• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
How would I make Pikachu's jab cancel able into his Dtilt only?

Anyone?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with this move?

The things in the loop only happen once and then I'm frozen in place.

Set Loop Infinite
If Button Pressed: IC-Basic [1]
Change Action: action 0, requirement: On Ground
Change Action: action E, requirement: In Air
Else
Do stuff
End If
Loop Rest
Execute Loop

I can only do stuff once and then I can't move. I have the same infinite loop in GFX, SFX, and Main, so do they all not happen at the same time?

One of the things in the stuff is a timer...

Important Question: Can I put graphic effects in Main?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
What's wrong with this move?

The things in the loop only happen once and then I'm frozen in place.

Set Loop Infinite
If Button Pressed: IC-Basic [1]
Change Action: action 0, requirement: On Ground
Change Action: action E, requirement: In Air
Else
Do stuff
End If
Loop Rest
Execute Loop

I can only do stuff once and then I can't move. I have the same infinite loop in GFX, SFX, and Main, so do they all not happen at the same time?

Not sure about the top stuff, but graphics absolutely positively can't go in the Main. Main is for stuff like hitboxes. Graphics has it's own section for a reason :U

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
So...

Does that mean that Main, GFX, and SFX happen side by side?

If there's a timer in Main, does it pause events in GFX and SFX also?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I have a question for you guys.

I'm trying to remake Young Link's fire spike à la Melee, so I added another hitbox to send downward with a fire effect. However, when I succeed in hitting with the fire spike, it seems to have the properties of the other hitboxes but with the fire effect.
I tried to expand the fire hitbox to see how it would fonction with no hitboxes nearby, it worked fine.

So, does anyone know what may be the problem? Is it something in the flag I need to change to give priority to the fire spike? Is it impossible to fix? I don't know what to do.

Thank you, if anyone knows.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Any help with making Pikachu's jab have IASA frames for Dtilt only?

Edit: Try giving the original spike a fire effect instead of making a new hitbox. The last two numbers under Flags in the hitbox control what type of hit it is.(fire, ice, electricity etc) Changing the last number in Flags to 5 should make it a fire spike.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, D.B.K. it worked.

But it would have been too good if there was no other problem....

I made some simple modifications on Toon Link (trajectory, damage, knockback No ading or anything except the fire spike) and now, everytime I try to use the boomerang in mid-air, he does the animation, but no boomerang is thrown. Does anyone know why?

Thank you again.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you could put an if statement in the jab loop (it is a loop, right?) that tests for inputting the A button and down on the joystick, and the statement would change subactions into the d-tilt.

Maybe.

I wouldn't know because... I still need help with my loop.

Why does this...

Set Loop 25 Times
Graphic Effect...(zero on every parameter except for graphic id and size)
Synchronous Timer...
Execute Loop

...only happen once, and then I can't move?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

I made some simple modifications on Toon Link (trajectory, damage, knockback No ading or anything except the fire spike) and now, everytime I try to use the boomerang in mid-air, he does the animation, but no boomerang is thrown. Does anyone know why?

Thank you again.
You removed a Generate Article command or changed the article number to one that doesn't exist.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Maybe you could put an if statement in the jab loop (it is a loop, right?) that tests for inputting the A button and down on the joystick, and the statement would change subactions into the d-tilt.

Maybe.

I wouldn't know because... I still need help with my loop.

Why does this...

Set Loop 25 Times
Graphic Effect...(zero on every parameter except for graphic id and size)
Synchronous Timer...
Execute Loop

...only happen once, and then I can't move?
Could be because you forgot the Loop Rest command.

Also, does anyone know how to make wind? Like, when Latios or Latias doesn't directly hit you and you get pushed. I keep asking because I REALLY need the info. (Making Darth Vader.) I would also like to know if this cannot be done, then I will stop asking.

Dantarion

Smash Champion

The currently running action, subaction main, subaction gfx, subaction sfx, and subaction other ALL run at the same time. From what I can tell, there is no difference between putting certain things in certain places, except for convinience. Some of the ACTIONS in fighter.pac even contain graphics and sound.

Not sure about the top stuff, but graphics absolutely positively can't go in the Main. Main is for stuff like hitboxes. Graphics has it's own section for a reason :U
LOLFAIL

The other guy is right. You gotta check for the dtilt input inside your jab action after a certain number of frames, and then change subaction to dtilt whenever you detect that input.

Also, does anyone know how to make wind? Like, when Latios or Latias doesn't directly hit you and you get pushed. I keep asking because I REALLY need the info. (Making Darth Vader.) I would also like to know if this cannot be done, then I will stop asking.
Doesn't the wind effect flag cause the attack to be wind effect? Try looking at tlinks dair.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
To clarify for Dantarion, look at the LANDING for Toon Link's Dair. Entirely different subactions.

shanus

Smash Hero

Edit: Try giving the original spike a fire effect instead of making a new hitbox. The last two numbers under Flags in the hitbox control what type of hit it is.(fire, ice, electricity etc) Changing the last number in Flags to 5 should make it a fire spike.
Change action: (i think 27 or 28, check the actionID listing); requirement: IC-Basic[1018] < 0

Additional Requirement: Button Press: 0

Place this guy after the desired frame you want it, otherwise it will allow IASA during the entire move.

Pinutk

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know what the Action number for the AAA combo is (EX. like the 112 is neutral B I want the AAA combo if there is one)? Please PM me if you can! Thank you! Great guide btw!

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Change action: (i think 27 or 28, check the actionID listing); requirement: IC-Basic[1018] < 0

Additional Requirement: Button Press: 0

Place this guy after the desired frame you want it, otherwise it will allow IASA during the entire move.
Thanks a lot Shanus, that's just what I needed.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
To clarify for Dantarion, look at the LANDING for Toon Link's Dair. Entirely different subactions.
Doesn't the wind effect flag cause the attack to be wind effect? Try looking at tlinks dair.
I looked at both, I couldn't find anything that has to do with "wind." Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, I'm looking in AttackAirLw and LandingAirLw, is this right?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Somebody open up Game ANd Watches PAC. I found a thing that makes only certain parts of a model visible. Or simply put, FLAT. Now remove and get Profit.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

Thank you again.
You removed the Generate Article command, or changed it.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
When i open Game And Watch, all of his stuff when i open it in the Sub Actions, it has a little stream of numbers, and when i click it says: Appears to affect which part of a characters model are displayed.
Maybe Game And Watch does'nt have to be flat.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
That's what im saying. Ok so i changed it to random high values, and nothing changed. But nether did my Game And Watch texture so must have but not showing up.

The ffects thing that is a download link it does'nt work for me.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what the Action number for the AAA combo is (EX. like the 112 is neutral B I want the AAA combo if there is one)? Please PM me if you can! Thank you! Great guide btw!
Each A is a different number. First A: 48, second A: 49, and third A: 4A. If the third A is a move that loops(ex. Kirby's third A) it is called Attack100Start and Attack100, and they are just a few numbers after the others I said.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone know how to edit item textures? (It's to go with one of my moveset hacks.) I've tried looking it up in MANY places, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Get BrawlScape. That, or edit the Common3.pac.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to make a sword invisible or change its slash color?

Is the tip of a sword a bone?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Would it be possible for someone to upload it on a site that isn't Megaupload? For whatever reason, Megaupload won't let me download. It keeps kicking me back to the first screen before the download timer is finished. It would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Ah nevermind. I was having an issue with a plugin.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

Is the tip of a sword a bone?
Yes, the tip of the sword is a bone, and you cannot change its slash color. I think I know how to make it invisible, but its probably wrong information, sorry.

Get BrawlScape. That, or edit the Common3.pac.
How do I edit the Common3.pac without BrawlScape? (I did download Brawlscape but I don't have a Brawl ISO, so if you could give me a link to that, that would be fine instead of my question.)

MaxThunder

PM Support
i dont know if you can change color... but you can make the sword glow...

While messing around with marths SIDE B, I found the code that makes his sword glow.
There are TONS of parameters (20 to be exact O_o)

EVENT IS

I have taken the liberty of finding a few.
(event goes in GFX)

0 = Colour/Type (Can't find out how to change this)
1 = Blur Length
2 = Bone the beam starts at
3 = Offset of the beam (Y)
4 = Offset of the beam (X)
5 = Offset of beam (Z)
6 = Bone the beam follows (angle)
9 = Length
10 = This action only? (True = yes, False = no)
12 = Bone some other beam starts at (don't know the use...)
19 = ?

The rest I've changed and nothing has happened.

Currently trying to find more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPe46h7ISyo
i found it somewhere... havent really tested it though... thats as far you can get at the moment i think...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Yes, the tip of the sword is a bone, and you cannot change its slash color. I think I know how to make it invisible, but its probably wrong information, sorry.

How do I edit the Common3.pac without BrawlScape? (I did download Brawlscape but I don't have a Brawl ISO, so if you could give me a link to that, that would be fine instead of my question.)
Edit it with SmashBox. I can't give you the Brawl ISO because it's illegal to share and against the rules here.

Top Bottom