• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
grounded animations work everywhere... b i havent reallyh found an aerial animation that works right on the ground... they tend to cut off somewhere... but you'll have to test it yourself...
Mario's Fair works on the ground without cutting off at all.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Quick questions:
1) What do I input to PSA to get "43 = slice" SFX to play?

2) What field modifies the character's size? I don't think its labeled on PSA >_>;
-DD

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Quick questions:
1) What do I input to PSA to get "43 = slice" SFX to play?
I couldn't find that either :/

2) What field modifies the character's size? I don't think its labeled on PSA >_>;
-DD
The one directly below weight; 0B4.

EDIT: Question 1 reminded me -- does anyone know the sfx numbers for Jigglypuff's death screams? I can fix Wisp if I could locate them.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I couldn't find that either :/

The one directly below weight; 0B4.

EDIT: Question 1 reminded me -- does anyone know the sfx numbers for Jigglypuff's death screams? I can fix Wisp if I could locate them.
*obligatory question*
Did you check the SFX of the death animations >_>?
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I don't know which animations are the death animations <_<
>_> Do you know what those funny-named ones are? I think one of them might be them. If I were you, I'd just go through and take out all the SFX that you didn't put in yourself.

And its more likely to be a "character voice" thing than a actual sound effect.

-DD

Eldiran

Smash Lord
>_> Do you know what those funny-named ones are? I think one of them might be them. If I were you, I'd just go through and take out all the SFX that you didn't put in yourself.

And its more likely to be a "character voice" thing than a actual sound effect.

-DD
Actually, now that you remind me, I have already done so, which is why it's a problem. The death cry seems to be called in the actual action. I just want to put a "cancel sfx (death noise)" in every subaction in the hopes that stops it. Unfortunately Jiggly's sound effects are scattered about in the most random way.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I just have a few questions, is there a way to make it so that a character loses a stock without going off stage? like if my character hits them with his final smash instead of flying away reall fast they Just disappear on the spot?

also can I give a character, a counter, an air throw, and have a move that has a different effect in the air vs the ground?? thanx in advance

also how do you make it so that moves can be comboed/canceled into other actions??

sorry if these have been answered there just a lot of stuff to sift thru here

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I just have a few questions, is there a way to make it so that a character loses a stock without going off stage? like if my character hits them with his final smash instead of flying away reall fast they Just disappear on the spot?

also can I give a character, a counter, an air throw, and have a move that has a different effect in the air vs the ground?? thanx in advance

also how do you make it so that moves can be comboed/canceled into other actions??

1. No, as far as I know. You'd have to make the move have a ton of knockback and KBG, and make it do a lot of damage.

2. You can make specials different in the air than on the ground by making their air and ground subactions for that move different.

3. I can't really remember.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

Adding to what Pokelover said:

1. You can't make them just disappear but if you make the knockback REALLY high they will seem like they disappear.

2. Nothing to add.

3. Try the Change Action command.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
so theres no way to even have them dissapear the way nana does??
also I was wondering if you could have it so that it catches an enemy in a grab animation but they dont get pulled to you?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know why Lucas's surfboard entry-thing always comes in? Even if you get rid of everything and put in a new animation, it's still there.

I think it's related to Lucas's entries GFX offsets always being 0 x C070 no matter what you do?

What do you do?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Does anyone know why Lucas's surfboard entry-thing always comes in? Even if you get rid of everything and put in a new animation, it's still there.

I think it's related to Lucas's entries GFX offsets always being 0 x C070 no matter what you do?

What do you do?
i think the entry stuff is in another fiile... at least some of it...

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Can anybody tell me how to make a charging attack? Or a link to a guide that can tell me? Much appreciated.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I think (I'm not 100% sure) you need to have the first part of the move be a charge, and have it lead to the next part of the move.
Okay, but how do I make the attack's power increase for the longer it charges? Like, if my character blinks three times, then it's at full charge. Second blink means it's at mid, so on so on.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok, since im bored, and my computers down, how would i make it so that a Character transports? Like a Shiek, type, transport, thing.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Okay, but how do I make the attack's power increase for the longer it charges? Like, if my character blinks three times, then it's at full charge. Second blink means it's at mid, so on so on.
Make the hitboxes for each charge subaction stronger. For example, the third blink will have the strongest hitboxes. For the second blink, it would go to a different subaction with weaker hitboxes, and so on.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Different computer. DUH. But how would i make a character have a move where he transported? Like Sonic his Up-Special would make him transport.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Hey does anyone remember the code for the animation speed change?
Also lets say there was a move that went from frames 1 to 5(not that there is such a move,just an example:p) and i wanted time to be halved between frames 1 and 5. would i tell time to speed back up again at frame 5 or would i make time speed up again at a later frame since time's slowed down?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey does anyone remember the code for the animation speed change?
Also lets say there was a move that went from frames 1 to 5(not that there is such a move,just an example:p) and i wanted time to be halved between frames 1 and 5. would i tell time to speed back up again at frame 5 or would i make time speed up again at a later frame since time's slowed down?
PSA list thread is what you want for this kind of info:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246651

Also, the frame speed modifier only affects the subaction it's placed in.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Make the hitboxes for each charge subaction stronger. For example, the third blink will have the strongest hitboxes. For the second blink, it would go to a different subaction with weaker hitboxes, and so on.
Yeah, but how would I link a stronger subaction hitbox with each blink?

Thank you for answering my original question though.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah, but how would I link a stronger subaction hitbox with each blink?

Thank you for answering my original question though.
I don't know what the most efficient way to do it would be, but i would probably use if statements (i.e. If charge is greater than 2 seconds, do the strong hitbox, and else, do the weak one).

You might need lots of if statements, though...:(

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
oh yeah is there an If statement that has a requirement of,"if subaction is interrupted" or something?
Because i'm making this one absolute defense move,when you charge upsmash you are intangible,but the move that comes out does nothing(end lag:p).I need to see if there's a way to change my body collision back to normal without adding normal body collision to every subaction that can interrupt him.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway to make a gfx/hitbox appear in a position proportionate to the opponent?
What I'd like to do is a spell that makes lightning strike right where the opponent is. The Homing atack is able to do it, so how is it done? Is it possible?

Thanks

Eldiran

Smash Lord
oh yeah is there an If statement that has a requirement of,"if subaction is interrupted" or something?
Because i'm making this one absolute defense move,when you charge upsmash you are intangible,but the move that comes out does nothing(end lag:p).I need to see if there's a way to change my body collision back to normal without adding normal body collision to every subaction that can interrupt him.
Unfortunately there is no such requirement. You'll have to do it the hard way.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
aw darn....
What subactions CAN interrupt an intangible move?
Actually... the only possible way to interrupt a move that is intangible is if the character already was sliding along the ground when it was used and fell off a platform. By the way, if I recall correctly, a change in body collision only lasts for the subaction it is in, so you probably don't have to worry about it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
OK seriously, how would i make a character transport? Kinda like Shiek's tranport, thing.
I don't think you can make them actually transport, but what might work (I have not tried this) is making them use a move that moves a character the direction you want them to go, speeding the move up a LOT, and making them invisible during the move. Or you could look at Sheik's B up if that doesn't work the way you want it to.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Actually... the only possible way to interrupt a move that is intangible is if the character already was sliding along the ground when it was used and fell off a platform. By the way, if I recall correctly, a change in body collision only lasts for the subaction it is in, so you probably don't have to worry about it.
oh......well that just makes it easier:)

My kirby hack is kinda copying your wisp in a different way with the bit variable changes:p

Blackhawk

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to make a mod for Captain Falcon where his Falcon Punch will repeat endlessly. I managed to make the hitbox loop, but I need to know if there's a way to make the animation do so. Does anyone have an answer for me?

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to make a mod for Captain Falcon where his Falcon Punch will repeat endlessly. I managed to make the hitbox loop, but I need to know if there's a way to make the animation do so. Does anyone have an answer for me?
I think theres a loop animation thing in the animation flags.but i've never messed with them so,worth a shotXP

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for information on Kirby's abilities. Is there a known way to make Kirby always have a particular B move? Specifically, I'm looking to make a Kirby who always has Squirtle's Water Gun, preferably without the hat.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I'm looking for information on Kirby's abilities. Is there a known way to make Kirby always have a particular B move? Specifically, I'm looking to make a Kirby who always has Squirtle's Water Gun, preferably without the hat.
dont think thats possible... at least as far as i know... i think kirby loads the right b moves for all characters in the battle when the battle starts...

Top Bottom