• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
BTW, Can I just use a measure of an animation in a movement? So it skips to the 25th animation frame or something? (Example would be down throw but when seeing it, it instantly goes to the highest point of the spikes and not using any animation before it
Use Frame Rate modifier (event 04070100) to raise the animation speed to a very high number (like 60), then bring it back to 1 at the frame you want the animation to start. By the way, Frame Rate modifier also speeds up the events in the sub-action, so you don't have to re-adjust them. I'm not entirely sure if this works on throws, however... It probably does.

I'm still waiting for some info or downloads on giving Kirby a permanent Special...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Sorry about that Fenix, I couldn't get it to work. I'll try again tomorrow when I have more time to look at it.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to remove an equipped item, like a bunny hood for example or a franklin badge?

I asked this 2 or 3 pages ago and got no answer. I think it is a very simple question. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I have no idea if this was asked:

How would I go about making someone throw an item that they had just picked up? Like, an imediate throw, as SOON as you picked it up, you would throw it in the direction you are facing. Not TOSS it behind you, but THROW it forwards. I can only get characters to toss (discard) the item. >_>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

How would I go about making someone throw an item that they had just picked up? Like, an imediate throw, as SOON as you picked it up, you would throw it in the direction you are facing. Not TOSS it behind you, but THROW it forwards. I can only get characters to toss (discard) the item. >_>
>_> Have it call the throw action?

Not sure where in PSA that would even go, but yea, its just calling an action.
-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support

i managed to do that whith cracker launcher shots once... though i was unable to recreate it with something else... and it got corrupted so i lost it... ...

now... does anyone know in what file articles are?... i think i might try doing something whith them... though i dont know anything about how to but i'll hopefully find out...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Use Frame Rate modifier (event 04070100) to raise the animation speed to a very high number (like 60), then bring it back to 1 at the frame you want the animation to start. By the way, Frame Rate modifier also speeds up the events in the sub-action, so you don't have to re-adjust them. I'm not entirely sure if this works on throws, however... It probably does.

I'm still waiting for some info or downloads on giving Kirby a permanent Special...
The problem for most copy abilities, I imagine, is that you'd have to give Kirby a projectile he doesn't normally have. Because we can't edit those, that presents a lot of difficulty.

@God of Humility: Try using Consume Item. That's all I can think of.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
>_> Have it call the throw action?

Not sure where in PSA that would even go, but yea, its just calling an action.
-DD
I tried that already :/

i managed to do that whith cracker launcher shots once... though i was unable to recreate it with something else... and it got corrupted so i lost it... ...

now... does anyone know in what file articles are?... i think i might try doing something whith them... though i dont know anything about how to but i'll hopefully find out...
What file? Do you mean what they're called in PSA, or what actual hard "file"?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
@God of Humility: Try using Consume Item. That's all I can think of.
I tried consume item, and it only works on item held in hand. It can't remove equipped items, unless I have to modify something in the parameters, and I have no idea how that would work out. Thanks anyway.

Anyone knows?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I open Mewtwo, change nothing, save, and it gets a ~+56 kb size boost and freezes the wii.

What do I do about this?
-DD

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Guys, which one is the animation for Item Charge Up Smash? (ex: Charging a Beam Sword Smash)
I don't think that there is a Beam Sword Up Smash, but the beam sword attacks are named just like the A attacks are. The fsmash is Swing4, the tilt is Swing3, and the jab is Swing 1. But if you're using a bat, I think the fsmash is SwingBat.

Anyway, if you're using the code that sets gravity to zero and momentum to zero, when does your gravity become normal again? Can you use the Move Character code to move while your momentum has been set to zero by this code?

Can you shield without your shield GFX showing up, or have a custom shield like Yoshi?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I don't think that there is a Beam Sword Up Smash, but the beam sword attacks are named just like the A attacks are. The fsmash is Swing4, the tilt is Swing3, and the jab is Swing 1. But if you're using a bat, I think the fsmash is SwingBat.

Anyway, if you're using the code that sets gravity to zero and momentum to zero, when does your gravity become normal again? Can you use the Move Character code to move while your momentum has been set to zero by this code?

Can you shield without your shield GFX showing up, or have a custom shield like Yoshi?
Whoops, I didn't mean Up Smash but Charge-Up or "Charging"

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

Try putting the Change Action command at the end of the pick-up sub action and make it go to the throw forward sub action.

Also, is hexadecimal involved in PSA for everything? Including X/Y/Z-axis, Hitlag, etc. I understand hex, all I want to know is if it is used for everything.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@brawlshifter: hex is what the files are in, though many parameters are better understood in Scalar. For example, Hitlag multiplier is a scalar value in PSA.

@Onik4ge: Try using the Throw Item command and putting scalar values in for the last 4 parameters.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
@brawlshifter: hex is what the files are in, though many parameters are better understood in Scalar. For example, Hitlag multiplier is a scalar value in PSA.
Thanks.

This is the first time I've attempted a loop, and I need help with a few things:

1. I am making Captain Falcon use a fire axe using his Swing41 motion, and I want it to loop, can I even do it with that move?

2. If so, where do I put the loop? At the very beginning of the move, or at the start of the collisions? Also where do I make it end.

3. Finally, how do I make it so that he has to hold "A" down for it to loop.

Sorry if these are questions that have already been answered or are stupid, I haven't done this before.

MaxThunder

PM Support
What file? Do you mean what they're called in PSA, or what actual hard "file"?
what actual files they're in... i think some are whith the moveset... and i think some are in the motionetc or something... i just want to be sure before i start messing whith stuff...

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Thanks.

This is the first time I've attempted a loop, and I need help with a few things:

1. I am making Captain Falcon use a fire axe using his Swing41 motion, and I want it to loop, can I even do it with that move?

2. If so, where do I put the loop? At the very beginning of the move, or at the start of the collisions? Also where do I make it end.

3. Finally, how do I make it so that he has to hold "A" down for it to loop.

Sorry if these are questions that have already been answered or are stupid, I haven't done this before.
You can make any animation loop by clicking on Animation Flags and clicking Loop.

Put a loop encompassing the entire thing of code inside and set it to infinite.

You could put an if statement that checks if you're stilling holding A at the end of the loop, and if not, Change Action to the appropriate action.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
You can make any animation loop by clicking on Animation Flags and clicking Loop.

Put a loop encompassing the entire thing of code inside and set it to infinite.

You could put an if statement that checks if you're stilling holding A at the end of the loop, and if not, Change Action to the appropriate action.
Thanks for the help, but I have a new problem now: the move loops, but it doesn't stop looping no matter what I do, and after the first time, it doesn't do any damage at all. It looks like this:

If: Button Press
Set Loop Infinite
All of the normal things to make the move itself work
Loop Rest
Execute Loop:
Else:
All of the normal things to make the move work

Can someone PLEASE help.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help, but I have a new problem now: the move loops, but it doesn't stop looping no matter what I do, and after the first time, it doesn't do any damage at all. It looks like this:

If: Button Press
Set Loop Infinite
All of the normal things to make the move itself work
Loop Rest
Execute Loop:
Else:
All of the normal things to make the move work

Can someone PLEASE help.

Instead try:

Set Loop Infinite
-Normal move things
-If: Button Not Pressed
--Loop Rest
-End If
Execute Loop

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I bet the hitboxes/effects stopped though.

I think:

Set Loop Infinite
-Normal move things
-If: Button Not Pressed
--Change Action: 0, Requirement: On Ground
--Loop Rest
-End If
Execute Loop

should work.
It did the same thing, again. Can someone download this and try to find out what's wrong please, and perhaps try to fix it. Here.

(If you use him in Brawl the axe will only show up if Mario is in the match, I'm going to fix this soon.)

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
It did the same thing, again. Can someone download this and try to find out what's wrong please, and perhaps try to fix it. Here.

(If you use him in Brawl the axe will only show up if Mario is in the match, I'm going to fix this soon.)
Infinite loops and loop rests can do some weird stuff; try making the iterations to 0FFFFFFF and removing the loop rest. That's worked for me, at least.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Infinite loops and loop rests can do some weird stuff; try making the iterations to 0FFFFFFF and removing the loop rest. That's worked for me, at least.
Okay...now the first one didn't even do any damage. This is starting to piss me off, as I said it would be greatly appreciated if someone would download it and find out what's wrong, because I cannot find it...

Also I have just realized that everytime I have ever said "Change Action" in any of my posts, I meant "Change Sub-Action". Sorry...

MaxThunder

PM Support
Okay...now the first one didn't even do any damage. This is starting to piss me off, as I said it would be greatly appreciated if someone would download it and find out what's wrong, because I cannot find it...

Also I have just realized that everytime I have ever said "Change Action" in any of my posts, I meant "Change Sub-Action". Sorry...
then you should try again whith the change actions...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm trying to make a flying kick moving downwards bounce up, so that the character can do it again. Think Toon Link's Dair. How can I do this?
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/Ken_Hitokiri/Howbounce.png
Posting this if it helps.
Try putting this at the beginning of the subaction:

Change Action <insert jump-like action here>, Requirement: 0B (Hit with Hitbox)

Here's the action list: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239768

I'd try 67 : footstool an enemy, first. And see if that works.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sorry for the late response. Well, I did that, and it didn't work. Am I supposed to check "not"?
Nah, it should work as is. I recommend trying different actions, such as perhaps an aerial jump. I'm just throwing out the best idea I have.

@brawlshifter: I'll try out your file when I get the chance to use my Wii.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
This is a bit of a lengthy question, but I'm just starting to learn how to use PSA and I was wondering if I could have some help...

(For whatever reason...) I'm making a mod on Sonic that makes him move almost exactly the same as in his Sega Genesis games. In other words, he has to slowly accelerate to get to full speed, he hurts people when he's jumping/rolling, no double jump, and he can't attack.

Now here are some issues I'm having:

1. Is it possible to disable dashing? In the "dash" event, I put a command to change to the "slow walk" event, but the animation just freezes on the first frame of the dash animation and he still gets propelled forward unless you stop holding left/right, and you can only stop by shield rolling, or jumping.

Partially solved. I simply added an "Allow Interrupt" command, but it still runs for 1 frame, so the horizontal speed of Sonic goes to 0...

2. I've made his jumping and falling events hurt other players, but is there any way to detect if you've hit another player and then reverse either just vertical direction, or both vertical and horizontal directions? In the original game, small enemies would reverse your vertical momentum, while bosses usually reversed all momentum.

3. Is there any way for his physics to get carried over to the SSE levels? He has all of his moves working fine, but gravity, number of jumps, speed, and other items on the last menu in PSA don't carry over into SSE.

( EDIT: )
4. I've come up with another issue... I successfully made it so you can spin dash (Sonic's Down-B) with the jump button, but I can't figure out how to make it properly know if down is being held or not... I saw the following code on another forum but I don't understand where the 2 things under it go:

Solved. I was entering the wrong values.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom