 is that all non-command throws in Melee were invincible 1-8. All non-command throws on the normal characters have 8 in whatever this parameter is. No idea if throws even have inv anymore in the first place though =P[/SIZE][/COLOR]

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think I found a major bug with Dantarion's PSAMod.

It seems that the Base Knockback always has to be the shield damage value for some reason.

Like, if the shield damage is 0, even when I try to change the base knockback it'll stay at 0 O_o
Reposting because it needs to be addressed.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Oh. And I made a mistake. You can still change base knockback; it's not always 0. BUT, when you're done editing the event, the displayed number is 0. O_o

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yeah, the reason I'm using Dantarion's PSA is because I'm messing with Dedede's down throw :D

Although for some reason, I can't get Dedede's down throw to have knockback growth D:

Magus420

Smash Master
You need to change Parameter 5 (enables and sets the amount of weight-based fixed KB) to 0. When it isn't 0 the KBG stat is instead used as a multiplier or something for this fixed KB stat rather than actual growth.

Also edited my post since I somehow overlooked Dedede's d-throw for having a different Parameter 5. Between Bowser's u-throw and his d-throw it's most definitely the weight-based set KB stat.

shanus

Smash Hero
Question for anyone who has used Basic Variable Sets to set a specific value:

I'm attempting to do the following:

Based on a directional input, basic var set = X

Then in a later momentum function, inject the basic variable into the momentum function.

So as an example:

If Joystick is held up: Basic var set: RA-Basic[80]=1
If Joystick is held forward: Basic var set: RA-Basic[81]=1

Then in the momentum function:

Set Horizontal Momentum: RA-Basic[81]
Set Vertical Momentum: RA-Basic[80]

However, the main problem is that when I do this, they just end up skyrocketing to the moon and not returning. I've tried injecting the direct IC-Basic variables for joystick inputs, but they don't work exactly as I'd like them to.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
You would add a Time Manipulation in the move you want to slow down time. I think Parameter 0 is how much time is slowed down and Parameter 1 is for how long, or vice versa.

As an example I made Captain Falcons Final Smash's parameters 20-500, which slowed down time to hardly moving for about 22 seconds.
what would I do if I wanted to be like when you grab a timer?
including the screen getting darker

pokelover980

Smash Ace
what would I do if I wanted to be like when you grab a timer?
including the screen getting darker
You'd generate the timer (by using the "Generate Item" command, you'd have to find the timer's ID# somewhere though because I don't have it) and you add a "Consume Item" command and leave the parameter at 0. That should work, but I'm not sure.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wow...removing Dedede's weight dependent set KB on his down throw makes it a lot less broken. My awesome yet not broken down throw concept is coming along nicely. :D

Top Bottom