• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Anybody know where Toon Link gets the behavior where he bounces upward after hitting somebody? I changed the animation (To that of another character), and everything in Main, as well as other. He won't do the other character's multi-hit move properly, and bounces up in the middle of it.

Blackhawk

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me with a Lucario project? I'm trying to make his neutral B fire a series of five superscope shots, then spawn a smart bomb in his hand. However, every time I hit B, the game freezes. Here's a screenshot of the subaction in the hope someone can assist.

Shot at 2009-11-01

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Anybody know where Toon Link gets the behavior where he bounces upward after hitting somebody? I changed the animation (To that of another character), and everything in Main, as well as other. He won't do the other character's multi-hit move properly, and bounces up in the middle of it.
Remove LA-Bit 64 and see what that does.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
So I just started using this thing, I'm making a character edit for myself and I have a few questions:

WTF@Grabs, man? :p These values aren't attached to any other moves. Say I want to remove the tether and give her a regular good ol' fashioned grab. How would I do that? My poor brain hurts. :p

Is it possible to call animations of other characters?

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Hitbox Element Flag - Hitstun?

Ok, sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

My friend and I were arguing about whether or not changing hitbox effects (such as adding fire to a normal attack flag) changed the hitstun associated with them? (I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for) Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Ok, sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

My friend and I were arguing about whether or not changing hitbox effects (such as adding fire to a normal attack flag) changed the hitstun associated with them? (I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for) Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)
Hitstun(or hitlag, as PSA refers to it) is separate from Flags, if you want to change it, change the number in Hitlag.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Can anyone help me with a Lucario project? I'm trying to make his neutral B fire a series of five superscope shots, then spawn a smart bomb in his hand. However, every time I hit B, the game freezes. Here's a screenshot of the subaction in the hope someone can assist.
from what i can see... you create an item, the do something whith the unspecified command and then deletes it... whith no pause or anything, making the game do all that at once, and when you create and delete an item at the same time you wont even see it... and then you have 5 frame pause, whith a allow interupt after... so... after 5 frames you can cancell it and o something else... then you repeat the create/something/kill- thing that really doesnt do much, another 5 frame timer followed by a new allow interupt... you dont need this... you're allready allowed to interupt the move from the last one... so now you'r double allowed... and then it continues like that until you get to the item you wanna keep...

in all this... you have a move that does nothing until it spawns an item... to make it do something you need to have at least one frame between creating and destroying the items... i'm nt sure if you can shoot it when you destroy it... but the reason it crashes might be the undefined command in there... though i might be wrong cause i dont know what it does... and allow interupts usually are at the end of the move... when you can interupt something after 5 frames its kinda wierd... cause 5 frames=5/60 of a second...

No, it's not.
its not... but you can switch animations between them whith brawlbox... somehow...

Doval

Smash Lord
I have a couple of pretty straightforward questions that would help me a lot:
1) Where can I nab the latest version of PSA? I read Dantarion patched it as soon as PW released the source code.
2) Are the BKB/KBG values still inverted in the latest version?
3) I want to use PSA to read frame data. This is pretty easy for most moves, but not for Smash Attacks. Can anyone tell me a surefire way to know on which frame one part of the Smash ends and the next animation begins?

Blackhawk

Smash Rookie
I tried removing all the gun parts so that Lucario's B move just spawns a Smart Bomb in his hand and now he freezes after the animation once the bomb appears...any fixes? The only line is "Generate Item: 36"

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
Really? Does anyone know how?
Even with the animation swapping, the model is morphed around the replaced character's bones like a moveset hack. I don't have BrawlBox, so I'm not sure of the difficulty of doing so, but I know that doing one and keeping the character the same shape is barely possible.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Even with the animation swapping, the model is morphed around the replaced character's bones like a moveset hack. I don't have BrawlBox, so I'm not sure of the difficulty of doing so, but I know that doing one and keeping the character the same shape is barely possible.
So that also means that if you did switch animations most specials would still make characters go into the "T" stance (for lack of a better word [is there a more appropriate name for it?])?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to make a character remove an equipped item? (bunny hood, screw ball, franklin badge).

I know its not consume, drop or throw item. unless I need to modify some parameters.

Thanks

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
T-poses are because moves don't have an animation named whatever is being called.

And doing individual move-swaps are easy, if you pick characters with similar size/shape, there will often be minimal stretching. Check here for the how-to.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I created my own thread for this but was told to ask here.
* - Need help with this
What I want to accomplish:

*- Kirby enters the match wearing his Peach hat. The hat doesn't disappear when he taunts, takes large amounts of damage, or dies. I don't know how to do this.

*- Replace his neutral special with his needles (Sheik) using BrawlBox then modify it so he throws a single needle at a time. Overall it would behave similar to Falco's lasers. I would also like to make the needles significantly more visible - any ideas as to how (without affecting Sheik's needles)?

- Replace his up special with his mach tornado animation (MK) using BrawlBox then modify it to behave more like Donkey Kong or Bowser's up special.

- Replace his grounded side special with his falcon punch animation (CF) using BrawlBox. It behaves the same as his regular grounded side special.

*- Replace his air side special with a combination of his air falcon punch animation and his air warlock punch animation (Ganon) in rapid succession. It behaves the same as his normal air side special. This one I need help with: I could replace his air side special with the air falcon punch using BrawlBox, but how do I get the air warlock punch animation in there as well?

*- Replace his down special with his giant punch animation (DK) using BrawlBox. I think I'll need help with this one. It want it to behave similar to a Counter and a regular attack. The first few frames he would have super armor like Yoshi's double jump, Ike's eruption, DK's full giant punch, or Ganon's flame choke. He can still receive damage during this stage but is immune to hit stun and knock back. If he is not struck during this stage, the punch deals decent damage but has low killing potential. If he is struck, the damage dealt doubles and the knock back increases. I'll have more specific questions on this when I actually get to it.
So Peach crown, more visible needles, double punch, and the last one. Please help.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@AMKalmar:

These are very complicated things to do that most of us wouldn't know where to begin working on. I don't mean to be a downer, but you should expect you're probably going to have to do most of it yourself.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I created my own thread for this but was told to ask here.
* - Need help with this

So Peach crown, more visible needles, double punch, and the last one. Please help.
Right right. Let's get one thing out of the way here before we get started. BrawlBox DOES NOT edit moves. But rather it can edit models, textures, and animations. Most of your tasks you do NOT need Brawlbox to accomplish except for the first one, and the animations for the rest.

Most of your work, you will be doing in Smash Attacks, which is shortened down to PSA or SA. This is the program that will allow you to edit most of your moves.

Now Kirby is a VERY unique character, since he has the neutral specials of every character. Now I am not a very strong PSA user, but I know enough to get by, and I know lots about Kirby, since he was the first character I opened.

1. The Crown should be simple enough to get now that BrawlBox is out. Search around Kirby, and Kirby related files. You should be able to find his Crown inside this file, but that is just a guess, and it is for you to find out. Once you find it, you should be able to just replace the normal Kirby model with his one wearing the crown.

2. His Neutral Special will take a lot of working around, since it is pretty big and complex, and if you mess up a single piece of it, your game will crash. Here is a wonderful page filled with a very accurate list of all of Kirby hats within his main character. From what I can tell, Kirby does not carry the animations with him also, and you will have to go into the Partition and get a copy of the appropriate hat, and see if it contains the animations. If not, then I am mistaken and you can get them from the standard Kirby file. Otherwise, simply replace the animations that you don't need anymore with Kirbs new ones in BrawlBox.
Since we can't currently edit projectiles (As far as I know anyways), you would be better off to simply have him throw Falco's lasers, which can be acquired in the proper subaction, as can the needles. I don't remember the details on it, but with every projectile, which is a new article, Kirby needs an additional piece of code (Usually located in the Other section) to allow him to summon that article rather than one he would normally pull out. I believe the article number is "D" or "E".

3. I have pretty much answered everything in the last one. Using that information, you should be able to piece together your other goals. Good luck.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
So I'm starting PSA, gotten a list of Animations and Attacks to replace, does anyone know how I can give this a try?

So I open up Smash Attacks and open FitSonic.pac file and opened another SA for FitSonicMotionetc.pac, what do I do first? (Which means "Replacing Sonic's Uair with Utilt for example")

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Darn! I just accidentally closed the window. Okay, let's write this all again.

@Eldiran

I know how to do most of it.

@Thunderspam

When I say I am replacing a move using BrawlBox I mean I will export the animation from something like FitKirbyCaptain00.pac and replace the appropriate animation in FitKirbyMotionEtc.pac. That's just for the animations, obviously the rest is done in PSA but that's not what I need help with.

Kirby's hat files only contain models for the weapon, cap, and one of those models ending in "Shd" that I can't see (I think it handles the shadow?). So FitKirbyPeach00.pac contains the models for Toad (WpnPeachKinopio), the crown (WpnKirbyPeachCap), and the other one (WpnKirbyPeachCapShd). What is that last one?! So it's not as simple as swapping his hatless body for a body with a hat. This is why I need help. Is it possible to import the model to Kirby's standard PAC without replacing something else? Or will that exceed the file size limit (or just not work)? I've seen mario wearing his hat AND his hair (the hair sticks through the hat) but I don't know how this was accomplished. I also don't know if this method would even work with kirby since his hats are in different PACs whereas (I assume) Mario's hair is in his standard PAC.

As far as his neutral special goes, I don't think I'll have any trouble with the animation. And I do not want to give him falco's laser. I meant he would throw them out one at a time and be able to lag-cancel them like falco. This will be done in PSA. All I want to know is how to make them more visible. Perhaps I'll modify his spit star or final cutter projectile and use that... but I don't really like that idea.

I have dumped brawl onto my computer and extracted the main partition so... I don't need illinalex's partition anymore - but it was a great help while I didn't have it!

I think the biggest problem are the last 2. For his grounded side special I want to replace the animation with a grounded Falcon Punch (simple). But the air side special links 2 animations. I'm thinking I'll have to sacrifice one Kirby's animations and replace it with an air Warlock Punch, then not use it anywhere else. What I'm asking is if there's a way of doing this without replacing something else - again, can I just import?

Hah, Toad's name is Kinopio!

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
how do you edit the lag in the landing of aerial moves? and how do u add dashdancing back in characters such as zero? he cant dash dance D:

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Thunderspam, you were partially right about swapping Kirby's body for a costume model:

While looking through Kirby's files in brawlbox I found that for some character costumes, it would be possible to replace Kirby's body to make him always wear the costume. The DK, Falco, Olimar, Jiggly, and Snake costumes all replace Kirby's body with the costume body - you'll notice these have 6 textures (1 for each of Kirby's colours) as oppose to 1. All the other costumes are hats that are added to Kirby's normal body. Now I need to figure out how to do that.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I actually attempted to make a Kirby costume into his Snake appearance... I failed miserably. The result was that Kirby became bald and bearded and had one arm. When he started floating he would disappear, leaving only his limbs and a headband flying around. And when he shielded, one of his feet became huge and slowly shrank.

...yeah.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
LOL! That's funny! Shrinking foot syndrome... best.

Looking in FitKirbySheik00.pac I've found that he has his own needles so I don't have to worry about Sheik's needles being affected if I change the scale.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... That sounds like it could work well with what I'm planning... Anywaaay...

I'm not exactly clear on how to give one of his normal specials. I'm not looking for much, I just want him to always have Water Gun, just the way it normally is.

I've got the animations clear, but how do I put in the water? Do I just stick all the model and texture data related to the water into FitKirby.pac?

If so, where do I put them, and how? Do I have to replace some other object that he already has, and call that?

And can they be called just by replacing his neutral B action with the first action related to that particular special, using PSA?

How does the game determine which object to call (they all seem to be 4 or 5...)?

If nobody feels like answering, could I at least have the download to a Kirby that has something similar? Did someone already make a Kirby that always has Falco's laser? That could help me figure out what to do, if nobody wants to explain the process clearly.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Hmm... it appears that SmashAttacks can't open Kirby's transformations. Is this the same deal as with Dedede and the Pokemon?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Hmm... That sounds like it could work well with what I'm planning... Anywaaay...

I'm not exactly clear on how to give one of his normal specials. I'm not looking for much, I just want him to always have Water Gun, just the way it normally is.

I've got the animations clear, but how do I put in the water? Do I just stick all the model and texture data related to the water into FitKirby.pac?

If so, where do I put them, and how? Do I have to replace some other object that he already has, and call that?

And can they be called just by replacing his neutral B action with the first action related to that particular special, using PSA?

I have a Kirby with Water Gun as Ftilt, although there isn't a water graphic.

Does anyone know where the external graphic effects are located? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
lol! Okay, Eldiran. I tried what you did with falco - same effect. Did you grab a ledge!? You'll either teleport to the middle of the stage or instantly die off one of the sides! And the grounded up B stays grounded.

So switching bodies doesn't work after all.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I have a Kirby with Water Gun as Ftilt, although there isn't a water graphic.

Does anyone know where the external graphic effects are located? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
You can find it in the partition, in Kirby's folder. Squirtle's Japanese name is Zenigame, look for that. I'm pretty sure that all the files you need for the graphics are right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmgun33y0ex/FitKirbyPokeZenigameSpy.pac

If you can get it working properly, I'd like to hear how, or have a download link, or whatever... I wish there was a simple, step-by-step guide to model importing, like there is for animation swapping.

Doval

Smash Lord
Bumping my questions since it's been a bit over a day and over 1 page.
Myself said:
I have a couple of pretty straightforward questions that would help me a lot:
1) Where can I nab the latest version of PSA? I read Dantarion patched it as soon as PW released the source code.
2) Are the BKB/KBG values still inverted in the latest version?
3) I want to use PSA to read frame data. This is pretty easy for most moves, but not for Smash Attacks. Can anyone tell me a surefire way to know on which frame one part of the Smash ends and the next animation begins?
Thanks in advance.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
lol! Okay, Eldiran. I tried what you did with falco - same effect. Did you grab a ledge!? You'll either teleport to the middle of the stage or instantly die off one of the sides! And the grounded up B stays grounded.

So switching bodies doesn't work after all.
Haha, I can't say I ever noticed that effect. The Up+B was definitely wonky though. That's because "Moves Character" tags don't seem to work with these kinds of changes.

@Doval: The latest version of PSA can be found in the thread called "Official PSA Thread". I don't believe it has the proper values. The older PSAs can be found there too, though, if I recall correctly.

Doval

Smash Lord
Thanks lots. Was gonna check there but the forum doesn't let you search for 3 character strings, and I didn't know what else was in the title.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
So I'm starting PSA, gotten a list of Animations and Attacks to replace, does anyone know how I can give this a try?

So I open up Smash Attacks and open FitSonic.pac file and opened another SA for FitSonicMotionetc.pac, what do I do first? (Which means "Replacing Sonic's Uair with Utilt for example")
Just reposting if anyone can help

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
BTW, Can I just use a measure of an animation in a movement? So it skips to the 25th animation frame or something? (Example would be down throw but when seeing it, it instantly goes to the highest point of the spikes and not using any animation before it

Top Bottom